Menu
Canada Post
reviews & complaints

Canada Post
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

959 complaints
66 resolved 893 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Canada Post. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
5:22 pm

Canada Post - Canada Post Customer Service

This is my third time having an absolutely horrible experience with Canada Post. The first time I ordered, I had a large order of home goods being delivered. I was at home the day of the delivery and the Canada Post agent decided to forego knocking on the door and instead, left a delivery notice stating that I needed to pick up my order. I went to the post office THREE times and stood in 30 minute plus lines each time due to the post office being an extremely busy location. Each time I went, the package had not been delivered to the location yet (despite it being days past the scheduled pick up time). This time, I placed two separate orders from a company that shipped through Canada Post. One was supposed to be delivered yesterday and the other today. Again, I was left two different delivery notices on both days (while I didn't go to work to ensure this would not happen again). Again, the Canada Post delivery man decided to leave a notice instead of knocking on my door. I called Canada Post and spent a significant amount of time on the chat as well, and Canada Post is offering absolutely no solution. Their reasoning is, due to COVID, the delivery driver may not be comfortable knocking on the door. I pointed out that the delivery driver would also have to touch the door in order to leave the notice and questioned how that is any different. She could not provide a response. Sarah was one of the customer service representatives I spoke to and she was absolutely no help and could not be bothered to discuss this situation or take responsibility for it whatsoever. I am so fed up with Canada Post and will no longer be shopping at companies that ship through them for this exact reason.

Desired outcome: Items to be delivered to my apartment.

B
3:22 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ref: 83950979 I just received a reminder to renew my forwarding address info: NOT ON YOUR LIFE! As you know, I paid a lot of money for a one year forwarding service from 59 Francis St, Port Hope, ON L1A 1K5 (Old) to 346 Peek A Boo Trail, Tiny ON L9M 0B3 (New). didn't work too well. By the time I moved I had notified everyone concerned - Banking and...

7:52 am

Canada Post - package not received

Order was placed Feb. 25/22. Tracking number provided #9810577123519303. Place of origin Surrey BC. Tracked package to "out for delivery today" by end of day. Started watching for it after lunch and received notice of delivery. Went out to check thinking I must have missed the truck but mailbox was empty. Was supposed to be delivered at 1:48pm, March 2/22.

This is the second time this has happened in the last 3 months! This package was not only important, but expensive! We are not impressed and expect a refund of $300.00 from Canada Post as this package was not delivered to our home as stated. In future we will find another means of delivery as Canada Post cannot be trusted!

We can be reached at [email protected]

Desired outcome: Please refund

T
3:23 pm

Canada Post - Delivery of The Epoch Times

I live in Williams Lake BC and Received a unsolicited copy of a far right newspaper yesterday of the Epoch Times! I have read an article from CBC that this is happening all over Canada. Very angry that our Canadian Post service would allow this propaganda to be placed in our postal boxes! There should be a limit as to what you will deliver! Unbelievable!

Desired outcome: Stop delivering The Epoch Times to non subscribers!

A
11:29 am

Canada Post - Package never delivered

I've been waiting on a parcel since August of 2021. Because tracking number has been lost they can't do anything to find my package that has items over $300...I swear canada post should be put out of business...they don't give a crap about their customers as long as they get paid for delivery or charge people shipping and then proceed to "loose" (possibly steal) packages worth more to the customers they're happy...that's what they are

Desired outcome: Package found and delivered

12:33 am

Canada Post - Mail not delivered

On December 15, 2021 I mailed twenty five Christmas Cards. The mailbox is located at Seacrest St. and South Main Street, located in Penticton British Columbia. None of my Christmas cards were delivered to the addressees. The mailbox is still in it's location and does not look like it has been tampered with. I am wondering what happened to the Christmas Cards that I mailed.

Desired outcome: investigation and refund of the $25 that I spent on stamps

O
3:09 pm

Canada Post - Mail

Building 530 the east mall, Etobicoke, Ontario. For some reason the mail doesn't come here anymore, and when comes once a week, or once every other week. I have called for some of my mail. And I was advised that the mail was out a month ago, however, I have not received anything. And others have been returned, so I've been here for so many years and never had a problem with the mail I would appreciate you to investigate the problem if there is one, thank you for your understanding.

10:15 am

Canada Post - Mail Delivery

I live at 19 Sprucedale Crescent in Kitchener, Ontario. In the last two weeks

I have received to pieces of mail addressed to a Mr. Bryan Brown who residence is 19 Summerhill Crescent Kitchener Ontario postal code N2N2X9

My own address is 19 Sprucedale Crescent, Kitchener, Ontario postal code N2N2S8. Our mail is delivered to a postal box.

a couple of years ago I received mail for a person with the same first name

as myself and the same Street number. I took the letter to him.

Somehow because of our same numbered address we are having this

happen. Is there anyway to correct this. Thank you.

OuDerek and Joan De Ville 19 Sprucedale Crescent, Kitchener, Ontario, N2N2S8 Our telephone number is 519-745-4475

S
5:15 pm

Canada Post - Package pick-up

Date: Tuesday February 22 2022

Post office: 102757

Clerk: Jen, white woman with glasses, shoulder length hair with bangs

My daughter had a package delivered to the Canada Post office by our condo today and I went with her to pick it up. The woman at the counter told us that she would not give us the package because the address on my drivers license is not the address on the package. I also had proof of our current address on some bills. I told her that we had moved into the condo six months ago and had not updated my drivers license yet. She was very rude and told me that there is a federal law stating that it was illegal for me to have not updated my ID and that she always keeps hers up to date.

Eventually she agreed to give us the package. As we walked away she made another rude comment, saying that I was not my daughters mother - "you're not her mother". That comment seemed crazy to me. Why would I lie about being my daughter's mother? The woman saw both of our ID's.

My complaint is that this woman is very rude and has serious issues making up laws and with holding packages. I don't believe that she was just having a bad day; she is a deeply mean person and potentially has some type of mental illness.

Desired outcome: This person should not work in a customer facing role.

J
2:03 pm

Canada Post - Parcel delivery

Usps cj481781257us out for delivery02/22/2022 8.44am canada received early this morning.

I cancelled a very important appointment to make sure I was home.

Usps cj481781257us held for pickup 02/22/2022 9.22am canada received at about 9.30am while I am at home waiting.

Tracking Number

CJ481781257US

Your item could not be delivered on February 22 2022 at 9.22 am in Canada due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. it is being held while addressee is notified.

I was home and still am this is not the first time this stunt is pulled on me and am furious because now I have to reschedule my appointments for tomorrow too.

Desired outcome: I would like a response and a sincere apology not a computer generated response. But I will not stay home for that it is costing me too much already.

L
12:36 pm

Canada Post - Lack of quality customer service

Over the past six months the quality of customer service from the my local post office has declined. Within the last week I have had a few parcels come in with my street address on them and was told that after Feb 20/22 any packages with just the street address would be returned to sender if no po box number was on it and with my last few parcels they have not put a notice card in my box. Is this a Canada Post policy in regards to parcel or mail that has just a street address to send back or is it a local policy?

2:25 pm

Canada Post - mail delivery

My postal code is T2A7J2 in Calgary South East. Since more than a year and especially last 3,4 months, I have had mails delivered to my mail box with the wrong addresses. The house number is correct but the street name is wrong for example Appletree road, way , close...some mails are from important places like lawyer, CRA, welfare department...which may need immediate attention, containing cash, check... {So far roughly about 20 of letters and one package}. I personally redelivered many myself since they are for my neighbors. I have tried to leave the letters with notes, write a reminder on them, tape a big green tape .. to draw attention of the carrier and then also drop them back into mail box to be picked up for delivery to no avail. I understand that mail person is under lots of stress ? rushing, bad eyesight., hate the mundane job...so mistakes do happen but please pay attention to your duty. We need your service. I guess I know now why my two orders online were lost last year without recovery

Desired outcome: Mailman to pay attention to read the address., and make the correct delivery

H
10:06 am

Canada Post - Delivery of mail

The postal lady that delivers on Washington Crescent is terrible. I have had several issues...small envelope package delivered to neighbor across street, mail that a company said was sent never was received and then yesterday my neighbor gave me my mail that had my new credit card in it. The neighbor had opened it so I have spent excessive time with the financial company to get a new number card as it is very easy for someone who has your number and code and billing address to order on line and have the parcel delivered to their address. All this because this woman cannot read. In addition I would like to get mail on days other than Tuesday and Wednesday. Most days I never see her walking the street so do you really think that no one has mail on this Crescent? I can see her mail pick up box from my place...if bad weather you can count on no mail delivery. This person needs to go.

Desired outcome: get someone who delivers the mail every day on Washington crescent and is diligent in making the mail delivery to the correct house.

