Consumer Portfolio Services Logo

Consumer Portfolio Services

Having problems with Consumer Portfolio Services?

Consumer Portfolio Services Customer Service Contacts

1888 469 4520 (Customer Service)
1800 443 2588 (Investor Relations)
+1 800 304 6812 (Dealer Marketing Department)
+1 800 342 9246 (Career Opportunities)
19500 Jamboree Road, Suite 500
Irvine, California
Postal Address
PO Box 57071, Irvine, CA 92619

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Consumer Portfolio Services Customer Service. Initial Consumer Portfolio Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Consumer Portfolio Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Consumer Portfolio Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Consumer Portfolio Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Consumer Portfolio Services Complaints & Reviews

Jul 20, 2020

Consumer Portfolio Services — Auto loan recovery department

Consumer Portfolio Services Inc. calls me more than 3 times in a day. Even after payment has been confirmed...

Consumer Portfolio Service — car loan

consumer portfolio services finace me a car loan. on the may 2014, one month before a got BK..and right after...

Consumer Portfolio Services — Bad Business Practices

My boyfriend and I have fought with CPS for over a year regarding a truck we purchased from them. We settled...

Consumer Portfolio Services — Loans and Repossession

My boyfriend and I originally went in for a loan for a Chevy Silverado Z71. When the loan was approved it wa...

Consumer Portfolio Services — Worst lender there is

This is the single worst company I have ever dealt with. I original purchased an the dealership used thi...

Consumer Portfolio Services — Customer Service Reps

Consumer Portfolio Services has the worst customer service. Their Reps are not efficient or accurate about...

Consumer Portfolio ServicesCustomer Services Reps

This company is literally the worst company to have an auto loan through, ever! Anytime you have the unfortunate experience of needing to speak with a customer service representative, it is promised to be theist unprofessional experience ever. This company lost obviously does not train their call center representatives, beyond the fact that they are blatently unprofessional, barely speak literate English, and have NO idea what they are taking about -- they are plain RUDE. The last person to call me, left a 4 minute message, half of which, she was speaking to another person in the room about her nails. Calling there is a nightmare, they pass you around and absolutely will not give consistent information. I understand they are a secondary lender, for people with less than perfect credit, but this does not excuse poor customer service.

Consumer Portfolio Services — Harrassing phone calls and repo man knockin on my door

Consumer Portfolio Services agents are very rude especially (Eric) & (Shanice) both of these people have...

Consumer profolo ServicesOverall bad company

I need to share this with anyone who is thinking about working with this company. I filed for bankruptcy a few yrs back and needed to get a van that I could retrofit for my handicapped child. Well about a yr into my loan I lost my job. I made several attempts to work with them for the missed payments. They would not work with me. So finally after all their harassing phone calls I told them to come and get the car.
    Two yrs later they are still harassing me for the unpaid balance and threatening to sue me. I have been told I was lying about my child being deaf and blind, and in a wheelchair along with all of this other medical problems.
    But of course they deny it was ever said.

This was my most recent conversation as of to day,
    On June 20that approximately 3:30 p.m., I contacted Consumer Portfolio Services (CPS) and spoke to Hedi Garcia. I had to yell at her to give me her supervisor. I attempted to again make a settlement offer less then what they would take. He finally agreed to take a settlement but would not send me a settlement letter until I gave him a post dated check with my checking account info. When I told him I did not have an account but would send by western union or cashiers check the next day, I was told because I did not have a checking account they would not take a settlement but instead i would have to pay a $1000 MORE .
    The manager stated he would talk to someone placed me on hold then came back stating after reviewing my account CPS would not be able to provide a settlement.
    When asked why I was not able to receive a settlement offer letter before sending money I was told it would be a waste of time and money and how did he have a guarantee that I would send the money anyway. I was then told CPS would not send a settlement letter without my checking account information given 1st. When I asked to speak to his supervisor (the decision maker) I was hung up on.
    Plus they have been treating to sue me for the last 1 1/2.
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
    I know they where just trying to get access to my checking account so they could take what they wanted. Plus when I questioned him about it I was told it was illegal to do that Yah right I have read so many stories on these sites about them taking money from people like this. Now I am just waiting to see if I will be sued. I don't have anything and if they sue me I will be homeless with my handicapped child because I don't have any money to pay this off.
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
    He then stated I was in the business of using people and liked taking things from people. When I told him his company sucked he told me they must be doing something right because they have been in business for the last 20 yrs and bought out two other companies.
    I wish someone could find a way to file a class action law suit about them.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesBBB and Losing Title

