1408 West Craig Road, North Las Vegas, NV, 89032, US
Thu:Closed
Fri:Closed
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

missing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription.

On October 22, 2010 at 4:54 I picked up my prescriptions from the above
referenced pharmacy. At 5:50 p.m. I noticed my bottle of Oxycodone did not feel right. So I counted my pills and realized that I only had 60 pills and I should have had 150 pills. I immediately called the pharmacy. I explained my situation
to one employee and the employee asked me to hold on for the Pharmacist, then
another person came on the line and I explained the problem to her. The second employee told me that the Pharmacist would count the stock and return my call in 30 minutes. After an hour and a half when I had not received a call back, I called the Pharmacy. I asked for the Pharmacist and told the gentlemen who answered my name. He said, the Pharmacist counted the stock and our stock is not off. I explained the stock had to be off because I only have 60 pills and I should have had 150, I told him I know how to count and he should tell the Pharmacist to check again. He said, our count is right. The pharmacist would not speak to me either time I called and I suspect that Pharmacist would not speak to me because the Pharmacist knows what happened to my pills. If there stock is correct, then they have done something with the paperwork or prescriptions or the medications to make it correct. It cannot be correct if
they are doing everything they should be doing.

I take these pills for back pain and my insurance only allows me to fill a
prescription every 30 days. I would like the CVS Pharmacy and all of it's
staff, especially the Pharmacist investigated. I will not use this CVS Pharmacy again but I would like the rest of my Oxycodone for the month.

I went in to the Pharmacy on Saturday 10/23 to speak with the Pharmacy manager. I explained my situation to her and she said, sorry, we watched the video the pills were counted twice and logged correctly. Our count is correct. I explained that I am not concerned about their count. Obviously something happened to my bottle of pills after it was counted and logged and before I picked it up. She called over some grouchy little old lady who said she personally reviewed the video and I left with 150 pills. I told her that she could not have viewed the video from 10/20 when my pills were filled to the time I picked them up in the evening of 10/22.
I dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the prescription paperwork says that 2 of the prescriptions (oxycodone and morphine) were filled a couple of hours later on 10/22 but the cymbalta and soma were not filled until the morning of 10/22. There were 4 bottles in one bag with the oxycodone and morphine paperwork stapled together and the other 2 scrips added stapling all 4 together. Obviously the oxycodone and morphine were filled and were put somewhere, probably in a bag on 10/20 evening, when they filled the other 2 scrips on 10/22 and put them all together, is most likely when they stole my pills. But when I explained this to the Pharmacy manager she was rude, and said, she did had said all she was going to say to me, if the authorities wanted to look into it they could, but she is not going to look any further. She actually accused me of someone in my household taking my pills or me losing them or lying. When I explained that I left the pharmacy, went to Walmart, before I got out of my car I put all scrips in my purse, and zipped the middle zipper, when I returned to my car an hour later after grocery shopping the zipper was still zipped and that is when I noticed the pills were not there.
I sent a complaint form to the NV State Pharmacy Board and called the police. The police were supposed to return my call today to take my report but they have not done so yet.
The Pharmacy Manager should not be a manager if she is not smart enough to figure out that it doesn't make sense for them to fill 2 of the 4 medications, the narcotics, on one day, and fill the other 2 meds, 2 days later, leaving an opportunity for an employee to open the bag of the and remove an already filled bottle. The Pharmacy manager should lose her job and the Pharmacist's on all shifts should be fired and lose their licenses for allowing this to happen.

Carol Sapp Jul 27, 2008

I went into to buy cosemetics, there were buy one and get one 50% off. After purchasing them it seemed like more than it should have been for the price. I said something to the cashier but she got very hateful and said this is what came up on the register. So I asked her to come over and look at the price. She came over and looked but said it came up on the register that way in a really hateful way. Her cashier number is 127796.
    Then she started waiting on someone else so I waited until she was finished and then I told her I didn't want to argue with her but would she explain. She went back to the counter waiting on someone else and threw their purchase into the bag. Then called a young man to come and help me. He was very nice and we discovered the right sign for the price was not on the display. I just feel that when you shop you should be treated right, we shop there alot but she has had attitude problems before but not quite this bad.
    I certainly won't be going back any time soon.
    Carol Sapp

• As
    astrosue Feb 13, 2009

CVS hires the least # of employeees they can and are always understaffed which is dangerous at their pharmacy where they fill prescriptions. They will have one pharmacist on duty and that person is supposed to do 1, 000 at one time . I am at a cvs which delivers prescriptions: however, you never know if and when you will get your meds---even the ones whichshould be taken regularlyAND are dangerous if NOT taken on a regular basis. They neve r cal to say the are out of a med and will have to delay your need for a day while they order it. And they never seem to know
    why something did not get delivered.
    Many delivery pharmacies deliver several times per day, but w/ CVS it is only one time per day.
    Costco is cheaper and you do not have to be a member if order to use the Costco Pharmacy. Justtell the person looking for your membership card at the Costoc entrance tht ou are just using the pharmacy!

• Fe
    Fed Up Feb 27, 2009

This CVS has a terrible habit of following innocent customers around the store. On several occasions, myself and my adult kids have been followed from aisle to aisle by one or more of the employees in the store. It's in this particular CVS that we and a few others have experienced this type of behavior from the employees and management. I have lived and shopped in CVS for many years. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop (or anyone that I know) at CVS on Polifly Road in Hackensack again. The employees are extremely rude and discourteous. The store is never fully stocked and there is never anyone available for help. The lines are ALWAYS long and there is always only one (1) cashier available. Totally incompetent and extremely mismanaged. CVS should re-stock the store with all new employees, ... starting with the management!

I will be shopping at Duane Reade or Rite Aid from now on!!!

• Ts
    tsite25 Jul 31, 2009

Hello,

I am a shift supervisor for CVS and even though I do not work for the store this happened in I do apologise. There is a section on CVS.com under contact us for complaints. I suggest that you use that to send in this complaint as it will be required for the store manager to take action. All complaints that are sent via the web site are sent to the corporate office, the district manager and the store manager with in 48 hours. You can also request that the store manager contact you through this as well. Another suggestion I would give would be to ask for a supervisor or manager and speak directly to them same day. I know it is a huge pain in the butt to be followed around like that, even I have been followed and I work for the company.

• Da
    davyn0707 Aug 11, 2009

I work at a CVS and you have no idea how much we get stolen from us from all kinds of people. CVS encourages the employees to follow you a bit and ask you for help. If you weren't doing anything wrong then you shouldn't be so bothered or concerned that they were following you... Their behavoir does seem kind of ridiculous though...once I ask a customer if I can help them and if they are not carrying a huge bag, wearing sunglasses and a hat, or otherwise acting suspicious...then I leave them alone.

• Sc
    ScarletRed Jun 11, 2019

@davyn0707 Old post but, Davyn0707 I have your internet history for the past 8 yrs. Gonna turn it over to the Police. If you've got nothing to hid you should have no problem with it. Have a good life pervert.

Seriously2019 Sep 29, 2019

@davyn0707 Wait so what you’re telling me is if a person goes to cvs on the way to the beach for example with sunglasses on a Sunhat and a beach bag they can’t enjoy themselves shopping without getting stalked? Meanwhile cvs is a multi billion dollar company with cameras everywhere of which an employee can watch customers from instead
    Of stalking them so that they can actually enjoy their shopping experience instead
    Of getting stared at and invaded? Meanwhile the other day as I was getting followed around oddly enough two employees were bad mouthing another employee who was retiring! How ironic, so while they are “following cvs procedures to stalk customers that they are discriminating against based on what they look like” they are bad mouthing each other?! Pharmacists AND regular employees! You get gold stars!!

• Ra
    rabbit1977 Sep 27, 2009

I think this post contradicts itself. She starts by saying the employees always follow her AND her adult kids around... (kids being plural) that seems to me like there would be plenty of people working at the store. I mean if the other point in her post is true about there only being a cashier how can they leave the register and follow not one but several people most likely all going in different directions... I do not feel sorry for her. She has guilty conscious to begin with and of course causes this type of reaction from the employees when she is in the store... my suggestion to he would be contact your state senator and ask him to review the anti shoplifting and loitering laws so we can do more to deter shoplifters so that not everyone is a suspect... Theives come in all shapes sizes and colors there is no stereotype. This is an absurd post.

• He
    healer78 Sep 29, 2019

@rabbit1977 No it isn’t actually, they absolutely follow you around the store and if you read MY post they take PICTURES AS WELL OF YOUR VIN # With their personal cell phones as if they are the police lol! I am a disabled person and they think they have the right to illegally invade your private property and further exacerbate a disabled person’s condition without even knowing what the situation is.

Rebecca Cole Dec 28, 2009

My name is Rebecca Cole and I am and have been a customer of CVS Located in Walker LA (225) 665-4580) for years. I have spent many $$ and up till now have not had any complaints.until tonight.

I had two RX's there, one for my nasal spray (FLUTICASONE) with zero co-pay and one for 10 tamiflu
    for copay of $84.54. Someone named SARAH (I could not get her last name ) gave my neice, who had never picked this up before and therefore did not know what the pkg was like) the Tamiflu and on the reciept was NO COPAY- when I called to tell them SARAH was very rude and disrespectful. I was very nice, just told her I had gotten the wrong one, and for zero copay and needed the other. I had called prior and told whoever ans the phone to HOLD THE TAMIFLU AND GIVE MY NIECE THE NASAL SPRAY- she became very defensive, talking over me in a very rude tone, saying it was not her fault it was my neices fault. When I told her she needed to be more careful she became very defensive and rude. I just hung up.

My husband had to go take the tamiflu back (which a less honest person who needed it could have kept it) & picked up what I had asked for to begin with.
    When I called right back, she gave me to the pharmacist on duty-
    The pharmacist Mr Ronnie Brown told me he was subbing there and didn't know her name. I told him to ASK - when I asked her last name he said he didn't know, and not until I became upset did he even offer a lame apology- I told him if she apologized I would not go any further and he said "your Rx will be ready" and my hushand had to make another trip to exchange the RXs

I give your Co alot of business, and if I don't get an apology I will transfer all my and my husbands prescription to Walgreens right across the street.

Rebecca Cole
    12398 Florida Blvd #17
    Livingston, LA 70754

Rebecca Cole Dec 28, 2009

I have been a customer of CVS located in Walker, LA (225) 665-4580 for years and up until tonight have not had any problems with customer service.

I had two Rx's, one for nasal spray w/no copay and the other for Tamiflu with an $84.54 copay. I called and told the person on the phone that I would send my neice to pick up the nasal spray and I would pick up the tamiflu later. My neice cam home with the tamiflu and a reciept that had NO COPAY- I called to let them know about the error and the person who gave it to her became very defensive. When I told her was she needed to be more careful because a less honest person might have not brought the RX back. She became rude and talked over me saying it was my neices fault, she should have check, etc. My neice had never picked up from there for me prior so she didn't know that the pkg should look like and told the person at the window (name: Sarah, the pharmacist Mr Ronnie Brown told me he didn't know her last name because he was subbing there...I asked him to ASK. He didn't. My husband took it back and exchanged it for the one I had asked for in the beginning.

My husband and I fill many many Rx there and when I told Mr Brown all I wanted was an apology from HER, only then did he say he was sorry. It was not sincere. Unless I get an apology for her disrespectful and rude behaviour I will transfer all my business to the new Walgreens right across the street from CVS

I have the reciept as proof.

Rebecca Cole
    12398 Florida Blvd. #17
    Livingston, LA 70754

Rebecca Cole Dec 28, 2009

I submitted a complaint and did not know it would be viewed by anyone other then customer service - Take my private info OFF at once!

R Cole
    Livingston, LA

Roscoe Dec 28, 2009

if you are dumb enough to post your telephone number on here, then you deserve what will happen. Dumbass

Roscoe Dec 28, 2009

sorry, I now realize you didnt put your phone number, but you did put your address which is even worse. Maybe try to go to the CVS website and make a complaint. Did you actually think that someone from CVS would actually read your complaint here?

• Hu
    Humiliated Customer Mar 05, 2010

They are deliberately rude to paying customers. In Bedford Ma a clerk would not let us make 2 separate purchases for 2 Poland Spring waters each(limit 2 per customer). I told her that each of us could ring up 2 waters each and she remarked flippantly "Yeah, but do you have them in separate carts? She wanted us to go out in the rain, get another cart and put 2 waters in there. She made a fool of both of us in front of the waiting customers by this rude remark. I told her "What you are saying to me now is very rude, you don't speak to customers in this manner." The manager didn't care to aks what had happened when she took over, simply rang us up which is all wanted in the first place. I am tired of CVS who makes million of dollars from everyone to treat us like we're doing something wrong. They DO NOT CARE so get rid of the Care Cards.

Robin Graham Sep 07, 2010

advertisement still on door for milk $1.99 when you get to the register they tell you well the milk is really $2.99 with use of their card and you get a dollar coupon printed on the register. Then after it rings up and I get the receipt there is no Coupon so the register operator say oh that was last week. I wanted to call 911 but knew that would get me nowhere I am so tired of getting ripped off there is these kinds of bait and switch going on at all the stores I would like to have a number to call please let me know my e-mail is [email protected] my phone 405-625-1769 if you get my voice mail leave me a number to call next time. (I AM TIRED OF FALSE ADVERTISING).

• Wi
    wilbrob Sep 13, 2010

For years I have ordered rx's several days in advance and was given a time/date to pick them up.
    Due to poor service I would always do the follow up call to see if they were really ready and as always told yes they are filled come in.
    When I get to the counter they are never really ready and you get the please come back in 30 mins.
    So you wait the 30mins and get back in line and more times than not are told to come back again still not ready.
    This little game can go on for hours on end if not days. You will quickly find out that getting Rx's filled here will become your new part time job.
    They have also told me repeatedly about not getting auth from my doctor for refills.
    But what they dont know is that I have driven to the doctors office several occations out of frustration and witnessed them fax it over while I watch. Just to satisfy my mind and see if the doctor is really the problem or not. My doctors office even started keeping sheets confirming that the fax transmitted without error.
    I have been laughed at and walked away from while trying to explain things and by the pharmacy counter staff.
    After several years of struggle I have pulled my pharmacy business away from CVS and I have no regrets its nice to be with a pharmacy now that really cares about is customers.

Michael Vega Oct 24, 2010

CVS has shorted my class 2 & 3, they have also over dispensed, which I returned, thinking it was a set up.

pobarjenkins Oct 24, 2010

Maybe they filled the others two days later because they were out, but wanted to have the other ones ready for you as soon as possible.

I didn't even know they could legally fill a prescription for oxycodone that large. They must be low dosage.

Good luck.

ree4500 Oct 24, 2010

target pharmacy offers to recount before you leave their pharmacy, maybe you should ask your pharmacy to recount before you leave their store to make sure you have all your meds.

• Ve
    veronica62 Nov 23, 2010

I was told the prescription is ready on Monday but on Monday I got a phone call saying it won't be ready until Tuesday. When I got there on Tuesday they told me I have to wait for another day because they only have one tube but the prescription said two. I have a skin allergy and couldn't wait any more so I asked to get the one tube first. They are very reluctant to give me and deliberately made me wait for more than 30 minutes. I turned to one woman pharmacist and she pretended she didn't hear me and ignored me. Another one said she doesn't know how long I am going to wait! Finally they gave me the tube and I realized the tube has been there ready in the shelf for a long time! When I asked for further information the first woman deliberately ignored me again! This is the most horrible experience I have so far! This is a discrimination!

• Do
    Dotnik Nov 29, 2010

You are on way too much medication. I don't believe this is a valid complaint for a second, the staff probably grimaces every time you come in. 150 pills is already way too many for a 30 day supply, plus you're getting oxy and morphine? Give me a break.

Michael Vega Nov 30, 2010

Once again trouble with dispensing, as I've had many times. They do make serious drug mistakes. What did the pain Dr. write? The drug stores should have a room for us to count them with a video. so when it happened you have verification . I always count asap. As for people who don't suffer chronic pain, keep your negative opinions, up where they belong. I just don't under stand 150 oxycodones, "NOT OXYCOTIN"to clear up the drug lesson, my regimine is similar and I keep things locked-up an with me. Just keep them in their bottles. In Florida her I use CVS and they are always in a jumble that one of the kids that work there have opportunity to steal concidering the big drug problems we have with class 2 &3's.
    good luck!!!
    From FLORIDA

• Ob
    Observant Consumer Jan 11, 2011

From your written account, I can tell you are a bright person who is very analytical. You are probably correct in your assumption that between the time your prescription was filled and then dispensed, someone stole your meds. I am very unimpressed with one of the CVS stores near me. I watched them fill a prescription for me and the same pharmacist in training answered a phone and then filled my prescription by counting out pills with her bare hands. When I mentioned that I felt it was a sanitary thing to do, she said that is protocol. I then spoke with the pharmacist at hand who backed her up. I am saddened to think that we have people like this in the medical field.

Michael Vega Jan 12, 2011

Power to the People, IN PAIN! There are a lot of problems in many drug stores with abusers behind the counter, and have a million excuses for their incompetence's, as I see how many scripts waiting to be picked up sit there. I still think they ought to have a monitored counting room for the customer to check the count. As I have had overages and returned the extras, mistake or set up who knows! Medications of every kind have to be counted correctly, NO IF ANDS or BUTTS ;-)
    Best Wishes, but mostly-GOD BLESS
    Michael

• Mu
    Murmura Jan 23, 2011

Always insist on going to a pharmacy that will recount your oxycodone in front of you when you pick up. If a pharmacy refuses to do this, don't do business with them. You are probably right in thinking that a worker may have stolen them out of the bag after they were counted. I wouldn't be surprised. As far as filling 2 of the prescriptions before the others, the pharmacy manager wouldn't question this because they probably think this is being done for your convenience so that you would not have to wait if you needed to pick them up before the other 2 were ready to fill. (I am guessing that the other 2 were a couple of days too soon- or someone is intentionally splitting the fill dates up so they will have a reason to get into the bags to combine them- which is when they probably steal some pills)

• Je
    JESCO WHITE Feb 15, 2011

Walgreens is just as bad ! They think they are pain management MD'S and know better as to what dosages you should have . NOTE TO ALL PHARMACISTS JUST DO YOUR JOB AND FOLLOW DR'S ORDERS.

• Ne
    Newtonctr Feb 19, 2011

I went to CVS tonight looking for Multivitamins, I looked in the aisle that said vitamins and couldn't seem to find them. I went to the consulation window to ask the pharmacist because I was in a rush and didn't want to look for an hour. So she says they are in that aisle, one of the girls was nice enough to come out and show me. Then I hear the actual pharmacist say, "what do they think we are going to have signs for everything (Laugh Laugh)". Way to be a rude ###, I thought that was what the consultation window was for.
    Then I get to the checkout and the kid who was working the register said my signature wasn't acceptable, then flipped the screen of the register to show me...and everyone behind me how unacceptable my signature was. He said, in a cop tone, I'm gonna need to see your credit card again, when I asked why, it wasn't accceptable.

Suggestions-
    Let your pharmacist know there is a consulation window for a reason, and to not be a rude ### to customers. Also, just do yourselves a favor and get rid of the kd working the front cash register...it was just painful.

I was there on Friday Feb 18 and 7:50

• Newbedford, Ma Kempton St. CVS is also way under staffed and rude. I think they take way to many customers and can never serve them on time or never have the medication that you need. I waited almost 2 1/2 hours for a 1 hr wait and hear them tell a few sick customers that they didn't have their script ready one girl had to come back the next day she was to sick to wait any more they were faxed the script from the hospital. Time to change your pharmacy.

John C8 Mar 07, 2011

Oye! This is a mess, personally in my 4 years of working in pharmacy I've never seen 150 Oxycodone prescribed within a 30 day period. Mind you I am at a store that does over 4, 000 scripts a week so I see a lot of medication. I know at my store it's mandatory that we double count C2's, and circle the correct amount as a safety guard but every store is different. Not to mention your story makes no sense...

"I dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the prescription paperwork says that 2 of the prescriptions (oxycodone and morphine) were filled a couple of hours later on 10/22"
    yet you say...
    "Obviously the oxycodone and morphine were filled and were put somewhere, probably in a bag on 10/20 evening"
    So you dropped off 4 prescriptions on 10/22 but the pharmacy filled them two days earlier? Yeah no...

Not to also mention that you're taking 5 oxycodones a day on top of everything else? I don't see people dieing of cancer get THAT many painkillers.

Last but not least, you said you only received 60, that's impossible. If you said 50 that would be believable and they could have shorted you two bottles...Or if you said 75 then a bottle. If you are saying it was one big bottle of 150 there is no way in hell anyone could have went into your bottle without someone taking a huge notice because they would have had to hand count 90 tablets. It's obvious you are lying. Saying everyone should lose their job, el oh el? We deal with people like you crying wolf all the damn time and it's frustrating because we are trying to help people who actually need it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JESCO WHITE

You ###ic idiot it's the pharmacist job to make sure the doctor is right. Countless times I've seen doctors call for a far higher dose than required. Down to the children who are prescribed a high amount of Tylenol for their fever and the doctor guessed the correct dose without using the proper formula to calculate it using the child weight. Pharmacist are doctors of medicine, they know far more than your doctor does when it comes to medication/drug interactions (which doctors do on a daily basis prescribe something that will interact in a bad way with another medication the patient is on)/ and your drug allergies. People like you really need to get a clue, you act like a child. The pharmacist is trying to prevent you from putting your hand on the stove but you just don't want to listen.

Seriously2019 Sep 29, 2019

@John C8 No you’re not drs of medicine you’re a pharmacist. A dr is a dr. A pharmacist is a pharmacist and a tech is a tech. That’s why we go to a Dr. and not you to diagnose our illnesses and PRESCRIBE the medication, which YOU CANNOT DO. That’s the problem it’s not your job to cock block what our Dr has prescribed to us, for us. You don’t know us, you don’t know what’s wrong with us, how long we’ve lived somewhere or why, if we have PTSD, trauma, etc CANCER and it’s not your business. You haven’t spent hours talking with us and we didn’t choose you as our healthcare provider. You applied to work at cvs to dispense medication and check paperwork. Just because YOU don’t agree with it that’s YOUR problem, keep it to yourself, we all have opinions, good for you. It has no place at work. If there’s a mistake, by all means, great you catch it and fix it, understood, but that’s it. You ASK a patient if they need/WANT to be counseled. ITS A CHOICE. that condescending comment you just made is exactly why you aren’t a dr and shouldn’t be one, making patients feel like idiots. Says it all. You speak for yourself. Clearly the only idiot is you. Btw, speaking as someone who has cancer I can assure you yes, we do get pain medication in amounts as large as that so I don’t know what sugar life you have going on over there but I hope to god you never have to go through cancer and experience the excruciating pain and torture it brings. God bless 😉

• Wa
    waitwhat Apr 27, 2011

HAHA call 911 over a dollar what a douche

JackiEarp Jun 06, 2011

Just to give an example of what I go thru, I'll start with the most recent episode. I just had surgery, so last night my mother helped me out and put in a prescription for my grandson. It said it needed dr's approval. So she asked if there as a new on on hold... they said no. So I called and told them to look again... there was. But, there were not pills available for an entire fill, I would have to wait two days. I asked why more weren't reordered by the clerk that used the last of them. They didn't know. So I told them I would pick up the other one this morning. It wasn't filled. So I had to demand that it be filled, I wasn't coming back in an hour. So they asked if I would ride around the building. I did. I've road around that building 30 - 35 times in the past two years. Every month I sweat when I have to go there. Nothing is ever done correct... it takes 4-5 phone calls and a demand when I get there. Horrible experiences!

• IrishChick Jun 06, 2011

Try Rite Aid.

