Menu

complaints

Better Business Bureau Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
35 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Better Business Bureau, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Better Business Bureau has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Better Business Bureau. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Better Business Bureau complaints 51

Sort by:

Newest Better Business Bureau complaints

N
11:25 am EDT

Better Business Bureau ServPro services - Flooding of master bedroom, master bedroom closet, living room and dining area

This was an ongoing issue - starting early May (9th first email) to July 12th.

ServPro Martin County - [protected]

I thought this company would be good for all services ServPro provides.

I found that after several months of drying out my place, getting Mold Co. to take care of mold, and then restoration would be good since they are close to where I live.

Unfortunately, this company constantly wanted to be paid in advance for their services of restoration, etc.

Due to trying to get the insurance company to pay in advance and then when that didn't work, they wanted me to give them a credit card for the payment. I told them not to put any money on that card.

I was told it would take approximately 2 weeks to restore everything after the mold restoration was complete.

I believe this company escalated problems in my place by taking so much time bickering with the insurance co. and then asking me for a credit card.

I cancelled their service 7-12-23 and cancelled the credit card # I gave them.

I spoke with Dean [protected] about this - he shows as "owner" but said he was the manager not the owner.

I just wanted "buyer" beware of this company as I believe it is unethical and caused me to have more higher electric bills, and possibly added to mold issue because of delays.

I chose ServPro in Boca Raton - they have been very responsive and are waiting for approval to restore my unit. They are rated on your website as A+ and I believe they deserve it. They told me after approval it would only take 2 or 2 1/2 DAYS not 2 weeks.

Desired outcome: I just want to let others know that they should beware of what this company tells them, and how they do business, wanting money up front and my credit card. On a scale of 0 - 5 they get a 0 from me.

2:56 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau Residential house floor support

I hired Javier Leyva, DBA Quality Crawlspace, for floor support repair at my home residence. I paid him $4,741.56 to install ten (10) floor supports to make my house flooring more stable. The work was performed in March 2022. After the supports were installed, my living and dining rooms had a crown or hump in the central portion of the floor.

I think that Javier Leyva has the experience and knowledge to resolve flooring issues. He showed-up to determine the problem and make the estimate. Then, his workers, the 3 stooges, show-up to do the work without his supervision. I didn’t see him again until it was time for him to collect money for the work.

From March through November 2022, he made several trips to adjust the floor jacks to correct the problem, but I still have a crown in the center of my living and dining rooms. After his last adjustment in November 2022, he never responded to my requests to correct the problem. In January 2023, I hired another flooring contractor to correct the problem. He made some adjustments to correct the crown in my living and dining rooms, which is better. It still may need some additional supports to correct the problem that Quality Crawlspace caused.

I regret that I didn’t file this complaint sooner. I should have filed it after his last adjustment in November 2022 when I realized that he wasn’t going to correct the problem that he created. Over the last several months while looking at the crown in my floor, I decided that I needed to file a BBB complaint to keep someone else to falling into his smooth-talking trap.

Desired outcome: I do not expect any money to be returned for his effort. I just want future consumers to be aware of him and I would not recommend Javier Leyva, DBA Quality Crawlspace for any house flooring repairs.

V
9:38 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau Air conditioner warranty unhonored policy # w491615043, unit rh1t3621mtanja

Rheem Enterprise Headquarters

rheem.com

1100 Abernathy Rd Ste 1700

Atlanta, GA 30328 Phone: [protected]

Dear Rheem Enterprise,

I am writing to bring a matter of concern to your attention regarding my Rheem AC unit installed at my home on March 13, 2017. My current AC repairman (Ivan Carballo, Cell [protected]) recently visited the Rheem office seeking a replacement for my broken AC unit. However, he was informed that the unit was associated with Robert Powell, who is falsely claimed to be the owner of my home. I want to clarify that I have been the sole owner of the property located at 12700 SW 96 Street, Miami, FL 33186 since September 2004, and the mentioned AC unit is still installed at my home. Robert Powell, was my previous AC Repairman.

I kindly request that you honor the commitment stated in Rheem's warranty, which assures universal coverage. If my concern is not addressed promptly, I will be compelled to take further action and escalate the situation by filing a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Better Business Bureau, among other appropriate measures.

