Complaints & Reviews

air conditioner inv18gdr

Bought an INV18GDR from Kohinoor last weekend. Why would Onida, for a product that costs Rs.46, 990, not...

Mumbai Appliances

Hydrofall washing machine

I had lodged complaint id - [protected] on 08 jul 2016 for repair of the hydrfall washing machine which was under amc with the onida company's authorised service center.
Other giving automated email reply (see below) there has been total and gross disregard to the customer.
β€” forwarded message β€”
From: escalation. desk
To: 'geetha nambiar'
Sent: saturday, august 6, 2016 12:59 pm
Subject: re: query from website - onida.com

Dear madam,

We are in receipt of your mail and have noted the content there in. we take
This opportunity to thank you for choosing our brand "onida".

We profusely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. we are advising
Our bsi to look into your grievance and resolve the complaint to your
Complete satisfaction. complaint id - [protected]

We solicit your kind co-operation and request you to bear the inconvenience
Till then. thanking you with an assurance of our best service attention..

Regards,
Onida customers relation team

Washing machine not working

I bought a onida front load washing machine from Flipkart "IMEI/Serial No: [protected]", "Order ID: OD204165112730733000" as on "Order Date: 14-10-2015" couple of week before washing machine stopped working i made a complain in onida customer care, complain id : [protected] they sent a service person on the same day he said door is not locking properly because of which machine is not starting, he siad he will come with the door part which is not working and fix it, it has been over 1 month now no response. Everyday i call to onida customer care they lodge it as new complain and say that today we will send you service person to fix it another complain no is : [protected], Kindly look in to the issue ASAP and fix it or Escalate it to higher officials so that it will be fixed. I have given my contact no below.

No Disk

I bought a onida DVD last year with in 24 months the lens not functioning. I complained to onida customer...

Onida

ONIDA TV 21- Burst sound followed with burning smell

Hi,

On 7th November 2010 I purchased Onida CTV—21HXP40B from Girias, after 2 months i.e. on 9th feb 2011 there was problem with switching on followed with burning smell. I called Girias showroom and explained the incident to them, immediately one of the service executive came and repaired the television.

Now yesterday i.e. 22nd march 2011 I heard bursting sound from my Television followed with burning smell and it got switched-off. For your information I have connected this television with Stabilizer, stabilizer is working fine.

I am affraid with this Television set whether if it get explode in future?

So I want this television set to be taken back and replace with other or pay my amount back.
This should not be case like TATA NANO.

Last option for me will be consumer court if action is not taken immediatly.

Murlidhar
+91 [protected]
#304, Thirumala Nivas, Gangamma Temple street, jalahalli east, Bangalore-560013

After the warranty period the main part of the TV the tube is damaged

I have purchased Onida oxygen thunder 29 inch on 27 Nov 2007. After the warranty period the main part of the TV the tube is damaged. Now after spending 16, 500 for the purchase of product I again have to pay 9000 for the tube in just 1.5 years.

• Be
    Beware of Onida LCD TV Dec 08, 2010

Sir, I purchased a LCD TV (model-LO22VTSBL)on 30-5-2009 from a shop at Manjeri, Malappuram, Kerala costing Rs.15750/.Now after 1.5 years (on 11.11.10)the TV became out of order .Following the registration of complaint, a technician has reported that its panel has been damaged and it is to be replaced by paying Rs.7500/-, since the warranty period of 1 year is over.There was no voltage fluctuation, no lightning, rough usage etc.A Std.Stabiliser was also there.Apart from contacting even the Product Head V.K.Sagar, and many personnel, I sent 2 registerd letters.Despite that I have not got a written reply, except an estimate of Rs.5000/.This is very callous and negative and shameful.I deserve it to be got replaced free of cost on renewal of AMC-by Sreenivasan C, Chattikkal House, Irumbuzhi P.O, Malappura Dt., Kerala-India

• lcd tv Feb 06, 2012

LCD PROBLEM

washing machine tub leaking

onida products damn it. I purchased onida washing machine hydroshakti some time ago from Khurana electronics Moga Punjab. Since then its spin tub is making noise. We made complaint to the dealer but no one come to check our machine.Then we fastened the screws of the spin tub, then its noise reduced.It occurred occassionally, then we have to fasten its screws ourselves, because the dealer paid no attention to our complaints. Now the guarantee period is over and its washing tub is starting leaking .We made complaint about 10 days ago, but like as before no one checked our machine.
The same condition is of our onidaAC purchased on 4-5-2010 from the same dealer.Its modelW112YR is not giving perfect cooling.ONIDA products are the worse products of Indian brands and the aftersale service of its dealers is the worst .

Washing machine

We bought Onida Hydroplus 60 washing machine from Adishwars, Marthahalli, Bangalore on March 12, 2010. It took 10 days for the company to come and install it. They gave wrong information to company technicians. Onida service center technicians are one of the worst you can expect. The technician who visited us doesnot know how to operated fully automatic washing machine. He told us that he cannot connect the washign machine to water inlet. He came to give demo of semi automatic washign machien to us. He told us that water inlet connection should be done by delear. Delear folks told us it is responsibility of company technicians. In between we lost 12 days to start the machine. I was vexed up with the delays and finally, brought few connectors from local hardware store and connected the inlet of water. We did not open the machine till 24th till we are ready to connect. Then we discovered that delear sent us the bigger size stand. This dealer is a total sham where in his sales people are interested to foist anything on customers. We asked for rat mesh and stand. Had to fight with the delear to get money back for stand. Came to know that stands for this new machine are not available. I thought it was all over. Never buy any goods from this delear. Same store manager who had ample time to talk to me while doign sales was not interested to talk to me when went there to complain about stand and delays in commisioning the machine.

Out troubles didnt end there... After 20 days one fine morning on April 13th, the water was continuously filling the machine. We complained to the serive center. The serivce center folks took 4 days to send some one to our place after repeated follow ups. Service center gives 14 diigt complaint number. If you dont have it written, they open the new complaint!! They dont even have a database of open customer complaints based on customer phone or address. Technician who visited us told that pressure sensor is not workign and it needs to be replaced. He would come back with pressure sensor after 2 days. we waited patiently for 4 days and approached service center. This time sent one more person, he came with empty hands. Through this technician got his manager Murali's number. Murali is one of the most evasive person you can come across. He tells outright lies and keeps on dodging the customers. Finally came to know that spare part was not available and they indented spare part for wrong machine. He would get the spare part. On Friday 30th April Murali told me at 445 PM that they have spare part and Mr. Srikanth technician woudl come and replace it on the same day and gave Srikanth's mobile number. I called Srikanth at around 6 PM, he told me that he doesnt know anything about spare part and he would find out from Murali and call me. I called Srikanth around 630 PM. Srikanth said he is busy and would come back to me. It has been 3 weeks since we complained and the machien is lyign idle. Out 50 days since we bought the machine, machine is idle for more than 30 days. This is the state of Onida deleaers and Onida service in Bangalore. Thsi being public forum I dont want to mention the phone numbers of technicians and their managers. I am hoping Onida company officials would attend to the problem immeidiately.

My sincere request to everyone. Never buy Onida products. They are of poor quality and their service is appalling. Technicians and their managers are very unprofessional.

Name : Y.V RAMANAIAH
Address : H.No 7-110/A2
opp-ankamma temple ULAVAPADU(POST) (M.D)
PRAKASAM(DIST), 523292, AP,
Missed date : 18 Dec, 2009
IMEI No:...[protected]

Onida

ONIDA service center sucks

ONIDA service center sucks. my onida tv baught recently had some problem. i called service center custmor care after few day they showed that was also after constant calling to custmore care. Name of the person was Irshad, This bugger keep on telling me for last 2 weeks that he will come today and fix the damn thing. he never shows up + he inact tells me to come home as he is nearby only. many times i have taken time off from office and later u call him he will never pic up calls.

i am sick of this onida guys specially IRSHAD (You suck man)

• Ra
    ranjith Dec 08, 2007

some times memory missing,not store after auto serch

SandySam123 Apr 18, 2014

Onida customer care service is really bad. For language selection, i gave "English", but still i was routed to Hindi CC section. My hindi is quite poor, so i asked them to speak to me in English, which they refused. Atlast conveying them that a complaint was already registered and technician has not turned up for quite some days, she answered in a rude way and told me to call the NEXT shop hereon and not to bother them. I've never experienced such rude Customer care service EVER !

Terrible experience

We had bought 1.5 ton air conditioner of model ONIDA WO18 on 17 april 2008, through Mr. Jarnail shop name is B.K.Electronic from uttam Nagar New Delhi-59. My a.c. compressor are changed two time but we are not getting proper cooling from this a/c still now. This show that ONIDA quality is day by day going to poor and worst. I have request you to pls exchange my a/c as soon as possible.

fraudsters from onida company

respected sir,

we had given a tv to repair for the onida company fellow His name is raghavendra who is working in Indranagar branch in bangalore as the service technician he took the tv for repair and not delivered from six months now he is telling that the board is not company made but i had brought the tv from branded showroom Girias from sadashivnagar i dont know what to do with this fellow kindly take now i hope he has changed the board and telling that the board was not proper kindly do favor for me so that i can get tv as soon as possible. and my contact detail is [protected]

• Ha
    HASNAIN LOKHANDWALA May 02, 2008

Dear Madam/Sir

I had bought Onida Window A/c 1.5 Tn from a local Dealer named "RAHUL REFRIGERATION", before 1.5 yrs.

After 2 months of my purchase, I had a gas leakage problem in the AC, which was resolved by the dealer lately. It worked for about a month after that properly.

Now during summer time, we again started using it in month of March and Immediately had a same problem. The dealer charged us Rs 1500, which we paid on the condition that the same problem will not occur again.

But only after a week, there was a same problem, the dealer then again took it at the workshop for a check and returned it after 3 days.

Now again after a week or so the same problem has occured.

Even then if I am ready to pay for the repairs of the AC I am not getting any feedback from the company even after i launched the complain at the local office in Vadodara. The technical head Mr piyush whose mobile number is 9925200117 who is a damn ### has rudlessly told me to do whatever i want to do, and he is not going to solve my problem at any cost.

How bad is this company.

Please do something

• He
    Heights Jun 03, 2016

This TV is getting off on its own. This is the third time I am facing the problem. First time under warranty period, the service center people in Bellary Karnataka took three months to rectify. Second time on first week of February 2009 till 25th of April I could not watch TV in my in my house after that they said they attended but it not had the clarity (having irrelevant color 25% of the screen in the corners was not viewable) and sound as before.

For the past one and half months I am calling the service persons to make it right but in vain. Then on 04/06/09 again my TV got switched off. I really dont know when they are going to attend. This is really really ###.

WORST EXPERINCE WITH ONIDA TV and SERVICE

Sub : Trouble with 29” Oxygen TV. Sir, I have purchased ONIDA CTV -29” Oxygen Serial...

Customer Service sucks

I have purchased an onida DVD when my brother bought an LG both were purchased at the same time. and both gave problems of CD/DVD getting stuck. Lg replaced my brothers DVD player with a new one when they seen that, they cannot repair the DVD. But Onida has no service reps who know what is going on and when they come to fix the DVD as well their techinicians are not equiped. and they say that, they will get back.

I shoud strongly suggest every one, that, do not go with ONIDA at least DVDs if any one reading this likes to know more about this could call me on Ph:-[protected]. I will be taking this to Consumer court soon, as i had invested my Hard earned money in a DVD that, wont play when i only use it in weekends.

