Menu
CVS Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

CVS
reviews & complaints

cvs.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 3335 Reviews

CVS Complaints Summary

283 Resolved
3036 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from CVS with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for CVS has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CVS. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest CVS reviews & complaints

C
12:01 am EST

CVS Two people in front of your store asking for money for their organization

I have been going to CVS on Reems and Greenway in Surprise, Az for a very long time. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. Yesterday I was approached by a man and woman that were standing there with tables set up for their organization to collect money. I said I do not have any extra cash and they said OH WAIT WE WILL TAKE YOUR CREDIT CARD. I said no and kept on walking the man would not leave me along, and we got into a spitting contest. He was swearing at me in Spanish and making noises and making fun of me. I complained to the manager by phone and he said he told them to leave. People should NOT BE HARASSED by going to your stores. I feel like taking my scripts over to Walgreens now,, at least I would not be bothered by two [censored]s Just thought I would let you know

Cindy Schmidt

[protected]

15587 W. Mescal

Surprise, Az 85379

12:26 pm EST

CVS Non compliance with Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act

The Virginia Consumer Protection Act, which became effective in January 2023, requires retailers to permit consumers in Virginia to opt out of having their personal data sold to third parties and also requires retailers, upon request, to provide copies all data already collected to the consumer.

I have tried without success, in countless phone calls and emails, over three days, to request my rights from CVS.

Desired outcome: To have CVS contact me to provide me with guidance in enforcing my legal rights under the Virginia consumer protection law.

B
8:08 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy

The pharmaceutical staff refuse to fill pain medicine several times even after having the medicine be a reoccurring prescription. My doctors always approved and have to argue to have my meds filled. On 2/28/23 they filled the 2 prescriptions my pain and muscle relaxer then took it back claiming the pharmacist had to call Dr for approval which should have been done days prior as promised. This is a cycle every time I have these same prescriptions filled.

Desired outcome: I want compensation for my time without my meds and the mental strain of dealing with the staff arguing for my meds. This should not happen.

11:04 am EST

CVS Pharmacy Not Answering Phone

I am a chronic pain patient due to a herniation in my spine and, later, a fusion to solve the herniation. I have been getting my medicine here since December of 21. I get a 15 day script each time due to the medicine and every 15 days, I'm stuck sitting on hold for 30+ minutes waiting on them to pick up. I've even had to transfer to another CVS location because the pharmacist at the Port Charlotte location said that they would not fill any of my medicine as "I didn't need it". I also have an issue now where everything requires a prior auth and they fight me on wanting to self-pay. I've currently been sat on the phone with the 2400 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda, FL location for 52 minutes and counting (it's too the point that the automated system is messing up hard). I am very frustrated, pissed, and I'm very tempted to take this all the way to Corporate.

Desired outcome: I would like them to answer the phone (and I know they aren't busy because every time I go into to get my medicine, the phone is ringing off the hook and they refuse to answer) and I would like to be allowed to self-pay, as is my right.

12:35 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy

I called the CVS Goldust branch in Scottsdale AZ for a refill for my mother. I never received a text or call saying it was ready so I called today and the woman who answered said she was not eligible for a refill for 90 days. I said the bottle is empty and was originally filled in Sept. She said it was called in already 3 days ago. I said yes that is why I am calling to see if it is ready, she said she cannot refill it until May! It is CVS baby aspirin. She put me on hold, came back, and asked me what I wanted. I told her I was holding for her to find out where it is. She again said it wasn't due for a refill and to check the bottle. The bottle had qty 30 0 refills. I told her we never filled it since Sept. She hung up on me. I called the store and asked for a manager. A woman picked up and I explained what happened. She said there is nothing I can do the pharmacy girl was a floater and to call my Dr. Why would I call the Dr.? They never called me to tell me I had to call the Dr. I gave them his name when I originally called it in. I asked to speak to a pharmacy manager or store manager and she said she will leave a message and he will call me tomorrow! This is going on a week now. I need the medication!

I told her I would go to another CVS or Frys from now on. Such unprofessionalism from the pharmacy person and no manager to talk to. This branch is terrible and we will switch our medications to Fry from now on.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and response

N
2:07 pm EST

CVS Poor Management

Poor customer service and production at the CVS pharmacies in Odenton MD. The employees are extremely slow and lazy, delays time after time and not taking care of their responsabilities in timely manner.

