Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Department Stores Sears Master protection agreement - impossible to speak to a human

Sears  - Master protection agreement - impossible to speak to a human

H
Author of the complaint
7:45 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've had a Master Protection Agreement for 4 years, never had this horrible of a customer service experience. My dishwasher is no longer heating the water or cleaning the dishes. Have had 3 technicians fail to identify or fix the problem. Time to escalate.

I was told to call the benefits administration team at [protected] to discuss a replacement unit. I have called the number over 4 times, on hold for over an hour each time. Endless hold music, and no one ever answers. I gave up.

I can only connect through the online chat feature, but each time the customer rep tells me to call the number, they cannot help, etc. And to add insult to injury, they tell me they are "escalating the status" of my complaint which means "someone will definitely call you within 24-48 hours." that's happened twice already with no call. I'm currently on hold for 55 minutes and counting... I'm skeptical but if you can help... Please do.

Helpful? 0 0

More Sears complaints & reviews

Sears - customer service department
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - poor quality product!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - terrible company!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - it should be named the die easy battery
Sears - buyer beware/contracts changed
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - slow posting of payment on account
Sears - did not receive item or refund
20 comments
R
May 22, 2022 7:45 am

I’m been trying to get repair on my central air can’t get nowhere i been left on hold given numbers that I can’t speak to no one I just came out the hospital for heart issues seriously my central air is not working please someone help me with this my cell# [protected]

P
Jan 13, 2022 7:45 am

Well I may as well add my issue...The dryer covered under the MPR is a joke! I will figure out how recover my loss! ITS ALL ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL !

0 0

Please Please I need cancel my home warranty #[protected]. I am too old to understand how to place orders on computer, a friend is doing this for me. Please Please help me...

0 0

I would like to cancel my home warranty please. plan [protected]

H
Aug 09, 2021 7:45 am

Well, I think I have you all beat on the complaints I have for the incompetency of the lack of customer service I did not receive. This started in May with the representative scheduling me for a maintenance check instead of service on my central air conditioner. I am going to list the names of ALL the reps., I spoke to. Keep in mind half of them could not understand nor speak English in an understandable way! Each call was either put on hold, transferred and/or disconnect. No Supervisor available for escalated issues. Each representative asked me the SAME questions each time the call was transferred. I've spoken to the Master Protection Department, Emergency Service Department, Sedgewick Property, State of Service, Sears Protection Repair Care, Sales Department a Technical Support technician.
This is a rental property with an asthmatic tenant.

5-26 Lyric rescheduled appointment they were going to send me a check in the amount of $250.00 for my inconvenience. Address was given where to send the check. As of date it has not been received.
Paul & Donna were two of the few people that I thought gave a dim of hope. Told me what time & who to speak to in the infamous Master Protection Department and the necessary information they needed to expedite the situation.

And the beat goes on: Meta, Brittany, Zahir, Crissy(useless), Rebecca, Rodrigo, Peter, Montel, Sergio, Nancy, Mike, Marcus, Ryan, Ellie, (Escalation Department) Bently (who hung up on me), Maurice, Sandra, Kathy, Danielle, Helen,
Sophie, Flyn, Tabeitha, Jesse, Erica, Technical Support Specialist, Lilah, Joulie, Mario, Kathy, Lydia, Miriam, Fay, Reese, Maria whom I could hear pots and pans in background gave me a number to address not receiving the check, Eric and Lawrence. A few names I didn't capture.
Stefan Sachman, Lauri, And Luna 6-17 Network outage 6-23 Network outage, spoke to Israel. A total of 43 recorded conversations with Sears Customer service Reps.

Had to purchase a portable AC unit which they said the would give me a $250.00 credit to purchase from Sears. REALLY? There isn't a Sears store in the area my property is located. I had to go to Home Depot where it cost $399.09. To add insult to injury the AC flooded my basement after it was allegedly repaired. I have put a claim in for reimbursement. Received an email stating I would receive a response within 3 days. Guess what? Again, NO RESPONSE.

I am eagerly trying to contact the CEO of Sears. I was an employee with Sears for years and an Assistant Vice-President in a Customer Service Call Center. I have NEVER experienced anything like this!

S
Jul 01, 2021 7:45 am

I have been without my washing machine since 4/25 and have been told twice it is not repairable and a replacement has been approved, then surprisingly they found parts which after installing still did not work. Now I am told I will be approved again for a replacement. Very hard to live without a washing machine. Has anyone filed a complaint with the BBB

U
Jul 20, 2021 7:45 am

My washer broke down In January only 8 months old. I qualified for replacement because repair would have been over 60 days. They NEVER contacted me to say replacement I selected was approved. They NEVER contacted me to say I have an authorization number for the replacement. I call and call and get passed around. Finally I get the authorization number yesterday and call the store to get a replacement and they say authorization number expired 60 days ago! I literally just got the authorization number yesterday! No communication at all! Now it has been escalated (already escalated in March and here we are coming into August) and back to customer solutions for re authorization. Huh?!? Apparently they will contact me in 1-2 business days (which is a lie) so I asked for a direct number to call THEM in 1-2 days but that don’t have a number for customer solutions. My washer was $1, 500 and my approved amount was only up to $999.99 but no one contacted me about anything. I never knew these authorization numbers expired. Horrible! Horrible company! Almost 8 months and I’m still going in circles waiting for a replacement washing machine. It has a manufacturer’s warranty and a protection agreement.