Harry

Worst service provider

My complaint Number with Onida is [protected] it was during beginning of September, 07, I had been told the technician will come on Sunday as I work and nobody else is there at my home. And unfortunately the Sunday hasn't yet come yet. This second time I have same complaint with this company. Earlier a year ago I got frustrated and took the Directors Office Number from their website and spoke to the PA to the director. Now the Company has made a good improvement, they have removed the contact details to their all responsible offices. When asked to the Customer Service Cell they gave me telephone numbers of Kalyan Service Centre (3209470 & 2327060) and the Superior of the branch, only thing is not a single phone line is working and no mobiles been attended. And this is what Onida is. Hence I would like to appeal the customers of this company to visit the www.complaintboard.com site before going for any of their products. If anybody wants to contact me they can call me on my cell [protected] to get more details.

• Dr
    Dr. Rup Narayan Ray Mar 03, 2008

Hi,

I am Rup Narayan Ray, Asstt. Professor at NIT, Agartala. I purchased onida microwave during festive season of Oct. 2007. The authorised dealer (Roy Varieties, Agartala) promised me gift with this purchase worth Rs. 1000/- offered directly by the company. The gift was promised within 15 days of my purchase which I am yet to receive. I have made contact with the dealer several times since my procurement of the appliance. But everytime they told me it was offered by the company and they had nothing to do. Now what kind of sales promotion is it? Is it not cheating from the part of company? Should I approach the consumer court?

• Sm
    smitha o m Mar 31, 2008

See My experience with onida- Service is poor.

I had complained about my Onida Micro oven 25 L on First week of March 008. Now after 25 days of the complaint, i feel like cheated, insulted.

My Name : Smitha O.M contact number 044-24424055/ 0-9884811855
    Complaint Number : (66380464 and on first week of March 2008).
    Nature of Complaint : Stains on the front glass door

History

I had bought Onida 25L microwave oven on 17th November 2007 at Chennai Saravana Stores. After some times it got stains in the front glass and menu display completely. But that time it was in working condition.
    Regarding this stains we registered compliant in the customer service at Chennai (Compliant number: 66380464 and on first week of March 2008).

One Gentle from customer service came, by accidently he Brocken the front glass completely during his esteemed service

After that we used regularly call to the service centre and Service manager in adayar (Near to our location).He will tell one day and another day we will do it.

Last Wednesday (26/03/2008) another service person from onida came with a new front glass but that size is not suitable to my oven. Since mine is 25 L and He bought 20Ls

He told that the next day he will come and fix the correct one. But still situation is same

On Last Saturday March 29, 2008 I called service manager (Mr Chandra sekhar at Adayar(Near) chennai). He said very rudely that he is busy now and busy with the audit .He cannot do anything the glass it has to come from Mumbai so it will take some more time. Now, After 25 days doing all the experiments with two service engineers Mr Chandra sekhar (service Area Manager-adayar chennai) is telling I needs to wait for 2 weeks, since Audit is going on.He is talking very rudely and in silly manner.

I am really fed up of calling Service Engineer again & again.

Now I am humbly request Onida Authority to step in and take the quick, sharp & necessary action to rectify my Micro Oven problems.
    Then I had one more request to onida please keep some able persons in prime areas. (At least who can speak in politely) in customer service as relation ship managers.

I hope ONIDA will try it's best to maintain the customer faith & esteem. Otherwise I need to drop Onida from my mind.

With Best Regards

Smitha /044-24424055/0-9884811855

Very very poor service

I wish there was a way wherein i could really really voice my opinion against this company. The punch line / slogan of this company says " Neighbors envy Owners Pride " Although I did agree to this when i bough my 29" ky thunder home theatre system, I regret that since 21st September 2007, my view towards the company has absolutely changed... There has been a problem with my tv set and since 22nd September, I have been speaking to the Customer Care team on the number [protected].. a lady took down my complaint and mentioned to me that the next day - 22nd september before 3 p.m. a technician would visit us... Whilst registering my complaint, I had very clearly mentioned that since my husband and I work, we would like someone to come over within a stipulated time. regret that despite my numerous calls ( Mr Prathimesh of customer care is a live witness to this ) till date i.e. 26th September 1945 hours, no one has even bothered to call and check, forget about any technician visiting us... the call centre guys put it on the service centre and vice versa... if a company as reputed as Onida can deal with customers like us, where do we go...

• Gi
    Girih C Tigadikar Oct 04, 2007

Yes I do agree to this particular complaint. I experienced the same scinario. My complaint Number is 07090446380858 it was during beginning of September, 07, I had been told the technician will come on Sunday as I work and nobody else is there at my home. And unfortunately the Sunday hasn't yet come yet. This second time I have same complaint with this company. Earlier a year ago I got frustrated and took the Directors Office Number from their website and spoke to the PA to the director. Now the Company has made a good improvement, they have removed the contact details to their all responsible offices. When asked to the Customer Service Cell they gave me telephone numbers of Kalyan Service Centre (3209470 & 2327060) and the Superior of the branch, only thing is not a single phone line is working and no mobiles been attended. And this is what Onida is. Hence I would like to appeal the customers of this company to visit the www.complaintboard.com site before going for any of their products. If anybody wants to contact me they can call me on my cell 9820961806 to get more details.

• Sr
    sreekanth.t Apr 14, 2008

Hello,

I am Sreekanth. T resident of Hyderabad and my native place is D: Karimnagar.

I bought an ONIDA Thunder 29” TV in the month of January 2008 at Tirumala Music centre (P) Ltd., Begumpet Hyd. I booked it in the showroom but they are having their stock at uppal. So from there they send us in the transport for which I paid extra. I wondered by seeing the LG AC once I received the piece, then I had to send the piece back to get my TV, for which I paid transportation fee extra again.

When I asked about the quality check of the piece to the Manager –operation (Mr. V. Satyender) who is working in the show room. He told that every piece will be quality tested. On top of all these frustration, I found a problem in my TV once I received. i.e some black lines are being displayed in the middle of the screen. I called up both show room and service centre to explicate the problem.

I wondered that the lines are not being displayed when a guy from service came to my home to check. But I have observed that the lines are being displayed sporadically about 3 or 4 hrs or sometimes whole the day. So I asked for the replacement of the piece. They said it can’t be done.

How I can get satisfied with the piece which is having issues, how can I get the justice? Please suggest.

I was really cheated by TMC and in away by ONIDA also since they are giving products with out testing.

sreekanth.T

• Na
    nagendra babu May 19, 2008

I emailed to the company about my microwave oven, i will wait n see for their response as i didnt get any response from local service centre. Then I will comment..if their serviece is good. ' Neibours envy owners pride'. Other wise, ' Neibours pride Owners Envy'.

• As
    A.Sudhakar Sep 09, 2008

I bought Onida Oxygen 29" TV on 18-9-2007. So far there is no problem. But on 6th Sept 2008 I had problem and complained vide Complaint No. 566380264.So far no service engineer turned up. Whenever I ring up, the answer is 'connecting to customer care' and after a minute ringing, it goes into engage tone.
    Otherwise TV so far is giving good performance.
    I will find out address and I will go down to the service center and lay a tent till they attend the problem.
    What else old people do.
    Sudhakar Akula

• Pr
    Praveen Dec 04, 2008

Sir,
    This is Praveen Kumar, a customer who purchased onida ultra slim TV on 19-11-2008 from sri Tirumala Electronics, Sangareddy, Medak District...and with in one week of my purchase...I got a problem from this TV. I complained it to the management or dealer ie., Sri Tirumala Electronics, Sangareddy..But till date my complaint remain unattended and the dealer took little interest to listen to me...If this is the case of customers for ONIDA...in the very near future ONIDA electronics goods will find no takers..

Please help/respond

Praveen Kumar
    cell:9705331500

Bad service, worse product!

I bought a 1-ton onida ac in april 2007. I had gone to buy samsung, but dealer told lot of goodies about onida and we bought onida which was costlier.
Nightmare: Our first shock came when we found that remote control does not have many important functionalities and we have to climb up to access the controls provided only in the ac panel.

We called service center to be told that you should have installed it at a location where it was easily accessible. And anyways, once or twice a day you can climb. Then, we found that there is no attachment through which we can take out the water from ac as it was directly falling on ground. We again complained and got a reply that 1 ton ac does not have that provision, and it is your problem to think of some ac tray etc. We asked them that we will pay for it, but they said that onida does not provide ac trays or such attachments.
Third, we found that control given on the ac monitor have stopped working, and since remote does not have controls, we are stuck. To our despair, we found that the phone numbers provided to us by dealers have been cut now.

Is there any consumer forum where we can fight case against onida?

Advises smb!

Sameer Apr 07, 2008

Give your feedback to http://www.truthatonida.com/beta/customercare/CRCFeedback.asp.

You can also contact customer relation centres which you can find from http://www.truthatonida.com/beta/customercare/relationcenters.asp

jaswant arora May 25, 2010

really a trually sorrow giving company the name is onida whose dealers are liars who give false promises but do not have proper aftersale service facilities .

jaswant arora May 25, 2010

I bought 1 ton onida ac model W112YR on 4-5-2010 from Khurana Electronics Moga on the pursuance of the dealer that it would give perfect cooling to the 10ft.wide and 12 ft. long room. I have to install it by my own, when the dealer said that they have no arrangement to install it, despite the fact that in the booklet it is written clearly that it should be installed by the dealer... But now the ac is not giving proper cooling and it does not cool the room and it is consuming 1.75 units per hour.
    when i complained to the dealer about it he sent mechanic who said that ac is fitted correctly and ac is alright but our room is not suitable for installing ac. Now whose fault it is ? I think it is the dealer's fault who without checking the location sent the ac to our home and moreover did not install it by his own technicians.

sarath Kumar cs May 05, 2011

I purchased an Onida Microwave oven (PC-23) on 4-Feb-2011 from NEXT outlet at Ernakulam. The same failed on 20-Feb-2011. I registered a complaint regarding the same. (Complaint number is 11021716380828. date: 21-Feb-2011). A technician from Adonis came and said that the issue may be due to low supply voltage and he left. I noticed that the explanation is not true as my oven stops functioning even at 208V supply. I again raised a complaint (Complaint number 11031716380253. date 06- Mar-2011). This time another technician came after two weeks and replaced the magnetron. This did not solve the issue. My oven continued to fail even after that. So I registered another complaint (Complaint number 11048156380288. Date: 11-March-2011). This time the technician identified that the problem is related with the transformer and the same should be replaced. two weeks later they replaced the transformer but the problem was still there. When I informed them, They have taken the oven to service center and haven't returned the same. When I called the service co-ordinator to know the status, he said the same will be repaired and bring back in 2 days. But they haven't brought back the same. I called them many times after that, but they do not even pick-up the call.

Within the two months from purchase I had to raise three complaints and the service I received was the worst. I am totally dis-satisfied with the product too

Sarath kumar
    Mob.09995436138

jaswant arora May 12, 2011

aftersale service of onida dealers is zero, they are only confined to sell the products and leave the buyers to suffer for their sin of buying onida products.

DFX - 5957 DVD player not working properly

I bought a DVD player DFX - 5957 of onida, and its not working properly. i contacted their customer service and they checked(after a long time) the player and said they will replace the parts under warranty. Even after 3 weeks there is no news about the replacing.

Please don't buy Onida, i suggest buying a chinese is better than buying onida as at least it can be repaired in local places. And at their price, you can throw them too.

Do not, Do not buy ONIDA brand.

• Ml
    MLV Basava kumar Jul 13, 2007

I purchased onida DFX 8930 player and with in 4 months it developed a problem like its not playing DVD's but all other disks are playable. When i start playing dvd, its getting stucked frequently. I couldn't able to trace problem.