K
11:54 am EST

CVS pharmacy in Attalla Alabama store number #4972

I want to start off my saying I have NEVER felt the need to complain about any store or have to come in a website and do this. This has happened multiple times and I’m sure happens to others. So far I am four days past needing my medication from cvs because the rude workers in the pharmacy are telling me the insurance has not approved it. They told me to call my doctor and have them figure it out? Well my doctor did forgive it out for me thankfully she wanted to help me! Anyways yesterday my doctors office and insurance both said my medication had been approved and they didn’t know why cvs was showing it was not or why they couldn’t get it right. I would not be surprised if the girl at the pharmacy was lying just because she can the reason I say this is because the medication is for suboxone and so far I have never felt more judged in addiction reviver more than I have at cvs pharmacy and that says ALOT! Not last time but the time before when j was calling about my prescription because I had yet to revive a call to pick it up knowing my doctor had sent it in. The lady preceded to tel me I was trying to fill my prescription early and that insurance won’t allow that? Even though I knew I was actually almost three days PAST DUE. But that’s not all she then presided to call my doctors office and try to tell them I was I guess trying to abuse my medication. Well my doctors office called me the same sweet lady helping me today and told me the told the lady at cvs that I was not abusing my medication and that it was correct time for me to be getting it! I will be using a different pharmacy next month it’s just hard bc this one is close to my house and we live in small town Alabama I’m sure doesn’t help with this situation (Bible Belt) but anyways just want better for the next person possibly going through this journey of recovery save them the judgment and hard time! Thank you!

Desired outcome: People working there to be trained that they can not treat people like this at their job or fear of unemployment from treating people wrongly. If people believe they can do this and get away with it it gets worse.

P
2:16 pm EST

CVS Cvs silverhill road

That's the worst cvs in history the pharmacy is extremely slow maybe the head quarters is racist and don't give a [censored] makes no sense and they don't even answer the phone it's a terrible terrible company

do better and help the lines move faster you have everyone filling scripts while people wait in line for an hour to pick up their meds. I hate this store

Desired outcome: HIRE PEOPLE AND FIX THE PROBLEM

R
1:51 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy

Pharmacy store #3582 in Hendersonville NC, Pharmacist rude and incompetent each time you call. Amy ( was rude when I asked her name) is very agitated easily if she has to answer the phone, she does not slow down to listen to your questions, talks over you , uses rude comments unnecessarily. She could not comprehend the nature of my call due to the reasons listed above and processed a prescription ( I later saw on my app) that wasnt requested.

The store front has excellent customer service however, the Pharmacy is a disaster! They need a reminder that Customers will always remember how you treat them. Amy is a very poor representation of your company.

Desired outcome: Call call an apology AND answers to my question. I still have a question about how my prescription per the letter I received in the mail today.

Read full review of CVS and 1 comment

Good luck, they are the worst Pharmacy on the Planet . I miss Rite Aid

J
6:10 pm EST

CVS Legg's hosiery

I purchased 4 pks of Legg's hosiery online through a local CVS store. I picked it up from the store, but when I got home I noticed that one of the items was the incorrect color from what I had ordered. I purchased from this store, although it was not close to me because they had the items in stock. I thought I could just return the incorrect item for the correct item at the CVS closest to me. However, when I went to the store, the clerk, a young male, told me that the item could not be just swapped out due to inventory issues. I completely understand this, so I asked to return the incorrect item and purchase the correct item. He told me "No", that I would have to return it to the store from which I bought it! That was not the worst part. When I asked if I could leave the correct item, that I had brought to the register to purchase, with him to reshelve, he told me "absolutely not!" Unbelievable! I can't believe the lack of customer service and the rudeness. I can understand mistakes being made by someone filling an order, but not of the unwillingness to correct the mistake. I am very disappointed with CVS and it's employees. Something should be done! Maybe better managment and oversite. Hoefully this young man was not a manager!

Desired outcome: To see CVS desire my business, however if not, there is always Weis Market, Walmart, and Giant who are always willing to solve issues like this efficiently and courteously!

C
6:46 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy

I picked up my meds on 01/15/2023 and 30 days from that day falls on the 13th of February.. the pharmacist apparently has a problem with me and says I can't pick them up til the 15th of February when I will be out of my medicine. I have gone to this pharmacy for many years and this sunny guy is very rude and I feel like I am being singled out because of my pain meds Im sorry but this will be the last month I will use CVS because I shouldn't have to suffer because this Sunny doesn't know the laws or yet lone read a calendar.

Desired outcome: apparently sunny needs more training

10:05 am EST

CVS Cvs Vitamin brand name and nature made

Most of the vitamins on the shelves in Kennesaw Georgia are EXPIRED the distribution dates say 2018 and 2019. They shouldn’t be on shelves and the ones I bought are not working seems like . Have employees check the tiny dates or us customers won’t buy them we will go elsewhere. That’s important especially since the virus was around and other viruses

Desired outcome: Please refund me by mail I bought 28.00 dollars worth

7:20 am EST

CVS Passport photo

My husband and I were on holiday in Washington, DC and visited the CVS Pharmacy on 14th St NW and New York Avenue NW on Friday 9 September 2022. My husband is an American citizen living in the UK and needed to renew his passport. His passport photo was taken at the above CVS store and he received a Certificate for Biometric Passport Photos which stated that "the parameters listed below have been checked and verified for compliance for your passport". He has just submitted his passport renewal application to the American Embassy in London, only for it to be rejected as the background colour was incorrect. How can this be when he received a confirming certificate? Your website states that "we guarantee they meet all mandatory government parameters". How many more people have been affected by this inaccuracy? I attach the letter from the US Embassy stating that is having rejected the application.

Desired outcome: Please refund the cost of the passport photos which were $16.99. My husbabnd's email is [protected]@btinternet.comPlease contact him direct concering his refund.

View 0 more photos
J
6:59 pm EST

CVS The cashier who happened to be part of the management team or so it said that on her name tag.

I have been using the same CVS location for 25+ YEARS and I have never been treated SO rudely and it was a “management member” or so it said on her name tag. This took place at the CVS located at 9151 SOUTH OLDE STATE ROAD IN LEWIS CENTER, OHIO on 2/7/2023 at 4:57 p.m. My receipt says the cashiers name was Jennifer but her name tag said Jeanne & management member. The management member is what REALLY ticks me off because the lady that usually checks me out is SO EXTREMELY NICE AND HELPFUL and she’s just a “cashier”. SHE should earn Jeanne’s salary! Jeanne was slamming my items on the counter and throwing them in bags. Jeanne walked away in a huff before my receipt was even printed out. I said to her “You must be having a bad day” and she responded with a nasty look and said nope! I said very loudly as I was exiting the store have a nice evening Jeanne! Other customers witnessed her behavior and just looked at me, smiled and shook their heads as to say right on girlfriend! I usually only take the time to give someone a rave review/compliment but I had to express what took place at this location. I can only hope she is at the very least made aware of this complaint and I can’t imagine I’m the first person to have this issue with her. She definitely shouldn’t be permitted to deal with customers. Janet H

Desired outcome: I’d appreciate a response and I would like to know that the person involved was spoken to. It’s one of those things where you had to be there to witness it to know how really rude she was.

12:02 pm EST

CVS Tobramycin-Deameth Ophth Susp 3 drops 3X's a day for 1 week

This medication was prescribed as stated for one week and Rx was for one 5ml dose. My complaint is that I received 2 5ml at the cost of $109.88 which is something I can't afford as a senior citizen I spoke with customer service last week and they recommended speaking with the pharmacist which I declined to do since I know they would say that can't take Rx's back.

Desired outcome: Please refund and I would appreciate a responseThank youBarbara Murphyy

G
11:47 am EST

CVS Pharmacy and pharmacist Hours and Transfer

Being a customer and subscriber for years and frequenting my local CVS located at 1150 NE 26 St. Wilton Manors, Fl. for prescriptions and shopping, I became aware of the store hours were being changed as well as the pharmacist (Alicia Libero)being transferred to another CVS location.

I am extremely disappointed being she has been the life blood contact for many patrons, assisting with coordinating prescriptions written by Doctors as well as dealing with insurance companies to insure coverage. She and her staff have consistently gone out of their way to help everyone with any issue.

It's a sincere request to reconsider relocating her and have her remain at the location where she has been for years.

Thank you for taking my message and hope that a positive solution would result in my request.

George Kvocka

2827 NW 12 Ave

Wilton Manors, FL 33311

Desired outcome: Status of the location personnel remain intact and no changes made.

