Lowe's Home Improvement / terrible experience!

Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:
We purchased $4000.00 worth of Georgia Pacific Lumber from July to September for a Deck project. My contractor used a laser level and installed all the lumber properly (this was not his first deck to build!) he knew what he was doing, at the half way point he realized the lumber was not uniform, one piece might be 7 1/2" wide and the next was 7 3/4" wide. Of course this made the finished product look bad. Lowes/Georgia Pacific came out took pictures and samples of the wood and said they would do what it took to make me happy. After 2 months of trying to talk to them, they lost the pic. and wood and now say My contractor is to blame. WHAT A CROCK OF!!! I am getting a lawyer! I will take the deck apart piece by piece and nail by nail to get my money back if necessary!

Comments

Ch
  15th of Nov, 2007

Lowes Home / Improvement Center - Terrible experience!
Lowes Home Improvement Center

I purchased shutters for a window that had to be special ordered. Upon ordering, I was told it would take 30-38 days for delivery to my home. After the 38 days had expired, I went to Lowe's and spoke with the asst. mgr. who assured me the scheduled delivery would be in one week. Again, I did not receive the shutters. My next call to the store manager, disclosed a problem in shipment and the 'new' delivery date would be in one more week. Over three months later, I still do not have my shutters. The charge was placed on my first bill and was paid to Lowe's long before the the 'original' scheduled delivery. I made many calls and wrote letters to the store manager. I have asked to speak to the district manager (they will not give out his name) and employees insist he will contact me in a short time. To this date I have not had any contact from the district manager. Unfortunately, I too will have to file a claim in court to get my money back from Lowe's. Before my undelivered purchase was made, I was warned not to use Lowe's by a co-worker who had a horrible experience with Lowe's when buying an expensive exterior door and having them install it. Honestly, I'm surprised they are still in business. I will never use the services or merchandise from Lowe's for my home or business. I recommend other folk heed this advice and use the same judgment.
Be
  10th of Dec, 2007
We purchased $4000.00 worth of Georgia Pacific Lumber from July to September for a Deck project. My contractor used a laser level and installed all the lumber properly (this was not his first deck to build!)he knew what he was doing, at the half way point he realized the lumber was not uniform, one piece might be 7 1/2" wide and the next was 7 3/4" wide. Of course this made the finished product look bad. Lowes/Georgia Pacific came out took pictures and samples of the wood and said they would do what it took to make me happy. After 2 months of trying to talk to them, they lost the pic. and wood and now say My contractor is to blame. WHAT A CROCK OF !!!!. I am getting a lawyer! I will take the deck apart piece by piece and nail by nail to get my money back if necessary!
Fr
  5th of Jan, 2008
Many complaints I have read regarding Lowe's - from their anti-smoking policies to complaints like this one. I've bought lumber over the years from Lowe's (returned some, other pieces I cut) that were warped or otherwise not the size so stated in width and length. So I did take not of what you wrote.

Another issue I have with them is their rebate offers, apparently they can't honor them the way the sales people clearly state at time of sale. I'm in a duel right now but getting no place fast, sort of like, "my way (Lowes) or the highway."

Had this one salesman or employee, offer me this piece for my drier saying, "this'll work." Hah, when the installers from Lowe's came to install our new washer and dryer, the installer profoundly confessed to me, "this attachment won't work on this dryer." Hello!
Ga
  9th of Jan, 2008
Why did you let it get this far? Any contractor worth his salary would inspected,measured and sorted the lumber before ever putting in one screw or nail. I would say your contractor was at fault. If he would have looked over the lumber, he or you could have avoided this mess by simply returning the deck boards that did not work.

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
Overall Satisfaction Rating