M
5:27 pm

Canada Post - Postman throwing package at door

This has happened before, but the latest incident was on February 14th, 2022 at 4:00 pm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I live on Thomas Berry Street in Winnipeg. The post lady delivered a package. She walked up the walk, scanned the item, rang the doorbell and threw the package against the door. This is not necessary. What if the contents are fragile? Does she hate her job that much? Certainly many people would be very thankful to have her job. Absolutely unacceptable!

Desired outcome: The delivery post woman needs to be spoken to.

K
4:47 pm

Canada Post - The service

I was at the shoppers drug mart at polo park shopping mall inwinnipeg manitoba today this afternoon to mail a letter and asked the guy if I had enough postage on the enevlope and the guy gave me attitude about that I had to much on the enevelope. He has given me attitude a few times before. I think if hes going to keep up with the attitude he should not be workong with the public. He didnt have a name tag on him either but asked what his name was adam.

2:56 pm

Canada Post - Christmas Card Mail out

I mailed out my Christmas cards on December 10, 2021. I put 25 stamped cards in envelopes in a mail box on Secrest St and South Main St in Penticton, BC. None of my cards arrived at their destination. I am wondering what happened to them, were they ever picked up from the mailbox that is still there, sitting upright.

The mailbox in questions is still upright and does not appear to be broken into.

Desired outcome: Return $25 for Christmas stamps purchased

V
2:33 pm

Canada Post - delivery of Jan 2022 GST/HST refund cheque never arrived

I contacted CRA regarding my Jan 2022 GST/HST refund cheque that hasnt arrived to 3550 Hwy 33, Westbridge, BC V0H 1Yo. After contacting the CRA they stated that my cheque was put in the mail on Jan 5 2022. They also checked to see if the cheque had been cashed. It hasnt been cashed. It is now Feb 5 2022. CRA are sending me an application so that I can initiate an investigation and apply again to receive a replacement cheque. It was mailed a week ago. I havent received that either.

Desired outcome: Locate my cheque and deliver it to my address

1:03 pm

Canada Post - Express Post -signature required

I went to the post office on Monday, January 24 and purchased an express post envelope with tracking and paid extra to get a signature. The envelope is showing as having been delivered on Friday January 28 but no signature is provided. The Mortgage Servicing Centre I sent this to says it was not received. This is a payout for my mortgage due early next week. I sent it off in plenty of time to avoid penalties and Canada Post has failed. Without a signature at the destination there is no proof of delivery.

Desired outcome: My express post delivered and a signature provided!

J
1:40 pm

Canada Post - Express post with tracking, 3 day delivery

Paid for Xpress post three day delivery with tracking, Lethbridge AB to Victoria BC Tracking number 0105609000255492. Parcel finally processed by Lethbridge Centre January 24th. Parcel arrived in Calgary the next day was stuck there for more than a week. Feb. 3rd - the parcel is still in transit with no idea when it might arrive in Victoria BC. I guess from now on I should send my parcel by surface, or use DHL instead. Then I would know where my parcel is and when it will arrive. This is not the first time this has happened. I pay for Express Post only to find it takes upwards of 7 days. This is now 13 days with no anticipated delivery date.

Desired outcome: Stop offering a service if you (Canada Post) cannot meet the service standard.

View 0 more photos
G
10:19 pm

Canada Post - Your labour relations and treatment of the postal worker in Winnipeg.

I could not believe it when I read that a postal worker was sent home because he wore a higher quality of mask than is normal. The decision to send him home, because he was wearing a better quality of mask, due to covid, and that he had purchased that mask at his own expense- I just cannot understand such thuggish behaviour on the part of management. The worker was apparently wanting to protect his family from covid, and yet still fulfill his duties as a postal worker.

Desired outcome: The worker should be given an apology

Update by Gordon Bogstie
Jan 26, 2022 10:21 pm

I am retired. I do not understand how any company can be so cruel. Why would your management treat someone this foolishly. Have you no corporate integrity.

1 comment
M
Mar 03, 2022 5:26 am

most are lazy, and undeserving of the over inflated union wages they feel intitled to. I have personally witnessed, carriers disposing flyers in the garbage, call it a day and go home. Its time high time it should home delivery is privitized, at least then we will have a proper recourse in holding someone responsible, instead of running in some bureaucratic red tape to get simple solutionsto common problems with delivery.

Canada Post contacts