I see tons of complaints on this site about this company. A lot of people asked about an attorney well...I had a loan with this company and paid off the car last year April 2011. Here it is 2012 and I have yet to receive my title. They told me they sent it and all they could do is send me a lien release. I waited, never received it. Contacted the Better Business Bureau. All they do for you is contact them and they basically stated the same thing to the BBB, "they sent it in the mail and they will send me a lien release" and they have a B plus rating with the BBB and they accept their response and do nothing else for you. I am now waiting. I don't know how it is possible for a company with such AWFUL reviews and complaints to have no consequences? I sure got my bills every month as well as a couple of months ago received a letter from them to get a new loan. Funny how those never got lost in the mail. What do they think? I threw my title in the trash so I could have something to complain about? Now it is going to cost me money out of my pocket to replace a title that is MINE. Something needs to be done because NO ONE else is going to help you.

• Sk
          skippy1 Feb 28, 2013

And the amount of fees is outrageous and pretty much all I still owed but they would repo if not paid off.

• Sk
          skippy1 Feb 28, 2013

They have done this to me as well.

• Th
          THERESA MCWHORTER Jun 05, 2012

MY LOAN MATURED ON 06/01/12, I PAID SOME PAYMENTS LATE AND HAD SOME LATE CHARGES...NOW THEY SAY THAT
          THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYMORE PAYMENTS AND THAT THEY WANT TO REPO THE CAR...THIS IS ILLEGAL...ALL THEY ARE IS A RIP-OFF DON'T FINANCE YOUR CAR WITH THEM...THINKING OF HIRING AN ATTORNEY

Consumer Portfolio Servicesnever been treated so bad before!!

I have seen multiple complaints about this company and i am just wondering anyone has ever talked to an attorney or pursued any further action. I really want these people, in particular Albert at ext 15858 to go down!! No one deserves to be treated or talked to the way this man has me! i have tried for 2 months to straighten out my payments ( i was on maternity leave and disability was behind) and every tI'me i make a payment and i thinking on track 2 weeks later i get another threatening call. He tell me he refuses to help me and my problems are not his worries. He has call me a lair and that i must be stupid if i don't get their extension plans. He asked if i was slow because i must be to not understand. He went so far as to tell me i was a poor example of a mother if i couldn't pay my bill and that he is surprised i haven't blown up with all my lies. I get off the phone with hI'm so angry because it not that o don't want to pay my bill, i understand it is my bill but with disability being behind and it being a smaller amount then my payroll checks I'm stuck. I have always made my payments before but this mess happened. I want to take action against them but don't know where to start.

Samirra Zuniga Jun 24, 2012

Very Very rude, I pay online to avoid speaking to them, My bill is due the 1st of every month and the last day or on the 1st of the month they are calling me on my cell, at home and at work to see when and how I am going to make my payment . I recently changed employment and refuse to give them my new employers phone number. Also I pay online and it says I owe a certain amount but the paper bill that I receive never matches. I was charged $45.00 because I supposedly underpaid by $0 .12 . Biggest Rudest Rip offs ever and the sad thing is the give high risk loans to people like me who have low credit scores so the probably feel they are somehow entitled to treat us like inferiors

