Having problems with Empire Today?

Empire Today Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 588 2300 (Customer Service)
333 Northwest Avenue
Melrose Park, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Empire Today Customer Service. Initial Empire Today complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Empire Today above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Empire Today. Discuss the issues you have had with Empire Today and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Empire Today Complaints & Reviews

Empire Todayservice

Hello,

I had a large area of flooring put in by Empire. I really liked the sales lady and we decided to go with her recommendation. The floor looked and felt great for about 3 or 4 months. Then we noticed several area's that didn't feel solid under our feet anymore. I have had Empire out in November 2020 to repair an area that was lifting up. I had to call again with the same area having issues and the surrounding tiles as well. Empire sent out the maker of the tile to do an assessment. They determined it was not the tile that was the problem and that was the last I heard from them. I have been trying to reach out to Empire since then and have had no return calls or any type of follow-up. The customer service people seem helpful but they all say the same thing, "I will escalate this call and you will hear back within 24 hours." I no longer have any confidence that that will happen. I am very frustrated and don't know what else to do. I will be posting as many reviews as possible in the hopes of getting this issue resolved.

• Updated by Tarattn · Mar 02, 2021

Poor install, followed by poor communication and no call back regarding this issue.

• Empire Today's response · Mar 02, 2021

Dear customer, we understand that your time is valuable and sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email your concerns and contact information to [email protected] for further assistance.

Empire TodayI received an inferior product I did not purchase

A couple years ago, I purchased engineered hardwood, Cambridge Cocoa. What I received was a pressboard with wood fibers. I found out when we pulled up our flooring recently and had it examined because it did not look like an engineered hardwood. It looked like cardboard paper pieces with wood sticker on top... it is the best way I can describe from examining the piece we cut out to analyze.

I received an inferior product I did not purchase

• Empire Today's response · Mar 02, 2021

Regina, we regret to hear that your floor is not meeting your expectations. We've located your order and will be in touch with you soon.

Empire TodayContract cancellation

Cannot cancel contract on econtract customer ser.kept putting me on hold and transfer.
      Finally spoke with Linda in south Texas who said.she would cancel the contract and not to be concerned about it. No confirmation of that.
      No way to cancel contract in e contract no one was able to give me direction on how to access or who to talk to.
      This is not good business practice.
      The reason for the cancellation was the salesman said things that were not true and when I asked about the 48 month financing he said"oops I already put in for 12months and I cannot change it" I found this to be dishonest to say the least.He also said the work would be done with in hoise contractors upon closer examination the work is done by independent contractors,

• Empire Today's response · Feb 26, 2021

Joann, we’re disappointed to hear that you’re going through this, but we’re having a bit of trouble locating your account. Please email your information to [email protected] so we can help.

Empire TodayThe laminate flooring installed by y’all

My name is Jimmy Faust

I start by seeing your commercial. You know, 18882300empire. So I figured I would give you a chance. So I called and set up an appointment. The man y'all sent told me to get my keys and try to scratch the sample. So I did and it looked water proof and I thought I would get the sample on my floors. Well it was not the same as the sample. Now I'm stuck with what y'all gave me.

The laminate flooring installed by y’all

• Empire Today's response · Feb 26, 2021

Jimmy, we take concerns like this very seriously and would like to help any of our customers who need further assistance. Please have them contact us at [email protected] with both their concerns and contact information.

Empire TodayWorn carpet

I purchased 8000 dollars worth of carpet 7 months ago. The product I bought has a warranty of 30 years. Best for pets and kids. Upgraded my padding to help with pet accidents. In that amount of time, my carpet is very worn and holes in some spots. Looks extremely dirty. Even thou I had it cleaned 2 months ago. Coming up in spots. The carpet pile never stands up. I vacuum daily! With 2 different vacuums! The stairs were not stretched correctly. You can see marks from then using the tools to install the carpet. We called and complained 2 months ago. That person never showed. Had to call again and reschedule. We did but they called us and said it was a manufactured problem. We had to wait an additional 2 weeks for them to make contact with them. Empire told us to be ready because they were going to replace our carpet. Great! They get here and say they have to call manufacture and file a complaint. What! That's why we waited. My husband took time off work and moved everything to have nothing done. Making contact is trouble all on its own. You call and leave a message and they might return your call. The salesperson is another issue. Man is he good! Ha! Got my money and never looked back! I went with empire because of warranty and the name. Who doesn't know empire! I started off so excited. Only to be disappointed. I want my old carpet back! I feel cheated, ignored and used! I am left 8000 dollars in debt, with horrible carpet and no resolution.

• Empire Today's response · Feb 22, 2021

Jessica, we take your concerns seriously, and will be in touch with you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Empire TodayCarpet installation

We choose Empire over another local installer because the sales agent was great! Little did we know she's the only helpful employee. We ordered our carpet the middle of Oct to have installed before thanksgiving. Sales agent told us 11/11 for installation. When 11/11 came, no one showed up. We moved all our furniture and a piano to get ready. Called the sales agent who had someone at the main office (in Grand Rapids)call us. Apparently, the sales agent can't give dates for install and must come from the office. NO ONE from "the office" ever called to indicate when installation would be. Then was told they can't find our carpet. "We have another color carpet u could try that's here." I should've just cancelled right then. Went ahead and allowed them to "find" our carpet. They found it the middle of Dec and called wishing to install the next day. Sadly, we had a Xmas tree up and a piano filled w/nutcrackers that couldn't b moved. So we scheduled for 1/8. Again, poor communication as NO ONE called to confirm they were coming on the 8th. I called the sales agent again, as she's the ONLY person at Empire who will answer her phone. She said that while I didn't get a call we were in fact on the schedule. I trusted her and said ok.
            Thankfully, the guys came and installed the carpet, for our family room and stairs, requiring the remainder of our balance. The tricky part is the stairs done differently. The installers have to cut a section for the stairs, take it to a "binder" to bind the edges, then come back to install that. Ok, I'll pay when that job is done. No, apparently, I signed a contract that says I pay when the carpet is installed. I even had a manager from the office tell me the original delay of my carpet wasn't their fault and the fault of the manufacturer. He assured me the turn over for the binding would take max 2 wks. Well, its almost 3 wks to the day I paid in full and DO NOT HAVE my stairs completed. The communication w/this company is atrocious. A phone call or even an email would go a long way telling the customer what the status is. My husband is mad because he didn't want to pay in full til the stairs were complete, but I trusted this David Iglesias in what he was telling me. Now, I can't get him to answer his phone. I'll never use them again, nor will I recommend them and will be filling out the survey w/all these details. They shouldn't b allowed to do this to customers, as I'm reading it appears they've done this to others. I'm kicking myself for not going w/the other local installers. I just want my bound stairs carpet installed so I can b done w/them.

• Empire Today's response · Jan 29, 2021

Colleen and Dave, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly to further address your concerns.

Empire TodayLVT

LVT was installed in December of 2019. Installers had no idea of how to install over concrete. Used a product that was not meant for cement leveling. The product they used created a tremendous amount of dust. The dust settled on the LVT and they used Denatured Alcohol to clean the floor the fumes were awful. After months of trying to clean the haze off of the floor they sent out another installer he said the floor had to be replaced saying it was a manufacturing defect. In October of 2020 they replaced the floor, when they pulled up the LVT the product that was used to level the cement floor crumbled causing so much dust that had to open all the windows and doors to try to see to level the cement floor and install the LVT. Needless to say the same thing happened to the floor when they tried to wash the floor to clean the haze it would not come clean. An install manager came out to look at the floors and said they had to be replaced. However the manufacturer stated it was not a manufacturer's defect. Empire has not returned any of my calls.

• Empire Today's response · Jan 08, 2021

Michele, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Jan 06, 2021

Empire Today — Carpet installation

We purchased carpet from Empire to be installed in three areas in our home. An average sized bedroom, a small...

Empire Todaygeneral

This was the worst experience ever I set up an appointment to get a simple floor and carpet installation in my home and it turned to pure "hell". I paid the full amount with my credit card and needed a refund because of an emergency. Never got my refund and every time I call it get a reference number, but no follow up. Please, can I get my money ! It's been over a month and I've called every other day and nothing! this is crazy!

• Empire Today's response · Dec 24, 2020

Patrick, we'd like to further assist you, but are have trouble locating your account. Please email your concerns and account information to [email protected] for further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you.

Empire Flooringwood floor and trim

They are a total rip off, overpriced and poor workmanship, crews can't speak English? Messed up two complete floor and ruined the moldings twice, plus hit the walls, which caused another repair I had to pay for. They will not answer calls and the salesman disappeared. Their work standards are a joke and very unprofessional. I had to pay another guy to come and fix everything they messed up. This is not right and I demand a $800 refund for what I had to spend in repairs.

• Empire Today's response · Dec 18, 2020

Dear Customer, we're unhappy to hear this. We want to help you, but we're having trouble locating the correct account. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can provide further assistance.

