Menu
Pergo
reviews & complaints

Pergo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

31 complaints
7 resolved 24 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pergo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
9:12 pm EDT

Pergo - Outlast

Your product is terrible to install. Did you change the way you manufactured your planks, your locking system does not work and my flooring keeps popping apart. I have followed all of your advice, instructions, Youtube, etc, etc and it still doesn't lock together. I am a very unhappy customer. I just wasted 2 boxes of this stuff trying to get it to work.

Desired outcome: Full refund

D
10:50 pm EDT

Pergo - Rickhouse oak vinyl flooring

Flooring has been installed for a week and already has several boards that are scratched and a couple with welts on them. We bought because pergo claims to be scratch resistant but clearly that is not the case as we have over 20 boards that are scratched. The product is complete garbage and if it can’t hold up for a week how is it suppose to last for years? Right on the box says ultimate scratch resistance which is not true at all. Very very displeased especially after spending 4,000 on something that should last me for years.

Desired outcome: Entire flooring replaced with someone to install since we wasted weeks of our time doing ourselves. Or complete refund of our money.

7:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pergo - Portfolio wetprotect waterproof marengo stone embossed tile look laminate flooring

In October 2020 I purchased the above referenced flooring for my kitchen renovation. I noticed the ends of some planks were peeling as if they were covered with paper. When I Swiffer wet mop the floor the mop gets caught in the planks that are peeling. This has been going on for about a year - but only one plank. Now there are several.

I did contact Lowes where I purchased the flooring, but I didn't have a warranty with them for the floor, and they suggested I file a complaint with the company.

Desired outcome: I would appeciate a refund/partial refund of the cost of the flooring ($913.28) so that it can be replaced.

Update by manski
Mar 18, 2022 7:42 pm EDT

My new floor is peeling like the laminated planks have a paper cover!

B
11:26 am EST

Pergo - Poor performance bad laminate

Had all my living room and halls done with Pergo Mask lumber mill oak and it said resists water, pets, scratches etc. bullcrap some got wet and swelled and will not go down now I am told sorry its discontinued? Now what they can't even fix it for a warranty what now I am at a loss as to what to do I filed a claim but don't expect much without a fight so here we go Lowes and Pergo

Desired outcome: replaced and all labor included

J
12:26 pm EST

Pergo - DuraCraft waterproof flooring

My name is Jim Weir. My wife and I purchased 50 boxes of your DuraCraft waterproof flooring. Out of the 50 boxes we have a full 5 boxes that are no good. Many of the planks have bubbles in them to begin with but others develop bubbles after they are down. I am attaching a picture of the box they came in and one picture to show you the type of bubble I am talking about.
We are very unhappy with this product. We paid extra to have a quality product and we paid to have the floor installed.
Please contact me at:
Jim Weir 360-244-2147 or [email protected]

H
7:48 am EDT

Pergo - Pergo Vinyl Plank Grey Heritage Oak

Hi I sold Pergo flooring to Padraig Courtney for his Kitchen Dining Room in Skibbereen Co Cork Ireland his email is [email protected] Phone number Irish international code (00353) 087-4143849 we only delivered the product to him he had his own trades man to install the vinyl.He is finding the vinyl is cupping at the joints and lifting and a spring in the floor it is only fitted a few months.I after been contacted by Padraig thought the vinyl was possible be tight at the walls or door ways and therefore under pressure and causing the lifting and cupping at the joints.I suggested removing all the Skirting to see Padraig is confident there is enough expansion and that's not the problem there is underfloor heating and there has been underlay provided with the flooring I have been assured it has been fitted correctly I would appreciate if you could email Padraig direct and follow up with a phone call to him or phone him first the Materials were bought from Woodinovations at the time I no longer deal with Woodinovations thanks be to God my mental health and stress levels have reduced considerable since I stopped I did promote and guide all my customers to use Pergo and our sales were very good with the product but we don't provide it anymore as we don't purchase anything anymore from Woodinovations but Padraig needs to have his floor looked at and his Problem in his new house resolved ASAP and obviously it'sunder Pergo's guarantee thank you in advance David o Leary House of Woodstock Dunmanway Co Cork contact number Irish number 086-6015035, UK number 079-09161124 canyou please keep me updated

5:18 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pergo - Pergo MAX 5-in W x 3.97-ft L Moneta Mahogany High-Gloss Laminate Wood Planks

Pergo MAX 5-in W x 3.97-ft L Moneta Mahogany High-Gloss Laminate Wood Planks
Item #145924Model #LF000274
Purchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes contractor
430 Sq Ft in Family Room, Kitchen and Hallway

Floor is buckling at seems

Lifetime limited residential warranty. How do you refund me for both cost of product and installation costs/

Internet has many complaints about this product. Product is no longer carried by Lowes

10:22 pm EDT

Pergo - laminate

I bought a brand new home two months ago with pergo flooring in every room. It was a selling feature of the home but before we even moved in we saw chips and scratches and holes in every room. I had a waterproof vinyl wood flooring in my last home and it looked perfect for all the years I lived there. Everytime you drop or place anything on the floor it leaves a mark. Something very lightweight like the TV remote, my dogs' bone or dropping a bottle of hand soap or anything at all leaves marks in the flooring. I keep having to buy more and more rugs to cover up holes and chips in the floor. We've been here two months and I feel like I want to replace all the flooring. I feel this product is as cheap as cheap can be and I will never buy any pergo product ever again as long as I live.

