Menu

complaints

Shoppers Drug Mart Complaints Summary

88 Resolved
1446 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Shoppers Drug Mart with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Shoppers Drug Mart has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Shoppers Drug Mart. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Shoppers Drug Mart complaints 1534

Sort by:

Newest Shoppers Drug Mart complaints

K
4:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I could not send out a order on-line due to business system glitch on Jan 24, 2024. In next couple days, I called shoppers and tried everything I could per instructions from shoppers by e-mails and customer service. Finally I could send out the order successfully on Feb 12, 2024, However the promotion ended and product prices were increased. Before clicking...

S
9:58 am EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Joker prepaid visa

I bought a 200$ jokervisa prepaid card from shoppers drug mart, Stanley St, brantford, on. I get home hold on to it for a couple days I then activated it, within literal hours the card had been wiped clean of my entire 200$. The joker company has been contacted and apparently doing an investigation will take 7 -10 days. But other people I've talked to has had similar issues from shoppers. I don't know if this has anything to do with shoppers or what, but 200$ is a lot to spend and not get what I paid for. I'm totally blown away by this situation. For one you should immediately take joker prepaid cards off the shelves. Now I'm not really sure how this happened to me but I am lookn for my money back. I will be looking forward to hearing from

Claimed loss: I've lost 200$ plus an activation fee that shoppers charged me

Desired outcome: My money back

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Shoppers Drug Mart representatives only. If you are affiliated with Shoppers Drug Mart, please claim your business to access these details.

F
6:00 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I came to this pharmacy 2 times the guy in pharmacy alem he looks indian he was being racisit. I wanted an insuline and I am covered with ifhp he took all details and brown id details then asked that system doesnt work u have to pay for it I am a refugee and I said I dont have enough 77 dollars he said whatt do u want I give you fpr free? I am covered with...

Read full review of Shoppers Drug Mart

Is Shoppers Drug Mart legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Shoppers Drug Mart as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Shoppers Drug Mart stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Shoppers Drug Mart should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Shoppers Drug Mart earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Shoppers Drug Mart achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Shoppers Drug Mart. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Shoppersdrugmart.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Shoppers Drug Mart website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Shoppersdrugmart.ca has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Shoppers Drug Mart and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Shoppers Drug Mart has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 1534 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Shoppers Drug Mart. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
C
1:49 am EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy

To whom it may concern,

I am absolutely enraged with the shoppers drug mart located at 10835 city parkway in Surrey BC. My partner has been receiving her prescription medication at said location for over a year now. They used to have great customer service, However lately they have become very inconsiderate and rude.

Today we get to the location 5 minutes to closing and are refused service! I even explained that it is prescribed medication which has already been filled and that she is going to be without her VERY important prescribed medication. Only to have a door closed in my face and to be told no!

This is just completely unacceptable and I will be charging shoppers if this results in seizures and a hospital visit tonight because of her being without medication!

Claimed loss: Unknown

Desired outcome: Better care and a store that values their customer

4:43 pm EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Incorrect prescription

This pharmacy always messing up with Prescriptions. Waiting time is always 1-2hrs and most of the time even more.. I had to come 3 times in a row because they didn’t dispensed correct medications. Pharmacist, Ashvrin Jan told that you have to check the medication what you take from us. Is this even applicable when there is Refill? Shouldn’t they do refilling correct as prescribed by the doctor? Why do we need a pharmacist in this matter if they don’t want to take the ownership of what they do? This is ridiculous. Don’t recommend this place to anyone.. should tell everyone double check the medicine before you take because they can give something which is not belongs to the patient too.

S
7:17 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On January 27th 2024 at around 7:30pm a delivery driver was doing a delivery to my home and refused to give me my prescriptions because I was recording him. I have been dealing with trying to get my delivery of medications to me since Tuesday January 23rd to no avail. I had called every morning since Tuesday and was told the delivery driver has them. No...

I
8:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into shoppers to take 2 photos each of my 2 kids. The guy fumbled with the camera and didn't seem to know what he was doing. That's when I should have walked out. He kept trying then told me I would have to come back to pick up the pics. When I returned I sent my son in to pay and pickup. Please review the cameras. We needed them for the next day. We...

J
10:07 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shoppers Drug Mart wrong pricing, cashier attitude, manager attitude, hiding name tag

Country harvest bread 2 for 7 dollars. I got two loves expected to pay 7 dollars. Checked bill charged 4.29 each. Complained but no good. Asked for manager lady came and said 4.29 the price. I objected and wanted her name. She covered name tag with her hand. Manager and cashier laugh and say to bad. I took pic of display saying 2 for 7 dollars. The shoppers store I go to is only getting worse.

J
5:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I scheduled an appointment for a possible UTI on Dec 1,2023 at the Embrun ON location. I checked in with a pharmacy employee when I arrived. I was told to wait until I was called. There were several people waiting and we discussed what time our appointments were scheduled for. After waiting over 30 minutes I realized that people who had a later appointment...

3:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Whet for walkin covid shot, showed health card to abtain prefilled form to Faith (employee at 1102 Klondike Road), asked to wait near meeting/consultation room. Nobody waiting for shot there but could see Bebo (nurse sitting inside with no one inside), my request form not delivered to her for 15 minutes. Saw couples appeared for shot at consultation window...

F
12:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to formally express my dissatisfaction with the service I received at your pharmacy on December 1st 2023. I have been a loyal customer of Shoppers Drug Mart for many years, but the treatment I encountered during my last visit was unacceptable and compelled me to bring this to your attention. On the aforementioned date, I had a severe allergic...

B
5:59 am EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Price of benadryl 100

I purchased a box of Benadryl pills (100) on November 30th at your Dupont Street store (292) invoice # 990212811030003888306 for $33.99.

When I was at the Loblaws Christie and Dupont store later that day for a flu shot I found the exact same Benadryl for $23.00. in their pharmacy.

How can you charge $11.00 more than another drug store?

Unfortunately I had opened the package or I would have returned it.

I am a senior and cannot afford these absurd price increases,

T
11:47 am EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy

Why is my family having to wait an hour on the phone to speak to a pharmacist.? Come multiple times and they still cannot find medications and wait in an hour long line?

The Elliot lake Shoppers pharmacy is the worst I have ever seen. Everyone in the store is dealing with the same thing. They have multiple places where the prescriptions are stored and yet they are so unorganized that they still cannot find them. So disappointed. With my elderly parents living here and many other elderly here, there should be better care and attention. I worry for everyone in this town who deals with shoppers.

Claimed loss: Money and time spent going to the store and phone calls and being put on hold for minimum 30 mins.

Desired outcome: Hold them accountable. If they can't run properly...shut it down. They are the worst I have ever seen.

B
12:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I arrived at the store location at South Common Mall 2126 Burnhamthorpe Rd W Mississauga, ON L5L 3A2 on November 27, 2023 20 minutes before the closing and wanted to purchase post stamps. I was informed by the person at the register that she has already counted the stamps and they are in the safe, therefore she cannot sell them to me. I asked to speak with...

A
3:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Thursday November 23 i had a prescription to be filled for my eye injury. They received it at 1:30 that afternoon. By 4 pm i called to see if it was ready, they told me they were working on it. By 6 pm i called again she asked me when would i like the prescription for? i advised her that i needed it by closing tonight she answered we close at 10pm. At...

C
3:12 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shoppers Drug Mart Lack of support for gift card that isn’t working at the store

Today (Nov 23/23) I tried to redeem a gift card, which I received as a gift (without proof of purchase) a few years ago. Because it doesn’t have a verification code on it, your system will not accept the card as payment. The very patient clerk at the store tried 5 times to reach someone at your office by phone for assistance, but kept getting disconnected!

Card number is

Desired outcome: Please cancel this card and send me a replacement card for $25

H
4:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Friday November 17, 2023 we bought a 65" Tv, when we turned on the tv it had multiple black spots on it. We tried to return in but they said they had to go check with their manager about their return policy which is dumb because you should know your return policy. they said they were gonna give us call to see it we can return it. when they called us they...

7:19 pm EST

Shoppers Drug Mart Service

Store #1525. Terrible service. Will tell their patients their medications are ready but it's not ready when you arrive and you have to wait. Won't answer the phone 80% of the time, short staffed and improperly trained. Every time I go to the pharmacy, which is 2 to 3 times per week, there is an issue with my medication. Every time im there I also see other patients who are extremely frustrated as well. Hands down worst pharmacy in Thunder Bay.

V
3:06 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Nov 06, 2023, at 8:45 PM the store cashier, made a mistake, and returned me less money at the online / sur terminal since he checked my winning tickets. on my suggestion that she was wrong that I had a ticket that was received for 10 CAD, and she gave me back 3 CAD instead of 7 CAD. She started to argue with me, and to tell me that I was wrong and that...

H
5:06 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Greetings: Over the last 30 years we have had occasions to use the various pharmacies at Shoppers Drugs Stores with unpleasant experiences. My husband is eighty-one years of age and has had four operations in the past two years.  It requires that he takes eight different prescribed pills daily. We are not impressed with the service we get from your...

Read full review of Shoppers Drug Mart
How to file a complaint about Shoppers Drug Mart?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Shoppers Drug Mart. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Prescription Filled at Shoppers Drug Mart."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention specific key areas such as customer service, pharmacy errors, product quality, pricing discrepancies, or store cleanliness. Include relevant information about any transactions, such as the date, time, and location of the Shoppers Drug Mart store. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any steps you took to resolve it and the response received from the company, if applicable. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it be inconvenience, financial loss, or health concerns.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, prescriptions, correspondence with the company, or photos. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking from Shoppers Drug Mart, whether it be a refund, an apology, or corrective action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and verify that all relevant details have been included.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click on the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve your issue with Shoppers Drug Mart.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Shoppers Drug Mart contacts