Having problems with Canada Post?

Canada Post reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review mail delivery on week of Oct 18 -22, 2021 was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Mail Delivery was resolved on Apr 26, 2021. Canada Post has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 856 reviews. Canada Post has resolved 66 complaints.

Canada Post Customer Service Contacts

+1 416 979 3033 (International)
+1 877 632 6347 (Canada Post Online Shopping)
+1 800 563 0444 (Money Order Verification)
+1 800 565 4362 (Philatelic Inquiries)
+1 900 565 2633 (Postal Code Information)
+1 877 376 1212 (Technical Support Desk)
+1 877 262 5762 (Solutions For Small Business)
+1 877 683 5895 (Volume-Based Commercial Customers)
+1 800 267 7651 (Commercial Billing & Payment Support)
2701 Riverside Drive, Suite 1200
SunClosed
Locations

Postal Address

Po Box 90022, 2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa ON K1V 1J8

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Canada Post Customer Service. Initial Canada Post complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Canada Post above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Canada Post. Discuss the issues you have had with Canada Post and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Canada Post Complaints & Reviews

Canada Postmail delivery on week of Oct 18 -22, 2021

all week mail delivered and mailman would not put the flag up on the mailbox at roadside.
so to catch his attention, i took my important mail out all week, but left the flyers in the mailbox.
today i find my mbna Credit card bill in the middle of the lawn as he walked up the street.
i yelled to get his attention. but he wouldn't turn around.
never had this problem with the other mailmen/mostly mailladies.

What's the problem, with this guy. can it be corrected?
my address is:
77 Lenox Ave.
Sudbury, On.
[protected]
Neil Delorey

mail delivery on week of Oct 18 -22, 2021

• Updated by Neil Delorey · Oct 22, 2021

i yelled to get his attention. but he wouldn't turn around.
      never had this problem with the other mailmen/mostly mailladies.

What's the problem, with this guy. can it be corrected?

Canada Post1 Notary Document

A Notary Document was sent to my address at Flat G 40 St Mary Road Walthamstow London E17 9RG from Plenipotentiary Chief Nanya Shaabu Eil (R)(C)TM Magister in Right of the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and the Planet called Earth
    Turtle Island/Atlan/Muulan/Land of the Frogs/Egypt of the West
    [2111 104B St NW Edmonton AB T6J 5G8]
    Why was my mail sent to France when the address is clearly for London in the UK? The tracking system says on September 29 the item was unclaimed by the recipient. Item being returned to sender.
    My mail was returned to the sender and upon receipt, the envelope was damaged and filthy. I am extremely disappointed with your service.

• Updated by Michal Price · Oct 22, 2021

I am unhappy with your service.

• Updated by Michal Price · Oct 22, 2021

I am unhappy with your service.

Oct 20, 2021

Canada Post & Canada Border Services Agency — Package not delivered in a timely manner

On September 9, 2021 my Order was shipped from iHeartDogs. I have ordered from them several times before now...

Canada PostDelivery of Mail

I was of the understanding that if the postal code was correct on a mailing envelope it should be able to be delivered. I live in a rural area of Alberta and my regional post office is Bragg Creek Alberta. Recently Canada Post changed our address from Priddis Alberta to Priddis Greens Alberta and our postal code was changed from T0L 1W0 to T0L 1W3. On numerous occasions mail has been addressed just to to our address but used Priddis instead of Priddis Greens. We are the only address in the area that has a Sunrise Way address and the post office is well aware of the small community but still send the mail back to the sender for missing the Greens on the address even though the postal code is correct. I think this is just a money grab for the post office as the letter has to be resent. Please advise why when we are the only Sunrise Way in the area of Priddis it cannot be delivered.

• Updated by Gwynn Edwards · Oct 19, 2021

Poor postal delivery service

• Updated by Gwynn Edwards · Oct 19, 2021

Canada PostAnother "lost" high value parcel

Canada Post has "lost" my $1300 parcel from Europe. If I had known they would be handling my parcel when it arrived in Canada I'd have spent extra for a real courier. It has been sitting in un-scanned limbo somewhere in the bowels of Canada Post for 6 days now. It was due 2 days ago. They stopped scanning it and probably stole it as soon as it cleared customs.

I am sick and tired of Canada Post "losing" every parcel with more than $200 value. This has happened to me twice in the past two years, and now a third time. I order an expensive item online, usually from outside Canada. Canada Post gets their hands on it, it clears customs and then it "mysteriously" stops being scanned and disappears. Then the shipments are never received and I never find out what happened to them. Cheaper items always arrive, eventually. Not that I buy from anyone who uses Canada Post if I can help it.

I don't like to have to accuse anyone of theft, but maybe Canada Post should try doing their jobs to avoid such accusations. People pay them to TRACK and DELIVER shipments. They do NEITHER. They refuse to scan parcels because apparently it's too strenuous for their workers to point a laser gun at a barcode on a box. How do they expect to stop theft by employees (or prove they aren't stealing from customers) when they can't even find the parcels? Maybe they're not scanning items because it helps them get away with theft.

They refuse to deliver parcels to recipients who paid good money for door delivery, and force us to do their job for them by forcing us to schlepp to the post office to pick the parcels up. I'm disabled and I had to haul an air conditioner home last summer for 3 km on foot in 40 degree weather because Canada Post are too lazy to do their jobs. I'm sure they're proud of themselves - fat profits for not doing what they're paid to do, deliver mail. Well, I hope they are proud of the fact that I now ask every online retailer who they use to ship, and if it's the clowns of Canada Post I find another place to place my order or pay extra for a real courier. I even got Amazon to stop shipping my orders with these clowns.

And then there's the abusive arrogance I've endured from Canada Post's "customer service". Today when I tried to ask for my parcel to be traced, all they did was continually repeat the same "parcel missing for days with no explanation" tracking information that I could see online, lie to me over and over that it would arrive today, and then they started making snide remarks and jokes when I told them I will file a claim for the value of my shipment plus the shipping fees I paid for nothing. They, and Canada Post, don't give a rat's behind about losing and stealing people's valuable parcels, or how frustrating it is to pay for tracking and then get your un-scanned parcel stolen, whoops, "lost" - again.

I know perfectly well that I'll never see my parcel. I hope your thief/employee in Richmond BC chokes on the custom made item I spent over $1000 on. And, I hope you enjoy being charged by my vendor for the full cost of my shipment and the $40 I paid for you NOT to do your jobs.

I will have my item remade and shipped using a professional courier that tracks and delivers parcels. I will make sure the retailer puts a warning on their website for Canadian customers from now on, so they won't waste their money and lose their expensive shipment like I did. They also have a customer message board which I will be plastering with another warning for Canadians to avoid having their items stolen. Anything I can do to drive your potential victims away to your competitors is my pleasure.

Canada PostCustomer service agent

Received a notification about delivery of an item in my email but the item was not for me. So how did the shipper get my email address? I called customer service to find out why. The agent said they probably stole your email address. He said "I could go on the internet right now and in 10 minutes get your email address". I asked why they would do that. He didn't know and said they didn't have a service number to escalate it and they couldn't provide any info due to privacy laws. Then he hung up on me.

Canada Postmoney orders and grams

On Sept 01 I went to local post office (Lillooet) to purchase a money order. Bought an express envelope and mailed it. It was received on Sept 03 however Canada Post was unable to validate or locate the serial number so they sent it back to me which I received on Sept 21. The same day I went to the post office and explained what happened and that I needed another money order. You will have to go to your bank and cash it as we don't have enough money but if it can't be cashed how is the bank going to do it, I just want to replace it, phone this number which I did and was told my money would be mailed to me within 15 business days, but I paid cash for this and it's ridiculous that I have to wait any amount of time, it should be rectified somehow by the post office at that moment. A customer should not pay cash and then have to wait to get that cash back. It was my son I was sending this to and sent 4 or 5 previous ones with no problem so now he has waited from the 1st of the month and still waiting for his money to arrive. Yesterday the 22nd I finally got it resolved by going back to po and then they told me oh yeah we told you yesterday that we'd replace it then you could go cash it. I didn't argue the point. So today, after talking to my son, decided to send a money gram. After you leave you have to phone and verify code etc which I did then was told it was filled out with wrong name so went back to po to see if they could amend it but of course not, phone this number which I did and again I'm told oh 15 business days for refund.
            Not more than 5 minutes ago I paid $375.00 cash for a money gram and now it's not even going to whom I sent it but I have to wait up to 15 business days to have it returned. This is inexcusable then to be told by the post office that next time give the clerk the receiving code...well sorry but I'm new at this, I just have stuff written down to be asked about it which I should have been asked do you have a receiving code then I would have looked at my info and yeah or nay. Now here I sit with still no money sent to my son and he's still waiting after 3 weeks of being shuffled about. Big, big inconvenience. I am outraged by the fact that I don't have an extra $375 to say oh okay I'll send another one right away, no I have to wait til I receive it then send it off again more time ticked by. Very inconvenienced.

Canada PostInternational delivery

I have an item being sent to me in Ontario, Canada from Australia that I've been tracking. It arrived in BC on Sep 6 and made it to Ontario on Sep 14. I just checked this morning (Sep 18) and apparently it's being returned to sender due to incorrect address info which they were unable to verify as of Sep 15. I called customer service to try to resend the item and I was told it's been too long, it's already in Toronto. I asked why I hadn't been contacted and was told they didn't have my phone #. I asked if they contacted the sender and they said they don't do that. How do you expect to verify address info then?! After going around in circles on the Canada Post site trying to find a forum to file a complaint which didn't involve a public post on social media I'm here. I'm unable to open a service ticket because apparently the international tracking # I provided isn't eligible for this service. The "chat" is not a chat; it's just an FAQ section. Absolutely infuriating.

Canada Postmail missing

After 2 years in the same home, I found out 2 days ago that your company has my address marked as non-existant and my mail has been getting returned to senders. This is not satisfactory. My address shows up on Google. It exists. Just because your carriers are too slow to figure out an address doesn't mean it doesn't exist. An address is there for a reason, and I have lost parcels and 2 years of mail thanks to your company.

Sep 17, 2021

Canada Post — My mail deliver, customer service

September 17, 2021, 10 AM to 10:30 AM Hi Canada post Complaints, Canada post delivery person buzz me. I told...

Canada PostNo complaints number or form on website

Canada post has a link to "file a complaint" which just sends you in a circular redirect around their support forum. Today, the Canada post worker dropped our parcels just inside our fence, obstructing the pathway for other tenants. The parcels were not heavy, and the employees have no had issues in the past opening the gate. Shoddy work and no way to file a complaint. Can anyone give me the number? The website does not actually have one, they lead you down a wormhole and expect you to give up. We are not giving up. We're fed up with this.

Canada Postdelivery of mail

We are a business in Tecumseh Ontario. Whenever our regular mailman is off, which is very often, we don't get our mail. It is delivered to a community mail box despite the fact that this is a business and not a residential building. Because of this, we went to the trouble of getting keys for the boxes. When I checked the boxes, there was a cardboard inside the boxes indicating that the box is "closed" as it should have been because this is a business. When our mailman went on vacation and we had to start trying to find our mail again I went to the Community Box, and found that the keys I have no longer work. Our mailman is on vacation and we haven't received any mail for the week and I can't access the box. It is impossible to get in touch with anyone at Canada Post and I don't imagine we will get any mail this week as we will have to wait until the regular mailman comes to access the box. This is a business and we need our mail.

Respond

Canada PostItem not delivered after 6 months and counting....

I mailed an item costing just about $1000 (bought off amazon from a vendor in china), which i got authorization to return for reimbursement. I mailed it on 1st march 2021, today its sept 7th and still ‘in transit'. This item cleared customs in china months ago and had been ‘in transit' ever since.
                      I was informed at most it would take 3 months, even with covid lockdown situation happening.
                      Any attempt to contact canada post ends in saying no new info is available, just to keep tracking the item.
                      I have valuable dollars tied in an item that i cannot use and i am helpless to do anything about it.

Respond

Canada PostFwd: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

I l ive in an apartment building. whwen parcels are delivered, a key is to be placed ikn my mail box which will then open the parcel delivery box so i can retrieve the parcel. Instead of placing the key in my mail box, he said he left the key on a counter in the mail box room. He did not let me know about this. Obviously someone else took the key and stole my parcel.
                        1) why did the mail carrier not place the key in my mail box as he should have?
                        2) the parcel was from amazon and I paid U.S. funds for it plus shipping.
                        3) I am thus seeking these costs refunded from Canada post.
                        4) Canada post also requested my credit card # when i first complained and I am seeking any charges to my credit card if it is compromised.