• Ph
                      Phillip Reynolds Dec 19, 2020

reference Customer Account # 1-21YIAAT

Empire TodayCarpet installation and Nate and switch

The carpet we ordered and the carpet they brought to install looked very different. We called the service rep, she did not return our call for 13 hours. The carpet was installed since the installers insured us it was correct. Since then it has been a nightmare! The carpet is literally unraveling. We pick up pieces every day. It was not kicked in on the steps, only cut to fit. We had the installer come back out because the tack strips we cooking up and poking our feet. He took pics. We were in contact with Sheryl Allen (csr). I sent many many emails without her responding . I finally called a supervisor. His name was Orlando. He couldn't care less. We finally received an email from Sheryl stating that " per the manufacturer, the stairs were not included in the warranty". The carpet is less than 3 months old, yet it looks like it is 15 years old. I so disappointed in this company, they have yet to even attempt and apology!!

• Updated by Charlie Reddick · Dec 14, 2020

This is a follow up to my last complaint:
                        We have major issues with the carpet upstairs...the seams are showing, the carpet is literally coming apart before our eyes. We called and called empire to come and fix it. They didn't reply for more than a week. I called and emailed every day, twice a day. They finally sent the original installer back out. The tack strips were coming up: resolution...beat our stairs to death with a hammer, that's what the guy did that you guys sent out here to fix it!
                        There is a spot in the master where it feels like something is under the carpet: resolution...beat the carpet with a hammer. The seems are not only showing, but they are shredding and coming up in strips. Resolution: take pictures
                        Two weeks later, we received an email stating the manufacturer wanted more information. Playing and simple..THE CARPET NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. This is what we deserve. The carpet is supposed to be limited 15 year carpet. It isn't even 3 months old and needs to be replaced.

• Empire Today's response · Dec 16, 2020

Charlie, we’d like to assist further, but we can't locate your account. Please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information, and we'll get in touch with you right away.

Dec 10, 2020

Empire Today — Vinyl flooring

Tiles are creme color and multiple tile have turned yellow. I've contacted the company and was told no...

Nov 28, 2020

Empire Today — Flooring installed

The Nightmare doing business with Empire Today. Let's get started. 10-24-20 appt. with sales lady...

Empire TodayQuality

We had Empire today install carpet that was so full of chemicals, we had to pull it out in less than 3 weeks. Then they put in Red oak, to which I was allergic! We went with them because of their competitive prices. Big mistake! I had to live in a hotel for most of a year due to the above problems. We lost over $55, 000 and we are low income retirees!

Resist the temptation of buying from this low quality product company!

• Empire Today's response · Nov 24, 2020

Carol, we sincerely apologize for your experience and assure you that we take matters such as this very seriously. We'll be further reviewing this matter.

Empire TodayWarranty work

May 2020, I paid to have hardwood flooring installed on my stairs and the walk way upstairs. In september, the wood applied onto my stairs, started to come apart, so I called for it to be repaired. Someone came out to inspect, and stated that the parts was gonna take awhile to come in. 2 months later, I called to see what's going on with getting the repair completed. I was informed that if I want to have the work completed, that i'll need to pay an addition $318! I was informed that the issues with our stairs is not an installation error but the customer error. Very disappointed with empire, I will never uses them again, or even referr anyone to them!! I'm still upset about the lack of communication, lack of warranty services, for covered work. I wish I never used them

• Empire Today's response · Nov 24, 2020

Dear customer, our goal is for our customers to have a great experience from start to finish - and we're sorry that didn't happen. Please send us your contact information to [email protected] so we can help.

Empire TodayLVP

We had LVP installed about 6 months ago. The seams started rolling and got a bubble in one spot. Our house is a concrete slab so it should have a vapor barrier under the floor to protect from moisture. They had the installer come pull the flooring out and now saying carpet is the only thing that can be installed which would be my whole house. If they install the LVP it's going to void the warranty. They are saying I need to have a contractor come out to seal the floor so it doesn't void the warranty. The salesman said there would be a vapor barrier installed under the floor because that was one of my questions at time of sale. Did not happen. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

• Empire Today's response · Nov 13, 2020

Dear customer, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we sincerely apologize for this matter. We'd like to follow up with you, but are unable to locate your account. Please email your account and contact information to [email protected] for further assistance.
                              -ET Customer Support

Empire TodayEmpire cancelled my contract and will not refund the deposit

I met with the sales rep in my home in Aug of 2019. I explained that I could not have the floors done until the spring of 2020 due to the installation of a new roof in Dec and also new sliding doors in Jan 2020. The sales rep said this would not be an issue so I paid 3k on a deposit for new flooring.

I received a call from Empire Flooring in April 2020 stating they had canceled my contract. It has taken me 4 months to get a customer service rep to respond to my inquiry about why Empire canceled the contract. I am still waiting for the manager from the local office to respond to me to find out why my money wasn't refunded. Please help.

• Empire Today's response · Nov 06, 2020

Kathy, we’re disappointed to read this. We’re having a bit of trouble locating your account. Please email your information to [email protected] so we can start working on a resolution.

Empire Today FlooringHardwood Flooring

Very Frustrated and Disappointed!!!

My husband and I met with Sales Representative for a consultation in mid July 2020, for wood flooring for my entire upper level, stairs and foyer, and, LVT flooring for three bathrooms. Got approved and installation was scheduled for the next day. The kitchen flooring is not leveled with the other flooring, about 1/4 inch higher, and where the refrigerator is, the wood does not meet up to the kitchen cabinet. In the master bedroom, there is a portion of the flooring where you can still see the subflooring because the wood is not appropriately connected to the other wood flooring, as well as pieces of the shoe molding were left just square without adding the rounding pieces to make it complete. I reported my concerns to Empire, along with work to replace a few baseboards/shoe molding that were damaged when I got some doors replaced, which I was willing to pay for those repairs. I spoke with my assigned representative, who scheduled for someone to come out to access what needed to be done. The foreman, who did the initial install came and took pictures of the repairs that I was going to pay for, as well as, the concerns that I had with the initial installation (space gapping with the flooring in the bedroom and the kitchen not being leveled with the other flooring) throughout the upper level. The representative contacted a few days later and I was quoted $544 to fix the repairs that were damaged, not fault of theirs. I received an install date and when the installers came, they did not have all the material to fix all the repairs that I agreed to pay for. I mentioned to them my concerns about how my kitchen flooring was not leveled and they agreed, took pictures, called their supervisor, and, said that they'd get back to me. For the second time, I received another install date, and, again, they only came to do the repairs that I agreed to pay for, and, did not have all the material to complete the job. I spoke with the representative and reported the same issues. For a third time, the cycle repeated itself with the same result, took pictures and agreed that the flooring was not done properly. I informed the representative of my disappointment and how dissatisfied with the outcome of nothing being done to rectify the issues with my flooring. After weeks of going back and forth, I requested that a Supervisor come to see the work that was done, and, to see if my issues/concerns and fixed to my satisfaction, took pictures and nothing was done. I mentioned that we're paying almost $15, 000 for the flooring, and, that we are not satisfied customers of the work that has been performed. She indicated that she did not see where an inspection was completed on file after the flooring was installed, and, I agreed, so she scheduled an inspection. When the contractor came out to access our concerns, we were informed that the kitchen flooring was not leveled because pieces of our subfloors were damaged, which was not brought to our attention, on the day of the install. I said to the contractor, both me and my husband were here doing the installation, and, why was it not brought to our attention? We are not the professionals, so how are we to know! He stated that they would have had to take up our cabinets in order to fix the problem, which I disagreed to. After that, I was contacted by my assigned representative, who informed me that the contractor said that there was nothing that they could do to rectify the problem, and, that the contractor for Empire said that they were willing to take off $200, and, I told her that that was unacceptable, and, for the amount of money that we're paying for the floors. It seems as though they are finding ways to make excuses as to why they don't want to resolve their mistakes. For the fifth time, on October 22, 2020, two more installers came and had only two pieces of baseboards to repair (for $544.00) and I said absolutely not. They again took pictures of all the problem areas, agreed that the flooring was not leveled, called their Supervisor, to report all the issues, and, he asked if could speak with me, which, I did, and, he assured me that they would resolve all of my issues/concerns. I have attempted to reach out to the supervisor, twice, and, left messages, and, has yet to receive a call back. I have also sent the representative two emails, in which she provided would be the best way to contact her, but, has yet to hear back from her, as well.

I am looking forward to a resolution to address my concerns/issues with the hardwood flooring, or, a full refund.

Sincerely,

Valerie Blalock

• Empire Today's response · Nov 03, 2020

Valerie, we know your time is valuable, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We're currently looking into your concerns and will be in touch with you shortly.

Empire TodayCarpet installation

The installer showed up late with a carpet sample that was not of the quality my wife and I had chosen. We decided to cancel and wait because it was going to cost us at least a few thousand more for a different type of carpet. We were told by multiple service reps that because we didn't cancel within the 3 days, something the sales rep failed to mention, that we would not be getting out 400 dollar deposit back. Who cancels within 3 days? We waited 2 weeks for the install and were presented with an inferior product. Of course there wouldn't be any issues within 3 days.

This has to be the shadiest and most despicable business practice I have ever experienced. Empire pulls this during a pandemic no less, when money is very hard to come by for most people. Who thinks they are going to get ripped off by a carpet contract? Next time I'll definitely read the fine print and I hope everyone stays far away from Empire today.

• Empire Today's response · Oct 20, 2020

Dear customer, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We want to help address your concerns, but we're having trouble locating the correct account. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can follow-up with you.

Sep 11, 2020

Empire Today — Installation and laminate

Signed a Contract with Empire Today (sale rep Joe Kline) a month ago. We were told all of the laminates and...