Having problems with Pergo?

+1 800 337 3746 (United States)
+44 283 025 0477 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
+61 397 943 888 (Australia)
2000 Pergo Parkway

Australia
20 South Gippsland Highway, P.O. Box 166, Dandenong VIC 3175

Complaints & Reviews

laminate

I bought a brand new home two months ago with pergo flooring in every room. It was a selling feature of the home but before we even moved in we saw chips and scratches and holes in every room. I had a waterproof vinyl wood flooring in my last home and it looked perfect for all the years I lived there. Everytime you drop or place anything on the floor it leaves a mark. Something very lightweight like the TV remote, my dogs' bone or dropping a bottle of hand soap or anything at all leaves marks in the flooring. I keep having to buy more and more rugs to cover up holes and chips in the floor. We've been here two months and I feel like I want to replace all the flooring. I feel this product is as cheap as cheap can be and I will never buy any pergo product ever again as long as I live.

• Updated by Paulsp · Apr 21, 2019

I have been in a brand new home two months now and we have pergo in every room. There are chips and scratches and holes in every room from things as simple as dropping a TV remote, my dogs claws, her playing with her bone on the floor, placing a screwdriver on the floor, moving the bed to vacuum, sliding the plastic bowl I clean the floor with, etc. Every single thing that touches the floor leaves a mark or a chip or a scratch and even holes. The flooring looks old after two months. I wood waterproof vinyl flooring in my last home for years and it always looked perfect. I hate these floors and really want something to be done about this inferior product.

pergo laminate flooring

We bought Pergo Laminate Flooring in November 2017. In September of 2018 we noticed that there was an area of about 10 boards where the edges were buckling. We went back to Lowe's where we bought the flooring and informed of the problem. They filed a complaint with the manufacturer . We were notified by an inspector that he would have to come and assess the flooring. He finally came in January of this year, but we never heard anything. My husband had to go back to Lowe's and ask them to find out what the outcome of the assessment was. We were called several weeks later by Lowe's and informed that the complaint had been denied because we had used a wet mop on the floor. If we had used a wet mop on the entire floor, why was there only a small area that was involved? We have tried calling the complaint line several times but never get an answer or return call.

laminate flooring buckling

We bought Pergo Laminate flooring about 2 years ago, in October of last year, and we noticed there was an area where the flooring edges were buckling. We notified the store where we bought the flooring and we submitted a complaint to Pergo.in December 2018 the inspector finally came out to the house to look at the flooring.in January of this year we learned that the claim had been denied due to the fact that we had used a wet mop on the floor and it had caused the damage. The problem with that conclusion is, would it not affected the entire floor instead of one small area of about 10 planks of flooring? Also, we had purchased Pergo flooring many years ago, in 2013, and with that flooring I had used a regular cottton mop to clean that floor and it did not damage it. I use a microfiber mop on these floors now and I wring out the mop so that it is damp. The inspector decided that I mopped the floors incorrectly so that the claim could be denied. I will not buy Pergo flooring again.

pergo laminate flooring

There is a white residue or film on the flooring that no cleaner will remove. Everything I do to try and get...

Mount Royal Flooring Installation

Pmax hg moneta mahogany

I purchased my flooring in January 2014, I loved the floor and it really looks nice. But I have an issue...

Pergo XP Extreme Performance

We spent $6500 on Pergo XP Cross Sawn Chestnut in Fall 2012. It was installed in 5 rooms, a hallway, and a...

Laminate flooring

purchased 2000 sq. ft pergo max floating floor from lowes 9/2014. installed by our contractor and looks great...

floor is failing

I have over last 15 years have had pergo flooring in my slab home.. 5 months ago I remodeled my home and...

Awful customer service

one month ago we purchased over $1, 000 of PERGO Presto Grey Yew flooring from our local Home Depot. After...

Bad product

Pergo lamnete flooring that has a life time warrenty is chipping all over the floor. It was installed correctly but company refuses to replace it. 50 years i have used cheaper flooring in rental houses and have never had a problem that i am having with a much more expensive floor. They have sent two differant inspectors and they don't agree on the problem. It is just a bad product. Glenn Sensabaugh

Transitions

Lowes in Riverhead, N.Y. Is insisting on selling me transitions for Pergo laminate flooring that is running...

chipping, discoloration, scratches, wraping around edges

We purchased the pergo Maxx because Lowe's sold us on the lifetime warranty and that it was the best...

Worthless Warranty

I had Pergo on my previous house from [protected] and it was great! So I decided to install it on my new...