J
May 11, 2021 7:45 am

I have had the same experience! I am so mad! I have experienced all of the situations listed above. I have been without my dishwasher since November. After waiting weeks between no good repair appointments it was finally approved for replacement but I cant seem to ge that either. I have been a sears customer for 54 years. They are terrible!

0 0

I was without my Sears refrigerator for almost 4 months. Finally March 2nd I received a new refrigerator. On March 10 I filed a Food Loss Claim and have yet to get a response, other than a confirmation of the claim number. During the 4 months I mentioned, I have requested a refund of my deductible that was processed twice...requested a refund 4 times and got the "we will get it taken care of"...but I have received no refund. What do I do now? Thank you.

Y

I bought a washer from Sears, had it for 5 years and used the repair agreement with success. This time the new washer needs service I have had four appointments and waited each time with nobody showing up. I call and nobody can help. They want to reschedule me in another 3 weeks. I am going to get somebody to fix my washer, and pay them. Then I am going to file in court against sears for failure to live up to their agreement. PLEASE note, this is not the Sears of our parents. This is a business fighting for its life and losing. Terribly sad, when you think about how Sears had all the infrastructure that Amazon is now building with depots for deliveries all over the country. Not everybody is a [censored]. And not everybody is a genius. But this girl is getting out of Sears country for good because after 4 strikes I need a new plan.

D
Jan 23, 2021 7:45 am

I've been without a refrigerator since early October. Same issues as above.

S
Jan 21, 2021 7:45 am

I have been without a dyer from APRIL 2020! I call Sears twice a week placed on hold for hours at a time, when I get a rep to finally answer I get the run around every time and placed back on hold. No one wants to take the call once the read the notes on my account. I have been asked to go on line and find a replacement. I have also been given item numbers to order the dyer that no longer exist! Not even the Sears Rep could fine the item number I was given. Sears is falling apart they were a household name now they SUCK! I'm so frustrated they sent an LG that didn't fit on December 1, 2020 (8 months after the fact). I have stackable I can't understand why they can't resolve this 10 month issue. On top of all of this I paid for the protection 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 that there is no dyer to protect! I'm on the phone again right now and again I'm being told they sent me a compatible dyer and again I explaining it was taken back due to it did not fit on the washer. My best bet at this time is to purchase a new unit HOWEVER NOT FROM SEARS! such a sham!

B
Jan 19, 2021 7:45 am

We have the sears protection agreement and have been without the use of our oven for over 5 months and counting. The first tech came out and misdiagnosed the problem and ordered the wrong part. The 2nd tech who came out to install it said it was the wrong part and took it with him and ordered the new part. We have had the new part for over 2 months and still have no tech to install . I have gone through numerous phone calls and chats . Some keep saying we need to return the first part, which we tell them the tech took it with him. Others say "there are no techs in your area"--really? we are only 45 miles away from the twin cities in MN. I will NEVER use sears products or their protection agreement again!

D
Jan 16, 2021 7:45 am

today was the SIXTH time sears has been here to repair our over the range microwave it is only 30 omnths old, thats it we've had it i called the replacement number on our service plan was on hold 1 1/2 hours couldnt take it anymore im going to call the regular repair number which i call everytime this LEMON microwave takes a [censored] and see if maybe they can help with the claim to replace this LEMON. our fridge washer dryer range all Kenmore but NO MORE net appliance we need will be Brandsmart or Best Buy

0 0

Sears, please reply to this concern and issue. I have been a sears customer for over 50 years.
All appliance are sears product and kenmore. I have always purchased the top of the
Line service contract. some years ago, I had repair on refrigerator/ freezer and spoiled
Food was reimbursed for $600. my five year contract ran out december, 2020.

My upright kenmore freeze has gone out, and all of food has spoiled. I was told by sears
Service repair that my new contract only covers 25% of food spoilage. I never received
A letter or e-mail of this change. ethics are involved here.

Please let me know of your decision. in the past 50 years of customer service I have never
Been treated unfairly. hopefully, sears is still a competent and honest company.