I trust that you will give this matter the attention it deserves and provide a resolution in line with your commitment to customer satisfaction. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Veronica Mendoza, Cell Phone [protected]/[protected]

12700 SW 96th Street

Miami, FL 33186

June 02, 2023

Desired outcome: HONOR WARRANTY. AC HAS BROKEN SINCE MAY 2022

Hide full review

Is Better Business Bureau legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Better Business Bureau as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 31% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Better Business Bureau stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Better Business Bureau should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Better Business Bureau earns 96% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Better Business Bureau achives 96% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Better Business Bureau. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Bbb.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Better Business Bureau website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bbb.org you are considering visiting, which is associated with Better Business Bureau, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Better Business Bureau is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Better Business Bureau website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Better Business Bureau's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 31% of 1 complaints were resolved.
  • Better Business Bureau protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Better Business Bureau. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
10:24 am EDT

Better Business Bureau Precepts for living sunday school lesson errors

On February 13, 2023, I purchased The UMI Annual Commentary [protected] from The Urban Ministries Inc. of P.O. Box 4870, Chicago, Ill. [protected]. I paid $23 for this book. I am a teacher of Sunday School, and I teach Sunday mornings at 8:30AM on Zoom; and 10:00AM in my church, Union Baptist Church in Dover, De. Upon my attempt to teach on Sunday Morning March 26, 2023, at 8:30AM, I discovered that the lesson I had prepared differed from the lesson the student hand books, for the same company. The lesson in the student book was the lesson for April 2, 2023. On Monday, March 27, 2023 I called Urban Ministries' customer service and spoke with a gentleman who gave is name as Noah. I explained my problem to Noah. Noah indicated that Urban Ministries was aware of the issue and that there were further discrepancies for May, as well. Noah indicated that there was a notice on their web site of the issue, and promised to send an email to me alerting me exactly of the dates of the other issues as well as have a supervisor call me back. On Wednesday, March 29, 2023, after not hearing from anyone from Urban Ministries, I called back and this time spoke to a supervisor who indicated her name was Abagail. Abagail indicated that all the books were incorrect and that it would not do any good for her to send me another. I inquired about the student book so that I would be able to follow along; Abigail indicated the student bood was wrong as well, and offered nothing else.

Desired outcome: I would like for Urban Ministries to either send me a corrected book, or return my $23 as I did not get what I paid for or ordered. The current book makes it difficult for me to teach without know what to teach.

11:14 am EST

Better Business Bureau All-purpose rinse-free cleaning spray

I never received this product. The last tracking update was: [protected]:41:30UTC
Portland,97227,United States,The shipment is in transit in the country of United States
[protected]:27:09UTC
Departed Shipping Partner Facility in the United States
[protected]:32:23UTC
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility in the United States
[protected]:25:28UTC
The shipment is declared at the customs clearance of United States
[protected]:14:07UTC
The shipment arrived at the customs of United States
[protected]:11:07UTC
The shipment has been shipped to United States
[protected]:10:32UTC
The shipment is being inspected at the customs of Portugal
[protected]:17:47UTC
The shipment arrived at the customs of Portugal
[protected]:43:22UTC
Coimbra,4564745,Portugal,The shipment is in transit in Portugal
[protected]:57:48UTC
The shipment has left the sorting center
[protected]:12:40UTC
Agualva-Cacém,2735-573,Portugal,The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin

The company claims this: We are so sorry for what happened.
As we checked, your parcel has been returned by your local post office
What’s more, this parcel will not be returned to our original warehouse, which means we can not receive the parcel neither.
In this case, we have two solutions for you:

1. If you still want the product, we can resend your order, but this time we need to charge some money for our loss of the product and the first shipping fee.
2. If you would like a refund, we can refund you, but we have to minus the shipping fee and the loss of the product from the refund.

They are trying to charge me because my item was lost or not delivered to me. I had free shipping so I should not be charged for redelivery. They want to charge a "loss of the product" from the refund. I feel this is unacceptable since none of this is my fault. I believe they are fraudulently trying to get more money from their customers.

Desired outcome: FULL refund of product $34.41$29.00 Discount 9TH7E2 - $1.45 Shipping Insurance $0.87 Shipping $5.99 Total USD $34.41

1:41 am EST

Better Business Bureau Payment not received

Unfortunately, I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding horrible communication, care, and support I’ve received over the last couple of months with support representatives, their supervisors, and claims adjusters. I’ve called time and time again to reach and talk through my issue with an understanding that Florida has just had a hurricane come through and are busy. I get it. At this point I’ve lost faith in the staff and management. The lack of accountability and trust is the driving force behind my anger with UPC Insurance. To make a long story short, our original claims adjuster, Deb Martin (License #W699406) was great. UPC transferred her to another department in which she seized all communications during the restoration period. The adjuster (Christian Ramsey) who was reassigned to our claim completely screwed this up and mis-interpreted our Final Supplement Letter and closed our claim when we were still owed our recoverable depreciation for both the mitigation claim and restoration claim. I tried to reach out to Christian for several weeks and it turns out that "he's no longer with the company." After Christian was taken off our claim UPC was unable to assign another adjuster for over a month. This is with 2 to 3 phone calls in a week to UPC Support inquiring about when the new adjuster would be issued. I knew nobody was actually putting notes on my account because I kept getting the answer; "An adjuster hasn't been issued because your claim has been closed." I KNOW! "I've spoken and emailed your support and claims department regarding this issue." We are owed close to $10,000 of recoverable depreciation which is not including an additional supplement claim that I’ve been trying to address for almost 3 months which we had to pay $3,500 "out-of-pocket expense" for the restoration to proceed. But I can't get anybody to reach out and introduce themselves and acknowledge that I exist. I am open to having a conversation with someone who has the time and accessibility to research this matter. At this point though I feel the need to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and The NC Attorney Generals Office to put on record that I need help.

Desired outcome: The remaining portion of our recoverable depreciation and the supplement claim processed and issued.

T
6:00 pm EST

Better Business Bureau an existing file

I was sent a message from the BBB, and ow cannot accsess the message to respont to the complaint I fillled against Casket Outlet. My file # is 1799824.

I do not agree with Caket Outlets response to my complaint, and wish to respond. Please contact me at [protected], or by email [protected]@gmailcom.

In addition, I would like to speak to the representative in charge of my file. I am extremely dissapointed that I have sent in screenshots, and photo's of proof that this Casket Outlet company is being untruthfull, yet I get the same response to reply to again.

Tanis Carson

Desired outcome: Closure, and compensation.

10:12 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Better Business Bureau Illegitimate business entity - evasion of state business laws

I would like to file a complaint against a business that is running under a disguise of a legit entity. The business is under the name "A-1 Groceries" and is located at "2919 Arlington Dr, Alexandria, VA 22306, United States" and the phone number is "[protected]". It is known that a person named "Mian Zulfiqar" is the owner but in fact the registration of this business is under a false name. The business is a scam where EBT, Food Stamps and other state sponsored programs are handled with neglect. Customers are given non-food items and cash payments in return of state issued subsidies. Also, I have noticed, there are employees hired on cash that have no proper paper work to work there. Please investigate this business since they are evading state laws and have a bad influence of other legit businesses in the area.

Desired outcome: Complete investigation in regards to the legality of this business.

5:47 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau Design, permitting and construction

MORA'S CUSTOM DESIGNS & CONSULTING INC. is an Inactive company incorporated on June 28, 2018 with the registered number P18000057722. This Domestic for Profit company is located at 4403 SE 16TH PL, SUITE #2, CAPE CORAL, FL, 33914, US and has been running for four years. It currently has one President.

and Milestone Builders LLC seem to be the same thing. Licenses Held:

PE # 84862, CGC1519724,

CCC1331922, CAC1820364

They took $7300 from me in April 2021 which was for plans and permitting of an expanded bedroom and bath room. I received the plans and am happy with them but they did nothing about getting the permit except to pay an initial $165. After repeated attempt of find out what is going on I finally gave up and hired a new contractor who says I have to have the plans and permits paid all over again.

Desired outcome: Document this company's failure to provide services paid for. No one else should have this problem with them.

View 0 more photos
P
9:47 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau William newsome from paypal has charged me with an order I did not make.

Your Purchased Item Was Dispatched

Reference No. 36GVXIX74y-3513L-KhzjXs

Did you get your reference no for invoice 36GVXIX74y-3513L-KhzjXs Robert Frost

From: Robert Frost

Desired outcome: I would like to cancel this order which they state I can do in 'two hours'..but I called their phone no..1/808/353/5022 was told there would be a 2 min. wait and I waited 20 min and no response...