Update by Paulsp
Apr 21, 2019 10:28 pm EDT

I have been in a brand new home two months now and we have pergo in every room. There are chips and scratches and holes in every room from things as simple as dropping a TV remote, my dogs claws, her playing with her bone on the floor, placing a screwdriver on the floor, moving the bed to vacuum, sliding the plastic bowl I clean the floor with, etc. Every single thing that touches the floor leaves a mark or a chip or a scratch and even holes. The flooring looks old after two months. I wood waterproof vinyl flooring in my last home for years and it always looked perfect. I hate these floors and really want something to be done about this inferior product.

4:50 pm EDT

Pergo - pergo laminate flooring

We bought Pergo Laminate Flooring in November 2017. In September of 2018 we noticed that there was an area of about 10 boards where the edges were buckling. We went back to Lowe's where we bought the flooring and informed of the problem. They filed a complaint with the manufacturer . We were notified by an inspector that he would have to come and assess the flooring. He finally came in January of this year, but we never heard anything. My husband had to go back to Lowe's and ask them to find out what the outcome of the assessment was. We were called several weeks later by Lowe's and informed that the complaint had been denied because we had used a wet mop on the floor. If we had used a wet mop on the entire floor, why was there only a small area that was involved? We have tried calling the complaint line several times but never get an answer or return call.

9:35 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought Pergo Laminate flooring about 2 years ago, in October of last year, and we noticed there was an area where the flooring edges were buckling. We notified the store where we bought the flooring and we submitted a complaint to Pergo.in December 2018 the inspector finally came out to the house to look at the flooring.in January of this year we learned...

S
3:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

There is a white residue or film on the flooring that no cleaner will remove. Everything I do to try and get it off has no good result. I'm looking for anything that will make the floor shine like it should. So far I have used vinegar and water, pledge gentle wood floor cleaner and Bruce hardwood and laminate flooring. I even used mineral spirits to try and remove built up film and nothing has worked.

K
1:01 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased my flooring in January 2014, I loved the floor and it really looks nice. But I have an issue about cleaning it. We wash it with water (very little) and no matter what we use, we have to hand dry it with micro cloth on our hands and knees, if not when we walk across it, it leaves foot prints. This is a very big area (20cases of flooring) room i...

11:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We spent $6500 on Pergo XP Cross Sawn Chestnut in Fall 2012. It was installed in 5 rooms, a hallway, and a closet. It sounds terrible when we walk on it - creaks, cracks, pops, sounds like walking on bubble wrap. Called Pergo in 2013 - they said it probably needed to "settle" more. Home Depot kind of said the same thing. Then last year, I just couldn't take...

C
3:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

purchased 2000 sq. ft pergo max floating floor from lowes 9/2014. installed by our contractor and looks great in our new home. the first week we noticed squeaks and noises which are getting worse by the day. we complained to lowes who sent a pergo inspector out to our house. he spent about 4 minutes here and checked the moisture content and left. we later...

8:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have over last 15 years have had pergo flooring in my slab home.. 5 months ago I remodeled my home and invested in pergo max.. It was beautiful in the store and I was very excited to put it in my home.. How beautiful it was.. but now I am noticeing that where the planks connect they don't look right.. on further investigation.. I found several and I mean...

12:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

one month ago we purchased over $1, 000 of PERGO Presto Grey Yew flooring from our local Home Depot. After installing a few rows we noticed the joints weren't coming together properly. I called PERGO and explained and they told me the flooring was mismilled and to simply return to the store and they would replace. Here is where the problems come in...they...

11:15 am EDT

Pergo - Bad product

Pergo lamnete flooring that has a life time warrenty is chipping all over the floor. It was installed correctly but company refuses to replace it. 50 years i have used cheaper flooring in rental houses and have never had a problem that i am having with a much more expensive floor. They have sent two differant inspectors and they don't agree on the problem. It is just a bad product. Glenn Sensabaugh

8:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lowes in Riverhead, N.Y. Is insisting on selling me transitions for Pergo laminate flooring that is running through 2 rooms and a small hallway 670 sq ft. Lowes informed me that my warranty would be void with Pergo if I did not put transitions in doorways due to buckling and explanation issues! I called Pergo and verified that this is true! I also verified...

S
7:51 pm EST

Pergo - Chipping, discoloration, scratches, wrapping around edges

We purchased the pergo Maxx because Lowe's sold us on the lifetime warranty and that it was the best flooring around. This flooring is a piece of crap! Chips, discoloration and warped around the edges even though we followed all the rules of cleaning it. Pergo nor Lowe's will help us with a warranty on this product. 3000+ down the drain

A
7:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had Pergo on my previous house from 2001 - 2005 and it was great! So I decided to install it on my new house in 2005. I did it thru Home Depot. I cost me $3, 972.54 between labor and materials. A month ago I saw some small white spots in my room. I also noticed a few planks were decolorizing. But I also noticed (and this was what scared me the most) there...

Pergo contacts