11:30 am EST

CVS Telemarketing

Since mid-November 2022 I have been getting phone solicitations from a phone boiler room operation that is representing CVS Pharmacies trying to get me to order various items covered by Medicare. I have repeatedly asked them to remove my number from their system, but they just hang up or argue that they cannot do that. I attempted to call the corporate offices and found them to be just as bad! They bounce you from one computerized system to another, and when you get to a human, he or she will hear what you are calling about and hang up. They are harassing me, and I suspect others as well. One operator at the headquarters was apologetic, however she was just the operator and had to route my call to another office. If this continues, I will contact the U. S. Attorney General's Office and file a formal complaint.

Desired outcome: I want them to stop calling me.

12:14 am EST

CVS Service

2/4/23 I been looking for a 24/7 Pharmacy since my kid have a fever and everywhere it’s close. I drove 40 minutes to CVS store #2005. Since I saw in the CVS app it’s 24/7. As soon as I arrive time 12:01pm. The manager close the door on my face. Mind you temperature outside it’s 30 degrees. I’m telling through the glass. Why are you close if app says 24/7? And his response was… “Because I can, go away and deal with it”. I’m extending disappointed with the way CVS train their employees. Employees aren’t trained properly to deal with any one honestly. And their app needs to be updated, because I just drove 40 minutes to Store #2005, for no reason.

Desired outcome: I need Corporate to contact ASAP on this matter. And Corporate HAVE TO UPDATE the CVS app.

7:23 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CVS Lazy and rude staff in the pharmacy department

This location has lazy staff that do not run the prescription through the insurance company and insist on the customer paying out of pocket for it. And when I ask to run the prescription through the insurance company, I get attitude and rudness. This has happened too many times now. This is unacceptable.
Upon speaking with the pharmacy manager Robert, and telling him the situation, he was just as useless as his staff. I got nowhere, not even an apology at best. He just stood there looking at me like a deer in headlights.

Desired outcome: Hire customer service professionals that know what they are doing. Or provide training to the existing staff so they can do their job right.

R
11:35 am EST

CVS Continued poor customer service

I have been a customer at CVS pharmacy for a number of years now and have had nothing but poor customer service from day one. 2 of my medications are mandatory seizure medications that if not taken twice daily could force me to go to the ER.2 others are pain medications. All 4 have been a problem to refill multiple times. Obviously, the 2 seizure medications are more important and life threatening, but the other pain medications are important to me. Let me provide an example of how this usually happens.  I have refills for each medication every month.  They are not automatically refilled so I call in a few days before.  Every time, the same answer is given - "they will be ready on  (insert date here)."

I have to call in every morning until the day of pickup to make sure they are available. I am always told the same thing. "It will be ready in an hour"
They are never ready and when I go in 2 hours to pick them up I am told 1 of 2 things.
1 - "come back in a little while"2 - "it is ordered and will be ready tomorrow"
Rarely are they ready later that day.

Most of the time I come back or call the next day and the process repeats.
Now comes the most frustrating part.  I call in 5 days in a row and am told the medication will be ready the following day... Just to be clear, that is 5 days in a row that they are not ready and am told they will be ready the following day, which they are not. Then on the 5th or 6th day I am told they do not know when they will be ready and I should call my doctor.  My doctor has ordered the medications multiple times and has consistently told me they are ordered.  My doctor is not and has never been the problem. This is really pissing me off and now I am forced to write this email to let you know about this, and that pharmacies need to be held accountable for people's safety.

Especially if the medications are not taken properly, I will end up in the hospital after having a seizure! Imagine an elderly person with a disability, hearing issue, dementia, or simply has a hard time getting to and from the pharmacy.  And imagine they have medications that keep them alive and as healthy as possible without unnecessary pain and suffering. This email will be sent to as many employees and upper brass of CVS I can find, and also posted all over social media and news outlets until CVS fixes the problem.

And throughout this whole nightmare CVS employees are consistently rude over the phone and in person even when I am as polite as I can be given the circumstances.
Sincerely, a former loyal customer and now arch nemesis,

RAH

Desired outcome: Public apology and acknowledgement of problem with solution.

CVS Customer Reviews Overview

CVS is a popular online pharmacy that offers a wide range of products and services to its customers. The website has received numerous positive reviews from customers who have used its services. One of the most notable positive points of CVS is its user-friendly website, which makes it easy for customers to navigate and find what they are looking for. The website also offers a variety of products at competitive prices, which has been praised by many customers.

Another positive point of CVS is its customer service. The company has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have. Customers have praised the company for its quick response times and helpfulness.

CVS also offers a variety of services, including prescription refills, flu shots, and health screenings. Customers have praised the company for its convenience and accessibility, as many of these services can be done online or at one of the company's many locations.

Overall, CVS has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers who have used its services. The company's user-friendly website, competitive prices, and excellent customer service have made it a popular choice for those in need of pharmacy services.

CVS In-depth Review

Product Range and Availability:

CVS offers a wide variety of products, ranging from everyday essentials to specialty items. Whether you need household supplies, personal care products, or over-the-counter medications, CVS has you covered. They also carry a diverse range of brands and options, ensuring that customers can find their preferred products.

Store Layout and Organization:

Navigating a CVS store is a breeze, thanks to its well-organized layout. The shelves are clean and neatly arranged, making it easy to find what you're looking for. Clear signage and labeling further enhance the shopping experience, ensuring that customers can quickly locate the products they need.

Customer Service:

CVS prides itself on its friendly and helpful staff. The employees are always ready to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns they may have. Response times are prompt, ensuring that customers receive the assistance they need in a timely manner. The staff is also knowledgeable about the products they offer, providing valuable insights and recommendations.

Pricing and Discounts:

CVS offers competitive pricing compared to other retailers, making it a cost-effective choice for customers. Additionally, they frequently provide discounts and promotions on various products, allowing customers to save even more. CVS also offers loyalty programs and rewards for customers, further enhancing the value for money.

Online Shopping Experience:

CVS's website is user-friendly, making online shopping a breeze. Customers can easily navigate through the website, browse products, and place orders with ease. The availability of online ordering and delivery options adds convenience to the shopping experience. CVS ensures the accuracy and efficiency of order fulfillment, ensuring that customers receive their products in a timely manner.

Pharmacy Services:

CVS's pharmacy services are top-notch. They offer a wide range of prescription medications, ensuring that customers can conveniently fill their prescriptions. The pharmacy staff works efficiently to fill prescriptions accurately and promptly. The pharmacists are knowledgeable and professional, providing valuable guidance and information to customers.

Health and Wellness Services:

CVS goes beyond just offering products by providing a range of health and wellness services. They offer a diverse selection of health and wellness products, catering to various needs. Customers can also seek consultations or advice from healthcare professionals, ensuring that they receive personalized guidance. In-store clinics or services further enhance the accessibility of healthcare services.

Return and Refund Policy:

CVS has a clear and fair return policy, making it easy for customers to return products if needed. The process is hassle-free, ensuring a seamless experience for customers. Refunds or exchanges are processed in a timely manner, ensuring customer satisfaction.

Community Involvement:

CVS actively engages in local community initiatives and charities. They support healthcare-related causes, contributing to public health and wellness. Their involvement in the community showcases their commitment to making a positive impact beyond their business operations.

Overall Customer Satisfaction:

Based on customer feedback and experiences, CVS receives high ratings for its overall customer satisfaction. It stands out among similar businesses in the industry due to its extensive product range, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and convenient services. While there is always room for improvement, CVS's strengths far outweigh any areas that may need enhancement.
How to file a complaint about CVS?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information in the sign-up form.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with CVS. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Prescription Filled at CVS" or "Poor Customer Service at CVS Store #123".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or service (e.g., CVS pharmacy, in-store service, online order).
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, step by step.
  • Any interactions you had with CVS employees and their responses.
  • How you attempted to resolve the issue, including any communication with CVS customer service.
  • The outcome of your complaint or issue with CVS, if any.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or health concerns.
Remember to be factual and avoid including unnecessary personal opinions or emotional language.

5. Attaching supporting documents: If you have any receipts, email correspondences, photos, or other documents that can support your complaint, attach them to the form. Do not include sensitive personal information like your Social Security number or credit card details.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with CVS. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, such as a refund, an apology, or corrective action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against CVS on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even from CVS representatives, so it's important to regularly check the status of your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

CVS contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with CVS?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CVS Customer Service. Initial CVS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CVS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CVS. Discuss the issues you have had with CVS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.