• Co
    cobaltbays Jun 26, 2011

I was in a long checkout line with many people behind me. When it was my turn to pay I submitted a $20 bill to the cashier/clerk. She held it up in the light and examined it for a full minute. Then she told me in a loud voice, "This bill is counterfeit." I was very embarrased as people behind me suddenly viewed me as a criminal. She called the assistant manager and he deemed the bill valid after examining it. I told the clerk she better be damned sure she is right next time she accuses someone. She simply started talking to the next person and ignored me. Obviously the store has poor management.

• St
    Storkn Jul 17, 2011

I turned in photo cartridges to be processes and put onto a CD. When I received my product I found there was only about 20 photographs and I accepted this because the cartridges were old. What shocked me was the price: $35!. This was for 20 photographs and 3 CDs. Each CD cost $6. At the most the megabytes of the photos was only 60 mb. Why didn't they put all the photos on one CD? I was charged $18 for the CDs and $17 for the processing. This is a an unbelievable charge for only 20 photographs. I will never go to this CVS store again and will take my business to the Walgreens down the street.

• Al
    allan006900 Jul 19, 2011

To whom it may concern I cant believe that you hire people that dont know how to count...My wife gets a prescription for oxycodone and she is supposed to get 120 every 30 days and she needs them all.Well the Honesdale store shorted her 10 and they told her that thier count was right.I can only determine that you have a bunch of thieves that work for you.From looking at all the complaints you have it just goes to show you guys that there is a great problem with your pharmacists.Somebody is stealing the medication and and the consumer(customer) (paitent) is the loser in this sorry situation.I suggest that you find more repitable people to work for you...Take note I will make sure that she counts them in front of the pharmacist from now on...Sorry but I cant say thank you at this time...Allan Schmidt

• Sh
    Sharon2100 Jul 22, 2011

Pharmacists most unprofessional. Specifically, night shift pharmacy personnel.

• Co
    colleen harris Aug 16, 2011

I have 3 insurances. Medicare that does not pay for medications. B/c / b/s / federal plan, and tri care for life. I never have to pay copay. On or about 5/23/2011 i picked up 2 meds at cvs. I was advised my copay was $46.64. I was stunded. 37.64 was for a med i had been taking since 2005 or 2006. No copay ever. The other med was $9.00. Another medication i had been taking for a few years and no copay for this one either. I questioned this copay. Tri care was called while i was there. They stated they were having problems and it would be fixed. I was told b/c b/s paid nothing. This way out of character for b/c b/s. I called b/c b/s. They stated they paid what they were suppose to pay. I called tri care. Thay stated it was coeded wrong. Go back to the pharmacy and ask them to recode. I was informed by cvs they do not do coding. Back to b/c b/s and they said they paid what they were to pay. She pulled up my med record and asked if i would like to have a copy. I said yes. Back to tri care to tell them cvs does not do in codes. Back to tri care. They stated you must of gone over your caostophic cap. Tri care for life does not have a catostrophic cap. Back to b/c b/s shield. They repeated what they had told me before. They said they did not know what to tell me and they did not know what tri care does. Back to tricare. "we have been having problems and it would be taken care of. I gave up. Let it go and would wait to see what the next refill on these meds were going to be.In the mean time on 8/5/2011 i had a script for cipro. When i picked it up, it was $1.78. Told them i could not wrap my head around all this. I was informed it went to both insurances. Two days later i recieved a call from cvs to come and pick up $1.78. This i did. I saw where the first time only 1 insurance was billed. The revised recipt showed where it went to both insurances. Five days later i called to pick up meds. One was the same one i was charged $37.64 in may that they said they filed both insurances. So in may i paid $4764 for 2 medications that both insurances said they paid their part. So the insurances paid $47.64 and i paid $47.64. Why? I refused to pay the 37.64 they were asking for the one medication i have never payed copay for in all these years until may 2011 why? I not called b/c b/s or tri care yet. I need someone to take over for me. I have kept my cool so far, but it is on thin ice. Where did it break down and why did it break down. Tri care's answeres were never consistant. B/c b/s had the same asnswer each time i talked to them after the may incident. Thanks for any help you can give me. Colleen harris
    1393 s. Desert meadows cir.
    Green valley, az. 85614
    Ph# 520-398-5595

• Hm
    HMR123 Aug 19, 2011

Hear this type of complaint way too often.. usually it's an abuser trying to get more medication. people, we've heard all the stories.. you can't come up with one that we haven't heard. "I dropped my pills in a sink of water" "I dropped my pills in the toilet" "my boyfriend/girlfriend threw my pills out" "i lost my pills" and the famous one that they were shorted and blame the pharmacy.. and, to "dontuseCVS" when YOU picked up the prescription, YOU didn't notice that the bottle didn't feel right. the pharmacy was right in this case. there is a big difference between the way 60 tablets and 150 tablets feel in a bottle and the size of the bottle. these drugs are monitored by the states and every pill/capsule has to be accounted for.. so quit blaming the pharmacy employees and scam the system

• Ra
    rainbow Oct 05, 2011

Because of our health plan, we must use CVS Pharmacy for our prescriptions. The only one in our area is about 5 miles away, requiring a special trip, at least 20 minutes of time, and gas usage. The night before Thanksgiving, I was on my way to finish shopping about 4 p.m. and dropped off two prescriptions which had been previously filled by CVS' Caremark mail order service. The girl said they were very busy and it would be 45 minutes. I wasn't happy, but I said okay, as I had shopping to do. At 55 minutes, I returned to the CVS drive-through, only to be told that they were really busy because of the holiday and hadn't even begun to look at it. Could I come back later? NO, it's too much of a hassle and I have things to do for the holiday. After another 5 minutes, the pharmacist sa9d he'd have to call this other branch of their company about transferring the script. I asked how long. He wanted my cell phone number. I said that I didn't have time for this and would come back on another day. IF THEY WERE THIS BUSY, THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED IN MORE PEOPLE TO WORK. I have worked in various forms of retail, and was trained that you do whatever needs to be done for the customer to be satisfied. I have had to use this pharmacy for a number of months, leaving the small place I have gone to my entire life. If a walk-in customer has to wait more than 10 minutes or a drive-in customer for more that 45 minutes to get a script filled, that store is either woefully understaffed or badly managed. Either way, if you know a holiday or other major event is coming, prepare appropriately! I would not deal here if I didn't have to.

• Be
    BeenThereBefore Oct 09, 2011

Well I would only suggest in finding a insurance that deals with mail orders.

• Wi
    Willie J. Curry Jan 23, 2012

On my credit report it shows that I have two return checks of $286.00 and $276.00, and me or my wife don't remember writing or have any written information on any checks to CVS.

Willie J. Curry
    196 SW Orange, Ave.
    Madison, Fl. 32340
    Home Phone 850/973-4825
    Cell 850/2280491
    850/2280481

• St
    steveisblessed Apr 23, 2012

Who can I complain to when this happens? Mine is slightly different. I went to cvs with my regular 60 pill script for oxycodin. the girl told me that they didn't have any in stock, come back tuesday.
    Tuesday my wife went to fill them for me as she has in the past and they told her that they were not carrying them anymore due to the federal regulations being too strict. So I went myself again. This time the girl told me that I had filled my script on the 3rd of the month. Impossible, because it was in my hand! I also had the script from the previous month which I had not filled because I take them as needed for pain and I have had a pretty good month painwise, She then told me she could only fill them on the thirtieth day after the previous refill, not a day more or less. All lies! Who do I go to with this? I still have the unfilled scripts. And I still have some pills leftover from the last script. My doctor says he cannot help me except to change the medication. To add insult to injury, the alarm at the door went off when I left, taking my picture like a common shoplifter. Was this deliberate?

• Ga
    gadgetgal Apr 29, 2012

It matters not that they video counted twice if the pills are hanging out in a bag for anyone else to get into. Do they have a video on the pills @ all times? One solution would be for the pharmacists only to have a lock & key cabinet where they keep filled class 2's 3's after they've been "video" filled.

Just because we are on pain medication, does not mean we're all drug addicts trying to get more pills!!! I take my pills strictly as per
    instruction on the bottle, no more, no less! Lets face it people these mistakes "DO" happen and some people are innocent!! You cannot make the assumption that just because we are on pain medication we are all bad people or addicts that are just trying to get more. Yes I know some are, but, please, not all of us.
    I have the issue of you cannot get your pain meds just 1 day early, yet they've filled & indeed given the last several months 1 day early. Some people in the pharmacy will give them one day early & others will not. My question is...what happens when i have an out of town trip & I need my meds because I won't be in town?

Who do you report it to when a pharmacy fills your script with your medication, but, you discover 1 pill is something entirely different? I had metoprolol filled a month ago, with about 5 or so pills left I dumped some out into my hand to take one, put the rest back only to see a flash of oblong pale orange instead of the round dark pink. I looked up the pill which comes up as some kind of thyroid medicine. I have no thyroid problem, this could have been a very serious issue had I swallowed it & i'm now 1 pill short on my metoprolol. I want to know who to report this kind of thing to because I feel if I tell the pharmacy they'll say oops sorry and be done with it & I feel they need to be held accountable for it, not that one pill is that big of a deal, but it could have been and what if it's happened many more times with this pharmacy and i just don't know it...So who do we report this miscount/wrong pill to? I will also report it to Target as well.

• Ny
    nyfla Jun 10, 2012

cvs has given me a weeks worth of blood pressure pills because I am disabled and could not even afford the 7 dollar copay until the following week. my refill however wasnt a controlled substance or a day early (actually a day late). I am grateful because I would have had severe withdrawal from it like flush skin, muscle pain, tachycardia and severe rebound hypertension (possibly even stroke). The first time a didnt fill it until I was out for 2 days (at the time i didnt know cvs would help), i ended up in cardiac icu and was there a week, So I know alot of pharmacists will help as much as possible if its absolutely life or death, not just an uncomfortable opiate wd for a day.

salamander 1012 Jun 25, 2012

I guess if you are on pain meds you are a drug addict and if you work in a pharmacy you make no mistakes. well that's ### and shame on you john c8 who the hell are you because you work in a pharmacy and haven't seen anyone pick up 150 pills it cant be right and she isn't tell the truth well let me tell you something you don't know everything and because YOU haven't saw this before doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And as far as helping people i would hate to ask you for help ### happens and in your pharmacy you have to double count well this isn't your pharmacy. You have no idea what this women is being treated for you are not her doctor if he he thinks she needs 150 pills than maybe she does. you are a ### and you may see people crying wolf as you call it but stuff like this does happen and why could her pills not have been taken by someone who works there they work around pills everyday maybe they are the lying junkies that you are making this women out to be. i go into my pharmacy at home and see one one person working the front and one in the back it you be really easy for one of them to open the bottle and take some out. and for the feel of the bottle it sounds like when she picked up her meds she had four so they give them to her in one bag that is a lot of meds and it may not have felt any different because of the others being in there also. you need to get your head out of you ### you are the reason people who are on pain meds feel like they are doing something wrong or feel as if everyone will think they are lying . You could be the one at your pharmacy who opens the bag and steals them than gets on here and makes the person who really needs them out to be a lire. Think about it before you write because no one really needs to hear what you have seen, what your pharmacy does. Plus maybe they do all need fired most all of you that work in that field are ###s anyway not saying all are but you seem to fit in with the ###s. I hope that you keep pushing and someone is made to take the blame besides you. it is to bad that you are labeled with the drug addicts because you are on pain meds. and from now on i would pulled out and count them right there you ant trust anyone when it comes to pills.

• Lm
    L Medway Oct 20, 2012

I know how you feel to be shorted pills. And yes the pharmacy can either make a mistake or have employees that steal. My husband has been given 30 pills over in the past and tried to bring them back and was told that they could not take them. That does kind of make sense since they didn't show a shortage in the store if they took them they would have inventory not on the books and anyone could just take them. But I was shorted just this week. 100 pills, yes 100. And how could I not tell, well the pills are given to you in a white bag and I had two prescriptions together stapled. I picked them up just like I do at least 3 to 4 times a month since my husband has multiple health problems and takes a lot to meds. When I got home and opened the bags both scripts were in a bigger bottle than normal and my script for 120 only had 20 in the bottle. I called the pharmacy and they said that they would do a could but I got right back in the car and went there. They told me that there could was correct. There was not a pharmacy manager or store manager there. She told me that they would look at tapes the next day. When I called in the morning the pharmacy manager told me what I already knew, that the could was correct. I asked him if he looked at the store tapes and he told me that they followed policy which is to have a double count and to initial it. OK, big deal. Number 1 pharmacists are not saints. They can either make mistakes or also steal. And they were not the only people to handle the pills. They sit in the bin until I pick them up. To take that much they either were in some kind of huge trouble or made a mistake and meant to only steal 20 but put the wrong bottle in my bag and kept out the bottle of 100 for themselves for themselves. My doctor who knows that I am not a thief gave me a new script so I don't have any reason to pursue this. I am doing it because someone at Walgreens stole 100 pills and I do not want them getting out into the school system that my daughter and her friends just graduated from. I also went to the police station and filed a report. I have a phone number for the DEA and sent an email to Walgreens Corp. office. The 100 pills should be returned into Walgreens inventory and credited to my health ins. Why are also being ripped off by having two claims. The manager at Walgreens also had the nerve to say that they can note my record to always count by pills in front of me. He must be high; would I ever walk out of any pharmacy again without counting my pills. I told him that I would have to be an idiot if I did. Of course that is because he doesn't believe me and is too stupid to believe that his employees steal from him. He is going to learn a hard lesson in the future. By the way, when I told CVS that I needed to could my new script the pharmacist was very insulted and said that it was double counted and initialed. I don't care they will all hate me when I pick up by pills but I will never be the victim again. Because if you walk out without checking you are out of luck and the pharmacy counts on that.

• Rh
    RHEDD Dec 03, 2012

CVS...SHAME ON YOU!! I I just recently had foot surgery Sept 12th and have been on and off Hydrocodone-Acetaminophin 10-500. I noticed in Oct that the CVS on Maryland (las vegas) had shorted me 2 pills...I thought "ok, that's fine." I figured that maybe they had dropped the 2 pills, not that big of deal. Well, today I went to the CVS on Las vegas BLVD to refill my script and once I got home counted my pills..I only had 84! The Quantity was suppose to be 90. I called the pharmacy as soon as i realized how short my meds were and I was told "we double count them" I then asked if they were going to give me the 6 pills that I had Paid for and MARK told me "it's a controlled substance and there's nothing I can do!" MARK made me feel like I was in the wrong...like I didn't know how to count...I told him my mother & my boyfriend double checked my count and it was 84..I again asked what MARK would do for me...and he told me the count was 90 and I was wrong! CVS you need to background check and drug check all of your pharmacy employees! How is that out of the 2 medications I picked up that only that narcotic's were short?? hmmmm I'm sure a 6yr old can count better than those employees! I did call the police department & they told me I can go to a substation tomorrow and file a report for theft.. Not only that I called the News and informed them on what happened! IF YOU HAVE BEEN SHORTED MEDICATION AT ANY CVS HERE IN LAS VEGAS PLEASE CONTACT CH 13 NEWS! FROM NOW ON MAKE SURE TO COUNT YOUR MEDS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE COUNTER!!

• Ju
    julie34 Dec 18, 2012

Why is there no complaints on any meds being shorted or not refilled on time that are NON narcotics ?

• Vi
    vincent_d Jun 19, 2013

I was shorted by stop & shop pharmacy on my 90 day supply metroplol I only got 30 but dint realized it till two weeks later when the amount looked kinda low now I have to get new prescription and pay out of packet $120. When I asked the pharmacy about it they told me that their inventory is correct and probably I took the medication, that would be 75 tablets in 15 days, 5 tablet a day I'm only taking one a day and that's when i remember to take it that day. Well I just hope some one else dint get them in their prescription and now is gobbling them up like Tic-Tacs

• We
    wecounttoo Jun 29, 2013

Im not on pain pills. I take a medicine to help me get off them. Not only did CVD short me, but I too called them and they said they are double counted and thei inventoey waa fine. I called corporate and I got my meds. CVS now counts them in front of me and guess whay? I was shorted 10 pills on five different occassions and the head pjarmaciat now knows that Im not crazy. They dont know how to xount!

• Sl
    slynn1 Jun 29, 2013

I was never shortened on my prescriptions, they just took their sweet ### time filling them, especially pain medication. I had a surgery, and the doctor gave me pain medication. I put them into CVS two days before, right after my appointment. I had to go back 3 times and complain to a manager, before they finally filled it. I was ticked off!

• Cr
    criminallyinpain Jul 08, 2013

This is a common thing w/ CVS they have done this to me and other family members and not only on narcotics! Here are just a few of the things they have done: I dropped off my scrip for my blood pressure med. & lasix while I went to the store. 2 hrs. later when I went to pick them up, I was told that they did not have anything for me nor could they even find my scrips! I had been on these 2 meds for 4yrs & they filled them every month, so they knew me. They tried to call the doc; but he had left already & would not be back in office for a week(holiday) I asked them if they could just give me enough to make it until he got back or they find my scrip; but not only did she say no, she also got very snotty as she said that they could not just give out pills to every person that wonders in w/ a hard luck story! So I would just have to wait or go find a different doc to write a new one. Yeah that's really easy during the holidays! By the time the doc came back, I was in bad shape so he sent me to the er where they found that I had a mini stroke as my bp was 246/132 and the fluid caused congestive heart failure! It took me over a month to recover. I also have a very bad, degenerative condition of my cns & ra, so I have to take alot of meds. Less than a year ago, when I picked up my monthly meds, 2 of them were short. One was only missing 2 pills; but my pain med was short by 28. I did not find out they were short until 1 week later when I was putting all my meds in my pill sorter box as I had been sick. Anyway, I called them about it and was treated terrible!! I understand when it comes to these type meds that they get lied to all the time and have heard it all; but if it comes from a longtime( 10+yrs.) & reg. customer that has never gotten early fills or any other flag, then sometimes these common "lies" are true! He did finally agree to count their stock and said he would call me back that night; but of course he did not. So I had to wait until the next night to call him. I was fully expecting them to tell me that their stock was not short and I would just have to deal w/ it; but was greatly surprised when he admitted that they did indeed short me 28!! While I was so glad that he was honest, he did not apologize for the way I was treated when I reported the mistake. There are many terrible things that I have had to put up with just because I take pain meds and I am so tired of being lied to, humiliated, belittled, judged, and all around abused just because I was unlucky enough to be born with such a horribly painful condition that has no cure! I don't want any sympathy from anyone; but it would be nice to see a little compassion and empathy as I did not CHOOSE this life!

Poppy13 Jul 29, 2013

I work for in the pharmacy it's funny it's always the same people that complain about their meds is shorted. Like this one patient he gets narc's at our store all the time and he complained that we shorter him. He use to fill at a other pharmacy but transfer all his meds to ours cause he said the other pharmacy never gave him his narc meds. I highly doubt that the pharmacist would count it wrong. It's either you're lying or someone in your family is stealing your meds to get high.

Poppy13 Jul 29, 2013

Also you know per day we get sooo many Rx and when you go and want it right away it's like what do you think we are humans we all make mistakes even a machine mess up sometimes. It's your responsibility to check to make sure you got the right meds and quantity.

Jody4343 Nov 10, 2013

Im really sorry that this happened to u.im sorry to say that u should have counted the painpills before u left the pharmacy exp know day's with all the theft that is happening withpain pills there was a pharmacy were I live oe of the pharmacy employees. Was taking pills out of customers pill bottles one customer counted them after they left the store she called and reported it and the store did the same thing to them that was done to u so she called the police and the head people that run pain pills they started watching them and it happened again this time they had it on viedo and the hole pharmacy went out of business yea the top dogs shut them down.u haft to do it the right way

Jody4343 Nov 10, 2013

I thought pharmacy had a pill counter

• Bl
    blame the parents here Dec 09, 2013

If they suspect the bill is counterfeit they are not supposed to say it. You can sue for this experience.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Dec 09, 2013

Writing a review without detail is unprofessional.

• Ba
    Bama Joe Dec 19, 2013

My mother was shorted 29 of 120 lortab 7.5-500. I usually drive her to town and she picks up her script from a CVS pharmacy that she has gone to for over 20 years. She has been on the lortab due to multiple back surgeries over the past 12 years. There have been 4 or 5 occasions over the past 2 years or so where she has been shorted anywhere from 5 to 12 or so and after the third time she mentioned it to the pharmacist and they corrected it immediately. However tonight I ran to town for her and picked them up for her. Later tonight she asked me to count them for her when she noticed the amount in the bottle looked low. Only 91!!! which is 29 short!!! Needless to say, a trip will be made to the CVS tomorrow to make a complaint. It doesn't take an addict pharmacist or pharmacy tech to steal these controlled medications...I would think skimming scripts would be a great way for them to supplement their income in a struggling southern small (tiny) town. From this point on we will not leave the counter without a mutual recount... this has to stop!!! The video should be easy to check since only about two hours past from the time it was filled and picked up.

Sandra Pecorino Dec 23, 2013

I went into cvs on charleston & decatur to fill my pain medication and was told that they would not fill it for me because
    it wasn't on script paper. The pharmasist would not even come from behind the counter to tell me he told the tech
    and she told me. When i questioned what he was talking about he admitted to me it was a new rule that all
    controlled substances had to be written on script paper . I get my same precription filled there every month so i
    asked if this was a new rule why wasn't I told last month when I came in to fill the exact same prescription, his
    answer was the rule really isn't in infect yet but cvs is kind of jumping the guidlelines and continued to refuse to
    fill it. In my opinion he is just a ### and I told him I was going in for out patient surgary the next day and
    needed my medication filled and if this is some kind of new rule I'm sure my Doctor would have complied with
    it if he knew. I then walked out very angry and upset like i was singled out because I was taking a controled
    substance that this ### had a problem with. The next day I called cvs and got the district managers name
    Matt no one seemed to know his .last name but I got his phone number and called him first I got he was in a
    meeting the first two times I called then after I told the women who answered the phone to give him this message
    and I told her all that I had gone through at that cvs he finally called me back. Unfortunatly he turned out to be dick
    head number two. I then brought the prescription to walgreens and had no problem and transferred the rest of
    my precriptions out of cvs. But I'm still not satisfied and tomorrrow I'm going to call the Nevada STATE bOARD OF
    pHARMACY 702 486-7380 OR 775-850-1440 and see what they have to say about this treatment that I received.

• Ta
    tar322 Dec 24, 2013

On Dec 20 2013 in Rockville, MD the shorting experience was realized. I spoke with both pharmacy managers and the both said - guess - they checked their inventory. It seems this is getting to be an old story. Spoke with Stacey and than she referred me to Mark. I hopeful that Mark is not giving me the run around but I must be realistic, after reading most of the comments. As I told Mark with video cameras, protocols, etc being followed this should be a no brainer. One of the scripts they agreed was short but the oxycodone they know is right. We obviously disagree. This has nothing to do with being addicted or not. CVS is a business I've been using for more than 3 years and this hasn't been a problem. The problem is that with these controlled substances they have so many measures to ensure these situations don't happen. So it seems they can go back through their inventory and video and verify what happened - if one is wrong than that doesn't make for a good track record.

• Ge
    genw Feb 20, 2014

I TRULY beleive that it is a mix of some addicts making up bullsh*t AND some pharmacists stealing pills. I have seen in the news stories about pharmacists getting arrested for stealing thousands of pills. Google it. It is not black and white here people, there are grey areas. People need to see the grey for there to be progress!...Like the never ending, not-goin-anywhere war between the Republicans and the Democrats (although I think Republicans are most to blame). And as a pain patient myself, I do see "junkies" in my pharmacy I go to every once in a while, obviously not in pain and often having weird/wacko excuses trying to score more pills. From my observations the pharmacist seems generally right, but there is also alot of injustice done on the pharmacy's part. It is kinda sad to see some humans act like this and treat other humans in such ways. I hope there is progress for the better. Trust me when I say Iv had a very difficult time myself as a pain patient...getting my medication sometimes (or often times!). There are alot of obstacles. But remember it is not entirely just the patients' faults nor is it just the faults of the pharmacists. Wrong is done and mistakes made on both sides. Let us just pray to God or our Higher Power or whatever we beleive in..that justice be done. I would always want fairness in the world I live in and so I ask God and put my trust in Him to take care of it ; )

• Mo
    Moon pie 76 Apr 08, 2014

They did rip me off this month it was Suboxone rip me off 45 pills so it can happen for real
    Can

• Li
    Linus&Lucy May 06, 2014

I know how you feel! I am on Oxycodone 5/500. I receive a script from my Dr. every 15 days for 60 tablets. On the last visit to CVS, I came home and noticed my prescription "felt wrong" I counted the pills and I was thirty pills short! I went to the pharmacy the next morning and the pharmacist did say he noticed an overstock of pills. He said I was short 10 pills. I told him that, in fact, I was short those 10 plus 20 more! The same story: I called their corporate office and they launched an "investigation". I was contacted by a regional rep who said ("suprise, suprise") that the video shows the count was correct, except for the 10 pills left over. First of all, if these pills are double-counted, why was I short the ten pills in the first place? I truly suspect that something sinister is happening here. I tore up my house to search for these "missing" pills. My wife is the ONLY other person who could have taken them and she is allergic to narcotics. I've been with her for over 30 years, and there is NO WAY should would have taken them and sold them. I am still very upset by this because I truly believe I was cheated. i take these for severe chronic back pain and have done so since 2006. I wish there was some other recourse here, but from this point on I will not by so much as a pack of gum from a CVS pharmacy. I switched to a local pharmacy that knows its customers. I will NEVER set foot in a CVS again! Oh, by the way-it's not just narcotics-they've short-changed me on Omeprazole and other drugs as well. I should have switched years ago!

• Jb
    JBDB Aug 15, 2014

I was shorted 20 oxycodone two months ago. CVS in Middletown CT (Main St. Store) and so after one month of going to Walgreens (against my pain management contract that I signed to use the same pharmacy only) I went to a different CVS and asked to count them before leaving. The pharmacist seemed put off by the request but complied. She said we "triple count" narcotics and I said "Yeah, someone triple counted them into their pocket two months ago and she told me I should have called and had them count the stock. I had googled and read that I was SOL if I already left the store so I didn't do it. From now on, they count them in front of me. I am suffering and they don't give two ###. It is really sad. I would have them walk one mile in my shoes. I have NEVER complained when I was short 3-6 but 20? No way!

• Ag
    Agrove Sep 27, 2014

I personally take adderall XR 30mg, and I've been noticing I've been running out early. I've always assumed it was just my appointments being spaced out more than 30 days or me taking an extra by accident, me miscounting, ect., but this time around when taking my med like I normally do, I noticed that my bottle looked a little less than it should be (I have only had the bottle for 8 days) so I counted how many I had left and compared it to how many should be there still, and I am 10 PILLS SHORT! This now explains why it seems I've been out so early the last few times. I know at this point there isn't much I can do since I've had the bottle for over a week now AND it's a controlled substance so they would more than likely assume they were stolen or I'm abusing them. I feel in this case I'm the loser because I can't prove that it was something on their behalf. How do you "accidentally" place 20 pills in a 30 pill bottle? I can understand miscounting perhaps 1, 2 but 10 is quite obviously something more than that. Especially with controlled substances, aren't they to be counted twice? In addition, I've noticed the quantity is always circled but NEVER initialed. Isn't this required with controlled substances? I assume there is nothing I can do this time around, but perhaps next I should ask to have a recount in front of me. Do I need to speak to the pharmacist for this?

• Sm
    Smcorc99 Nov 17, 2014

There are no complaints on non narcotics 1. Because the employees have no reason to fear stealing those out of inventory because the laws on them aren't strict at all. 2. If you do complain about being shorted pills that are not scheduled they have no problem replacing them. Wtf is wrong with the people on here that act all holier than thou!

• Leann cook I have called 10x never does she call back or answer her phone .Talk about getting paid for nothing. Leann cooks She an HR manger I have the right number cause the message has her name. 1 (630) 422-4224 Get to work

• I have try my self to call her your right

• Me to

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Feb 11, 2015

If you are going to pretend that other people are having the same problem at least create separate accounts with different usernames. Seriously you sound like you are two years old. Just because she did not call you does not mean she is doing nothing. Perhaps she wanted to talk to mommy or daddy?

Cami Misener Sep 23, 2015

Yesterday I went to Walmart after my Dr's app to fill 5 medications. 2 of them narcotics, one wasn't available for a week. Was told wold take aprox 25 min. Needless to say, it took another 45 min. I got my meds & left...normally I make them recount meds in front of me, due to having shortages before & hearing how it's not there fault, they double count, checked the video, it had to be that one of my children stole them from me. So I didn't have them counted due to it being late, & pharmacist on duty is a biotch & gets po'ed when I ask for them to be counted. So tonight I get a call from nice pharmacist, saying that they had given me "100" to many methadone! !!! (Oh and for id iot pharmacy tech that said never seen oxycodone script of 150 is full of crap!I get 180 methadone & 180 ox|y's every month!) I'm flipping out, so I counted them & yes they gave me to many, but no where near 100! So now I'm worried, do I call corporate, a lawyer, am I going to be held responsible for that many methadones? I honestly don't know where to go with this. I do need my pain meds, I have many medical problems, & I'm in pain daily. Please suggestions are welcome!

Roany Oct 15, 2015

I was shorted 30 lorazepam with my last refill. Nobody has access to my pills but me. I have never counted pills before, so a few days ago I noticed the number of pills looked low for this time of month. So I counted them. I now have to cut my daily dose in half in order to make it to the refill date. I went and asked the pharmacy about it. She got real rude and started quoting her credentials and years of being an expert. They did a quick count with one bottle and said there was no shortage on their data base. I kept my cool and was nice to her which was hard and I told her I have always refilled my scripts on exactly the 30 day mark and never asked for an early refill. She said I would have to have my doctor call in. But my doctor had an emergency health problem and is out for who knows how long and their staff can't do anything about scripts he personally prescribed. So now I am stuck between a rock and hard place. Guess I will be counting pills at the counter before I leave from now on.

• Dr
    Drummergirl333 Feb 22, 2016

This has happened to me in the past too but lately it's gotten better. I no longer have any shortages so policy changes must've been implemented to stop this kind of nonsense.

• He
    henryfk Mar 09, 2016

CVS refuses to refill a prescription until it runs out.

• Md
    MD5501 Apr 29, 2016

Contact the pharmacy board.

Rebekah Gillette Apr 29, 2016

ADDICTS WORK IN PHARMACIES. Chronic pain patients are not addicts, 'they are never truly free of severe tormenting pain, they do not "get high" on the meds. They need these meds for everyday function that YOU have no idea what torture it is. Hopefully you will soon be in the position of needing meds for chronic pain and will be the target of the crap that people have written here. The fact that pills are shorted on prescriptions is not new, pharm techs or pharmacists take them. I had the same experience where the pharmacy insisted their count was correct and the script I received was correct. I told them that their count was correct because SOMEONE POCKETED a few BEFORE I picked up the script. The REAL problem is that addicts are being hired and are working in pharmaceuticals where they are able to siphon off of patients' scripts. These pills have enormous street value and people working at a pharmacy know it. Pharm techs/ Pharmacists need to be caught and held accountable for thievery. Video the counting, the storage, and video the sale of all scripts for pain control. If you must count the script at the counter before leaving the store, DO IT. CHOOSE YOUR PHARMACY CAREFULLY, AND PICK UP YOUR SCRIPT THE SAME HOUR IT IS FILLED.

Seth Burgin May 09, 2016

I have been sorting out my aunt's estate. I am in Arizona, where the doctors would prefer to have you by the short hairs, and love to be tyrannic dictatorial ###. They would prefer you risk life & limb driving through a snow storm to make that appointment, the consequences be damned. They get irate if they even think you might have a surplus of medication, yet they routinely refill for people who run out early, for no reason. I was spending more time in Colorado than Arizona fixing up the property to sell it, and moved my treatment to Denver. Everything was and is going along swimmingly, but the last time I filled a schedule 2 at a King Sooper's Pharmacy the count was 40 tablets short. I had an emergency surplus of 14 days, and I generally gain 10 or 20 tablets from being on the road, and cutting back while I drive across country. I used up my surplus and found my bottle of 90 tabs only had 50 in it. I called King Sooper's and got their canned answer, "We have two people verify the count, and do an inventory every time we fill", but who is watching that bottle between the time it gets filled, and the time I come to pick it up? Some light fingered tech with a habit or some strung out friends, or who knows then can get $200 cash from my 40 tablets? I spoke with a pharmacist friend, and she eluded to the fact they do have problems with people that steal medication, inside the pharmacy. It might (usually) be a technician, a security guard, cleaning crew, workmen, etc. They are very reluctant to admit any problems, that would scare away their customers. Call the pharmacy. Sometimes they do make a mistake, and you will get the missing medication. Usually their count will be correct, and you are SOL. Go to the DEA sight, and fill out an "online tip" form for "Pharmacy/Pharmacist". https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/rxaor/spring/main?execution=e1s1

Rose Sherman Jun 15, 2016

Called in my prescription refill for Advair (have 12 refills before 4/07/2016) on automated phone line on Sunday. Picked up my prescription this evening, Wednesday from a grumpy tech who had to be reminded twice by the store Manger who was working nearby, that a customer (myself) was at the counter (needless to say, pharmacy techs could really benefit from Customer Service training). Got home and found that this refill states only five refills left. Where did the other six refills go? Then I
    I recognize that the prescription I just picked up, isn't even the prescription number which I called in for refill. Called the pharmacist who appeared bewildered over who could have made such a mistake. What a joke!!!

• Wine Is Good Jul 01, 2016

Rose Sherman, what was the days supply that was filled? If your script is normally done in 30 day increments, and you got a 90 day fill, you used 3 of your refills in that filling. Also keep in mind, that in 3 more days your script expires so those refills are useless and you will need a new script.

• El
    Elisa1023 Jul 21, 2016

Today has been around 7 days to get my prescription correct - called 4 times - went in to the pharmacy to get my Synthroid correct & called this evening to request Rx again & tonight still no Synthroid. Dr changed dose & they can't seem to get it. Very frustrated. I get a lot of prescriptions for me & my husband & would hate to change pharmacy's. HELP. FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!

• Wine Is Good Jul 21, 2016

What do you mean changed the dose and they can't get it? I am not understanding this issue. What dose did you have and what did he change it to?

• I recently learned that an employee at my local CVS had been written up because they failed to receive an X amount of email required of them by the company. I have become close with this employee because I do a lot of my photography there and this person is really helpful and kind to me everytime I go there she has watched my grandchildren grow up through my photos. I think it is utterly ridiculous to hold this person accountable for something that is beyond their control most people are like myself and do not want to be bombarded with useless emails from corporations. I feel poorly for this person because she is being ridiculed for people not willingly giving up their email for the reasons I've mentioned above. I have a whole new set our outlook on the CVS in my small town if they are willing to fire a great employee over email it makes me question the ethics of this company. holding something of this matter over someone's head and terminating them maybe they need to take their own advice and care more for their employees as they claim to do for their customers. this makes me question whether I want to continue to be a customer of CVS Pharmacy

Joseph plaza Jul 29, 2016

I've been coming to CVS for 3 years and within that time I see so many new faces and there very rude. They tell u to wait 15 min for meds and they take a whole hour. I'm very un happy I will no longer go there to get my meds.

• Sh
    sheila Aug 12, 2016

My gratitude to CVS pharmacy for providing free cholesterol checks done by an RN at the store.I've been postponing getting this done for 5 years and find my numbers are raised. Thank you, thank you.

carriejay Aug 12, 2016

manager or assistant manager was very rude i tried to return an item and she got what she called a gun and when she first said gun i got scared then she bought out this hand held thing and scanned my product say you didnt get this from here and i have never been dishonest i dont steal and she acted like i stoled it all i wanted was to return it for another one and she was so rude and disrespectful i tried to explain to her that it was only a couple of days ago that i bought it and that i wasnt asking for money back but she was so rude she wouldnt listen to anything i have to say she just walked off and as i was standing there i ask the cashier to come with me to look for the product and the lady deb said ill look now she just told me they didnt sell it there now why would she look i said never mind i didnt like the attitude there as i was leaving she said im so tired of oll the ### stealing from this store and us taking it back i started to turn around but i didnt wat to get into it with her

• Ka
    kaiyadara Dec 31, 2016

I am having the same problem with Walmart and he told me the same thing that someone stole from me at my home. So I made them count them right at the counter the next time and they were right on. I went off my meds and had to go back on them months later and picked them up yesterday and I'm short 14 pills again. I'm going back to making them count them when I pick them up and maybe even tape it . If you get a pill count from your dr. and its off because they didn't give you the right amount then they blame you. I told my Dr. about it last time and they documented it but then was acting suspious to me. I am a naturalist person and don't even want to take these but Pain is out of control. So next trip I'm making them count them

• Wine Is Good Jun 26, 2017

@kaiyadara You expect the pharmacy to be different than your doctor? You do realize that ALL pharmacy transactions are recorded right? And that narcotics are triple counted, BY THE PHARMACIST, and the bottle is initialed by the pharmacist and the count circled. Narcotics are also logged into a DEA book, then signed by the pharmacist. Your doctor has the same restrictions, though your doctor will not be the one dispensing narcotics.

• Pa
    pattyofurniture Feb 15, 2017

I had a very similar experience with the wrong number of oxycodone pills. This was a couple of years ago, but your post reignited my interest AND my anger! I went home after filling my script for 60 pills. When I looked at the bottle, it didn't seem like the usual amount so I counted them. If memory serves me correctly, I had roughly 40 pills. Now, the bottle never left my possession and I DO NOT abuse the medication! I called the CVS where I had them filled and the pharmacist checked and said that I was indeed shortchanged and that I should return to the pharmacy to pick up the remainder. Now here's the weird part: I go back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me (I think) six pills. He apologized for the girl who actually filled them. I was dumbfounded. I said that there is still a mistake since I was actually missing 20! So, where are the other 14 pills? He insisted that this was correct. I left and contacted the CVS customer service line and they stated they would do an investigation. I got the same thing about looking at the video count and that it was correct. I said, "well, if it's correct, then how do you account for the original mistake"? No real answer on that one, so the final perception was basically that I was a junkie who was looking to pull one over on them. This "video count" was the end of the story. Now I wonder what they would have said if I wanted to see the video for myself! It's disgusting, and I was hurt and terribly inconvenience by this. It was the last time I ever set foot in a CVS store again and I will NEVER return! I now deal with a small local pharmacy and they are WONDERFUL! I will never fill a prescription at a big box store again. In hindsight, I wish I would have done as some of the other posters on here have suggested and called the police and my insurance to investigate.

• Wine Is Good Jun 26, 2017

@pattyofurniture "He apologized for the girl who actually filled them. I was dumbfounded"

Bull. NO ONE but the PHARMACIST can even touch narcotics, let alone fill them. The narcotics are locked in a drawer, and ONLY a pharmacist has the key, can open the drawer, pull them out, count them, log the book, then count out a script, then confirm the count, initial and circle the count on the bottle, log the remaining count in the book with the patient name, date and sign the book, then lock it all back up.

• Au
    Audrey Parker Sep 05, 2017

The same thing happened to a friend of mine a couple years ago. When she got home, she realized she was short 20 pills of 5mg Percocet. CVS (yes, CVS) said they counted twice and the Rx was filled correctly. Once you leave the store, they won't do anything. So, from that point on, when my friend got her Rx, she opened it right there and counted every pill. They asked her to step aside for other customers and she refused, recounting how they had shorted her before. When they realized she was counting her pills before she left, she was never short again. If you suspect you're being shorted, always count your pills BEFORE leaving the store, preferably in front of the cashier or pharmacy tech. They know customers don't usually count their pills and trust the pharmacy to fill it correctly, but there are addicts working in the pharmacy, too. Buyer Beware!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices