Having problems with NetQuote?

NetQuote Customer Service Contacts

7300 FM 2222, Bldg 2, Suite 100
Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NetQuote Customer Service. Initial NetQuote complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NetQuote above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NetQuote. Discuss the issues you have had with NetQuote and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

NetQuoteHorrible leads and customer no service!

Leads are sold to unlimited brokers though they swear 8 is the max. Getting credit for bogus leads is impossible, they hit your credit card up front and when they know I am calling for credit or to cancel they intentially put me on hold forever hoping I will just hang up, they used to be good many years ago but now they are a rip off!

NetQuoteLeads

Save your money - just signed up (after being promised the world) and business as usual - 6 leads 1 bad number 5 no answers.

• Bu
        buhston88 Dec 28, 2010

Netquotes is the biggest scam for internet leads. We had to return over 60% of our leads because of false information. During a 3 week period we received the same fake lead from one person with the same address and 6 different names all pretty similar and all for 2011 cars. It was a very frustrating experience and we would never go with them again. At one point I personally signed up for a quote and I got a response from 6 different insurance agents, that is after they tell you they only send it to 2-3 agents. They are making over $70/lead sending it to all those agents. Mayor Scam!!!
        The premium plus leads are suposed to be from people who have a clean driving record the last 3 yrs and at least 12 months of insurance. They all had that on the lead but not even half complied with that. Since they couldn't guarantee you anything, you simply lost out every time. None of these leads go by a human filter. We received leads from "Tiger Woods", "Paul Mitchell", "Jack Russell", "Katy Perry", etc.
        NOt to mention the bogus emails we got as well.

NetQuoteCaution Agents: They are stealing your money!!!

I've been an insurance agent for several years. Internet leads are a natural source of prospecting for new business. There are some good company's out there, but unfortunatley there are some very bad. The very bad is led by Netquote. I was purchasing 5-8 leads a day from Netquote and started noticing a large increase in bad leads. There are always a decent percentage of bad leads but mine incrreased dramatically. My ability to get credits for these leads was also cut off by Netquote so I called. I had to get fairly agressive with the CS reps and ask repeatedly to speak to a supervisor. I did speak to a supervisor who basically told me that the company saw that they were loosing too much money on credits (mentioned 10million dollars) so they cap it so the company can make more money. I explained that they are not providing the service that they agree to provide for payment. If you track your leads and keep good records, you will see that they send out the same leads in a rotation. If anyone ever actually took the time to start a class action suit against Netquote and were able to tear agpart their operation and records..they would be toast. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! There are plenty of other compays out there that provide the same service and do a much better job at it without trying to steal your money.
      Here is an email that was sent by the Netquote rep:
      ":Spoke with Jillian, Loss Prevention Dept, 6/28/11. Stated it doesn't matter who I talk to up to the CEO of the company, there will be no credits issued above 25% no matter how many bad leads are sent. Said coversation will be recorded and be able to be pulled and used if needed in any legal matter. Conversation took place 9:13am 6/28/2011."

NetQuote — NetQuote has resold my information quarterly for two years

Around two years ago, I completed a NetQuote quote-request form via Facebook. Shortly thereafter, I received...

NetQuoteSCAM SCAM SCAM BEWARE!!!!!

I was told all the great stuff, signing up. But once I submitted my $100, the games begin. NONE of the lead for my 15 free test, even knew about insurance. I have know Idea how they are getting these contacts. I think its from up free stuff on the interent, where you have to put your information in. But every single lead had now idea abolut getting insurance. then I canceled my account, on my 13 th lead. and you know it, they sent me 4 more leads. and told me that they have 72 hours to respond to the email. so they trying to keep $30 from account. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! but they havent heard the last from me...

