Having problems with CVS?

CVS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2006. The latest review Deceptive practices / lack of clarity,empathy with the pharmacy was posted on Sep 19, 2021. The latest complaint Goodrx coupons was resolved on Oct 19, 2020. CVS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2069 reviews. CVS has resolved 278 complaints.

CVS Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 746 7287 (Customer Service)
+1 888 607 4287 (CVS.com® and Mobile)
+1 866 389 2727 (MinuteClinic)
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CVS Customer Service. Initial CVS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CVS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CVS. Discuss the issues you have had with CVS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CVS Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Aug 28, 2021

CVS — Service

I was at the CVS located at 11600 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77065. When I checked out of the "self check...

CVSVaccine nurse “went on a break”

I scheduled a vaccine appointment for the CVS store on 1747 Cahuenga Blvd location for today 08.26.21 at 1pm… I arrived punctually and prepared at the assigned location and was told to wait an hour; the assigned nurse had gone on a lunch break. I understand a break is certainly needed - but first off - the way I was informed about this unexpected change by the pharmacist at the counter, and the lack of communication after I had to jump hoops to get assigned a location far from home, adapt to the schedule… demonstrates another reason why CVS collects so many complaints on all the social media platform where costumers can express their dissatisfaction!
You're website is set up to send out multiple text messages as needed for clients to arrange a change; that nurse clearly feels like the patients assigned to her care are not worthy basic decency… and within CVS manifests a low consumer satisfaction: you are not a trustworthy nor well organized entity for people in need of care! These employees clearly couldn't care less if my prescription is filled correctly or if im taken care of. The lack of understanding the benefit of positive reassurance in the medical field is stunning! Just reading the other comments leaves me baffled how there is no oversight or a sense for correcting this behavior! The grain of power within the "little people" is to share our disappointment and slowly chip away what CVS assumes to be enough clients to ignore the few they disappoint!

CVSHome Depot gift card

On August 25 I purchased in one transaction two Home Depot gift cards at CVS (#[protected] York Rd. Towson, MD 21204. One for $100 and the other for $200; both were activated according to the receipt. The person who received the $200 told me it had a zero balance.

Phoned CVS #2216 that evening and was told there was nothing "she" could do about it but I could "come see" the manager between 1-7AM the next morning. That time was unreasonable and I said so; was told by 10am would be okay. I decided instead to phone and did so about 8:15 am on 8/26/21 because of concern that I would not see the mgr. if I waited until 10am.

Spoke to the manager, named King, and was told CVS would not refund the money because the card was activated and it was out of his hands but to phone Home Depot because it was their responsibility. And, so I did but was told that it was not their responsibility because it had been sold through a "third party" provider. For the next hour I was in a round-robin match between CVS and Home Depot. After my 4th phone call to Home Depot and finally speaking to someone with authority, and 3 conversations with King, knew I had lost the match so phoned my credit card bank and told them I am disputing payment to CVS. Also phoned Cash Star and they had no record of the gift card so what happened to "activated"?
    Susan Carl [protected] H [protected] C [protected]@gmail.com

Home Depot gift card

CVSCarepass

Carepass expired on 9/272021. I called to cancel on 8/20/21 as of expiration date. Representative cancelled as of 8/26. I called CVS carepass to correct error and they said there was nothing they could do. Supervisor not available. I have been dealing with other carepass issues for two months now with absolutely no resolution. No one that I can speak with has authority to correct errors that they themselves have made.
      My email is [protected]@att.net.

CVSBlade for men - shaving gel

I decided to try a 2 pack of the CVS Blade for Men shaving gel

The first can, the press button broke while trying to dispense the gel
        The 2nd can, worked for about 4 try's then the gel was straining to come out

This was a nice attempt to copy the better product Edge Shaving Gel by Shick — Hydro 5

The CVS brand was very poorly made and useless, I ended up throwing both cans out in frustration

CVSClosing cash drawer early

The CVS at the Watergate complex in Washington D.C. closed their final cashier with cash BEFORE the store closed. Obviously some clerks wanted to get out early. However, this is a violation of federal law. On each currency, there is a line about being used for all public and private debts. Now, businesses are trying to encourage people to use credit, fine, as long as cash lines are still available. The CVS identified here violated that requirement.

In fact, the more I think about it, I will file a complaint with the US Treasury as well.

Your clerks need to be advised of federal law, and should have reopened the cash drawer.

Kevin O'Connell 700 New Hampshire Ave., NW Apt. 702 Washington DC 20037

Aug 25, 2021

CVS — Pharmacist and store manager

This is a complaint alleging denial of prescription med to a Senior. On 8.25.2021, total authorization to...

Aug 24, 2021

CVS — The condition of the store is filthy and smells like urine

CVS store at 1850 5th Ave San Diego California 92101. This store is filthy dirty inside and out especially...

CVSpharmacist making me wait to get flu shot while another customer was coughing and sniffing

I had an appointment to get a flu shot today at the CVS on Lafayette Road, so after I left work today I decided to head in that direction. When I got there I went back to the pharmacy in the back of the store to let them know that I was there so the one girl said to have a seat and someone would be with me in a few. In the seating area was a white guy who was coughing and a Mexican guy in another seat so the only place I would have been able to sit was in between them. I decided not to sit. The pharmacist came out from behind the counter and called my name and asked me to sit between the two guys, so I told her that I was high risk and a cancer survivor so I would not be sitting where she wanted me to sit because that guy was coughing and sniffing, so she asked the Mexican if he was sick and he said no, so me and another lady that was standing in line pointed to the white guy and said that he was the one coughing. The pharmacist then said to me that the white guy wasn't in there because he was sick and I said that I didn't care why he was there I wasn't sitting there. The white guy said that he would move which he did, but then the pharmacist said that the guy only had 4 min left before he could leave because he had gotten a covid shot, so I had to wait until the guy left before I could get my flu shot. I left the store and said I refuse to let anyone make me sick because I could not afford to let anyone make me sick. I then went down to the CSV on Meridian St and they gave me my flu shot

CVSVaccine mandate

I am a physician in Florida and have always liked to CVS pharmacy. However, due to your recent mandate of the vaccine I will not be able to support you in the future. I will send my patience elsewhere for medication‘s and will verbally encourage my patients to boycott CVS. There is no science to vaccinating people especially during a pandemic. If you don't know that then you don't know very much! Furthermore, the fact that the FDA approved the vaccine means absolutely nothing!!! If your higher levels are truly getting the vaccine at least you're participating in the same incompetence that you're forcing on your employees.

Aug 23, 2021

CVS — Rude and un-educated, not knowledgeable employees and pharmacist.

I have no hope that you will do anything about the problems that exist at this pharmacy, but just for the...

CVSOn line delivery order

For the first time I combined a prescription delivery and vitamin order. I was charged the full amount, but didn't receive the vitamin C. Order placed on 8-18-21.
                I have called different numbers, put on hold for long periods to be told they knew nothing. I'm a technically challenged senior and found it difficult and frustrating trying to find help

On line delivery order

CVSCustomer Service cannot fix my issue with my address.

I am trying to place online order but their system tells me my street address is invalid. I place online orders on a regular basis and never had a problem before with my address. Have called CS several times. Their answering system is ridiculous . You get switched from recording to recording for several minutes. Finally got to talk to someone each time after waiting on hold for several minutes each time. None of the CS reps were able to fix the problem. Wanted me to use their app which I tried but still did not work. Why is fixing my address such a problem for them??? Can you help?? I am at a loss as to what to do!! Thank you!!

CVSCovid Testing for Travel for travellers returning from US to home country by air

My sister is visiting Columbus from Toronto Canada this week and I was trying to book her an appt. When I went online to the self pay CVS covid site, I was unable to put in her Canadian address because it demanded state and county. Similarly when we tried to pay with her credit card, that could not be used because again it demanded a state and county and so we could not put in her Canadian address associated with the account. I ended up using my card.
                    CVS and Walgreens are both being given as places where a person seeking to cross the Canadian border can book a test appt. The test needs to be done 72 hours ahead of the flight time. This has been in place for people visiting the US by plane since the pandemic lockdown began but CVS's site does not make it easy at all for travellers to book their tests to return to their home countries. I recommend you change your site to allow addresses that are not US -based. My email is [protected]@gmail.com and I can be reached at [protected]

CVSPharmacy Complaint

Date of incident: 8.21.2021
                      I went to pick up a prescription that was called in on 8.18.2021 and after standing in line for 20 minutes I finally got up to register to find out the prescription was on hold waiting on insurance information. I have gotten this prescription filled at this location for the past 6 months using Good RX. When they realized that whomever entered it did not catch that they didn't need insurance information and I was told to go down to pharmacist counter and talk with the pharmacist, which happened to be Keisha Jackson, Pharmacy Manager. She looked up the prescription up and confirmed that it came in on the 18th. It was 4:30 today when I finally got to the register and I asked Keisha if she could get it ready I would wait. She was not looking at me and said its an hour process and we close at 5pm. I said I will wait and you should be able to count 30 pills out for me since it was an oversight on your Pharmacy error. She looked at me and said you do not know the process and I said yes I do my husband is a pharmacist and her comment was why don't you go to his pharmacy then. Which was uncalled for and rude. This was a situation that could have been resolved prior to the closing time and she didn't budge and didn't care about pleasing the customer. There were other customers in there saying that this location has really gone down hill and was threatened to take their prescription to other places. The Pharmacy Manager bluntly said to me to take it to my husband's pharmacy which isn't good for CVS business.

CVScustomer service or lack thereof!

At the end of July our CVS in Vacaville Ca. on Depot Street had no shopping carts. When we inquired we were told they "had all been stolen".. (This is the 3'rd time this happened at this current location.) They also told us there was "no way" they were going to order more because they were "tired of getting ripped off. I messaged my concern on CVS facebook and was told it would be looked into. To date I have contacted 3 more times to no avail. Today we returned for 4'th time to se if any baskets and not one. After inquiring again we were told the same thing, "not going to reorder".
                        This is ridiculous, if you need more than 1 or 2 items you have no way to get the merchandise to the front cashiers and then no way to get items to you car!! Also I am disabled and need to steady myself with a cart or I can not shop there at ALL! PLEASE CAN YOU HELP???

CVS PharmacyLousy Customer Service and Possible Insurance Fraud.

I used your pharmacy for close to 45 years because you had {Past Tense| two great pharmacists who were more than super professional. They are Dr. Maria Sunol and Dr Corugedo. The older one, Dr. Sunol retired approximately a year ago.

I think Dr. Corugedo must have or has problems and has not been at the pharmacy when I went to speak with her. Several people in the pharmacy at Bird Road and SW 107 Avenue in Miami, Fl tried telling me several lies about her not being there. One even started telling me my "problems" were due to the insurance companies and when I asked her if she had an insurance license from the State of Florida she kept on talking. Yes, I have already reported her with name to the Florida Department of Financial Services Enforcement Division. It is a 3rd Degree Felony to "practice insurance without a license in the State of Florida."

I took the precaution of moving my prescriptions to the CVS Pharmacy at Bird Road and SW 147 Avenue in Miami, Fl. I explained to the "Pharmacy Manager" in both Spanish and in English that I have enough meds for my epileptic until the First of the month. Despite many phone calls, that pharmacy managed to have my med on the 2nd of the month. I should have told the woman in GREEK and she might have understood.

So I asked my doctor to move my prescriptions to a Walgreens Pharmacy in the same building where he works at. Walgreens handled it all perfectly so I will stay with them.

This weekend I will be checking my Medicare Statements to make certain that CVS has not committed fraud and charged Medicare for my meds. Heaven help you if you have.

I know as a Senior Agent in Good Standing that our state takes fraud very seriously. Punishment is hard labor and also reimbursement. I have helped the Enforcement Division several times so I do know.

I am sorry my two great doctors are no longer with you but I am gone as an old customer. And I have taken the time to tell my family and friends why I have done this.

Rodolfo J. Patino

CVScustomer service

I have been on hold with CVS for about 45 minutes in total. I keep calling every now and then hoping it'll make a difference but nope. It's a pretty important question I have too. It's ridiculous that nobody will answer the phone for that long. No CVS has ever given me a problem except this one too. I've had problems with picking up my medication as well. They always say it is not ready to be picked up. But i'm persistent & tell them that it is ready, one time it was in fact late. Sometimes they will correct their mistake other times not and i have to wait.

CVSMy refill

I have a script of testosterone cyp 200MG/ML it was to be 0.5 ml every two weeks .200mg.ml That was the old script my new one says testosterone cyp 200 mg/ml inject 1ml every two weeks.Now i got my script today it was filled as the old script .I called and was told that sense i had a old script on file the new increased script could not be filled as doctor orders. I asked then i have enough for 2 shots not two months worth. was told when you need more just call .that would leave me a month with out 2 shots due to how the old script was wrote . Can some body look in to this so in a month i can get my refills please. RX 1987841 My name is DERYKE PIERCE I LIVE IN ELWOOD .IND 46036 I went to Elwood ind. CVS .Besides when i ask to talk to a pharmacist i was talking to some body else due to the person re-laid what i was asking ?I do not think this is correct. I under stand they are under staffed but that is not my issue hire more help.

CVSHead Pharmacist

Store #4068
                                I had an awful encounter with the pharmacist named Melinda this past week. She was bluntly rude and didn't want to hear what I had to say to help her understand the circumstance. She cut me off mid sentence and hung up on me. She treated me as if I were incompatant at calling a prescription and doing my job. I have called in thousands of prescriptions in the past with no issue. Her unprofessional is unacceptable and does not live up to the CVS standard. I will not be suggesting our patients use this pharmacy or any CVS pharmacy in the future due to this encounter. I am greatly appalled by her actions that put the patient out of medicine that is essential to her mental health and well being.