Respond

Canada PostMail carrier is damaging my mail

The mail carrier is damaging my addressed mail, by jamming alot of junk mail into this box every 2nd day.
                          It is a federal crime to knowingly damage my addressed mail.
                          I will see you in court, if this continues to happen.
                          This is totally unacceptable.
                          Canada post mail carriers; have no commonsense.
                          This will be the final complaint I will make, no wonder this Corporation is losing money with very lazy & poor mail carriers.

1 Response
                            • Li
                              Lili Larabie Aug 24, 2021

I completely agree with you. I just had it out with them again today. They delivered the parcel to an identical building with another address, then they changed the information on their website to reflect the address of the building where they delivered the package. Then they talked to the company that shipped the parcel to me, to tell them to look on the Canada Post website to see where they shipped it. The email I got from the company, showed the package was sent to my correct address.

These people are extremely dishonest and have no respect for the law. We have limited time and energy, why waste it on them. Have a great day!

Canada PostMy mail carrier kicked my dog spat at me and took my picture

My name is Jamie Muchmaker
                            I live at 22 Colborne Street east in Lindsay, Ontario my postal code is K9V 1K3
                            (1)About a month ago during covid-19 when we are told by government officials to wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet away from others
                            My mail carrier run-up to me two houses from mine that he was standing in front of when we saw each other screaming and spat in my face well I was walking my dog who was leashed beside me.
                            (2)Another time he saw me in my front yard he came over from across the street onto my grass and took my picture without my permission then quickly left.
                            (3) After that on a separate occasion, he came up my driveway and kicked my dog.
                            I see that he is still delivering the mail on the same route despite the fact that I have reported it both to the Lindsay police and Pauline the manager at 32 Cambridge St. S. post Office.
                            I have informed Pauline at the Lindsay post office that I do not want that man near me or my property after his actions and her solution was to move my mailbox somewhere else on my property like besides my tenant porch on my driveway where it would get knocked around as I move things up and down my narrow driveway and confused with my tenant's mail or right under my living room and office window that he would be peeking through every time my mail is delivered or pay for a P.o. box.
                            I do not believe that I should have to double pay for a service that I already pay for through my tax dollars, and do the work of picking it up that others are paid to do. Also, the withholding of service, until I get a P.O. Box is also criminal as it is mail tampering.

Canada PostDelivery

I have a package that has been on its way from China for awhile now and it is supposed to be delivered today has been out for delivery since yesterday it says now they've moved the delivery date to August 18th, this Canada Post team is by far one of the worst mail teams I've ever used I always have some sort of issue with them pretty much every single package I order and gets processed through them. Learn how to do your job correctly I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Canada Postmissing package

I have a package that was sent through ICS courier w/ tracking #ND03ZY0217E9YLV0Y7A7. I've confirmed with ICS and they said it was delivered at the Canada Post depot at 5940 Ferguson Rd, Richmond BC. A person with the name of BILL signed for a package at the depot. Please see attached signature also. The package was addressed to MEC-returns, 5940 Ferguson Rd. PPC Commercial return, Richmond, BC, V0Y 7A7. I've called MEC and they still haven't received it and the package has not been returned to me either. I've called your Canada Post Customer service and the person that assist me didn't want to hear my explanation and hanged up on me instead of providing a resolution. I don't know what kind of business you are running that you have a rude customer service agent and on top of it you have an employee that may be stealing a package.
                                I hope you can at least offer to do some investigation on this and not just ignore or bury this message. You may respond to me @ [protected]@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance and have a great day! Rose

missing package
                                missing package

Canada Posttheft

I ordered a lot of things from china .one is a portable car lift .the post said del. also the 2 electric scooters .they where never del. costumer said it was scanned del.an they left it like that .they are bigger items & i am always home since i am retired an have a hard time to WALK Tracking no.LX291146555CN, LZ922972237CN, LZ99445245CN. Ii feel some one is marking. del an taking them. my name is GARY OUIMET 1767 RUTHERGLEN CR SUDBURY ONT.P3A2K4

Canada Postundeliverable mail

I have received two emails from Hydro One in Ontario saying that my bills are being returned as undeliverable. They are using Canada Post as the reason that I need to go on paperless billing. My bills are addressed properly according to the rules to use my Civic address and not my rural route number. They have always come to my mail box, but my concern is that they are causing upset and concern for many older residents who may not understand that it is just a lie from Hydro One to try and force them to switch. Canada Post should tell Hydro One to stop this practice and only switch people to paperless billing if they choose to do so and stop blaming Canada Post for the reason.