11:22 am EDT

Better Business Bureau Paid down payment on concrete repair and service not completed

Paid Extreme Concrete, LLC, 4780 Streeter Rd, Mantua, OH [protected]) a $2000.00 deposit on 5/14/21 to do repair concrete work at my rental home. After numerous phone calls and texts, work has not been done and company is avoiding all calls and texts. At this point, I just want my deposit back

Desired outcome: I would like my $2000.00 deposit returned.

B
B
Barry Leubitz
Jul 20, 2022 10:25 am EDT

This scumbag now is a defendant in a civil case brought by the Ohio Attorney General's office.

I gave him 1/2 down to expand my driveway. He never performed the work or provided a refund. Sued him in Small Claims and won judgement against his LLC, but that only insulated him against my ability to collect against him personally.

P
7:25 pm EST

Better Business Bureau Misleading and not refund my money back

On November 17, 2021 I had consultation only and paid some money to block that deal but same day I decided not to moving forward because I did not satisfied with her deal. Consultant said yes I will give your money back but never did and never responded to me and never picked my calls. I have spoke with multiple reps and they keep delivering my message to her but she never get back to me. I asked every reps for my money back but they said only Manager and consultant can do but no one doing it. Its been more then 3 months now but no luck. My case is open with high priority but still no one taking action.

They are giving hard time to customers and not thinking about their business which is unethical also lying for so many things. I am done with them

Can someone tell me how I can get my money back.

Desired outcome: Request for refund

Klaus Tolander
Apr 20, 2022 11:30 am EDT

Better Business Bureau-I had ordered three light bulbs that were cameras. However, they did not work with my system and the company {Bulbcam360} did not mention this up front. Then they had 30-day refund policy. When I contacted them, they tried everything for me not to return them. I finally got them to tell me how to return them. I sent them back and thy received them on March 19. Now they keep telling me that the refund is still pending, and I haven't heard from them since. Is there anything else I can do to get them to respond?

1:23 pm EST

Better Business Bureau Luminess Cosmetics

Placed order on 1/10 for Breeze. Received email stating it was on it's way a few days later. Email had no tracking number so I called today to get a tracking number since my card was charged. I finally after numerous (at least 20) attempts got a live person on the phone. I asked about the tracking number and told there isn't one, so I asked him to call the warehouse where the order may have shipped from to get it and he told me he couldn't do that and that it shipped and would be here. I explained to him that they had taken the money for the order and should be able to give me a tracking number and he hung up on me. Extremely concerned not just about that but also further charges from what I am reading. At this point I want the order cancelled and my money refunded. This is not the type of company I care to do business with at all.

Desired outcome: Cancel all of order(s) and refund the $47.01 I was charged. Also cancel any automatic future orders as I do not want to be a part of this.

11:25 am EST

Better Business Bureau Palm coast builders license number 19676

Palm Coast Builders license number 19676 agreed to renovate my condo at 2C Marsh Harbor, SC 29907 June 29th 2021.
In October we met at our new house to discuss renovating it at 591 Sams Point Rd. in Beaufort SC.
Water damage was done by Hargray cable when they came to install the cable service and stepped on the main water line. Hargray has accepted fault for the water damage and agreed to cover the costs.
We requested a new contract and but never received the contract for the new address or the bid for repair that the Liberty Mutual's appraiser representing Hargray, has been requesting for 4 weeks.
The house isn't livable, so we have had to rent an rv costing $4500 per month as well as any cost to keep the rv runniong.

Desired outcome: get my deposit of $40,000 back as well as the new appliances they have at they're workshop

Update by Mara Brunet
Jan 19, 2022 11:28 am EST

We are currently living in a rented rv on our driveway. it is winter and very cold. Can you help?

6:01 pm EST

Better Business Bureau Mostly better business with corporate world and mass surveillance

Like any other trust promise site which pretends to be fair and a trusted platform, BBB silences negative reviews with vague reasons like full name required or 'beyond' their scope or location/area.
The automated emails from their server have tracking pixels that are usually used by hackers to collect personal data such as device details, IP address, location and time.
Customer service is non existent. They fail to be a complaint bureau for us, the consumers.

