Empire Today / carpet installation

1 West Olive, MI, United States

Took time off for the carpet install. Day 1, they tore up the old. Day 2, no one showed up. Called multiple times, was told someone was coming. No one showed. They subcontracted out the install. Subcontractor didn't show. Subcontractor called that night and said he would come out if I paid him separately. Had to take another day off work to do this. Never an apology from anyone. Within a year, carpet was unravelling and needs to be stretched. Empire says they aren't responsible because they didn't install it. No, but their subcontractor did. Which I was forced to use because they never showed up. The product is horrible and customer service is worse. Now I have to eat the cost of new flooring again after only a couple of years. I have made a point of telling anyone looking for flooring to avoid Empire. I would have been far less disgusted if they had at least taken responsibility for their product and their conduct and made it right.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Oct 02, 2018

Dear Kim, we're sorry to hear this, and we'll be further reviewing your concerns.

• Updated by kimres69, Oct 02, 2018

I have unravelling carpet. Loose spots that need to be stretched. And pure disintegration of portions. When asked at my hospital orientation of a company that failed and would never use again, I used this example. In the same vein, when co-workers and patients discuss home improvement, I tell them to avoid Empire. If you think this is an attempt to not pay my bill. It's already paid in full.

carpet installation