Menu

complaints

Canada Post Complaints Summary

66 Resolved
1040 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Canada Post with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Canada Post has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Canada Post. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Canada Post complaints 1106

Sort by:

Newest Canada Post complaints

F
5:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently we sent a pre-paid carton to a Burlington On address. The address information was labelled correctly. One week after mailing this carton we received a delivery notice requesting we go to the Post Office. When we handed the notice to the Shopper's Drug Mart employee who works at the Canada Post station we were told that we owed over $11 to receive...

8:53 am EST

Canada Post Shipping costs

I am so disgusted at your prices and non stop price increases.

Can you please explain why a magazine cost 20 dollars to mail and is not paper mail?

Van you please explain why its cheaper to send out of country then the next block?

I am constantly guessing at your rates this is so unfair how can one know the best way to ship things? It cost 12 dollars to send a penny to the states.

Yesterday I was quoted 238 dollars to ship 12 pop bottles empty from canada to london.

I received your solutions card what a joke I save like under a dollar evertime where are the discounts?

Governments the enemies within

Extorting all they can from the poor

Your service is way overpriced what the heck ever happened to affordable mail? Such a rip off for us trying to make money using a government service. This world needs less government ripping us off.

Claimed loss: money extortion

Desired outcome: I would like to see some better pricing as Canada post has become an overpriced nightmare with disgusting prices . there is no way the costs should be so high . End government corruption and greed .

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Canada Post representatives only. If you are affiliated with Canada Post, please claim your business to access these details.

7:27 pm EST

Canada Post Express Post Fail: Costly Consequences and Disappointment

My recent experience with Canada Post's Express Post service was extremely disappointing. Despite paying for express shipping, my package remained in Canada for an extended period, causing a delay that now jeopardizes an important appointment and flight. This delay is not only inconvenient but will also result in significant mental and financial damages.

I contacted Canada Post to address the issue and requested the package be sent back to me, but they were unable to expedite the process. This lack of flexibility and the subsequent consequences have left me frustrated and dissatisfied.

I hope Canada Post takes this feedback seriously and improves their service to prevent such costly mistakes in the future.

Claimed loss: I just want my package back before 18th January. Because I have a flight in 18th January and I need the document inside the package.

Desired outcome: I just want my package back before 18th January. Because I have a flight in 18th January and I need the document inside the package.

Is Canada Post legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Canada Post as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Canada Post stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Canada Post should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Canada Post earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Canada Post achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Canada Post. The company provides a physical address, 12 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Canadapost.ca has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Canadapost.ca you are considering visiting, which is associated with Canada Post, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Canada Post website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Canada Post has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 1106 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • You should not trust a website that appears to be parked, especially if you have already paid money to the website. A parked website may be a sign that the website owner is no longer actively maintaining or developing the site, and there is a risk that the site could be a scam.
  • We found that Canada Post website supports payment methods that allow for anonymous transactions. This could potentially be used for illegal activities, such as money laundering, and could indicate that the website is engaging in unethical practices.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Canada Post. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
3:22 pm EST

Canada Post parcel delivery

I ordered a small item from the US. It was tracked just fine until it landed in Toronto:

International Transit

Departed

TORONTO, CANADA

December 19, 2023, 12:36 am

Nobody can tell me what happened to it after that or where it departed to. I keep getting the textbook answer, it's still on the way. It either got lost and CP won't admit it or the plane is still circling the airport (since Dec 19th) and will dump the package when it runs out of fuel. I'm thinking the former. Any correspondence with CP states the same thing: Get the sender to launch an investigation. REALLY? Like it's the sender's problem? WHAT A JOKE!

12:24 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My ELDERLY parents moved to 263148 Wilder Lake Road, Durham, Southgate. They wanted to put up a mailbox and were told they couldnt. There are at least 12 mailboxes to the WEST of their laneway and at least 6 mailboxes to the EAST of their laneway. IT MAKES NO SENSE why they cant put a mailbox in when there are already so many on their road. Their laneway...

H
4:33 pm EST

Canada Post No attempt was made to deliver my package

Tracking ID: [protected]

I got a message from Amazon stating that the delivery was attempted on 2023/11/21 at 3:24 pm. As there was no delivery notice I checked my cameras and clearly no attempt was made to deliver the package. This has happened multiple times in the last 6 months. I work from home (where the package was to be delivered) so I doubt I wouldn't have heard the doorbell. Canada Post's service is not what it used to be...

N
2:27 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a slot in a community mail box. Delivery has been pretty good but in the last 6 weeks or so, I have been getting other people's mail, like my next door neighbour, or mail for someone on a street a few blocks away that has the same street number but the wrong street that starts with the same letter as mine. I live at 10 Penrose Court, Brampton...

K
7:36 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Oct. 1 2023 our postal carrier changed. We still have door to door mail delivery on my street. Since Oct. 1 the carrier has only delivered mail twice. I have video surveillance to prove this. I have phoned the 1800 line three times now. twice the complaint was referred to the local Prince George outlet. A rep from there phoned me after each complaint. He...

4:03 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Canada Post Shipped out a parcel and receiver never received it and it's been 5 weeks

My, dad shipped out a parcel and the receiver (Amazon) never received it and it has been over 5 weeks! Now he's out of his money. 😞 He's called both Canada Post and Amazon and no one has been helping him. He's gone in person to Canada Post and one of the employees even remembers my dad returning it. My dad has filed a complaint and was waiting to hear back something and he never heard back. When he call yet again he found out his case was closed.

This is getting ridiculous. The parcel is lost and you owe my dad money. Please make it right.

Claimed loss: $262.00

Desired outcome: Resoved this please.

D
2:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Clueless Canada Post employee On October 14th around noon, I went to the Canada Post outlet at 407 Laurier Ave. W., Ottawa in Minto Place to mail a Remembrance Day lapel pin from the Canadian Legion to a friend in Scotland. There were no other customers around. The female Canada Post employee asked what was in the packet. I said a Remembrance Day pin. She...

2:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I reside rurally and as such, have no choice but to receive my mail at the post office. As you can appreciate, in today's economy I have to work 3 jobs to sustain my household and therefore unable to pick up parcels during the open hours of operation in the Bath Ontario location. The office hours should accommodate lone led households that work the same...

A
1:26 pm EDT

Canada Post CANADA POST Service - huge delay for undelivered package

Re: Undelivered Shaw Direct Satellite Receiver from Canada Post.

Hello,

My name is Audrey Antoine from Fort Simpson NT. I have my sister ( Candra Antoine) assisting me through her email.

There have been numerous calls and complaints to Canada Post and Shaw Direct for the huge unnessesary delivery delay with Canada Post for my Shaw Direct Receiver that is still sitting in Edmonton AB since August 18,2023. Tracking number [protected].

Shaw direct is telling me that its between Canada Post and the customer.

Canada Post is telling me its between Shaw Direct and the customer.

No one wants to take responsibility and assist us.

Our emails / Phone calls from both parties are continually being ignored.

PLEASE call me to confirm that my Shaw Direct Satellite Receiver will be shipped to my home address ASAP.

From:

Audrey Antoine [protected])

PO BAX 382

Fort Simpson NT X0E 0N0

R
11:23 am EDT

Canada Post Home delivery of mail

On Sept. 5th/23, 3 envelopes were mailed from the U.S. which had nail strips inside. On Sept. 12th, I received 1 of the 3 envelopes ripped open and the contents damaged! I contacted Canada Post and their response was "mail gets damaged." No kidding! So, who eats the cost, me? When I inquired about my other 2 pieces of mail, I was told sometimes mail gets damaged going through their machine (so... what did u do with it? Keep it? Throw it out?) and without a tracking number, there was nothing they could do. Are you serious? You lost it, find it! I have been receiving mail from the U. S for almost 3 years and never had a problem and I would like Canada Post to be accountable for their unacceptable service.

Desired outcome: I want my mail and if that's not possible, I'd like to be reimbursed for the money I lost.

C
4:34 pm EDT

Canada Post Unnecessary unacceptable delay with shaw direct tv machine

Hello,

i wish to file a complaint to canada post for unnecessary holding my shaw direct order for the tv machine order. Shaw direct tracked the order to canada post in edmonton as of august 19th where the order is being held due to weather. This is unacceptable.

The tracking number is [protected].

To hold this order for this duration is totally unnesscesary. Please have the order shipped as soon as possbile to the recipiant:

audrey antoine

box 382, fort simpson, nt

x0e 0n0

D
7:16 am EDT

Canada Post delivery

575 Southworth St. Welland Ontario unit 121... we have parcel lockers and they are not being used by male carrier as pkgs are being sent to depot for pick up at Shoppers Drug mart on Ontario rd Welland Ont. Time of deliver was Monday Sept 11th 2023 at 12:00 noon... this happened many times and I don't think the mail carrier is using the installed parcel lockers at this address

Desired outcome: parcel lockers installed in building used for future deliveries

11:19 pm EDT

Canada Post Mail pick-up

It is with great frustration I'm writing to inform the disappointment in the pick-up of my mail. This has happen on a number of occasions. Again to-day, Sept 7, 2023. I placed my mail in a rural mailbox at the end of my driveway. I place the flag up to indicate mail for pick up. BUT this dose not happen. My new mail is place over my out going letter. There was one time it took 3 days before my letter was taken. I live in the country and not convenient to bring my letters to the post office. These incidents only started this year. Otherwise excellent service.

4:54 pm EDT

Canada Post Delivery not attempted

Twice today while at home a delivery notice was left instead of the delivery person coming to the door to obtain the required signature. No attempt was made as I was in my house all day in the living room near the door. So now instead of getting my packages today I have to wait until they bother dropping them off at the post office. This is extremely poor service. Ups and fedex manage knocking on the door just fine.

Desired outcome: Stop being lazy and actually come to the door it's not that hard

4:26 pm EDT

Canada Post delivery

Package supposed to be delivered between Aug 23-28 and this is the response I get from Canada post(picture included)(I understand delays but when you guys didn’t even process it and it’s sitting somewhere that’s not ok) it passed threw the border on on the 20th that’s it no updates nothing else and I was ignored right after this reply in pic when I said it passed the border on the 20th was sitting for 15 mins no reply.

I'm not getting any more responses threw support on the website

Desired outcome: I want my package because if not I'm going to a lawyer with these support convos because i paid for a service and was not provided.

3:31 pm EDT

Canada Post tuner

Tunerdepot.com is a scam. This company took $5400 for a tuner download that does not work. Customer service is awful. They offer a no hassle guarantee that is non existant. This company lists no address on their website and appears to be a ghost company. We were out of a vehicle for 1.5 months while the mechanic went back and forth with them. We finally picked up the truck with no tuner. Don't get scammed by Tunerdepot.com

Desired outcome: Refund of Money for a tuner that did not download

N
1:52 pm EDT

Canada Post Mail delivery

I 'm writing regarding Ridgeview LTCC 385 Highland West Stoney Creek , On L8J 3X9 . Pre COVID the mail used to picked up and dropped off inside the building. During Covid we have been putting mail outside our facility and that's where the mail was being dropped off as per post office direction. Now that we are back to normal, Ridgeview families are getting upset on why the mail is being placed outside with personal information on it. I have added the picture of where the pickup and drop off is happening.

Desired outcome: All we are asking is that moving forward if mail pick up and drop off can go back to normal where the port-person will come inside the building to drop and pick up the mail. Thank you

Overview of Canada Post customer experience

Canada Post is a postal service provider in Canada that has received a range of consumer reviews on Complaintsboard.com. Some customers have provided positive feedback, highlighting the organization's reliable delivery services, with customers praising the timeliness of parcel deliveries and the convenience of Canada Post's network of post offices and retail locations, making it easy for them to send and receive mail and parcels. While negative reviews have highlighted issues with lost or delayed packages, poor customer service, and difficulty in obtaining support when issues arise, Canada Post continues to be a trusted and essential postal service provider for Canadians.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Canada Post contacts