Desired outcome: Be fair and stop mass surveillance

Read full review of Better Business Bureau and 3 comments
Jan 13, 2022 12:53 am EST

Finally received an email that claims there was nothing illegal about tracking pixel.
Vs.
"Given the ease with which any user can employ email tracking without any assistance from the I.T. or compliance departments, it’s likely that most corporate compliance departments are unaware that email tracking is causing their employer to collect such protected personal data." ~ gdpreu.org

Dec 27, 2021 1:00 pm EST

@"The Beat of buffalo, United States" and ComplaintsBoard.
Anyway the response can be made visible to me or in this public complaint board?

Dec 23, 2021 12:21 pm EST

BBB closes complaints just after receiving first responses from the businesses, however irrelevant those responses could be including 'someone will be in touch with you' or 'we are looking into this', even you state that you are not satisfied with those!

3 comments
4:32 am EST

Better Business Bureau They do not handle complaints fairly.

We had a legitimate complaint against Saratoga Potato Chips. The company replied and we were not allowed to respond back to their final response. We feel that BBB took the position of the company instead of being a neutral party. They are supposed to allow the consumer a chance to reply to each response. The Northern Indiana Branch did not do this. They basically allowed the company a chance to cover up their situation and never let us respond with evidence. We had taken a video after receiving a bag of chips with glass chards. The company also has a review stating glass chards had been found by another family. They also have had violations in the past for mislabeled bags of chips which had allergens. They had Kroger chips Mesquite Barbecue which had Cheddar Cheese chips inside instead. This poses and allergy risk for consumers. BBB did not permit us to add our review evidence as needed. We just wanted to inform others.

Nov 23, 2021 7:38 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

you are aware that they need time to analize the complaint and assess what the company says? if it states closed then that means the company has complied with the complaint. it maybe a glitch so just keep checking it. if they closed it you can contact BBB and ask why you cant respond to the answer.

1:22 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau magazine ad scam

I was cold called by a rep from Pure Path Marketing to place an ad in their "magazine". They place these so called magazines in high end country clubs. I agreed to a half page ad and paid $400. I was called a couple days later for a better placed ad in 3 more country clubs for $235. It was all very high pressure but seemed like a good deal. I come to find out through a BBB search that they have ripped off other businesses and the country clubs never heard of them. Their rating is a D. I filed a complaint with my bank and my money was returned. BBB tried to contact them but they ignored them. This gave them an F. Then I received a copy of a "magazine" which turned out to be a brochure, not a magazine. They claimed to have made my ad for me but I provided the entire ad, all they did was attach a picture of a Disney castle. I showed them what I had found online and they said that is permanent record once online and sent me a link from scam report site where a former agency I worked for made one against me because I left there. They literally researched this and showed it to me. They then proceeded to leave an additional report, a fraudulent report, on that site. They said their relative booked a vacation through me and was charged too much. None of the complaint made sense because it's not how it works with Disney. You can't get a higher price once you are paid in full but they were looking to smear me and had no idea how it works. The BBB advised me to report them to the Attorney GEneral for the State of Florida. This is a scam in every sense of the word. NO ONE sees these "magazines". The country clubs do not do business with this company. They even promised to book a vacation through me trying to convince me to place the ad. I have told every agency I know about them so no one else gets ripped off like I almost did. Thank goodness my bank saw through them too. If Pure Path Marketing calls you, HANG UP!

7:56 am EDT

Better Business Bureau bbb cover ups and diversion tactics (washington d. c. and chicago)

The Better Business Bureau (BBB in Washington, D.C.) allowed me (the consumer) only half an hour to respond online to a business’s response to my written complaint. BBB gave no warning beforehand of this time limit. BBB neither publicly posted nor acknowledged (in the “negative review” category) either of my submitted letters on the AME company. BBB also subsequently removed most of the public content of another consumer’s “negative review” of the AME business yet still publicly posted AME’s response to that consumer. BBB stated “complaint details [were] unavailable” with that consumer’s complaint as well as with mine. I would be curious to know how BBB justifies its A+ business rating for the AME business.

In handling another related case, the Washington, D.C. office seemed a little rude. The BBB said they couldn't help with my complaint against AAD because no financial transaction took place. The BBB website states, however, that the BBB addresses service complaints that focus on misrepresentation or violation of business policy.

When I sent my same review to a different BBB regarding this same AAD organization in its other business location of Chicago, BBB stated it couldn’t process my AAD complaint for completely different reasons than what the Washington D.C. BBB stated. The Chicago BBB gave such reasons as 1) I'm requesting some sort of "disclosure of practices." [I don't know what BBB even meant by that.] BBB also twice wrongly told me 2) that I was filing a complaint with them against a doctor's office, which they don't handle, so I wrote back each time stating that no, this complaint was against the AAD. The Chicago BBB also said 3) they couldn’t act as my lawyer or cop. I did not expect them to. They said other nonsensical things, such as 4) how I'm writing to them with a personal complaint, which they stated they can't handle. But they also said that I was 5) writing this complaint on behalf of other people, so they couldn’t deal with that, either. They said several other things that also didn’t make sense or didn’t apply.

In response to the Washington D.C. BBB's response to me on google: I did try repeatedly to contact AAD and got no response from the organization (as I already showed BBB), and I did already try filing the complaint with BBB but to no avail. The BBB provided examples of complaint cases they wouldn’t handle, cases that were not similar to mine. I was asking the BBB to direct the AAD to act on its avowed principles to serve patients and honor social responsibility, rigorous inquiry, professionalism, and lifelong learning.

In response to the Chicago BBB message to me on google: I wasn't asking for BBB or AAD to determine if another dermatology office had been careless. I was asking BBB for help in getting the AAD to stand by its promises to consumers.

Read full review of Better Business Bureau and 2 comments
2 comments
Nov 23, 2021 8:56 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

this review seems Off, is the complaint origin against AAD or AME? BBB mostly deals with corporations [there are some restrictions. like if the company does not have a US HQ.] to me your complaint against BBB seems shaky. you tell us the complaint starts with AME but then end with AAD... which one is the "offender" to you? the data you supplied Chicago and Washington DC may not have been clear enough for BBB in those locations to accurately determine your need from them. they do throw out complaints for various reasons. this seems to be a incomplete complaint which is dismissable by the BBB.

MB38
Nov 23, 2021 4:35 am EST

The BBB of Northern Indiana did us the same way. They do not care about the consumer. I think companies pay to have things edited.

5:35 pm EDT

Better Business Bureau Fraud / deceptive practice

Better business bureau of new hampshire bbb better business bureau under investigation; accusations of a pay to play scheme have been exposed of this (non-government) "for profit" organization that continuously extorts local business's for money to receive a better grade rating. Watch the shocking new video on you tube now... Youtube.com/watch? V=xx2aramtpj0

E
E
Ernestine Green
Rockford, US
Apr 22, 2022 4:35 am EDT

Ultimo of chicago illinois lied and defraud me out of $174,00 after i return their merchandise the same day i receive it they lied to the bank of rocford illinos stateng i never ask for my money in time which i ask them for my money consantley i still have all the data in my phone from asking for my money also my shipping recept this company will not return your money

H
9:20 am EDT

Better Business Bureau This site is useless for judging a company's good standing in trade

This site is useless for judging a company's good standing in trade - any company can go and pay them and they will give them an A- rating. I have had unpleasant surprises from purchasing from companies who supposedly have a "BBB" A rating.

Read full review of Better Business Bureau and 2 comments
2 comments
frustrated 21
London, CA
Nov 24, 2012 8:38 am EST

I agree that the BBB is useless. Recent articles about the BBB in the London Free Press were followed by very many negative comments and no good ones. It seems the BBB does not do what it says as far as consumers or for businesses. They are interested in their own agenda - which is making money for the people in charge. It is a non profit organization that has no transparency or government affiliaction - it is a private company, like any other business. Just google "BBB useless" and see all the opinions - I will never trust a rating from a BBB again. The staff is uneducated in business and I am embarrassed to be a member. I will never renew again and encourge other business not to renew.

Nov 23, 2021 9:03 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

actually the BBB has a rule that dictates the BBB rating. if a company completes all complaints with satisfaction of the complainant they bump up the rating. if they fail to then it is a bad mark on the company. if there is no complaints for a while on a company then the BBB bumps up their rating. the money only goes [from what i understand] to the accreditation. so lets say the company has 99% failure in completing the complaints to satisfactory or fail to respond then the rating is below C. if the company is A- that means they have made the effort to complete the complaints with satisfaction of the complainer.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Better Business Bureau contacts

Phone number

+1 (703) 276-0100

Website

www.bbb.org

Most discussed Better Business Bureau complaints

Why you shouldn't trust the BBB
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer