Complaints & Reviews

Wrong products, runaround

Easy Warm Floor ("EWF") sells radiant heat systems for under-floor installation. Their prices are competitive, apparently because they skimp on quality and customer service. On August 20, 2010, I ordered a 120 square-foot, 120V system that was supposed to include (1) resistance wire, (2) floor sensor, (3) thermostat, and (4) relay. The wire and relay arrived quickly, but the thermostat and sensor did not accompany the other materials. EWF informed me on 8/30/10 that the thermostat and sensor had shipped separately. By 9/9/10, they still hadn't arrived and the USPS tracking number I was given by the customer service rep, "Mike" never once returned a valid status on USPS's site. Mike's response to my email was that "USPS didn't scan the package so it was impossible to track", and that a new one was being shipped again that day. By 9/16/10 the thermostat still hadn't arrived. Mike's response to my 9/16/10 email was to tell me that their "records showed that a sensor was shipped with the other materials." Yeah -- that's why I'm asking for one. Besides, I'll bet their records show I was sent a thermostat also!

On 9/17/10, Mike finally sent me a thermostat and a real tracking number. Because of the delay caused, it was not until December that I could install the floor. At that time, I realized that the "customized installation instructions" that were supposed to come with my order were not included, and when I inquired, EWF told me that they didn't exist. Because I ordered loose wire rather than the mats, no installation (wiring) diagrams were made. However, their engineers determined somehow how much wire would cover the (to scale) diagram I sent. They were just unwilling to show me how they did it. So I lay the wire, install my tile floor, wire up the system, and it fires up and works great. For a week. Then it stops.

Skipping over several rounds of back-and-forth, EWF sent me a 240V relay and 240V thermostat. After all the trouble it took to get a thermostat, they SENT ME THE WRONG ONE, and the wrong relay from the get go. So the 240V relay and thermostat ran the system for a week before burning themselves out trying to run a 120V system. When I removed the relay, trying to diangose what happened, I noticed the relay said 240V (but someone had put white out over the small marking for "240V") and of course the super-cheap thermostat of course is not marked at all. I called, and they sent a 120V relay but no new thermostat. When (of course) the 120V relay didn't power up the 240V thermostat I still had, I called . . . again, and they said they were sending me a 120V thermostat. That was 10 days ago. Guess what hasn't arrived.

Bottom line: it's 6 months from my original order and I STILL can't get a 120V thermostat that was included with my purchase. These people do not take care of their customers. They are sloppy and act without regard to their customers' time and frustration. You'd think after all of that someone could pull a 120V thermostat off the shelf, make sure it's 120V, and throw it in a FedEx envelope.

unauthorized use of credit card

This company (Easy Warm Floor) used my credit card without my permission. After a year of trying to get my money back I contacted the office of Attorney General of Illinois. I contacted the Attorney General of Illinois. They took my complaint and went after this company to get my money back. It took them a few months but I was credited the full amount they took from my account. This company is trying to take advantage of customers. The Attorney General wants to know of any other complaints from this company. They will help you. Here is the information.

Lisa Madigan
Attorney General
State of Illinois
100 West Randolph St.
Chicago, Il 60601
[protected]

Wrong product

Nice at first. Told them I needed 240v floor system. It took them 3 weeks to build and send out the floor...

Scam charges

Ordered products from Easy Warm Floor in November 2008 and paid with CC the amount of 'Grand Total'. I ordered the amount needed with no plan submitted or no additional help needed. The product arrived as stated and charged. In March 2009 I noticed an additional charge on my CC and tried to contact Easy Warm Floor about the charge. 'Mohamed' stated that I approved the charge and it was for plans and admin. I stated that I did not approve the charge and after searching the internet I found others suffering the same deceptive business practices by this company. When I asked for a refund 'Mohamed' stated 'good luck' and hung up. The Chicago BBB has this company listed as 'Unsatisfactory' due to unresolved problems...namely the problems we are having with this company. I have disputed this charge with my CC company and will be actively seeking a solution to this deceptive business practice by 'Easy Warm Floor' in Chicago.

Buyer beware...this company doesn't deserve to be in business in the U.S.

• Ju
    justise101 Jul 28, 2009

Easy Warm Floor - sucks!!! Stay away, avoid at all costs. Do not purchase anything over the phone. Read on line reviews about the company, business if you do want to buy something on line. Call the BBB (Better Business Bureau) of that city where the company conducting the business, check their record with BBB. Do as much research as possible on Google Easy Warm Floor is a bunch of scums, they won't refund you your money, even if it was their fault. They sound like an underground or home based type of business. Stay away from these scammers!!!

• As
    as instructed Nov 10, 2009

They are trying to pull a fast one on me. They sent me the wrong size. I called up and told them that one mat was installed and the longer mat was partially installed. They instructed me to return the partially installed mat and they would send me a shorter mat. I did as instructed and when they received the mat I sent back, they said they were charging my credit card $322.00. I had checked with them before and they assured me there would be no additional charges. I called back to see what was going on with the charge and I go a long lecture from 'Mohamed' and he had no intertesting in hearing what I had to say. I will never do business with these folks again. I will be contacting the BBB.

Deceptive business practices

Deceptive Business Practices. Agreed to amount was charged and 3 months later another charge was put on my...

Unauthorized charges

I purchased an easy warm floor in August of 2008 and authorized the purchase via a telephone call, since...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices