Sears / Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator — light fixture overheats, melts, smokes. it's a fire hazard.
I have the same light melting/fire hazard issue with complete denial by Sears Service. Just filed with Chicago BBB. I looked into the problem closely several times as it occured over the past couple years, but could not determine why it happens sporatically. Sears tells me we left the door open, but this is certainly not true as the fixure melted to a point of disrepair and near fire yesterday, I kept checking on it over a period of 1-hour, closing the doors and checking closely to make sure they were closed, there is no way they were not closed. My suspision is with the buttons that are suppose to disable the lights upon closure. With the doors open, I could depress both buttons and the light would stay on. After cycling the buttons several times by hand, I noticed the lights went "Off". My fixture stopped overheating with the doors shut after this. Did Sears recommend replacing these buttons as part of the repair? Of course not, they claimed there was no history of a problem. I have to laugh now that I found this website and all the complaints. They are fools and obviously care less about the customer. Just out to rack you for a repair. Makes me sick to think I was proud the day I bought this "Elite" product from them. What a joke Sears has become.
More Sears / Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund