Having problems with Canada Post?

Canada Post reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Delivery was posted on Apr 14, 2021. The latest complaint outgoing mail was resolved on May 16, 2019. Canada Post has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 781 reviews. Canada Post has resolved 65 complaints.

Canada Post Customer Service Contacts

+1 416 979 3033 (International)
+1 877 632 6347 (Canada Post Online Shopping)
+1 800 563 0444 (Money Order Verification)
+1 800 565 4362 (Philatelic Inquiries)
+1 900 565 2633 (Postal Code Information)
+1 877 376 1212 (Technical Support Desk)
+1 877 262 5762 (Solutions For Small Business)
+1 877 683 5895 (Volume-Based Commercial Customers)
+1 800 267 7651 (Commercial Billing & Payment Support)
2701 Riverside Drive, Suite 1200
Locations

Postal Address

Po Box 90022, 2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa ON K1V 1J8

Canada Post Complaints & Reviews

Canada Postmissing package, sloppy mail delivery

My apartment address: 306 - 38 Quarry Gate SE Calgary, AB T2C 5T6.

I keep getting mail in my downstairs box that's addressed to other apartments in my building.
Sometimes mail is delivered here that's addressed to other apartment buildings entirely.

Important!! -- Now Canada Post claims to have delivered a package to my address this week. However, there's been no package-box key left in my mailbox. I strongly suspect the key has been mistakenly placed in someone else's mailbox.

Please put an end to this sloppiness and provide accurate delivery.

Canada PostExpressPost

I am franchisor and thought I couriered important documents to a close a sale to find out they never received it from Toronto to Calgary. I bought a 4 package. cost $18.00 for each package. They received a notification when I talked do them. one month later i get a notification I have something to pick up. When I go to pick it up, they want $29.50 more poor interior service. I have 2 more packages and afraid to use them. I the same documents by UPS delivered in 2 days with no problem. I will never use Express post again. Can I return them for my money back. i paid $50.00 for nothing. By the ay out of Principal I told Rexall keep the documents.
    Very Poor service.

Canada PostMail/package delivery

I own a small business where I sell jewelry to customers around the world. Earrings were sent to France and were received by the customer an empty envelope which was not even closed by the postal office. The customer has sent me pictures for proof. Please investigate this issue and let me know about the results of the investigation. This event may prevent me to use Canada Post as the shipment partner to my business. I have attached pictures below. My phone number is [protected]. My email is alex.[protected]@gmail.com

Canada PostLoss documents (passports), damaged package

We had to get our passports from the General consulate of Russia, but the package was torn and there were no documents in it. (new and old passports)
        On February 14 we got package with nothing in it. (Package was in our local post box). We contacted Canada post every day after getting this damaged package. After conversation with Canada post, they promised us to send questioner on our email. But we got nothing. In that package were 8passports. They were lost. We are worried about this situation.

Loss documents (passports), damaged package
        Loss documents (passports), damaged package

Canada PostParcel containing copies of the book I wrote

This has happened to me again and I am really in shock!
          My parcel sent from Mumbai, India, to my address
          (51 Knapton Dr., Newmarket, ON L3X 3A9) on Feb. 3, 2021 has again gone to the U.S. I checked this by typing my Tracking # (RM 67197 9349IN) in www.indiapost.gov.in. This is not just any parcel, Sir; it contains copies of
          the book I wrote using my blood, sweat, toil and tears for five long years. Can you kindly track it down, please. Not only me, but God will bless you.

Dr. Ramesh Waghmare
          Email: [protected]@gmail.com
          Tel: +[protected] (Landline)
          +[protected] (Cell phone and WhatsApp)

Canada PostNon delivery

A set of masks was ordered online from a supplier in Winchester ON on Feb 16, 2021. The package was returned to the sender as Refused. The reality of the matter is that the postal employee did not attempt to contact the receipient in any way to try and complete the delivery. They just marked as Refused and back it went. The address it was coming to was 2025 Othello Ave #216 which has an apartment mailbox and the sender was K Mikonnen on the return address. The supplier informed me of this by e-mail. The package was sent out on Feb 17 again with no delivery of this item. A complaint was lodged with Canada Post and was informed someone from the Post Office would contact me on Feb 24. Guess what. No one got in contact with me. I would like the package found and delivered. I suggest you change the name to CANNOT POST because it seems that you cannot post anything in this country through the regular mail and hve to sacrifice something to the Postal Union to hope it gets there. The Post Office likes to brag about their track record of deliveries but does not want to hear from anyone whose package they loose, abscond or refuse to deliver because it is too big to fit in apartment mail box.

Canada PostThe manufacturers insurance life company

Re: Johm Caresani (deceased)
              My name is Jacintha Chi Ling. I am the executor and beneficiary of John Caresani, deceased estate. On all about, the end of January I contacted your administration office and I was informed that I needed to forward the necessary documents along with his life insurance plan-se attachment. on February 11/2021, I received the phone call informing me that there was no benefits for me to be claimed, ten my file will be closed. the officer was very impolite and gave me no explanation. In view of the above, I would appreciate your attention and written response with details. Look forward to hearing from you soon. (attached with all necessary documents)
              yours truly,
              Jacintha Cheung

Canada Post OutletsParcel delivery

On my delivery address of L5A 3T8, if the post office can not reach anybody (That is another issue, since due to Covid-19 is home lock up and we are home) the parcel is returned to postal outlet on Central Parkway, just of Burnhamthorpe in Mississauga for pick up. It happens to me at lest three times and to my wife once, that AFTER picking up, we still get another note for pick up. It is very bad service, if we must get over there and stay in line for the second time just to learn, that the new note was for the mail which was pick up few days earlier already. If this outlet is not able to track their own delivery, maybe the Canada Post Office should switch the outlet to somebody else or negotiate longer storage with sending second note after more days. If it is still over there.

Thank you for your interest.

Jerry Milek, Mississauga [protected]@sympatico. ca

Feb 17, 2021

Canada Post — Item not delivered by canada post and returned to sender as refused

Masks were ordered from a supplier in Winchester ON to be delivered to my address in Ottawa. When my e-mail...

Canada PostParcel got delivered to wrong address and to wrong city

Today, feb 01, 2021 my parcel was delivered to richmond bc instead to my home address in vancouver bc. I created a service ticket, to find my parcel. Customer service was not helpful, saying "it got delivered to high volume address", "they don't know if I am me" etc. It is a third service ticket I was forced to create out of my last 4 parcels. Address was written in big bold black letters.

Parcel got delivered to wrong address and to wrong city
                  Parcel got delivered to wrong address and to wrong city

Canada PostJunk mail still being delivered to corman park horse riders assoc.

Several complaints have been filed to stop unsolicited mail being left at Site 816 Comp 162 RR8, Saskatoon S7K 1M2. What does it take to stop the unaddressed mail? Clearly the delivery person is not paying attention. No more junk mail which includes the free newspaper. This is a business box, none of the board live in the area, mail is picked up once a month so flyers are out of date by the time they are found. Help reduce the waste of paper & killing of trees.

Canada PostLack of confirmation of purchase I did not make

Upon recent discovery of glaring errors on my Bank account Statements of purchases done in May 2020. I proceeded to get confirmation that my bank indeed confirmed they were charges confirmed. At no point would I share my banking information nor my pin number, the charges totaled $600.00.

I confirmed with the store manager who confirmed that the charges did not occur at the stores register. He stated that he could not confirm that with the Canada post outlet store as the records do not go that far back (does not make much sense to me).

I contacted Canada post via online complaint they called and left a message stating that their records do not go that far back. It implies that Canada Post Outlets do not have to keep a record of business transactions
                      This is truly bizarre behavior as those are records that have to be kept. I suspect this is a strange occurrence by individuals behaving poorly.

[protected]@gmail.com

Canada PostMake a purchase

I am so fed up with our postal rates. We ship an average of 300-400 parcels per month across Canada, the USA and internationally. It costs us up to 45% more to ship a dinner plate within Canada than it does to ship the same plate all the way to the state of California. Granted, the plate to Alberta will arrive more quickly but Canada Post needs to offer a price for tracked domestic package where cost is more of a factor than speed of delivery. The plate, weighing .53 kg at 30 | 30 | 20 cm cost $26.41 to ship to Lethbridge, Alberta. The same plate shipping out to Pasadena CA USA cost us $18.19 as a tracked package. This is outrageous. It is less costly for people outside Canada to ship INTO Canada than it is for a Canadian company to ship products to its own people.

Canada PostInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

My parcel arrived in Canada (Pearson Airport, Toronto) from the USA.

It departed Pearson Airport on 29th December 2020.

The parcel is in the possession of Canada Post as it has left Pearson Airport.

I want to know where it is and when I will get it, I have waited almost a month from Colorado.

I was told that the sender must ask USPS. USPS says it has arrived in Canada and left the airport so it cannot track it further.

Canada Post is not interested in trying to resolve my issue and seeing if they have it somewhere, they hung up on me.

The tracking code is - LH124320069US

Canada PostMail being consistently delivered to the same wrong address 8 times now

Our mail keeps being delivered to 5979 Oldfield Rd. instead of 5797 Oldfield rd. I think the mail carrier is not paying enough attention or needs glasses. It's happened to us 8 times since Nov 16th when we moved in to our new house. However, we became aware that the previous owners had the exact same issue as us and had to become friendly with owners of the other address that the mail carrier had been switching the deliveries to because it happened so often. Please! Help us find a solution tot his issue.

Canada PostParcel delivered to wrong address; person received parcel and opened the parcel

1) Delivery to wrong address
                              2) Re-deliver with box contents not enclosed
                              3) Delay receiving medical supplies for life sustaining measures
                              4) contamination: why open the parcel???
                              5) Tampering of personal/medical affects not address to this person
                              6) Privacy issues: my personal private information was on the insurance form, found inside the box

Parcel delivered to wrong address; person received parcel and opened the parcel

Canada PostChristmas cards still not received from uk and sending to uk

I mailed card with pics in a bubble mailer on December 3 to my son in UK - he still has not received this!!

Also, I sent cards to my other family in the UK and they still have not received them - posted on December 5th.

You are worse than any third world corporation and should not be in the mail/post business whatsoever. Your cost to mail letters /cards etc. is way too much and you are ONLY interested in delivering parcels or packages which should be left to the experts which you clearly are not.

• Mo
                                    Moira Fitzpatrick Jan 12, 2021

The delivery of Christmas cards this past holiday was appalling! A card mailed in Edmonton Dec 4th arrived at my address in Vancouver January 5th. There were two stamps on the card, so no excuse about the right amount of payment! My cards sent to UK the first week of December are only just arriving over there as of Jan 12/21! A card sent by my brother the first week of December has not arrived at my address yet (Jan 12/21).

No wonder no one wants to send Christmas cards any more - why would we bother. Time to privatize the system, it clearing does not work the way you are doing things. My mail at 1490 Pennyfarthing Drive is delivered daily after 3.00pm, if we are lucky - shame!

Something has to be done and please don't use the COVID excuse - this has been over used!

Canada PostNon information provided on non delivery of Parcel

Parcel (Tracking Number MJ972207715CA) was processed at the Courtenay BC Post Office on December 20, 2020 at 04:46 AM. Since that day this item has been in transit.. After waiting until after Christmas, a ticket was opened ([protected]) was opened with Canada Post and was told the this would be looked at and Canada Post would reply by NO LATER THAN 05 Jan 2021 with an email with the results of the inquiry. No email was received and according to the Canada Post Tracking site, the parcel is still in transit.

Jan 05, 2021

Canada Post — Poor customer service canada post outlet london drugs, gibsons, bc

Approximately 10:45 am 5/01/2021 I went to this outlet to mail a parcel to UK. The very rude postal service...

Jan 03, 2021

Canada Post — Registered letter tracking

On Dec 18, 2020, I sent a legal document via registered which included tracking, this involves getting a...