Menu
Sears Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Sears
reviews and complaints

www.sears.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.3 2940 Reviews

How responsive is Sears's customer service?

944 Resolved
1992 Unresolved
A rare visitor 🌥️
We'd love to see Sears on ComplaintsBoard more often, showing their successful complaint resolution. But that's not happening yet, unfortunately. For reviewers, this means staying cautious and reading reviews from other customers (including the few already resolved ones) to understand the potential outcomes. If you get in touch with Sears, be persistent and note all important details during communication.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Sears has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Sears reviews and complaints 2940

Filter reviews by rating
4 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Sears reviews and complaints

10:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sears I wanted to purchase a sears protection plan for 4 rental properties and 3 appliances in each property.

When I called and complained within the first three (3) days I told them to cancel my order completely since I didn't request the Plan for my own personal house. They said they would honor my request and then they sent me the contract which said it would expire in 2024 not 2023. So again Sears Plays its games of BAIT N SWITCH when my property was not a requested address. When I called they said they didn't have the recording where I requested a total refund of my money $766.67. I do have the proof of the conversation and will seek to hire a lawyer if I do not get my entire payment back. I have written to the BBB and am waiting for a response. Time is of the Essence and since I didn't request the Plan for my one property Why does Sears lie and changed the entire request I paid for. It is disheartening when all my appliances are from Sears and I use to love to purchase items from them. Now I do not ever intend to buy anything from Sears because of the thievery that is going on. The young man just wanted to make the sale and then forwarded the wrong address on the contract. Now they want to only refund me a portion of what I paid because they made the mistake. I want full reimbursement of $766.67.

Desired outcome: Please Credit the entire amount I paid ($766.67) for when I requested three appliances in four rental properties. Totaling 12 appliances.

T
12:58 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sears Repair on whirlpool dishwasher rescheduled service four consecutive days (and counting)!

Service tech arrived for original first repair/assessment of repair. Tech determined that three parts needed to be replaced. Technician ordered parts during that first visit and scheduled my follow-up repair once parts were delivered to my home. Parts arrived well in advance as ordered. Date for scheduled repair and I received a call from a different technician that they were on the way to my house for the scheduled repair. I told the technician in the phone tgat I had requested that he not be scheduled for repairs for my appliances/didn't like his work. He said he could reschedule my appointment and I said that I did NOT want to reschedule. He rescheduled me any way and I continue to have problems getting accurate responses from customer svc when I call for answers. Keep getting rescheduled four consecutive days and I have not received a definite answer if tech is coming out today or not.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the new parts installed to repair the dishwasher. Also would like better customer service and accuracy from customer service!

1:43 pm EDT

Sears - Bosch dishwasher built-in

Wyvone & Glenn Haymon Service Order Number: [protected] Service Unit Number: 0007323 May 10, 2023 !. Sears Came out and Clean and Maintain Service because the dishwasher had stopped cleaning the dishes for $168.99. Disher still wasn't working properly! June 1, 2023 2. Bought into the Sears Home Warranty Program. August 5, 2023 3. The repair appointment...

L
2:17 pm EDT

Sears - Kenmore freezer with a master protection service plan

We have a freezer/refrigerator that we purchased with a master protection service plan. We now are almost 2 months trying to get it fixed. We have all the parts the 1st technician ordered, the appointment has already been cancelled once and rescheduled for today. We did not receive a text last night or this morning telling us the technician was scheduled...

M
8:56 am EDT

Sears Kenmore Toploading Washer

I called and requested washer repair appointment on sept 11,2023 i was given an appointment for sept22,2023,however no one showed up that day, reschuled for sept26,2023 tech came in saw parts by the washer and said i will have to call for help i can't install this part never done it before,so tech called her boss and a couple tech and discussed situation and she proceeded,took parts out of inside and screw off back,three hours later it was 5pm and she said she had to leave to go to two other jobs and she would reschedule this for tomorrow,well since that day i have had 6 rescheduled appointments and no one has showed up and no one has called my washer is in pieces in my kitchen and the new parts are still in the box i am a senior citizen and have no one to help me do you have any suggestions? thank you for your time

mabel nameth

Desired outcome: i would like my washer fixed or replaced as i have been a customer for a very long time

10:02 am EDT

Sears kenmore refrigerator

bought new from sears dealer in elk city, ok aug 20,2022, after multiple repairs they finally sent new refrigerator in may 2023- now this one is broke and they tell me they have no replacement parts. i called the claim number in wv and saw no way to file claim. please advise clement harris [protected]-- the repair order number for the icemaker was # [protected]---the repair order for the door was #[protected]---from july 2023 they have postponed repair, finally last week they admitted they cannot get replacement parts and told me to call mfr warranty number

Desired outcome: new frige or money back

9:31 am EDT

Sears Sears Home Services

10/5/23: Repair Tech came to my home and diagnosed my refrigerator as needing a compressor. Billed me and sent me a receipt.

I called LG for them to issue a Work Order. The company they referenced does not cover my area. If I wanted the same tech to come out, I needed to provide them information on the Tech Name, The Company Name/Adress email, and telephone number so they could issue a Work Order for the same tech.

I called Sears Home Services to get this info. They made an appt for a tech to come out to my home next week to give me that information...next week! I've already been waiting on them to reapair my LG refrigerator for 4 days now~!

All this info can be simply given over the phone, not 4 days from now! Help!

Attillio Zarrella, [protected]

Desired outcome: They simply provide me with the information LG requested to issue a Work Order to replace my compressor under warranty.

B
7:05 pm EDT

Sears Master Protection Agreement

My Dishwasher is on my Master Protection Agreement. I paid $1,066.29 for the protection agreement. My dishwasher stopped working for a second time this year in July 2023. It cannot be fixed. I was told that I have been approved for replacement - LG Model #LDTS5552D on 9/20/23 via email and that I would be notified within 3 days on how to proceed with replacement. Nothing! I keep calling. No response. I have been without my dishwasher now since July. Every time I call I get the same response that someone will get back to me...NO ONE HAS! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take care of this replacement.

Desired outcome: Replace Dishwasher as promised.

1:19 pm EDT

Sears - Dish washer

had a apointment for early september the first tec came out and said he did not have a work order for the diswasher told me I had to set up another date so I did few days later tec comes by the name of vincent. He started by telling me his shop vac was burned up and could not remove the water fro dishwasher so I got some towels to remove the water. Then...

M
12:34 pm EDT

Sears - Refrigerator repair never completed - refund never received

A refund is due to me and has been requested due to an error on the part of your technician. He was scheduled to fix my Kenmore Refrigerator on 8/28/23 after ordering the parts he said were needed in order to fix my freezer, and also after paying $939.65 on my credit card. When he came for the repair he started the work and then realized parts could not...

10:32 am EDT

Sears - Washer warranty not honored

I purchased a major appliance from Sears assuming I would receive continuing customer service and support as needed. This proved to be a huge mistake - Sears provided absolutely no assistance when I encountered issues getting a defective product repaired under warranty. When the manufacturer refused to fully cover warranty repairs as required by law, Sear...

R
9:03 pm EDT

Sears - Home repair service billing

We had sears home services repair our dish washer 0n 6/27/23. Service order [protected], service number [protected] in the amount of $108.99 We received the bill shortly after with a 7/14/23 billing date and payment options of on line or phone. [protected]) I selected the phone and used my bank card. That was on 7/15/23 and I was given a confirmation...

4:50 pm EDT

Sears My kenmore water heater

I have renewed my PA Agreement and in the last two years haven't been able to get maintance. Appts are scheduled and no one shows up or call or email or text Sears just does not provide the service promised. I call and just talk to a bot that does not provide a solution. I call and speak to a person and can't help me and just transfers me to the bot. I don't know what else to do?

Desired outcome: A full refund of the cost of my MPA with Sears.

S
4:47 pm EDT

Sears Service of my refrigerator

We reside at 4054 Rexford C, Boca Raton, Fla. 3343. In April, 2023 the ice making component of our fridge stopped working. A tech guy from Sears came to fix it and charged us $532. He said it would work in 24 hours. It did not work. We called Sears and told the customer service rep that we had to leave Florida but we were assured that upon our return, in July, the issue would be fixed. In July, the same tech guy came and again charged us $562 to repair what was never repaired. We should NOT have been charged a 2nd time! After 24 hours the ice-making compenent did NOT begin to work. We've been charged, by Sears, about $1100 and our issue has not been fixed. We want full reimbursement.

Please advise to whom we may speak.

Mrs S. Forer

current phone [protected]

current email : [protected]@rogers.com

Desired outcome: refund of the money we've paid

F
12:07 pm EDT

Sears Dishwashers

When it was determined that our dishwasher was not repairable, I called customer service and was told my options on the replacement. The dishwasher (550) offered was not of the same quality (features) as what I have now (650). I spoke to a supervisor about my concerns. I was told that the 650 dishwasher was not available and I responded that it was on the ge web site. She then proceeded to tell me (paraphrased) "how old is your dishwasher - what do t you expect to get out of an old dishwasher". I told her I expected sears to do what it says on page 3 of the contract agreement. Her response was - "it will wash your dishes." this call was made on september 26, 2023. It was recorded by you. Because I had no other options (other than to except the extremely low cash offer) I agreed to accept the 550 dishwasher with objections.

Desired outcome: A dishwasher equal to the broken one that I have covered under the warranty plan. Page 3 of the plan states what should be expected. Compare the 550 to the 650 and anyone can see the difference.

R
1:49 pm EDT

Sears Master protection Agreement

I just renewed my agreement 2 months ago. The Icemaker in my Kenmore Elite is not working so I called in for service. I got confirmation for service on order Number [protected] on 9/14/2023. The service was scheduled for 9/21/2023, but no one has showed up. I've called the service company several times and left messages, but I don't get a call back. Calling the 800 number at the bottom of the agreement is a joke. I can't get to talk to a real person.

If this is what is going to happen with repairs on the refrigerator and washer that are on the agreement in the future, we have a problem.

Desired outcome: Replace both appliances with brands that will last, because obviously you don't have a repairman in New Mexico and my Master Protection Agreement is just a useless piece of paper.

1:32 pm EDT

Sears - $525.06 charge to my mastercard on 7/29/23 for an icemaker

Initial service visit on 7/29 erroneously diagnosed faulty ice maker in my Kenmore Service Tech (Matthew) ordered new ice maker & $525.06 charged to my MC. 8-7 visit by tech but parts not arrived, 8/9 tech installed new ice maker, 8/12 as ice still not made ice Matthew confirmed his diagnosis was in error, there was nothing wrong with the original ice...

B
10:27 pm EDT

Sears - Product replacement

We purchased a washing machine and have had a service contract for several years. The washing machine developed a problem, so we requested service on July 31st. The repair technician showed up August 2nd and looked at the machine, he advised he could not find parts but would get back to us. The part still had not arrived by August 17th and we were notified...

8:27 am EDT

Sears Sears protection agreement contract

It is September 2023, our family has had a Sears protection contract in place for years. For years we have paid for protection for the appliances we purchased from Sears. This year, in September when we called to renew, we have been told that the agreement is no longer available. We can replace it with lessor coverage for the same price and that there will be a 30 day wait for coverage. We have used our service agreement maybe 3 times in 20 years. They should not be allowed to remove our contract when we have been faithfully paying every year. To be told, oh we are just not offering that coverage anymore, you can pay the same for less coverage with is a kick in the face to a loyal customer.

Desired outcome: renew my contract

12:36 pm EDT

Sears craftman replacement

I recently filed a warranty return on a craftsman tool which Sears accepted - they gave me “points” to use on their online store to replace the tool. That was a couple of weeks ago when I login I see the points posted to my account but none are available to use and they have no way to contact a person to resolve the issue. I have tried everything I can find on their website but none of it works -

Sears Corporate Complaint Desk

[protected] )

Desired outcome: refund or replacement

Read full review of Sears

SEARS CORPORATE PEOPLE HELPED ME ( 815 ) ( 240 ) ( 5160 )

Sears In-depth Review

Overview: Sears is a well-established retail company with a rich history dating back to 1886. It started as a mail-order catalog company and has evolved into a leading retailer in various categories, including appliances, electronics, clothing, and home goods.

Product Range: Sears offers a wide range of products, catering to diverse customer needs. Their product selection includes appliances, tools, furniture, clothing, and more. The quality of their products is generally good, with a decent variety to choose from. However, when compared to some competitors, Sears may have a slightly limited product range in certain categories.

Pricing: Sears employs a competitive pricing strategy, offering affordable products without compromising on quality. Their pricing is generally reasonable and provides good value for money. However, it is worth comparing prices with other retailers to ensure you are getting the best deal.

Customer Service: Sears' customer service is generally satisfactory. The customer support team is responsive and helpful, addressing queries and concerns promptly. Their return and refund policies are fair, allowing customers to return or exchange products within a reasonable timeframe.

Online Shopping Experience: The Sears website is user-friendly and functional, making it easy to navigate and find desired products. The search options are effective, allowing users to filter and sort results efficiently. The checkout process is smooth, and there are various payment options available, ensuring a convenient online shopping experience.

Shipping and Delivery: Sears provides reliable shipping and delivery services. Deliveries are generally speedy, and the company ensures that products arrive in good condition. However, it is important to note that there may be additional charges for certain items or delivery locations, so it is advisable to review the terms and conditions before making a purchase.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Customer reviews and ratings of Sears are mixed. While some customers have had positive experiences, others have expressed concerns regarding product quality and customer service. It is advisable to read through customer reviews and consider them alongside other factors when making a purchasing decision.

Warranty and After-Sales Support: Sears provides warranty coverage for their products, offering peace of mind to customers. Their after-sales support is generally available and effective in addressing any issues that may arise. However, it is important to review the warranty terms and conditions for any limitations or exclusions.

Physical Store Experience: In-store experiences at Sears locations vary. The store layout is generally well-organized and clean, making it easy to navigate. The availability and helpfulness of staff may vary, with some customers reporting positive interactions while others have had less satisfactory experiences.

Overall Satisfaction: Overall, customer satisfaction with Sears is mixed. While some customers are satisfied with their experiences, others have had concerns regarding various aspects such as product quality and customer service. When compared to competitors, Sears may lag slightly behind in terms of overall customer satisfaction. It is recommended to consider individual preferences and priorities when deciding whether to shop at Sears.

How to file a complaint about Sears?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Sears. Make it specific and clear, such as "Defective Appliance Delivered by Sears" or "Poor Customer Service at Sears Store".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Mention key areas such as product quality, customer service, delivery, warranties, and refunds. Include specifics about any transactions, such as dates, amounts, and item descriptions. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any faults or discrepancies. If you attempted to resolve the problem, detail the steps you took and how Sears responded. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's through inconvenience, financial loss, or other impacts.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photographs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with Sears. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com. Ensure that you receive a confirmation that your complaint has been successfully submitted.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Stay active on ComplaintsBoard.com to monitor any responses or updates related to your complaint. Check your account regularly for any communication from Sears or additional inquiries from the ComplaintsBoard.com community.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Sears customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (847) 286-2500 +1 (800) 665-2127 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Sears?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sears Customer Service. Initial Sears complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sears above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sears. Discuss the issues you have had with Sears and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.