SearsMaster protection agreement - impossible to speak to a human

H Aug 04, 2020

I've had a Master Protection Agreement for 4 years, never had this horrible of a customer service experience. My dishwasher is no longer heating the water or cleaning the dishes. Have had 3 technicians fail to identify or fix the problem. Time to escalate.

I was told to call the benefits administration team at [protected] to discuss a replacement unit. I have called the number over 4 times, on hold for over an hour each time. Endless hold music, and no one ever answers. I gave up.

I can only connect through the online chat feature, but each time the customer rep tells me to call the number, they cannot help, etc. And to add insult to injury, they tell me they are "escalating the status" of my complaint which means "someone will definitely call you within 24-48 hours." that's happened twice already with no call. I'm currently on hold for 55 minutes and counting... I'm skeptical but if you can help... Please do.

• Do
    dorob Oct 30, 2020

My dishwasher that was purchased in may 2019 quit working in early august. since I purchased a protection agreement, repair service came out and ordered parts. the parts arrived in september but were the wrong parts. it is now october 30th, the parts have not arrived. my purchase protection agreement says that a new one will be furnished if it cannot be repaired. I have tried calling sears protection agreement or customer service since august. I stay on hold for hours listening to jazz music. when I can reach a person, I am transferred again, over and over until I finally have to give up. do not buy anything fro sears and certainly do not purchase a bogus protection agreement! I have given up on this dishwasher and bought a new one, but not from sears!

• Ra
    Rasbury Nov 24, 2020

I have been waiting for my 2 year old dishwasher purchased from Sears to be repaired. It broke down in July 2020. I purchase a service agreement with the dishwasher to be valid through 1/2022.Serv tech came 8/6/2020 and needed to order parts. Contacted him twice and they are unable to obtain the parts. I began to contacting Sears in October. Was told they should have followed up... I have contacted Sears 6 times. Have waited on hold at least 10 hours total and continue to get the run around. I was told by Sears I need to speak to escalations dept. I sat on hold for 2 hours before hanging up. Called again and requested a manager and was told an escalation manger would contact me within 24-48 hours. Did not receive call..I contacted again, sat on hold for over a hour before being told I needed a different dept. Waited again for 45 minutes when a rep picked up and disconnected me. Called back and received the same person telling me I need a different department and he transferred me. I waited another 15 minutes when a recording came on and said they cannot take my call and disconnected me.. I then contacted the warranty department as if I was interested in purchasing a plan and SUPRISE a person immediately answered. Gave him the run down and was told I need to speak to Benefits Administration and was transferred there. This is over 4 months of trying to resolve. I realize that we are in the midst of a pandemic, however I have been more than patient and continue to get the run around etc. It is a shame that we must wait like this. They certainly didn't have to wait for payment of appliance and warranty purchase. If it cannot be fixed they need to supplies me with another dishwasher as the warranty states. HUH! Wish me luck. I have always purchased appliances from Sears and purchased service agreements and they have been great. It is a shame that their warranties and customer service have taken a HUGE downturn...It is no longer a sears tech that comes out, they are now Sub contracting with appliance repair contractors and I empathize with the contractors as they do not even get paid until the repair is complete. I will NEVER purchase another agreement with them again.

• Fa
    faith [email protected] Nov 25, 2020

DO NOT BUY Sears master protection.It is a fraud.Repairman came to my house on Oct13/2020, ordered all the wrong parts for my microwave..Repairman again comes to install said parts (finally 11/25/20) and says it is a disaster! He says he has to order MORE parts!Next visit will be Dec21/2020! (IF they get the parts)Another month.On top of that he BROKE the top vent which fell on my glasstop stove! Now we need a new vent part also!I was on hold for 4 hours first time, 2 hours second time with Master protection people, not to mention at least 6 calls to sears customer service.The "repairmen"" they send have NO idea how to repair.The "manager"Antonio denied my request to replace the built-in unit.This company hires people who know NOTHING about repairing anything.CLEARLY sears will hire ANYBODY.I have bought appliances for 40 years from sears..NO MORE. WORST SERVICE EVER.