NetQuoteUnethical Business Practices

Recently this company has implemented a refund cap on their "product" regardless of how much of it is actually bad. After hitting my cap, because they average 60% bullsh**, I was locked out of returning leads and was sent a string of leads that were "I just want to win (Vic Secret, Starbucks) gift card" and they repeatedly refused to return my $70 that they were over charging me. For the consumer, it gives agents a bad name, for the agent, this company steals from the agents they are here to "serve". STAY AWAY

• Al
              a life agent Jul 12, 2011

the same exact thing has happened to me...the last 2 months of leads from net quote have averaged over 55% bad leads...and that is 55% of the ones i could reach within their 10-day time limit...i don't think its an exaggeration to say that 75% of their leads are bogus with numerous disconnected numbers, phone numbers that don't belong to the prospects listed, a huge percentage of people who state they never went online to make this inquiry...people who were even deceased for several years...and the other 25% so-called "good" leads are being called by upwards of 15 agents and those people are not happy about that as well...i agree with the orignal post...STAY AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE RIPPED-OFF!

• Sh
              SHAUN BEAUREAGRD Mar 26, 2013

Ditto on that nd i got locked out in february where i had 10 leads and submitted for credit on 2 of them. then they where almost volunteering to cancel my zip codes .. my guess is so they can sell the same crappy leads they have been reguritating to me for the past 4 years. many times they person has state they had that car 3 years ago but have a new car now. And when i brought that up they said they have no control if people ener wrong info. My thoughs are she knew 5 minutes a go what kid of car she drives, she was able to tell me. i think there sales reps actually enter old leads through the system as new again.

NETQUOTESSCAM

NETQUOTES CONTACTED ME SAYING THAT I OWE THEM $2000 IN CHARGES WHICH IS COMPLETELY FALSE. THEY SATEED THAT THEY PROVIDED LEADS AND THE LEADS WERE NOT PAID FOR 2 YRS AGO. MY EMAIL WAS USED FOR THE LEADS TO BE SENT TO AND I ORDER THEM WITH A COMPANY CREDIT CARD FROM MY COMPNAY D ZONE INSURANCE BACK IN 2008 (A COMPANY CREDIT CARD).
            THEY CLAIM THEY SENT LEADS TO MY EMAIL THAT WERENT PAID FOR, AND SOMEHOW MY NAME IS MIXED IN THIS SAYING I OWE $2000 TO THEM, IM THINKING HOW DO I OWE?? IF THE CARD WAS IN DZONE INSURANCE NAME, WOULDNT THE COMPANY OWE BESIDES, THE CARD IS SUPPOSE TO BE CHARGED AS THE LEADS COME IN. NOT CREATE A DEBT THEN SAY SOMEONE HAS TO PAY $2000. I OWE THIS COMPANY 0 AND I WANT MY NAME CLEARED FROM THIS .RIPOFF

NetQuote Lead ServiceBad Leads-Ignore written cancellation

Company is selling bad leads and refusing to respond to cancellation notices, emails and have long wait on telepohne calls to their customer service number. 100 % of the 15 free leads supplied replied were wrong nmbers or the person denied submitting any online information. When I cancelled in writing and stopped using the leads, they kept sending leads to email until the bill was more than $ 1000.00. When I tried to reach them by telephone, I got answering machines telling me that the wait was ten minues or more. I got through on one occasion, explained the situation, sent a email to the person I spoke to and still never got a response in writting after I told him I was not going to pay. No response at all to any of my written communication and then a call saying they want to sue if I don't settle, even though I did not even call the leads after the first 15 and then the written cancellation notice. All of these leads were dead leads.

Netquote.comMisleading info

This website states you can receive quotes (I was searching for home insurance) online from several companies to compare. Instead, there is no online comparison...after you input your information, all the agents from different insurance companies begin calling you. Within one minute of transmitting my information online, I had two different agents calling me!! I have a disability and find it hard to talk on the phone for any length of time. This was exactly what I was trying to avoid...talking to all these agents. If that had been clearly stated by Netquote, I would not have participated. I have contacted their offices and requested they remove my contact information. This appears to be nothing more than a place that "says" they will help you compare companies...but all it does is forward your information to agents. Heck, I could have called the agents myself..but now I'm at the mercy of marketing calls for who knows how long. They should have an "opt out" system. Beware you may get something you don't plan on dealing with unless you really check them out.

• Bl
                    bluebox42 Jul 16, 2011

NetQuote has you enter all your information and then sends you nothing! no quotes at all, just places to contact. There was not one quote listed and I am pretty sure my phone will be ringing off the wall first thing in the morning.

• Df
                    dfasfadfwafwafd Nov 10, 2011

I received almost 20 harassment calls after requesting quote from this website. Only LibertyMutual left a voicemail other callers call with unknown number and no voicemail left, they just keep calling server times a day.

NetQuoteSelling Information to over-zelous 'Sales' agents

My name and phone number was sold to crazy 'insurance agents' who call me 25 times per day, are verbally abusive, and refuse to stop harrassing me. [protected] 8:52pm
                  [protected] 8:54pm
                  [protected] 2:17pm
                  [protected] 3:24pm
                  [protected] 4:19pm

NetQuote / Sales Leads — Sales Leads, Service, Accounting, and Billing

Veteran Agent get's Scammed! What you've read on this site is mostly true. Is there enough of u...

NetQuoteDeceptive Business Practice

DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE - FREE TRIAL OFFER OF 15 LEAD is a SCAM!!! -- BEWARE

Internet offer solicit as "Test drive 15 Free Leads up to a $200 value", but BEWARE Sales rep pretend to be helpful to get you started, but in reality once you sign up for the Free Trial you are STIFF with free bogus lead + you are NOT allow to cancel the trial period.

I sign up for a their Free Trial to test there lead system & found that the quality of their leads are horrible and their website are a complete joke. After I tried it out for less than a week I called in to cancel my account & learn that I am stuck with their FAKE contratual agreement of min $200 charge... They gave me a choice of either spending $200 on leads or cancel & they will bill me $200. WHAT A JOKE!!! Instead of letting them bill be I decided to tell them to put my account on HOLD status to prevent more BOGUS lead from coming in & filed a BBB complaint.

Make sure your voice is heard & prevent another person from falling into Netquote's TRAP!!!

• Mm
                        mmeh Dec 28, 2010

I totally agreed with you. They are a blood suckers!!! Totally scam and inhumane. I can't believe I fell into their trap. What on earth that we are obligated to this stuff. I even told them i don't want it and they still sent it and they gonna charge me!! I didn't even bother to call those people. It' is totally SCAM. I don't know what word would fit them.

NetQuoteSold my name, #, +bogus info to insurance agents

I am outraged that I have received 10 or 12 calls from people wanting to sell me life insurance within the last week. I NEVER requested information, never submitted any information! I am shocked to learn that my name and phone number has been misused 1) to provoke me and 2) to charge agents $30 for the phoney lead.
                      I will report it to the BBB tomorrow, and other agencies.

Louise Hart
                      ---------
                      Letter of complaint from agent who paid $30 for my contact information:
                      -----Original Message-----
                      From: [protected]@aol.com
                      To: [protected]@netquote.com; [protected]@netquote.com
                      Sent: Thu, Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm
                      Subject: Re: Credit Request for Lead [protected] /Complaint

I just spoke to a Ms.Louise Hart.
                      She is totally surprised about this. She was born in 1937 not 1984 and lives in the same address but the rest of the information is bogus and was

made up!

I am going to file a formal complaint with the authorities about the way you hook agents and brokers up on this type of scam and charge us an

exorbitant amount to provide us with genuine inquiries not bogus leads.

For your information again and again, this is the only person I was able to talk to since I have used your service. She is going to file a complaint for

using her name and number and selling it to dozens of people (she has received many calls from agents like myself!).

You must stop sending me leads from this point and terminate your miserable contract Immediately and confirming this to me within

24 hours!

Please refrain from charging my account because I have all the records and based on the time and effort I have put into trying to reach these leads,

I am entitled to refund of what you have already charged on my card. At this point I am not going to claim anything for my lost time and effort.

However, If you do not take this communication seriously, I will take some more time and sue you for conducting a fraudulent business because by

conducting business like this you are not only profiting but you are also endangering agents and brokers reputation and livelihood! No wonder people

are afraid of trusting each other!

Harry Dadras

[protected]

Licensed California Life and Health Agent

First license date 1980

johninlongmont May 13, 2010

they advertise 15 free leads but then try force you to sign up for their fee based services

• Je
                          JeffGot May 21, 2010

I experienced the same situation with Netquote.com . I received 5 emails in response to an auto insurance quote request, however, I did not request a quote for insurance. The quotes provided were for a car I do not have and for a quote I did not request. My name, email and address provided to the agents is accurate but I did not request anything.

After further review, it appears that netquote is the delivery service of my "lead" information to these agents. From my research, Netquote has a reputation for selling bogus leads to insurance agents. See http://www.complaintsboard.com and type in netquote. I will be happy to support any of your positions with netquote regarding their false delivery of information, and charging partners for bogus info. (contact me by email at [email protected])

The business that I received emails from are: Geico, Amica, American Family and Statefarm.

I emailed each of the agents and notified them of the deception and delivery of bogus info. If this happens to you as a consumer, contact the BBB. If you are an agent, do your research and you will quickly recognize that this is not an isolated occurrence.

• Ph
                          PHX Oct 18, 2010

I am experiencing the same thing. I have been receiving calls from auto insurance companies saying I submitted a quote on NetQuote.com. I have never been on this site, nor am I in the market for new insurance. They have an old mailing address and a phony email address and DOB. Something is fishy.

• Tr
                          trent york Nov 26, 2010

companies like netquote and allwebleads, they completely bombard you, they screw over agents and customers alike. I went through this years ago, here is the bottom line.

Best source for auto: 21st century or Geico

home: Chubb group

Life Insurance: YourLifeSolution.com, which isn't an insurance company but an instant quote service, no information required

there I just saved you a massive amount of hassle! :)

• Pa
                          PA NJ insurance guy Dec 17, 2011

NetQuote is dishonest toagents because even when you can document that a lead is false(returned mail undeliverable for example), they refuse to credit the account. Or when you can document the bad lead, but do not provise it in their limited window of time they will not rebate the lead. I have gotten phone calls from irate people who want to know where I got their name. I refer them to Netquote to let them explain the dishonesty. There is no substitute for just advertising the traditional way.

• Re
                          resq Mar 09, 2013

Resq environmental - Mold testing and mold certified inspectors in California provides expert mold testing, mold inspection and mold consulting services as well as dust mite and allergy removal to the southern California region.

ResQ Environmental
                          www.resqenvironmental.com
                          CEH/CMI/CMR
                          Green Company

NetQuoteDishonesty

I signed up for this service, when I was an insurance agent...the leads were bogus and repeats...most of them were the same:no interest;bogus name;bogus contact info and/or just no interest("Uh...We already bought insurance last week..." even though I replied the same day that the lead was sent to me)and etc etc.I quit them during the trial period and they continued to send me leads.I ALWAYS replied to them(when they sent me these leads) by email and/or phoned them-but they continued to send me these "leads"( and of course the bills for them) even after I left the Insurance industry.
                        I would not reccomend this company to ANYONE-especially if you are new to the business and in need of REAL leads...you would be better served if you found a real and effective Lead source-which this certainly is not.

• Th
                            Thomas Jun 14, 2008

NetQuote, Took $51.00 out of my account after I cancelled my account through emails and phone calls. I left the insurance company I was working for 60 days ago. I was charged for insurance leads that I never received. After talking to the head of complaints, T___, he agreed to not charge me for the remainder of the leads which was $21.00. If he was willing to see his wrong on the $21.00, why isn't willing to see it for the $51.00. NetQuote will not be able to use my old account number because it was destroyed. I have a new card now. What a hassle, this was. If I did business this way I would loose my insurance license and be put in jail. I will contact the BBB in Denver and the State Attorney General's Office and whatever else I can do as a citizen of the USA to help others.

I SUGGEST EVERYONE USE WISE JUDGEMENT WHEN LOOKING FOR INSURANCE OR INSURANCE LEADS!

• Ti
                            Tim Jul 10, 2008

I am still receiving automated emails regarding an account I supposedly closed over three months ago. I was told when I started it that I had a three month free trial and they were going to control the flow of leads to stay within the parameters of that trial. Long story short, I received an email today from their collections dept. trying to hit me up for $1410! I never used a single lead!!! I forwarded my previous messages that I had saved indicating in bright bold letters to cancel my account immediately, yet apparently nobody ever processed my request. I'm furious! Nobody should use this service...it's a complete scam!

anonymous Aug 16, 2008

I am a broker and have used NetQuote. They care very little about agents or brokers. They regularly sell leads from bad affiliates even after they say they will stop that practice.

Many of their leads (health insurance) are from prospects that had no intentions of getting a quote. They were responding to surveys etc...free ipods etc...

Stay away from Netquote. They are a very bad lead company.

Andy O Dec 11, 2009

The internet is littered with complaints from agents who have signed up for services provided by Netquote. Those services were to obtain contact information for individuals that were seeking help with health insurance and wanted to be contacted by an agent.

Instead we were sent names of people who though they were getting items such as free i-pods.

They have become the largest provided of these services by taking advantages of agents that are trying to make a living by assisting people that want our help, not selling us bogus information.

They are now trying to extort $1000 from me in unpaid balances. Although they have admitted some fault and have agreed to credit $400.

I am looking for agents who have encountered the same problems and would like to file suit against them to protect other agents from falling prey to their unethical sales practices.

• Cc
                            CCMPUMP13 Apr 19, 2010

NetQuote is a TERRIBLE insurance leads service. Don't WASTE your $$$$$ on these insurance leads. There leads are not real time or valid most of the time. They also sell them to other companies so when you call to contact the lead name. You and 10 other insurance agents are calling the same person. I can't tell you how many complaints I received from customers asking me how I got their names and phone numbers. NetQuote also charged my credit card $50 after I cancelled my account in March and then argued with me on the phone that they wouldn't credit my account back after I spent over $1, 700 for a bad leads and terrible customer service. STAY AWAY from NETQUOTE...

• Al
                            Alva Stagner Oct 19, 2010

My wife was looking around for Insurance.Some how Net Quote got our info and SOLD it to Im not sure how many people. Now I am recieving 10 to 15 calls per day.Every time I excuse myself out of a meeting to answer buisness cell phone, I get a computerized voice recording. I am working with the State of Florida. I am driving to Tallahassee to take both house phone and cell phone to show Insurance Regulator how they are selling my # without my permision.I am going to do everything in my power to have them arrested and put out of buisness. They are blowing up my phone on a daily basis.PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFO OR YOUR #. These people are the lowest form of life living.i consider them bottom feeders.I am not sure whiich trailer park they work out of, But they are very rude, nasty and unprofessional.It would not be so bad, If when they called a person, They would be on the other line to greet you.But all I get is automated messages.I was in three meeting yesterday, and I had to excuse myself three times to answer my cell phone, only to have a computerized voice recording of a sales pitch.THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH COMMON COURTESY TO SPEAK TO YOU AND GREET YOU WHEN THEY CALL.Lets all get together and put an end to this.These people must have no education, or any morals.There phone # is [protected] Lets all call them all day long and let them see how it feels to have your phone blown up all day.What they are doing is is against the law.I might have to change my buisness #. And if I do, I will be taking them to court and asking for damages.I can not run a buisness, when they are selling my info to the general public. WHAT A BUNCH OF UNDER ACHIVERS AND LOOSERS.I would sugest Contacting The Colorado Attorney General. I will be doing so today

• Dv
                            Dvips May 25, 2011

I wanted to shop for a quote via online. Now I have jerks calling me with MY personal information. I am sick of this and consider it criminal . I wish the Law in Our country would go back to punishing Scammer. I am going to press hard now to expose thes IDIOTS.
                            If they don't have a way to contact them to ask questions without gathering Information They are Liars. Don't give any information to these people. Once you do it you cannot get it back.
                            If you are selling insurance and want a good customer . I am shopping and will purchase only from a company that does NOT scam or use Scammers to get customers.

Andrew Fly Jan 26, 2013

Yes, I agree
                            The phone number get's tobe sold to as many agents, as willing to pay for your phone number
                            BTW...agents get's screwed too
                            They are two Russian guys, working out of Horth Hollywood, CA

NetQuoteUnauthorized charges/billing

When I originally agreed to use their lead services for individual health quotes, I was adamant that my budget was for approximately $100 per month in leads. As I do mostly group benefits, this was the number of leads (about 20 each month) that I had time, and extra money, to follow up on.

Dec '08 was perfect, and I got charged in Jan for the $98. Although the quality of leads wasn't what I expected at all. Some of the families were just browsing, and weren't seriously interested at all. Okay, one or two I understand.

Then, in January I wasn't receiving any, so I sent an email (which I just got a response to on March 13th!) as to why I hadn't received any leads. Later that week, a couple of them showed up in my email inbox. February 27th, they billed my checking account for $616! 88 leads of which I received less than 20!

Now, they are trying to recharge my account for another $580, even though I immediately called and cancelled. I cannot get any supervisor on the phone...I just have hourly idiots telling me that I was wrong, that I am just getting the leads for the territories (aka zip codes) I signed up for...which I never verbally or otherwise agreed to. My agreement was for a specific number of MAXIMUM leads each month and that was it.

Now, I'm so far behind in that account that I've had to switch all of my direct deposits to a different account(because it threw my budget off by over $500, not to mention the fact that all my insurance premiums, including E&O coverage, have bounced. I've paid over $300 in overdraft fees.

If I treated my clients like this, I would have my licenses yanked.

• Rr
                              R Reggie Oct 07, 2009

In September 2009 I agreed to $3 dollar auto leads, min $200 purchase. I have received my first bill, almost $400 with an average lead cost of $6.50.

Thus far, most prospects are unemployed, no prior insurance and have bad credit therefore only quailify for nonstandard auto carriers.

I called the customer service line and spoke with the Netquote rep that set up my account and was informed another CSR would have to fix it, but it should'nt be a problem. He gladly transferred me to the Lead CSR whom I had to leave a message for and today I received an email from another Netquote CSR informing me that they do not have $3 auto leads.

Good thing all calls from and to my office are legally recorded... I have a feeling I'm going to need them.

NetQuoteStay away!

STAY AWAY FROM NETQUOTE. The quality of the leads are extremely poor. I was not told that the leads would also go to 3 or 4 other local agents. I had to sign up for three months and was promised highest quality leads. If you get a false name they will give you credit if you notify them within 48 hours. My big problem came after I canceled the service. They called two weeks later to inquire how I liked the service. I told them it was a very poor investment on my part. He asked if they could provide free home leads as they should be better. I agreed to the free home leads in order to evaluate them as he suggested.

However, those leads were just as bad and then without my authorization they started charging my credit card. AS soon as I noticed the billing, I called to complain but got nowhere. I asked to cancel all services. They billed me once again and I again called to complain. Then they took an 'official' cancellation. I am now having a hell of a time getting Capital One to take the charges off. I may have to contact our Atty General to see what can be done about unauthorized credit card charges.

• Jc
                                jcw Dec 09, 2008

Netquote.com is 100% crooks. scammers.

• Jc
                                jcw Dec 09, 2008

Yes, netquote is 100% scammers & crooks

• Lf
                                Lfick Feb 10, 2009

I agree with you stay away from netquotes they put 10 leads on my trial month of 15 leads that I did not authorize or ask for they did not tell me that I had to buy per zip code or how it even worked. They charged me 165 dollars for crappy leads!

• Ds
                                ds86 Apr 23, 2009

As for Capital One, you should switch to American Express. Their dispute is great and usually reverse the charges if it was a scam.

NetQuote — Scam and cheating!

In short, the Sales Agent for Netquote.com, called to offer me a 'Free Trial' service of leads. He...