Defective flooring - covered by Lifetime warranty

I had installed Pergo Laminated flooring (PVT 28032) in my new Villa, at Cochin, Kerala, during December 2007, and received a Warranty Certificate Sl. No. 045/08 dated 03/01/2008 offering me a Lifetime warranty for the installation. The work was carried out by Aazman Enterprises, Cochin - 21, and the Warranty Certificate, too, was issued under their seal. It is under 4 years old and the floor has already peeled off in some places and bubbled up in some other places. When I contacted a gentleman called Sameer (who mentioned that he was the Regional Manager for Pergo, based in Cochin), he claimed that the floor had got damaged because of 'water seepage'. I was shocked to hear his statement, since there was no trace of waters eepage / dampness, anywahere and, moreover, waterseepage, if any, could not have affected in small pockets. His behaviour, too, was not couteous or customer-friendly. When I showed the floor damage to another knowledgeable person, he mentioned that the defects had arisen because of faulty installation.

I am seeking redressal of my grievance (repalcement of the damaged flooring - approx. 40 sq. metres) and I want Pergo to honour the Lifetime Warranty Certificate issued to me. I believe that Pergo would be a Company with business ethics and customer-centric policies. I look forward to hearing from you. Abraham K George, Chartered Accountant, Cochin - 36 (email: [protected]@hotmail.com; Cellphone: [protected])

Poor labour service and Damage of wood

This is with utmost disappointment that I am writing this. We had Pergo flooring laid in our Dining and drawing rooms last year (2010) May.THis year on June 4th we saw buckling and termite near the steps leading from living to dining room. My main complaints are --- Your Pergo people here never warned us about possibility of Termite, Secondly on launching the complain their response was so cold and indifferent and service atrocious as if it was our falt. Finally they agreed to remove the planks and on doing so to our great dismay and shock we found that they had not laid the plastic layer of sheating over the steps, which I gather they are supposed to do before laying the the floor as was done over the rest of the area. As I said before the prblem was over the steps and had spread from there! ( as noticed by us and the workers on removing the planks ). Finally your agents here -Kozhikode district, Kerala State, India are most irresponsible and not at all customer friendly. Hence I am demanding a compensation was the damage and replaced planks . By the way we are asked to pay the labourers and also for the replaced planks, I am most disappointed with PERGO and YOUR Agents here.Hoping to hear from you ASP before mattres turn ugly.
Dr.Mary Abraham

bad flooring

Last year my husband installed a natural hickory pergo floor to replace a Swiftlock floor which was too dark for my liking. I am sorry to say that we are not pleased with it at all. The only thing we like about it is the color. The Swiftlock brand floor that we replaced was in better shape after 5 years of use than the Pergo one after only a couple of months. There are a few pieces that have look like the locking system on the side of it failed and is covered in so many scratches even though we have used rubber and felt chair protectors. We went with Pergo brand instead of Swiftlock because we thought it would be even more durable. We moved the Swiftlock into two other rooms in our home and it still looks beautiful! A month or so after installing the Pergo, I called customer service with my complaints, and they said, "have the kids dance on it with socks on." We have had to be more careful with something that promised superior durability. I am sorry to say that anyone looking for flooring, we tell them to stay away from Pergo brand.

Buyers beware of Pergo hardwood floors

Pergo now makes hardwood floors. We purchased 450 sq feet of it in January 2006, and installed it. In 5 weeks the floor began to dent, as well as develop odd markings where no one even walked.

I complained to Pergo who then advised me to go to Lowes where we purchased it and file a complaint.

They sent a rep out who made sure the floor was level and properly installed. That is what his report reflected and that there were no errors on our part. And he clearly stated "yes", there are dents and marks in localized areas.

But his opinion was the floor was not defective. So the claim was denied. What wood floor dents for no apparent reason? Only two adults live in this home.

Pergo said their warranty doesn't cover dents. The floor cost $2000 and is on delayed billing with Lowes. Lowes has stepped in but this has now been going on from April 3rd to today June 28, 2006, and the payment is due in 30 days.

I have a damaged floor thru no fault of my own and soon I will either be out $2000 or my credit will have a mark when I don't pay the bill.

My point is do not buy Pergo hardwood. They are new at making it. They claim it's Northern oak but it wears like soft pine.

It is a "looking at" floor, not a "living on" floor!

cracking noise

I too had pergo flooring in january 2010 with lowe's installed, everything was fine at first. Now since humidity start to kreep up the floor is making a cracking sound all over. I had this installed thruout the entire downstairs in the house. Kitchen, Dinning Room, Bathroom, as well as the Family Room. Every Room is making this awful cracking niose. It sounds like we are walking on bubble wrap.

• Ju
    Julianne Suchy Oct 09, 2015

I have same problem, happened immediately after install. Installer told me it would go away. Never did...not I hear cracking everywhere I walk!!! I hate it already. I feel the product is faulty with the joints..

• Pe
    PergoProblems Mar 29, 2016

I have the same exact problem. Pergo XP in 5 rooms, hallway, and closet - spent $6500 - it creaks and pops and cracks everywhere. I just feel like crying! I have had 3 inspectors come from Home Depot - first representing HD, second from Pergo, third was independent. They all say different things. 7 months later and I still have no resolution. A lot of hard earned money on a product I am embarrassed to have guests walk on. Have you complained or gotten a resolution? Thx.

Creeking floor everywhere

WE HAD PERGO FLOORS FOR 6 YEARS (RED OAK) AND RECENTLY had an insurance loss. The whole floor was replaced...

Bad experience

We also bought a PERGO floor from Home Depot, & the "25/30-year warranty" was one of the reasons we bought it. The Home Depot salesperson told us it was one of the best floor warranties available, & we trusted Home Depot & our salesperson & didn't read it word for word. 4 months after installation, our floor also is snapping & popping when walking on it the same as the other consumer stated that his was. It is also peeling, chipping, pulling apart, and now buckling as other PERGO owners are experiencing. It's become dangerous, and someone could fall. And now, when we need our PERGO warranty to replace it & desperately need their help, they quickly passed the buck onto the installer, blame him, & refuse to give us one penny or any help at all! It is their product! Of course we will contact our installer. However, I really don't think that he installed ALL of these consumers floors that are having the same problem. Additionally, I am already disabled & unable to walk more than a few steps at a time. And now I'm afraid I may trip over the buckled edges and fall. I need a secure, stable flooring! But what do we have instead? We have a situation where the more that people walk on this floor, the more it breaks apart & begins to buckle and lift up. I truly question how quickly PERGO passed the buck on our situation, & I am sure with so many other complaints, they have forgotten all about us. I also question why Home Depot didn't inform us of the installation difficulty level of this PERGO floor until AFTER we filed our claim with them for help from PERGO. **Not ONE word was said when we paid them all the money we had for this floor.** Had we been warned prior to the purchase, we either A) would never have bought it or B) while our installer is very reputable, we would have also warned him about the difficulty of a Pergo floor installation. I so much want to be hopeful that the PERGO people will make this right if they see this, but I have become mistrustful of this company...especially after reading the many, MANY other problems other consumers are having. I appreciate this forum which allows me to express our frustration & hope other consumers reading this won't make our mistake trust the PERGO warranty. I, along with the others, recommend looking at some other type of laminate flooring. We are stuck with a very defective & dangerous new and costly PERGO floor, & I am just so confused & saddened by the entire experience.

• Aa
    aadriansmom Mar 05, 2011

I have the same problem with Pergo laminate. Had it installed by Lowes subcontractor and had problems since day 1. Needed to have the transition strips and mouldings replaces numerous times. Now the floor is loosing color and chipping with every joint loose or gapping. Had a Pergo rep out but still haven't heard from Lowes about any repair or replacement for this lousy product. Have this in my kitchen, hallway, and powder room. Paid over $4400 and thought that the 25 year warranty product would hold up since their ad has a very large great dane that "can't destroy" the floor. What a crock! Lowes store instillation manager promised to contact me with product resolution, but here I sit waiting... and still have junk for flooring. Don't buy Pergo - RUN FAST - their warranty is worthless!

• Ck
    CKSteff Apr 04, 2011

I agree totally. As the above complaint I purchased pergo and had 2 large rooms and a hallway installed. Shortly after, it chipped turned up at edges and buckled. I put in a claim to Pergo months ago, finally today I was contacted by Lowes (my go between, since Pergo would never call me back) and they told me the claim was denied by pergo, now I guess the dispute is between me and Lowes, I don't have much hope of recovering any of my $3, 000. lost on this venture. I think Pergo and Lowes keep you holding on so long for a decision (in my case 4 months) that by the time they denie the claim you are so tired of living in such upheaval that you just give up. I have been living on 1/2 pergo and 1/2 cement since the new contractor removed part of the pergo until we deceided to wait for the pergo approval or denial. What to do now?

• Fr