Searsridiculously unsafe craftsman lawnmower

T Review updated:

On 05-19-06, Ii purchased a Craftsman LT100 riding lawnmower. I used the mower twice w/o incident. On the evening of 06-19-06, my wife awakened me to tell me that there was a problem with the mower... As the mower had been sitting idle on my carport, I had trouble envisioning what sort of problem there could be. She then informed me that it was leaking gasoline and that the fumes were almost overpowering. I immediately decided that the first order of business was to get the mower away from the house and off of the carport... I reached over and put the mower in neutral, and while standing on the LEFT side of the mower, attempted to push it backwards... The bottom edge of the mower deck housing rubbed against my foot about 1 inch above my left ankle, lacerating my foot to the bone... There was blood everywhere instantly... I immediately grabbed a towel and applied pressure to stop the blood loss... I refused to go to the emergency room after once the bleeding was stopped, but I DID go to my regular PCP the next morning for a tetanus shot and 3 stitches... As I see it, there are 2 problems with this mower: a faulty leaking fuel tank, and a ridiculously unsafe, razor-sharp edge in an area where a person is repeatedly required to place their feet.

As a footnote, let me add that the management of this Sears Outlet has been VERY rude, belligerent, uncooperative, and has repeatedly failed to keep their word as to returning phone calls when they promised... They also attempted to replace this mower with one that had been used and damaged.

• Updated by Tony Mcgee · Jul 25, 2017

i have had this charging device for a year only used it once. now it wont charge when i plug it in. how do i get it repaired.

• Updated by maheen butt · Sep 07, 2017

without giving out all the information to the customer. DO NOT BUY.

noobcycle Nov 23, 2007

so let me get this straight hahahahaah wow one sec ................ ok so u have an accident on your lawnmower ??? because what you were still half asleep??? and you called the store?? for what a bandaid???? im not sure were you are going with this one but wow!! i have seen it all now ! if there was leaking gas ummmm thats definately a problem ... take care of your lawnmower!!! and keep wifey away from it !! also FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE STOP BUYING FROM OUTLET STORES JESUS crimeny!!!

Mark Reno Feb 03, 2008

cmon noob cycle ... try READING the posts b4 u decide reply. U made up an accident on the lawn mower -- Tim calling the store for "band-aids'? And you're insinuating his wife had something to do with the gas leaking. Where are YOU going with this?

Thanks for the info Tim ~ Sears has gone to the birds!

• Mp
    mpabro Jan 30, 2009

How to operate a riding lawn mower:
    1. place motor in appropriate area.
    2. Mount mowing device.
    3. place key in ignition.
    4. turn key, start engine.
    5. adjust settings for optimum performance.
    6. drive through designated mowing area
    7. once done, turn key to off position
    8. dismount
    9. walk away, SCRATCH FREE.

Don't post your stories of failure on the INTERNET, they will get you dominated.

dar18 Aug 14, 2018

I have been approved many times before why iam being denied now? It says it doesnt go by credit. the last time i was approved for 1200 and now nothing.

David Marchetti Aug 14, 2018

Broiler turned itself on in the middle of the night and would not turn off. I had to throw the breaker to keep it from setting my house on fire.

• Su
    Sulay Aug 15, 2018

I bought the kenmore water heater from November 18, 2012. Still 4 month left in warranty but I called many time to customer service they told me they don't provide service in the area I don't have hot water from more than week and when I called the customer service they transferred from one department to another department

Maggie Santillan Cantu Aug 16, 2018

We had a service block of 8 to 12. 12:20 came by so I called to see what may be happening. Was told they were on way, so I decided to wait. 1 came along, called and they said they'll come by 2:45. Long story short, never showed until 5:26! 9.5 hours and NO ONE contacted me, it was I who called to inquire what was happening. Just honor warrenty.

Chanmuna Aug 20, 2018

My home phone getting unknown phone calls saying they are working on behalf of Sears sold products warranty and asking us to pay $150 to keep our product warranty alive.

• Bi
    Bill Goodwin Aug 21, 2018

Clothing gets snagged in upper drum gap opening leaving black marks. Gap is way too wide! Sears techs won't acknowledge there is a problem on two occasions even took apart and reassembled saying there was no problem but the gap is still there causing black marks.

• Di
    Diana Barnett Aug 28, 2018

My name is Diana BARNETT.You keep shipping this filter.I don't need one . I have one on hand . I want to return it and money refunded. Also get me off the auto shipping. My phone #9512188486. Email [email protected] address is 6325 Jade St Jurupa valley, CA.92509.

Anubis1 Sep 01, 2018

Would not replace micro even after more than 3 visits as required in contract. Obnoxious as they come for a year or so. Finally took them to court and received more than double what they offered.

• Ro
    Robert McNeill Sep 06, 2018

Sears promised me a $300.00 refund for a new damaged refrigerator. They never paid me even though I have proof from consumer affairs in California.
    I wrote the BBB which sent my complaint to Chicago where they were of no help at all.

Josephine939 Sep 10, 2018

We received services from Sears Home Pro, initially they were really helpful but now that the job is done and we are having some issues, we cannot get a hold of anyone! We called, emailed 3x, called again and we were given the run around. HORRIBLE!!!
    We have been emailling Richard Saunders and Daniel Gross

maheen butt Sep 19, 2018

SCAM. Poorly trained sears employee scam people into leasing the machine with the promise it will be ours after certain amount of payments.

• Fl
    Floy Carolyn Robinson Oct 15, 2018

I no longer have this refrigerator and want to cancel any further orders and return this part for a credit on my account.

Cartridge 469915

Should I return it to -
    IRC 8961
    1500 Roe St.
    Dallas TX 75216

How is the postage paid?

• To
    Tony Mcgee Oct 21, 2018

• Ro
    Robinlm79 Oct 23, 2018

I called on Friday 6/23 and updated my credit card information because I had ordered a new card, and at that time I paid my account in full which was $115. The person I spoke with said that caught me up to date on two payments that I had missed due to a change in card. On Saturday 6/24 there was a new charge on my card for $75 for another payment.

Jacquline Fontes Oct 27, 2018

Wall mounted. Refused to do service. Re-scheduald for Oct. 11. No one came.
    I want my 2 year warranty refunded so we can hire someone else. Tierd of hours on phone to no avail. Jacquline Fontes. 747 214 3193. Address: 11755 Gilmore st. Apt. 211 North Hollywood, CA. 91606. Over 53 years with Sears & now horrid service & communication.

• Je
    Jenny Biggs Oct 31, 2018

complaining about Kenmore Elite refrigerator model 795.77542600..serial # 711KR00237...MFG date 2007.11

issue is light inside frig overheating due to staying on when door is closed. Light fixture became so hot the plastic covering over light melted.

my name is jenny biggs

10337 South State Route 48

Loveland Ohio 45140

cell 5134701837

• Iv
    Ivan Galvis Nov 11, 2018

I have requested 3 times in the apst week to have a card sent to my daughter, basically send my card, . add my daughter to my account.

3 times they ahve sent me the card to my house instead of the address I gave them over the phone.

3 times this Filipino customer service in teh Philippines has failed me.

Incompetent morons.

• Be
    Beme2 Nov 12, 2018

Purchased Kenmore Elite refrig in 2014. Foul smell from back/fan/motor. Called a Sears technician and he found nothing behind panel and couldn't explain the smell. Searching for a solution and I see from this Board there are none (for same issue since 2011) -- Other than DO NOT BUY Kenmore. So, we're going shopping this weekend for new refrig. ;-(

Marsha Dasani Nov 12, 2018

I have been shopping at Sears & Kmart for 40 years...drop Ivanka Trump and I will NEVER step foot in any of your stores again!!!

maratom Nov 13, 2018

8/16 Sears repairer damaged hardwood floors and want repaired. After repairs made I immediately go upstairs discover huge scratches in hardwood floors located directly in front of washer. Repairer while moving to repair, did not use floor protectors. Service panel in back of machine. Pics clearly show machine was pulled out & rotated on floor

• Cu
    Customer199 Nov 14, 2018

I schedule Carpet cleaning for my apt on . The service included 3 rooms and a hallway. The price was advertise at.$99.00. When I called they said the price was $124.00.

When they got to my place they tried to up sell me so I refuse all additional service. They said ok and then quoted me another different price that was more money.

• Ar
    Art4004 Nov 19, 2018

This company horrible, read the fine print you will end up paying more than double of what the product is Worth. Leasing from the Sears outlet is a huge mistake.

• Mc
    Mcarm1 Feb 12, 2019

I am getting no where with sears customer service.

They are back tracking every day on what they say.

I have waited months for a refund on a washing machine and I get no where talking to these people.

They do nothing but lie [email protected]

daniel76 Feb 25, 2019

There is a terrible smell from our refrigerator. We have cleaned and cleaned it as outlined on the web, but the smell persists. It doesn't appear that there is a drip pan. What do we do now?

• J Floyd Mar 26, 2019

I have owned a Kenmoore Fridge for a year and have had service done on it over 9 times. I can't seem to get anyone to own up and offer me a new fridge. This is a joke. I want my money back.

• St
    Stormie lee Jun 23, 2019

My kenmore stove said f1 and heated up so hot that my whole house filled with smoke and it would not shut off. It was so scary. Thankfully my husband was home and acted fast to get it pulled out and unplugged! I just can't believe this just happened and so thankful my house did not start on fire

• Je
    Jerry E. Smith Jul 07, 2019

Frig broke May 18, we were promised a repair date of July 9; the new compressor has been sent and is ion site
    The July 1 was changed to July 9...this is unacceptable.
    What can be done to move up immediately
    All that is required is an on site visit by a technician

Not A Happy Consume4 Sep 02, 2019

Sears provides a call back voicemail for window repairs. Sears never call back.

• Rh
    Rhonda Fisher Nov 11, 2019

We have always bought Kenmore appliances for the past twenty five years. We bought a Kenmore Elite counter death
    refrigerator four years ago and the condenser has gone out. The repair man says it will cost $1, 500 dollars to fix it! I am so disappointed and angery at Sears. I will never buy a Kenmore again!!!

• 11
    11roses Nov 23, 2019

The paint is coming off of the door of refrigerator. I scratched with my fingernail to see if any more would come off & it very easily came off.

• Jr
    JRM20640 Dec 14, 2019

Rust around the bleach dispenser is horrible and expanding. It was purchased in 2011. It works fine. Unless it can be repaired, I'll have to nuy another washer
    before it starts ruining my clothes.

• Re
    Refriger Jan 18, 2020

I got a Kenmore 2 year old fridge w the protection agreement. I've had 4 service calls in 1 month & it's always something else broken. I'm sick & need insulin 24/7 & it got spoiled. I've called and complained to sears and they keep sending technicians and by now it should of been replaced. I guess they don't realize how hard it is for a family.