You have my telephone number, e-mail, and home address. please respond, and let me know...
How a contract can be changed... without customer's permission and agreement.
An... agreed contract... should still be understood and agreed upon.
thank you for your investigation. I am a verified customer of over 50 years.
[email protected]

N
Dec 29, 2020 7:45 am

I am in tears reading all the complaints. I too have a serious complaint about this plan. I have been without a refrigerator since August. Repair man came iut in September and ordered 7 parts. Ok only 6 came and last part still on back order. Ok kept calling for 2 months about the status and was tild nothing they can do as all parts are taking long time due ti factories closing due to pandemic. Finally got a rep to tell me oh Mrs. Your entitled to a new product due to over 30 days wait for parts. Ok now im happy! Well after a week no call email or text messages about my new refrigerator. Calls back and gets a manager to twll me oh the part you waiting on is a non functioning bracket and your refrigerator can still be fixed sobhe set an appointment for 12-4-20. Well the day before the appointment i confirmed the appointment only to be told no one did the confirmation because your still waiting on a part. Are you freaking kidding me? I was told that should not hold the tech up and he should still come! Nope system now scheduled me for now the 16th! Im so mad im in tears and shaking! Ok 16th rolls around only to get ANOTHER cancelation messages because part still have not arrived! I canceled other appointments waiting on this technician that was not coming! Im beyond mad now! Holidays ruined! Had to purchase a used small refrigerator to get us by for now. I hate this company and will cancel all my agreements with them. All my appliances are with Sears. Washer dryer stove refrigerator and microwave! After being on hold for hours only to get disconnected i finally got a rep today to tell me they canceled the on hold part so there should not be anymore cancelations due to waiting on this part. He supposedly coming tomorrow to fix the refrigerator but at this point i could care less im so mentally drained by this experience. Worst company and customer service EVER! A reason this POS company went belly up!

1 0
A
Dec 23, 2020 7:45 am

I have waited from Nov.3 until 12/17 on a part for my washer. I could not wait any longer for the part and purchased a new washer from another vendor not SEARS. I will wait and see what happens about the replacement since I have replacement the washer on my own. You are correct no one will answer the call and keeps you on hold for hours.

F

DO NOT BUY Sears master protection. It is a fraud.Repairman came to my house on Oct 13/2020, ordered all the wrong parts for my microwave.. Repairman again comes to install said parts (finally 11/25/20) and says it is a disaster! He says he has to order MORE parts!Next visit will be Dec 21/2020! (IF they get the parts) another month. On top of that he BROKE the top vent which fell on my glass top stove! Now we need a new vent part also!I was on hold for 4 hours first time, 2 hours second time with Master protection people, not to mention at least 6 calls to sears customer service. The "repairmen"" they send have NO idea how to repair. The "manager"Antonio denied my request to replace the built-in unit. This company hires people who know NOTHING about repairing anything. CLEARLY sears will hire ANYBODY. I have bought appliances for 40 years from sears.. NO MORE. WORST SERVICE EVER.

R
Nov 24, 2020 7:45 am

I have been waiting for my 2 year old dishwasher purchased from Sears to be repaired. It broke down in July 2020. I purchase a service agreement with the dishwasher to be valid through 1/2022.Serv tech came 8/6/2020 and needed to order parts. Contacted him twice and they are unable to obtain the parts. I began to contacting Sears in October. Was told they should have followed up... I have contacted Sears 6 times. Have waited on hold at least 10 hours total and continue to get the run around. I was told by Sears I need to speak to escalations dept. I sat on hold for 2 hours before hanging up. Called again and requested a manager and was told an escalation manger would contact me within 24-48 hours. Did not receive call..I contacted again, sat on hold for over a hour before being told I needed a different dept. Waited again for 45 minutes when a rep picked up and disconnected me. Called back and received the same person telling me I need a different department and he transferred me. I waited another 15 minutes when a recording came on and said they cannot take my call and disconnected me.. I then contacted the warranty department as if I was interested in purchasing a plan and SUPRISE a person immediately answered. Gave him the run down and was told I need to speak to Benefits Administration and was transferred there. This is over 4 months of trying to resolve. I realize that we are in the midst of a pandemic, however I have been more than patient and continue to get the run around etc. It is a shame that we must wait like this. They certainly didn't have to wait for payment of appliance and warranty purchase. If it cannot be fixed they need to supplies me with another dishwasher as the warranty states. HUH! Wish me luck. I have always purchased appliances from Sears and purchased service agreements and they have been great. It is a shame that their warranties and customer service have taken a HUGE downturn...It is no longer a sears tech that comes out, they are now Sub contracting with appliance repair contractors and I empathize with the contractors as they do not even get paid until the repair is complete. I will NEVER purchase another agreement with them again.

0 0

My dishwasher that was purchased in may 2019 quit working in early august. since I purchased a protection agreement, repair service came out and ordered parts. the parts arrived in september but were the wrong parts. it is now october 30th, the parts have not arrived. my purchase protection agreement says that a new one will be furnished if it cannot be repaired. I have tried calling sears protection agreement or customer service since august. I stay on hold for hours listening to jazz music. when I can reach a person, I am transferred again, over and over until I finally have to give up. do not buy anything fro sears and certainly do not purchase a bogus protection agreement! I have given up on this dishwasher and bought a new one, but not from sears!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

2643 complaints