Having problems with Postmates?

Postmates reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 3, 2016. The latest review Driver support was posted on May 11, 2021. Postmates has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 55 reviews. Postmates has resolved 0 complaints.

Postmates Customer Service Contacts

425 Market Street, Suite 8
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Postmates Customer Service. Initial Postmates complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Postmates above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Postmates. Discuss the issues you have had with Postmates and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Postmates Complaints & Reviews

May 11, 2021

Postmates — Driver support

I have not received my 1099 of 2020 from postmates and I only deliver for them for 3 months and make more...

PostmatesOrder was not received 04/23/2021

I placed an order through the postmates app on 04/23/21 from IHOP. I received the text that said my order was being processed, my order was on it's way, please be prepared to meet the driver with your order and the message asking me if I wanted to give a tip.
I followed the driver on the GPS and when he was around the corner I opened my front door and sat on my steps expecting him to arrive with in a couple minutes. He never came.
I immediately contacted Postmates "help", selected the the order had not arrived and that I could not get passed the tip section on the app.
My request was numbered #[protected]
I got a reply at 10:13am saying:
Thank you for contacting Postmates Account and Tech Support. To bypass tip screen, select a custom amount and enter $0. To assist with the missing order, I'm passing this to the appropriate team so they can take a look inton this and assist you. They'll contact you as soon as possible,
Sasha P.
I have waited 5 days to be contacted and still have not heard from any one, but I got, Thank you for ordering from IHOP email.
Today 04/28/2021 - I sent another message in the app explaining that I have not heard from anyone in relation to the order that I did not receive on 04/23.
The reply I got today :
Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for reaching out about an issue you experienced with your recent order from IHOP. When issues are reported imediately following a delivery, it allows us to take the proper steps to resolve any problems.
After looking into your account, I see that this delivery was completed more than 5 days ago. Because of this, I am unable to issue a refund or credit for this order. From "Max"
I respond and with a copy of the comments from 4/23/21, and got an auto reply and it said :
Thanks for you reply, I understand your frustration, and know that we value your feedback.
After looking into this order again, we have unfortunately determined that we can take no further action regarding the issues you reported.

At this point I am going to inform everyone I know that use Postmates to stop because they are scamming folks out of their money, and it's to hard to get the money back.
Given it's $12.28, but I don't have money to throw away and was not trying to buy the driver breakfast or whomever he decided to give my food to.

I can be reached at [protected]@msn.com - Cheryl

PostmatesOrder marked as delivered and it was never received

I placed an order with postmates through whataburger on 4/18/21 the driver marked my food as delivered and the order was never dropped off I had to leave my house and go up to the fast food restaurant to retrieve my order, customer service was NOT helpful and disconnected the call while I was speaking they want me to contact the merchant and will not let me file a complaint on the driver . I would NEVER recommend ordering anything using postmates customer service was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE

Apr 15, 2021

Postmates — Order charged for andi never recieved

Ordered 3/31/21 I ordered mcdonalds though postmates, I had worked all day and wanted to have an easy night...

PostmatesIncorrect order

Ordered a noodle dish, asked for mild and no bell pepper; I'm allergic to bell peppers. The order came in and there are bell peppers in it. I tasted a small piece of noodle, just to check, and it was extra spicy. Contacted postmates, through the app, and was offered a $1.17 refund on a dish that cost over $12. Not impressed. Recently, I wanted to get something and I've gotten a notice that there's no one available to deliver. I live in San Diego, no one available? Something is wrong here. Refund of $1 for a $12 item and no one available to deliver; not a worthy company. And, no replies to emails.

PostmatesFood delivered cold and was late

I live in Woodbridge, VA. My food was delivered from a Postmates driver at 7:31 when my order should have arrived at 7:16. My food was cold and everything smelled like weed. The driver that delivered my food was Mahmoud. I want someone to contact me back regarding this situation now. This is ridiculous. We spent almost $50 for this food and the service was disgusting!!

Marisol Goss
        [protected]

Postmates99 Ranch grocery delivery order #[protected]

I placed an order for groceries with 99 Ranch Market in Newark, CA and they use Postmates for delivery. Part of my grocery order (one bag full) was delivered to someone else. 99 Ranch puts a label on each bag with the customer name and number, so the woman who received my order called me to ask if the Postmates delivery person (Jimmy) had arrived yet, because she had my groceries, but he did not leave all of her order at her house. I went outside to meet him when he arrived and told him about his error, so he said he still had her groceries in his car, and I thought he would fix the problem by returning to her house to retrieve my bag and give her hers, but he didn't do either. He just left and neither of us got the groceries we paid for. I tried calling Postmates Customer Service but they said they can't help me because I ordered directly from the store. Bad service by Postmates. I have contacted the store and hope they will refund me. By the way, I am 73 and disabled and I take care of a frail 87 year old husband (with no other family to help) so we try to stay in quarantine and need to rely on delivery services for survival, but I will not trust Postmates in the future.

PostmatesDeliver from dave’s chicken last night

Last night around 10:30 we ordered some chicken sandwiches..we waited and followed the drivers gps location until 12:30'!!
            When it finally said he was literally 1 minute away.. He cancelled our delivery « personal emergency... The drivers name was darnelle... I live at 2686 north beverly glen...
            Not going to lie but as soon as we saw his profile picture we knew we wouldn't get our delivery. And sure enough we didn't. And then everything was closed. Really sucked

Deliver from dave’s chicken last night
            Deliver from dave’s chicken last night

PostmatesFleet

I had a fleet account and"violated terms and conditions". A through investigation was not done and that's unfair. So I created another profile and switched the ssn# around and it worked so I am working for them again.
              This is how they ruin your career and your livelyhood and defame your character in the terms and conditions what I did was considered fraudulent true fact but I look at it as God giving me a second chance and I'm doing a thousand times better with my new profile than with my old profile in a way I redeemed myself they have to start doing background checks more secure more thorough and that goes for any startup that's on any platform that's looking to hire for their company's benefit not only that they're screwing around with the mileage when you go to the restaurant after the restaurant to the diner they're screwing around with the mileage that's why they're being sued

• Updated by dynomyite · Nov 23, 2020

They need to appreciate everybody that they hire you shouldn't always judge a book by its cover if you offer walk as an option to deliver food then let that person walk it's an option if you're not allowing walkers to deliver food for you, you should remove it from your platform that goes for doordash too.

PostmatesFood delivered cold

Order sat completed at the restaurant for 30 minutes before the driver showed up to deliver. We drove to the store directly which remade the order fresh for us however could not compensate for the charges from postmates. We paid a service charge, deliver fee and tip to postmates and driver prior to delivery. No customer service number listed publicly for complaints. Would appreciate a refund of the fees and tip since intimately we had to go pick it up ourselves. Will NEVER use again!!

Oct 27, 2020

Postmates — Wages and earning

I have work for Postmates for over 3 weeks now, on Postmate policy letter for earning and wages, it does say...

PostmatesGoing on 3 hours and no food!

There's no customer service number to reach out to. My card was charged. The restaurant said the order was ready 30 minutes after I placed it, yet here I sit without any food. This business should be ashamed. If I cancel my order, I will be charged the full amount, but you can have your customers sit for hours while you figure out whether or not you want to deliver my meal.

PostmatesInsurance coverage lacking

While driving for Postmates, after I picked up the order and enroute to delivering, I hit another car; yes, I was at fault. My insurance denied coverage as I was using the car for commercial purposes. Postmates has said that they will not cover me as their policy with Liberty Mutual is supplemental. Postmates agreement does not mention that drivers need a commercial rider and their advertisement says sign up and drive. Few people are aware of the need for commercial riders and Postmates hangs you out to dry with their deceptive agreement and advertising. The cost of repairs for my car are all mine. Is there something wrong here?

PostmatesDelivery

We had ordered 5 guys through postmates. Our driver sat in the store for 2 hours and then went home, and has not moved from the spot they are in. Postmates refuses to give me a refund and only gave me a 5$ credit for 60$ worth of food. This has to be the worst service I have ever gotten, and it all started once we upgraded our account which was cancelled promptly after 2 other times of this [censored].

PostmatesCancelled order but still charged

I mistakenly placed a pickup order with Red Lobster of St Peters MO when I intended to place it with Red Lobster in my town, St Charles IL. I did not know it went through Postmates as there was no indication of such. When I realized the mistake, I called Red Lobster of St Peters and cancelled the order. Since it went thru a third party, Red Lobster could not cancel the payment. No number to call Postmates except one which only tells you to complain on line. But that option keeps coming up as "oops we have a problem". Out over $50.00.

Sep 25, 2020

Postmates — postmates driver robert c. from antioch, ca stole my walmart delivery order!!

I ordered items on the walmart app for express delivery. I ordered over $100 worth items. Postmates i...

PostmatesOvercharged/Stealing

On August 8, 2020, I placed an order through Postmates and the total came out to 37.55. When checking my bank account I saw a 45.06 charge. I contacted Postmates and they responded saying they couldn't help me and to contact my bank. They tried putting the blame on my bank, so I called the bank and they confirmed it was their charge. They stopped replying to my emails and there is no number to contact them. DO NO ORDER THROUGH POSTMATES!!! THEY STEAL MONEY AND DON'T ANSWER YOU BACK! HORRIBLE AND WORST SERVICE EVER RECEIVED! I will be telling others order me not to use this scam of a service.

May 11, 2020

Postmates — Credit card was charged by postmates after the restaurant cancelled my order

I placed an online order at Pastini's restaurant on May 10th through their website. The restaurant cancelled...

PostmatesI did instant pay on the 6$ that was left and they gave me 1 cent

Recently I was involved in a scam.. I tried to stop it but they said they did instant pay. But usually when I do instant pay it shows up the next day so why couldn't they stop the payment. So unfortunately they said they couldn't help me. I did instant pay on the 6$ that was left and they gave me 1 cent. There had to be a better way to stop scams. Other companies put a hold on a new card added so that people can catch fraudulent charges. This would of really help me a lot.

PostmatesMy food was delivered cold and damaged and I got cussed out by your driver.. Twice and you won't refund my money

I ordered from little Italy thru Postmates... Cold and damaged I told the driver I didn't want it he cussed me out... Trusted you again to order from RALLEY'S and... Same driver and same cold and Damged food with a cuss out and my food throw at me.. Remind you I'm handicap and can't walk.. and I ask customer service for a refund... Can't even get that and I paid $30.06 and $46.09 that's allot of money for what ever you call service . I'm taking them to court I want my money back