Having problems with Pergo?

Pergo reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 28, 2007. The latest review Pergo MAX 5-in W x 3.97-ft L Moneta Mahogany High-Gloss Laminate Wood Planks was posted on Nov 23, 2020. The latest complaint Defective flooring - covered by Lifetime warranty was resolved on Aug 22, 2011. Pergo has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 25 reviews. Pergo has resolved 7 complaints.

Pergo Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 337 3746 (United States)
+44 283 025 0477 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
+61 397 943 888 (Australia)
2000 Pergo Parkway

United Kingdom & Ireland
Unit 5 Rampart Business Park, Newry, N. Ireland, BT34 2QU

Australia
20 South Gippsland Highway, P.O. Box 166, Dandenong VIC 3175

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Pergo Customer Service. Initial Pergo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Pergo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Pergo. Discuss the issues you have had with Pergo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Pergo Complaints & Reviews

PergoPergo MAX 5-in W x 3.97-ft L Moneta Mahogany High-Gloss Laminate Wood Planks

Pergo MAX 5-in W x 3.97-ft L Moneta Mahogany High-Gloss Laminate Wood Planks
Item #145924Model #LF000274
Purchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes contractor
430 Sq Ft in Family Room, Kitchen and Hallway

Floor is buckling at seems

Lifetime limited residential warranty. How do you refund me for both cost of product and installation costs/

Internet has many complaints about this product. Product is no longer carried by Lowes

Pergolaminate

I bought a brand new home two months ago with pergo flooring in every room. It was a selling feature of the home but before we even moved in we saw chips and scratches and holes in every room. I had a waterproof vinyl wood flooring in my last home and it looked perfect for all the years I lived there. Everytime you drop or place anything on the floor it leaves a mark. Something very lightweight like the TV remote, my dogs' bone or dropping a bottle of hand soap or anything at all leaves marks in the flooring. I keep having to buy more and more rugs to cover up holes and chips in the floor. We've been here two months and I feel like I want to replace all the flooring. I feel this product is as cheap as cheap can be and I will never buy any pergo product ever again as long as I live.

• Updated by Paulsp · Apr 21, 2019

I have been in a brand new home two months now and we have pergo in every room. There are chips and scratches and holes in every room from things as simple as dropping a TV remote, my dogs claws, her playing with her bone on the floor, placing a screwdriver on the floor, moving the bed to vacuum, sliding the plastic bowl I clean the floor with, etc. Every single thing that touches the floor leaves a mark or a chip or a scratch and even holes. The flooring looks old after two months. I wood waterproof vinyl flooring in my last home for years and it always looked perfect. I hate these floors and really want something to be done about this inferior product.

Pergopergo laminate flooring

We bought Pergo Laminate Flooring in November 2017. In September of 2018 we noticed that there was an area of about 10 boards where the edges were buckling. We went back to Lowe's where we bought the flooring and informed of the problem. They filed a complaint with the manufacturer . We were notified by an inspector that he would have to come and assess the flooring. He finally came in January of this year, but we never heard anything. My husband had to go back to Lowe's and ask them to find out what the outcome of the assessment was. We were called several weeks later by Lowe's and informed that the complaint had been denied because we had used a wet mop on the floor. If we had used a wet mop on the entire floor, why was there only a small area that was involved? We have tried calling the complaint line several times but never get an answer or return call.

Feb 07, 2019

Pergo — laminate flooring buckling

We bought Pergo Laminate flooring about 2 years ago, in October of last year, and we noticed there was an...

Pergo — pergo laminate flooring

There is a white residue or film on the flooring that no cleaner will remove. Everything I do to try and get...

Mount Royal

Pergo Lanimate — Pmax hg moneta mahogany

I purchased my flooring in January 2014, I loved the floor and it really looks nice. But I have an issue...

Pergo — Pergo XP Extreme Performance

We spent $6500 on Pergo XP Cross Sawn Chestnut in Fall 2012. It was installed in 5 rooms, a hallway, and a...

Pergo Max — Laminate flooring

purchased 2000 sq. ft pergo max floating floor from lowes 9/2014. installed by our contractor and looks great...

pergo laminate — floor is failing

I have over last 15 years have had pergo flooring in my slab home.. 5 months ago I remodeled my home and...

Pergo — Awful customer service

one month ago we purchased over $1, 000 of PERGO Presto Grey Yew flooring from our local Home Depot. After...

PergoBad product

Pergo lamnete flooring that has a life time warrenty is chipping all over the floor. It was installed correctly but company refuses to replace it. 50 years i have used cheaper flooring in rental houses and have never had a problem that i am having with a much more expensive floor. They have sent two differant inspectors and they don't agree on the problem. It is just a bad product. Glenn Sensabaugh

Pergo Max — Transitions

Lowes in Riverhead, N.Y. Is insisting on selling me transitions for Pergo laminate flooring that is running...

Pergo MaxChipping, discoloration, scratches, wrapping around edges

We purchased the pergo Maxx because Lowe's sold us on the lifetime warranty and that it was the best flooring around. This flooring is a piece of crap! Chips, discoloration and warped around the edges even though we followed all the rules of cleaning it. Pergo nor Lowe's will help us with a warranty on this product. 3000+ down the drain

Pergo laminate floor — Worthless Warranty

I had Pergo on my previous house from [protected] and it was great! So I decided to install it on my new...

Pergo India Pvt. Ltd.Defective flooring - covered by Lifetime warranty

I had installed Pergo Laminated flooring (PVT 28032) in my new Villa, at Cochin, Kerala, during December 2007, and received a Warranty Certificate Sl. No. 045/08 dated 03/01/2008 offering me a Lifetime warranty for the installation. The work was carried out by Aazman Enterprises, Cochin - 21, and the Warranty Certificate, too, was issued under their seal. It is under 4 years old and the floor has already peeled off in some places and bubbled up in some other places. When I contacted a gentleman called Sameer (who mentioned that he was the Regional Manager for Pergo, based in Cochin), he claimed that the floor had got damaged because of 'water seepage'. I was shocked to hear his statement, since there was no trace of waters eepage / dampness, anywahere and, moreover, waterseepage, if any, could not have affected in small pockets. His behaviour, too, was not couteous or customer-friendly. When I showed the floor damage to another knowledgeable person, he mentioned that the defects had arisen because of faulty installation.

I am seeking redressal of my grievance (repalcement of the damaged flooring - approx. 40 sq. metres) and I want Pergo to honour the Lifetime Warranty Certificate issued to me. I believe that Pergo would be a Company with business ethics and customer-centric policies. I look forward to hearing from you. Abraham K George, Chartered Accountant, Cochin - 36 (email: [protected]@hotmail.com; Cellphone: [protected])

Pergo Laminate FlooringPoor labour service and Damage of wood

This is with utmost disappointment that I am writing this. We had Pergo flooring laid in our Dining and drawing rooms last year (2010) May.THis year on June 4th we saw buckling and termite near the steps leading from living to dining room. My main complaints are --- Your Pergo people here never warned us about possibility of Termite, Secondly on launching the complain their response was so cold and indifferent and service atrocious as if it was our falt. Finally they agreed to remove the planks and on doing so to our great dismay and shock we found that they had not laid the plastic layer of sheating over the steps, which I gather they are supposed to do before laying the the floor as was done over the rest of the area. As I said before the prblem was over the steps and had spread from there! ( as noticed by us and the workers on removing the planks ). Finally your agents here -Kozhikode district, Kerala State, India are most irresponsible and not at all customer friendly. Hence I am demanding a compensation was the damage and replaced planks . By the way we are asked to pay the labourers and also for the replaced planks, I am most disappointed with PERGO and YOUR Agents here.Hoping to hear from you ASP before mattres turn ugly.
              Dr.Mary Abraham

Pergo Prestigebad flooring

Last year my husband installed a natural hickory pergo floor to replace a Swiftlock floor which was too dark for my liking. I am sorry to say that we are not pleased with it at all. The only thing we like about it is the color. The Swiftlock brand floor that we replaced was in better shape after 5 years of use than the Pergo one after only a couple of months. There are a few pieces that have look like the locking system on the side of it failed and is covered in so many scratches even though we have used rubber and felt chair protectors. We went with Pergo brand instead of Swiftlock because we thought it would be even more durable. We moved the Swiftlock into two other rooms in our home and it still looks beautiful! A month or so after installing the Pergo, I called customer service with my complaints, and they said, "have the kids dance on it with socks on." We have had to be more careful with something that promised superior durability. I am sorry to say that anyone looking for flooring, we tell them to stay away from Pergo brand.

Pergo — Buyers beware of Pergo hardwood floors

Pergo now makes hardwood floors. We purchased 450 sq feet of it in January 2006, and installed it. In 5 week...

Pergocracking noise

I too had pergo flooring in january 2010 with lowe's installed, everything was fine at first. Now since humidity start to kreep up the floor is making a cracking sound all over. I had this installed thruout the entire downstairs in the house. Kitchen, Dinning Room, Bathroom, as well as the Family Room. Every Room is making this awful cracking niose. It sounds like we are walking on bubble wrap.

• Pe
                      PergoProblems Mar 29, 2016

I have the same exact problem. Pergo XP in 5 rooms, hallway, and closet - spent $6500 - it creaks and pops and cracks everywhere. I just feel like crying! I have had 3 inspectors come from Home Depot - first representing HD, second from Pergo, third was independent. They all say different things. 7 months later and I still have no resolution. A lot of hard earned money on a product I am embarrassed to have guests walk on. Have you complained or gotten a resolution? Thx.

• Ju
                      Julianne Suchy Oct 09, 2015

I have same problem, happened immediately after install. Installer told me it would go away. Never did...not I hear cracking everywhere I walk!!! I hate it already. I feel the product is faulty with the joints..

Pergo — Creeking floor everywhere

WE HAD PERGO FLOORS FOR 6 YEARS (RED OAK) AND RECENTLY had an insurance loss. The whole floor was replaced...