Menu

complaints

Empire Today Complaints Summary

686 Resolved
150 Unresolved
Our verdict: Expect excellent service from Empire Today. While their resolution rate is high, always verify their service terms. Read customer testimonials, both positive and negative, to gauge their service's reliability and responsiveness. Have all relevant information ready when dealing with their customer service for efficient problem-solving.
File a complaint
Claimed
Empire Today has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Empire Today. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Empire Today complaints 836

Sort by:

Newest Empire Today complaints

C
8:52 pm EST
Empire Today has left an official reply on this complaint.

Empire Today mirrow closet door broke by installer

we have been calling empire from the day it was done.(found it 10 mins after they left) they sit our clean air machine in front so we did not see. have called so many times ,give us a reference # and told someone will call within 24 hours. never happen. we have been trying to get this taken care of for 10 weeks now. when we did get to talk to a REAL person they told us they would replace the door. never happen. really sad that a company like empire would string a customer along this long. ten weeks is a long time. would I recommend empire ? i don't think so. would you?

Desired outcome: new doors that match

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Empire Today representatives only. If you are affiliated with Empire Today, please claim your business to access these details.

A
10:19 am EST
Empire Today has left an official reply on this complaint.

Empire Today (6) floor transition pieces in our home need/want removed at no additional cost.

We are writing to bring your attention that we are not satisfied with having (6) floor transition pieces in our home. (4) doorways 3 bedrooms and (1) bathroom is in a small hall across from each other. (2) doorway master bedroom and master bathroom.

Tripping hazard and hard to get the wheelchair through the doors. Still under warranty.

Whole home with Laminate SO02137955 Eastwood - Fawn Chestnut.

March 22, 2023, Contract Number: 015TACY767 total $25,685.00

February 2, 2024, Contract Number: 015TADE007 Total $1,800.00

We are requesting that the 6 floor transition pieces be removed immediate.

Looking forward to your reply within a short time.

Desired outcome: 6 floor transition pieces be removed immediate at no additional cost.

D
10:50 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a contract to install carpet set for today . It was about 10 and I had not received a phone call so responded to a text from Empire. About thirty minutes later I received a call. Their contractors license was not renewed and they just found out. Therefore it would be another four days before someone could come out and install the carpet. In the...

Is Empire Today legit?

Our verdict: Empire Today has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Empire Today's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Empire Today can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Empire Today earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Empire Today achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Empire Today. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 82% of 836 negative reviews, Empire Today is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

The age of Empire Today's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Empiretoday.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Empire Today website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Empire Today and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Empiretoday.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Empire Today.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Empire Today protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Empire Today. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
12:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 12/11/2023 we had kitchen carpet installed by Empire Today. (order #PRJ002446947/SO02078709) Within a few weeks, we saw a tear in the fiber of the carpet and several areas where the carpet was fraying. We called Anthony Pacelli [protected] X3839) the general manager about the issue. He asked us to send pictures, which we did. After that Anthony did not...

L
9:49 pm EST

Empire Today Kitchen flooring

I have had vinyl flooring put in my kitchen, back in 2019. It is white and looks like marble. Was told it was stain resistant, but it does stain. Ans not covered under their warranty. So I lived with it.

But more recently, I have two tiles that were coming off on the corners, and eventually cracked.

I called Empire, twice, finally someone came out to inspect and blamed it on moisture.

Now these 2 tiles are nowhere near any pipes, sink, window, or water of any kind.

They also said the whole floor would have to be replaced since they are all connected.

This was shoddy installation in the first place and something needs to be done at their cost. This is not my fault.

I wish I never used this company.

Desired outcome: New tiles replaced

Update by Lulu Sylvester
Dec 16, 2023 4:25 pm EST

I was also told to get another opinion from another reputable floor company, of course, at my cost.

View 0 more photos

8:40 pm EST

Empire Today Home damage caused by Empire

This company has caused substantial damage to my home. They recently replaced the flooring throughout my house. The workers removed and reinstalled a toilet bowl and replaced it with a wax ring that was too small. Over the course of many months, toilet water slowly built up between the floor and the garage ceiling — this created damage, which they are refusing to repair. I have photo proof of the damages. My plumber has identified all of the blame is from Empire since the wax ring was too small, and each flush would slowly leak and accumulate below. The new wax ring my plumber installed fixed this issue immediately. In addition, all of the trim they installed is starting to peel, and a small area of the floor has already cracked and was replaced in less than a year. This leads me to believe their product won't last very long. I would not trust working with Empire in any capacity.

Claimed loss: $6k

Desired outcome: Refund and apology.

Update by MrMarc!
Nov 27, 2023 5:55 pm EST

I have not heard any update from Empire.

L
2:09 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 7/16/22 we paid $10,000 to Empire Today to have Vinyl Plank floors installed in all rooms of our home with the exception of two bedrooms to be done later. The salesman that came out to our home and sold us the floors told us this type of flooring will not buckle,warp,scratch, or dent and was water-proof so we took his word for it. And apparently that...

Q
3:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought a Vynal floor from Empire at the end of 2022, and after about 9 or 10 months, the whole floor started buckling all over. We called Empire, and they said they would send someone out. Well, they sent 3 different people at 3 different times, and they all said the floor was bad, your customer service rep was trying to make all kinds of excuses as to...

4:32 pm EST

Empire Today Laminate lifting

Had a carpet and laminate install 08/19/23. Several things incomplete. Bullnose to garage (now complete 8 weeks later) baseboards in three carpeted rooms (still not complete). Top layer of laminate lifting in the kitchen area and the upstairs hallway. Not the board but the laminate attached to the board. We had the company come back to access and they blamed it on my dog. Really? I found this out after the rude customer service rep called to check on the quality of service. The initial job overall is nice, but these things are a headache and to get them back out to take care of is awful. I purchased a warranty and just want my flooring that i paid for to be right. My dog did nothing in the kitchen or hallway to lift the flooring. It seems like maybe a bad box of laminate got laid. The rep gave us no time to talk she was just rude. I want resolve immediately.

Claimed loss: $10,000

Desired outcome: Repaired flooring

K
10:25 pm EDT

Empire Today Flooring Installation

Sales representative told me the total price would be $7550, and asked me to sign a contract for over $9700, but not to worry because it would "take a few hours" for the updated discount price to be reflected. I emailed him the following day to ask about when the updated contract would arrive, and I got an email bounce back saying the mail couldn't be delivered. Very shady. Also, the contract says you can send them cancellation via email, but doesn't provide any information on where to send the email or how to confirm that the cancellation was accepted.

Desired outcome: Provide honest information during the sales process, and provide clear information in the contract about where to send the cancellation.

P
8:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sales Representative: Scott Claflin Activity: 1-[protected] Project: PRJ001937874 Installation Date:1/11/2022 Sales amount: $12,892.52 Product: Vallette (Precursor to Bradstreet/Hickory Oak Anise) I began noticing that the flooring was not lying flat and was chipping on the corner edges of many planks, and as you walked around the floors make ...

J
9:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Let’s start the day the salesmen came out on aug 28 gives us the sales pitch of how superior their products are and if we don’t sign today we can’t get the special price so the pressure starts.he gets samples but only a few (apparently only the cheapest was shown) i mention I not seeing anything I really like but he never bothered to show any other sample...

G
11:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a long time customer of Empire. If you keep records on service I am sure you can pull mine up and see all the flooring I have done with your company. I am very unhappy with the response I have received with the last two appts. I have scheduled. I had an appt. scheduled Oct. 11th, 9-11:00. I was at home all morning and no one showed or called. I...

R
6:45 am EDT

Empire Today 30 day refund policy

On September 14, 2023 I had Empire Today come to my home to give me an estimate on carpet and vinyl flooring. I knew I was gonna be comparing pricing being that this was my first time getting my floors done but the price I was given would only be valid if the offer was excepted and a deposit was made on that day. Estimate was $10918.80 and a deposit of $5460 was made. I read that it take 30 days for a refund it’s now October 24, 2023 and still no refund. Looks like Empire Today is sticking it to me cause of my decision to use another company.

Update by Ricardo D
Nov 02, 2023 9:36 am EDT

Refund was issued shortly after this post.

B
6:39 pm EDT

Empire Today Carpeting

On 10/16/2023 I had carpeting installed in our newly finished basement. The gentlemen that were her to install were pleasant - but they did a job on my walls with dents, scratches, and dirty hand prints on my newly sheet rocked, newly painted walls. I called customer service and was advised the contract stipulates that you may get some scratches … which I get … but this was excessive.

The sales people that came earlier were excellent too.

This is an unfortunate situation as the carpeting looks great, but the wall damage has soured our experience with you. I will now pay my contractor to redo the painting, at my expense because of the actions of your agents.

Desired outcome: Reimburse me for the cost of repainting the walls.

D
5:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I contracted for carpet and floor installation on Sept 6 with the Empire representative who then measured and wrote up the contract. Empire showed up on October 4th with carpet BUT did not have the flooring material. The carpet was installed. I was told that the warehouse had moved and this created a problem with flooring inventory. They made an appointment...

8:45 pm EDT

Empire Today Carpet

To Whom it may Concern,

I had carpet laid in Nov. 2022 though your company,

I also purchased a protect plan for stain,

I noticed that I have a stain where my rocker recliner set,

I have called numerous times, and have left numerous messages, But When I do speak to someone, they keep telling me, that some one will return my call with in 3 days, This has been going on since the end of Sept 2023.

No one knows what is going on,

I'm trying to get the stain taken care of

Elizabeth Tegenkamp

H
4:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2021 we had lvp flooring put down throughout our house we started noticing buckling in the floor and one area where our floor was coming apart in one section so when we called empire to file a claim on our floor it took weeks before we heard from them so then they sent a inspector out to check our floor for moisture we said what moisture this i...

U
5:32 am EDT

Empire Today Laminate

We purchased waterproof laminate and the day of installation a substitute product was delivered and installed. We spoke to our salesperson and were told this was simply the next boxes in the supply chain. We were not told the switched product was water-resistant. Further, the quarter-round installed was not what was selected. We attempted to contact the main office and never got a response.

Desired outcome: We want Empire to provide, free of charge, the warranty for our floors since we have lesser quality flooring. We want Empire to provide a $3000 refund so we can purchase and install matching quarter-round.

A
6:14 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Empire Today installed Galewood series vinyl Plank flooring in our house (1,200 s ft - cost 8.1k) with a "lifetime" wear and structural warranty in September of 2021. The prior laminate floor was fine - 4 worn boards that could have been replaced - but was an ugly yellow. Empire removed old laminate and installed vinyl flooring. We bought a new vacuum, use...

View 0 more photos
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Empire Today contacts