Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer / dryer stops when start button is released

Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer Won't Run If Start Button Released. I too have seen this. as it has happened to me,sept 20th 2006. went through the appliance clinic (very helpful)through there guidance it was narrowed down to the switch or the heat control board. decided that with my luck it would be the $141.61 part(Tx+sh), as i was taking the back of the console off (I now know u can take just the side clips n screws out and flip the console up with out moving it away from the wall to work) I found service techs factory crib notes on repair and diagnosis, confirmed bad board, ordered and replaced, "i am a do it yourself god" wifes happy, life is good clothes are dry....the end...Well as u can tell by the posting date, they are not! Come on Guess whats happened....yep been just bout 75 days, called parts direct (Smears)site said 90 days warranty on parts and then in ( ) 30 days on home electronics, what kinda satisfaction guaranteed is that, so ok now i call the warranty dept, transfered to parts, trans back to warranty and the kid "chuck" will send out a tech next Wednesday (8 days)to replace the "DEFECTIVE" part, under warranty i ask...pause... NO....there is a (60 DAY) warranty on that part and its been 75+ ....Duhhh, Thanks but no, dont bother sending the tech, I is one. and i just figured out how bad (SMEARS)has gotten, guess i"ll have to go back to shopping/ordering my tools from Harbor Freight,....I'm a tool repair tech by trade, but this is ridiculous....found the board on e-bay cheaper than, most local supply houses in PHX, so hey (SMEARS) from all of us DIY's please take grasp of ear lobes n tug till u hear ur head pop out of ur....

Comments

• Al
      3rd of May, 2007

When you ordered the part, did you inquire as to what the warranty would be?

• Co
      17th of Jun, 2009
    Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer - WILL NOT WORK
    CONNIE IRBY
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

I HAVE A KENMORE ELITE DRYER..MODEL# 11063954100...WHICH WILL NOT RUN...YOU CAN HOLD IN THE START BUTTON AND IT WILL RUN UNTIL YOU RELEASE THE BUTTON...I HAD A SERVICE PERSON LOOK AT IT AND SAID IT WAS THE CURCUIT BOARD AND TO REPLACE IT WOULD COST $250.00...I ALSO HAVE REVIEWED MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE KENMORE ELITE DRYER...I HAVE PURCHASED MANY ITEMS WITH SEARS AND THIS WILL BE MY LAST PURCHASE...WITH SO MANY PEOPLE HAVING AN ISSUE WITH THIS I WOULD THINK SEARS WOULD RECALL THIS OR AT LEAST GIVE SOME KIND OF DISCOUNT ON THE REPAIR SINCE THIS IS TURNING INTO SUCH A COMMON PROBLEM. I WOULD LIKE A RESPONSE TO THIS ISSUE.