Consumer Portfolio ServicesPoor Service and Overcharged

First of all, I never wanted CPS to manage my account, I was with Fireside bank and CPS purchased my account. This bank has HORRIBLE service, first time I called I had no information about my account being as I had never dealt with that bank before, the first person I talked to tried to get me off the phone telling me to get my account information and call back, after telling him I simply did not have it and if he could look it up he had a frustrating sigh and looking it up and told me I need to make sure I have this info before I call in as if I had anyway of ever having it.
          Anytime I have called they have just had horrible service after horrible service, they really like to piss off their customers. I paid off my account yesterday, I was quoted $1, 930.70, they charged me $1, 972.70, only a $42 difference so no big deal but I tried calling them about this and my GOD the lady I talked to just didn't want to deal with me apparently. First after making it through their automated system which said about four times program could not be completed before I finally reached someone she came on the line and said please hold and instantly put me on hold, still no big deal.
          I finally reached her I tried to explain that I was quoted one price and charged another, instantly she got defensive saying she's just quoting what the screen says and said if I was overcharged she's sure I'll get refunded and tried to get me off the phone. I asked if she knew when or anything and she continuously said she does not know, how can someone not have any idea on a refund for an amount I shouldn't have been charged? She said she'd have a manager call me and tried to hang up not even confirming my number with me or anything, this is just a horrible service and for all I care they can keep the $42... I'm just happy I'll never have to call them after I get my title...

• Di
              DISAPPOINTED AND SCAMMED Apr 19, 2012

CPS IS ABSOLUTELY HORIBLE AND I RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A VEHICLE DO YOUR RESRACH ON THE FINANCNE COMPANY BEFORE ALLOWING THE CAR SALESMAN TO TIE YOU INTO AN AUTO LOAN WITH THIS COMPANY. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES ARE EXTREMELY RUDE AND TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. UNDOUBTLEY THEY ARE THE WORST CRDEDITOR I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH IN MY ENITRE LIFE. GRANTED MY CREDIT SCORE WAS POOR; HOWEVER, THAT DOES NOT GIVE CPS THE RIGHT TO HARRASS, THREATHEN OR BLANTLY DISREPECT ME OR MY REFERENCES. I HAVE ASKED ON COUNTLESS OCCASSIONS THAT THEY NOT CONTACT MY REFERENCES HOWEVER THEY CALL AT LEAT 6-10 TIMES A DAY. WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM? I AM REALLY STARTING TO WONDER WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST MISTAKE I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE TAKING OUT A 60 MONTH LOAN WITH CPS. I AM GOING TO TAKE THE HIT ON MY CREDIT AND VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER MY VEHICLE. THEY ARE RIDICULOUS!!!

Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc.I haven't received a call or any explanations about my loan history

CPS is giving the run around about my pay-off amount. According to CPS I owe them about $2000.00 in fees. When I call them they tell a supervisor will call me back and they will mail me a detail explanation of my loan. I haven’t received a call or any explanations about my loan history. According to my records I don’t owe them the $2000.00 in fees.

Consumer Portfolio Services/ Auto LoanCalling -3 of my references & mother

I have auto loan with Consumer Portfolio Services, since April 2007. Payments are due 10th of month. I did not pay Nov 10th or Dec10th pymt ($375.61). They are calling my references and family leaving detailed PERSONAL information about my account, payment history. The last biligerant caller asked my mother if she was a Christian Woman, and when she said yes I am---CPS said that Christians dont lie and that she was a liar. Ive dealt with the most horrible callers. They phoned a friend of mine, not listed on my references**** HOW!!!

• Be
                  beyond mad Feb 15, 2012

Were u ever able to do anything about this? I'm having the same problem! I've never been so insulated before. These people are unbelieveable!!

• Be
                  beyond mad Feb 15, 2012

Were u able to do anything about this? I'm at the end of my rope with them!! I've never experienced people as rude as them!!

Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc.They have excuse after excuse on why I don't have my title

On Jun 26, 2010 I sent this company a payoff check for a car I was paying on. Well, I am still waiting for the car title. They have excuse after excuse on why I don't have my title.

They sent it to the wrong address, then my husband call and they sent it, however it's been over a month and we still don't have the title.

Consumer Portfolio Services — Harrassment

I have been a CPS customer over 5 years now. I have kept any and all payment arrangements I have made. I...

consumer portfolio services (cps) — Incorrect Repossession

A friend held my car while I was Deployed. Around mid November my car was towed from her apartment complex...

Consumer Portfolio Servicesbeware they rip you off!!!

i had an auto loan with them i traded the car and when the next car lot didnt send their payoff as soon as they wanted it they put it on my credit report and they will not try to help me fix it. i knew they were bad when it took them a year to tell me my car note was short $3 every month for a year and that 3x12=over $300. im not a rocket scientist but i can do math and it didnt add up to me. since i had to pay so my credit wouldnt be messed up i payed extra money every month and they sent it back to me on a debit card i would never recommend them to anyone i dont need or want anything that bad to use them again.

Consumer Portfolio ServicesHarrassing , rude phone calls & csrs.

I want to go on record as saying I hate this company. I purchased a car in 2005 and it was financed thru CPS. This company has harrassed me so much that I hate to get a call from them. A payment can be made and they will still call. They act as though they are illeterate and cant read the screen because I would tell the rep when i was making another payment and they would still call. They would harrass me and my daughter so much until I wanted to give the car back. They would call all my references and have them to give me a message, this was after they had already spoken to me. They call and ask where can they pick the car up. My nerves were so torn up that i would loose it when i looked at my phone and recognized the number. They called my cellphone, work phone and job. I couldnt take it anymore and my last encounter with a CSR named Ms. Perkins was more than I could take. She talked to me like I was stupid and had an attaitude, very rude and accused me of being rude and I had to speak with her supervisor. I could nopt take anymore because I wanted to find her and do bodily harm to her. I refinanced a loan AND PAID THEM OFF!! This company need to be shutdown beacuse they are so unprofessional and rude to their clients. We are all experiencing hard times and there is noo excuse for their rudeness.

• Ka
                        katiescarlett Apr 27, 2011

I agree with your complaint, they are very harrassing and call constantly! My parents and sister have health issues and have asked them repeatedly not to call them and they still do. They call whether I am talking to them, have made payment arrangements, or made the payment! They even posted my payment to the wrong account once and was called to say they were going to repo my car. Thankfully I had the confirmation numbers on hand from my payment. I am also in the process of refinancing to get away from these people!

oops.
                        I see that now
                        Thanks
                        LOL

project626 Apr 26, 2011

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
                        She is a Manager for CPS.
                        [protected]
                        She seems to be a VERY helpful person
                        Otherwise, everytime you call. get the persons name who you spoke with and inform them that you are recording the conversation

Consumer Portfolio Servicescustomer service

i bought a chevy colorado didnt realize the truck was not to be sold. it had been modified so no shocks or struts wasnt safe . dealer sold anyway. i got laid off called cps no problem. then starting calling job said emergency, threatening repo all the time i am in possession of a truck i cant drive in snow or rain. so i sent three hundred when back to work . mailed payment cashed on the seventh of march truck repoed on the tenth . so i called the man said as old as u are u should know to pay ur bills. so i called i would pay the balance on my credit card said ur not getting truck back. the man said if u would pay ur bills this wouldnt happen to u

• Mi
                          Mitza Jul 21, 2011

If I can encourage even just one person to not take a loan from this Company it will be well worth writing this. Please Please do your homework before ever taking a loan from them. They will make your life a living hell. It is not worth it. Insist that your dealership find someone else to make the loan. Everything everyone on here has written is the absolute truth. I know this because I can relate to everyone of them. I can't wait until I never have to deal with this class less company again. Also if it's too late and you already have a loan and they are making your life a living hell report them to the Attorney General's Office in CA where their main company is.

project626 Apr 26, 2011

Call and speak to Cindy Springstein.
                          She is a Manager for CPS.
                          [protected]