Complaints & Reviews

absolutely atrocious experience

My experience with Sears has been absolutely atrocious. We have a Kenmore top of the line dryer we purchased at Sears and one of the MOST important features does not work. We have been complaining about this since we bought it. To compound the problem the service program has a very un-friendly customer service policy. When scheduling a service call they only provide an 8 hour window. In a dual income family someone has to take a day off. That would be survivable if the problem was fixed during the service call. The autodry function on our dryer is not working properly. You can stop the dryer after 30 minutes and the clothes are very hot to touch and dry. The dryer will continue to run for up to 1 1/2 hours if it is not stopped. The clothes are always dry prior to that time. We have had a service tech tell us not to use that feature and just time dry. With all due respect that was one of the main reasons we bought it. I would like for him to buy a car that doesnt turn left and tell him just to make big circles to get where he needs to go. It is ridiculous. At another visit he replaced the "board" inside and it worked for about a week. The worst visit was this most recent one. Again we were given an 8 hour window. Both my wife and I had to work so we had a friend open up the house for him. We had left a DETAILED letter describing what the dryer was doing. 40 minutes after being let in the house he called to tell me it was working fine. I asked him if he ran it through the cycle, his response "I ran it over 30 minutes." I told him the problem is the dryer won't shut off when the clothes are dry. Then he said he did run it through the whole cycle. I reminded him he just told me he ran it about 30 minutes. He then said no "he ran it until it shut off." In the 1 year we have had that dryer it has never shut off in 30 minutes on auto dry. At that point he said his service time was up and he needed to leave. I told him my work is less than 10 minutes away and not to leave. He said no I have spent enough time already. I was literally locking the door to my store and getting in the car when he hung up. He told me he would stay a few more minutes. I was home in 6 minutes. He was already gone, not to mention the friend who was there said he left right after getting off the phone with me. I called his cell phone # and left a message telling him how un-professional I felt that was. Then I called 1-800-4my-home. They apologized and said that would log a complaint. I told her I wanted Sears to come out her pick up the dryer and replace it. She said they couldnt do that. I told her fine, let me speak to your supervisor. She said I couldnt that she was in charge of my account. I asked to schedule another service call and she said I couldnt until this call was closed. She told me I could try to call back in an hour and schedule another one. We went round and round, I wanted to speak to someone with more authority and apparently Sears is not equipped for that. Sears is fully insulated from their customers. I did not share that information with her, but that was my feeling. Finally, after 10 minutes she gave me another 1-800 number and I spoke to another lady. She again apologized and informed me that the lemon promise does not cover our dryer because it has to have four breakdowns. I told her we are still on the second because no one will fix it! I hope anyone reading this understands what I mean. She then told me she COULD schedule a lead service tech to come out between 8-5 on Monday. Now I have to take a full day off because we have no idea when they may show and I can not trust them to actually try to solve the problem. This marks the 3rd full day I have taken off from work for this dryer! I told her if they could just give a 3 hour or four hour window that would be better than a full day. Nope Sears can not do that. I got an earful of what Sears CAN NOT DO. So far all I have received is apologies. I do not need or want an apology. All I want is what I paid for. No more and absolutely no less.

This is on your website "if we are unable to fix it due to unavailability of functional parts or technical knowledge." In addition to "Quality service provided by Sears Parts & Repair Services professional repair specialists" and "Convenient service available in-home or at a Sears Parts & Repair Service Centers."

After I got off the phone my mom called to check on the repairs, since she was familiar with the issue. I told her about my experience so she decided she would call Sears. She was upset because she had bought the washer and dryer for our Anniversary. The lady she talked to said that she would call the technician and have him come back to the house and look at it again this afternoon. I told her I would try to get someone to cover for me at my store so I could personally be there. I could not get someone to. At that point my mother offered to take off from work and drive the 30 minutes home to meet with him. After about 35-40 minutes she called Sears again to find out the status of the technician. This time whoever she talked with said "most likely a technician would not come back to the location." Now we have been lied to again by a representative of Sears.

I have NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION with the way this has been handled. After hearing all of the things Sears can not do, I have decided what I can do. If I am not satisfied after our service visit Monday, and another day off of work, I will do the following: mail a copy of this letter to the Hartsville Messenger, Florence Morning News, and the State paper in Columbia, SC. I will attach a suggestion on running a series on consumer satisfaction after the money is taken. How do companies take care of their customers. I will also share my accurate story with all of my friends and family members and use every opportunity to direct them to a company that will stand stronger behind their service agreements then the paper it is printed on. Yes, at this point you are dealing with an irate customer. We have been patient and dealt with our dis-satisfaction. However, our patience has eroded. DO NOT OFFER another apology unless it comes attached with a solution. Not an offer of help at your convenience. You have my contact numbers and information.

• Di
    Dissatisfied Sears Customer Jun 23, 2009

I can totally sympathize with the frustration this gentleman is experiencing. I’m in the middle of a similar issue with Sears over a dishwasher. I will NEVER do business with this company again and will warn anyone thinking of purchasing an appliance through Sears to rethink that decision. In the long run you’ll pay the price of inconvenience, poor service, extended time away from your place of employment, and lack of satisfaction, no matter what a “good deal” you think you are getting up front.

• Kh
    khelms Aug 18, 2009

I am sorry these people are having this sort of a problem with Sears. In my personal experiences I have had only the best possible service. However, it was not in a Southern State. I was on the West Coast and customer service seems to be better. I have had problems here with other things that amounts to the customer service being problematic, that is why I am wondering if it is a "Southern" attitude. If I had the same problems, I would request my money back and return the dryer. If the dryer does not shut off as it is intended to, that could be a safety issue in my opinion. As I am currently without a working washer and dryer I appreciate the input from these parties.

rude managers, bad service!

Sears Portrait Studio - www.searsportrait.com I recently took my daughter to get her pictures taken at the...

poor service

I have had problems on several occasions now with sears 4 my home service. Today is no exception. I set up an...

customer satisfaction not important

Purchased high-end appliance because I trusted Sears/Kenmore. Previous experience with Sears products generally good except for a few random acts of obnoxiousness/ignorance on the part of some employees.

Stove was purchased 09/2007. In early 10/2007 the center element of the 3 element eye ceased to function. Service call resulted in a charge of more than $350.00 to repair. (That is approx 25% of the original cost of the range.) It was downhill from there; when I tried to contact the Rocky Mount, NC store manager he avoided meeting with me eyeball to eyeball but called my wife before I could get home. Of course there "was nothing" he could do for me! Abrupt and abrasive was the way my wife described the store manager. I then called Sears National Customer Service and spoke with "Peter". Peter advised that the store manager couldn't do anything to help me. When I disagreed Peter hung-up on me! Now mind you I have been calm, polite, considerate and reasonable. At no time did I demand anything nor did I threaten! I never asked for anything free - what I wanted to do was negotiate a more reasonable and realistic solution to my problem. But, I guess Sears is on the defensive these days and heading to sleazeville! I'm sure they are going to go down the tubes. Whatever happened to honesty, integrity, et al? Guaranteed customer satisfaction? - not at Sears. Will they get any more of my money - not one soue! Interesting, it will cost me about $400.00 but its going to cost Searsat least $3,000.00 (conservatively) just in the next month because I have bought a new house and will need appliances and equipment. So what goes around comes around wouldn't you say? Think twice before allowing Sears to take your hard earned!

credit card

Be cautious of sears changing their store credit card. They sent me a notice stating that you will recieve a sears mastercard unless you call them & opt out.
I feel this is a very poor way of doing buisiness. Not everyone wants a sears mastercard. I just wanted the same sears card that I had. I think they were very deceiving in the way they have you activate your sears card. They send you a basic blue sears card with a phone # to activate it. When you call they will start an activation of a sears mastercard.
after alot of sales pitches I had to be transfered to someone else. They said they would send me a new basic sears charge card. I don't understand why they sent me the new basic sears card with an activation # to call to find out they still have to send me another one. I have to admit I did not call & opt out of this mastercard offer but I feel I should not have to call them to tell them I do not want to participate in this offer. If any one else had this frustration please call Sears corporate office & complain. The # is [protected].
I understand people like credit cards but for them to force me to call them & tell them I do not want the mastercard is poor buisiness.

• Wa
    wallce vaden Aug 24, 2009

I have one of those Sears Mastercards I recently received new guidelines for its use. annual percentage rate will equal U. S. Prime RAte plus21.99%. July 1, 2009 this equaled25.24%.. nice ... Acomplaint to Sears via email was answered with the information that CITI was handling their cards and they did not have any input... Thats like saying that an individual has no control over choosing what they purchase. WRONG>>WRONG>>WRONG W. Ed Vaden

• Sl
    Sladewinters Aug 05, 2010

I believe these greed ridden companies should be put out of buisiness. I have had a credit card with Sears for a few years now and always paid on time and more than the minimum without ever being near my limit. The sub-prime morgage crisis arose and all of a sudden a good paying customers apr goes to 25% and change for no reason. Im switching companies and going with someone else and will never do buisiness with Sears again. Let Craftsman find another spokesperson.

• Gl
    Glendi Jun 18, 2011

I have been a sears customer for more than 20 years. I recently was asked by a clerk if I wanted a Sears MasterCard and emphatically told her NO. I then received in the mail an unsolicited MasterCard (which I will not activate nor want). They told me my regular Sears Card has been cancelled. I now have NO card despite they designate me as a "valued customer". I never received any prior notification of their intention. I will not do business with sears anymore as I consider this to be dishonest.

magiewright Sep 12, 2017

I was just told my 40 hour work week cut in half, I called sears and begged for decrease in my finance charges, never ben late,
    never ask for help, , the Manager told me there was nothing she could do to lower my "Interest Rate".
    I begged her to review my account, and she will see no charges has ben made in 3years on this account,
    I will Never do business with Sears Again.

[Resolved] replacement parts

Bought a flashlight that is powered by the same battery as a drill. The flashlight cost appox. $13.00. with...

no interest plans on credit cards

www.searscard.com

Last December, I bought at sears a washing machine, using their 12 months no interest plan. What they do not tell you is this, You have a balance on the account? I set up my payments to cover what my old balance was, and , now 10 months later, I find that none of this went against this purchase. They always do this last unless you call them when you make a payment to tell them what to put it against. Where is the truth in lending? or does it not count in credit cards? don't buy from sears, or use citibank for anything. They will always find a way to rip you off!

many disturbing calls to sell warranty.

I bought a leaf blower from sears recently. They asked for my telephone number when I checked out. Stupid me... I gave it to them. One week later the calls started. They want to sell me an extended warranty. I told them nicely that we are on the no call list and that we do not want calls. The callers seem to think it is OK "because we have a relationship with you so the no call list does not apply to you." We have done everything and said everything to get these calls stopped and nothing works. If I could only convince the company that I will NEVER SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN maybe they would take me off their list. We now have to leave out home telephone off the hook to avoid these harassing calls. If you give Sears your telephone number, you will now be as stupid as I am.

• Am
    Americ2012 Apr 16, 2012

April 16, 2012
    I received a call from Sears after the dishwasher required servicing after we had purchased extended warranty.
    Then the deception and misleading started. A telephone rep. asked if we wanted to "re-new" our extended warranty and it would cost a little less than the existing warranty. We would even save money if we re-new today aka (The Hook). What he failed to explain is that I was billed now twice. Once for the old agreement and now for the so-called new agreement. I am now paying twice for the same warranty for two appliances, one is a dishwasher. I was paying about 35.00 per month for extended warranty of two appliances and now I am paying an additional 25.00 for the same two appliances for a total of about 60.00 per month. And this is legal???? Is this not what class action suits are made of? I trusted Sears for years. No longer.
    Stay away and run the other way. Get everything in writing, ask for a copy of the agreement...Sears, you are not what you used to be...
    You have lost my trust and confidence in your name and your brands...You are misleading your customers with aggressive marketing tactics ...

extortion / scam

On Oct. 10,2007 I had an appointment for repair service on my Sears oven. The handle broke off the oven door. I bought the parts myself (brackets to hold handle) from Sears. The repair costs were quoted as $153.00. If I said no ( extortion) I would have to pay $65.00 for the estimate (scam). During the repair he went to his truck and returned with 4 screws that he said I needed and was charged $4.49 for EACH. Total charged $170.54 for a job that took 5 minutes.

I will never shop at Sears again.

joelnubla Jul 24, 2008

Technician came to my house and left without doing anything, but before he left he said that he will come back and get somebody to help him out for it is a big microwave. Later in the afternoon, the technician called and cancels the appointment and will not come back until next week (reason: "My assistant was canceled today and I don't have help booo-hooo). My regret is my lost of time towards these non-sense people. They did not even apologize for the inconvenience that they caused me...nothing at all. DO NOT GET THIS PEOPLE TO SERVICE YOUR APPLIANCES!

• Tr
    Trixie69usa Nov 11, 2009

Couldn't agree w/you more. Had an appt today and tech called me for directions since we live in a new development and when he never showed I called back the cell number that showed on my caller ID and he had turned it off. I phoned 1-800-my-home for sears hom repair and asked why the tech never showed and they stated that the tech noted that he made 2 attempts but nobody home, SUCH LIARS!!!

• Mo
    mommyb Jul 07, 2010

I had an appointment today for my deep freeze. I scheduled it 1.5 weeks ago. They only come to my area 2 days a week. I told them my freezes high temp alarm continued to go off and some items in the freezer wouldn't stay frozen. When I scheduled the appointment they said there was a $59 service charge. The guy came today. Opened the door to the freezer. Said yup it is running. There is frost on the top shelf that you need to defrost and then charged me $125. I went for the scam. Defrosted the freezer which only had 1/2 of the top shelf---not a lot of frost. AFterwards turned it on, closed the door and yes you guessed it---- The alarm continues to go off, the frost is coming back on the top shelf, and the food that is left in there is thawed. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY FREEZER!!! I do have 90 days for them to come back and recheck it. What a waste of time and money. DON'T USE SEARS OR BUY SEARS!!!

[Resolved] poor service!

I needed a new washer dryer set. It seemed like a simple thing to me. Pick a gas dryer and buy all the part...

wrong information, insults and indifference

Sears
www.sears.com

On July 29, 2007 the Sony 40" TV that I purchased from Sears on 11/9/2006 started displaying "rainbow stripes" on the screen. Per the terms of my extended warranty that I purchased (3Y SHOPMA), and information I received from sales associate James (ringing assoc # 855), I brought TV back to the Sears store I purchased it at for service. There I was advised by a cashier that I would have to take the TV to Sear repair facility across town (he even called to confirm this). Upon arriving at the Sear Repair Facility, I was advised that since my TV was over 26", I would have to have an in home service call. So I called 1800 4 MY Home and spoke with Colleen. Colleen advised me that a technician would come to my home between 8-12 on August 15. So, I took a half day off work on 8/15 and the technician did not show (I even called 1800 4 My Home to confirm the appointment the day before). So I again called 1800 4 My Home and was advised that the technician had a family emergency and

wouldn't be able to come out that day. While I understand about the technician’s (Service Unit 8175) family situation, what I don't accept is the fact no one called me. Wanting resolution of the issue, I called back 1800 4 My Home and requested that the TV be replaced. I feel this was a reasonable request give the circumstances (I was told 3 incorrect things by Sears at that point). Per Ester, a manager at 4 My Home, I should call the store I purchased the TV at to see if they could do anything. So I called the Regency Store in Richmond and spoke to Leslie, the Electronic Dept Manager. Leslie took my information and said she would call back. Instead of Leslie calling back, I got a call from Glenda from Sear’s One Source Dept [protected]). After explaining the circumstance to Glenda, she advised me that if I was to call back One Source on 8/29, I could request an "in warranty" replacement of my TV. She said that the amount I paid could be applied to a new television and

that Sears would even deliver the new TV and take away the defective one. I agreed that this was acceptable and even asked Glenda if I would have any issues when I called back... she ASSURED me that I would not! On 8/29, per Glenda's instructions I called the One Source Department, where I had the displeasure of speaking with Bob. Bob advised me that what Glenda said was not true (he did admit he saw her note, but would not honor it), and that I was just "conspiring" to get a new TV. Feeling very insulted, I hung up and called back. Upon doing so I got Mabel. Mabel advised me that I would have to have a technician look at the TV before anything else could be done. I again called the One Source Department and asked to speak with Glenda. Instead of Glenda, I got Porscha (sic?), she said that she could not locate Glenda, so I scheduled a service appointment for Friday 8/30... for which I will have to take an entire day off from work since they could not give me a set time.

In summary, I hope that Sears fixes the issues it has with it's service departments. So far my experience has been one of incorrect information (or lies), insults, and indifference.

paid warranties from sears & roebucks not honored

08-26-07 Smelled smoke found 4 inches of hot water in my basement, same level as electronic igniter for water heater, emitting sparks, temp 94 degrees, like sauna. Purchased water heater 01-04-03 w/a 5 year warranty. Called Sears Service Georgia #[protected] must here 10 minutes of automation, the next available representative, Got a person explained problem, said service will be out following day 08-27-07, Sears Service came by 08-27-07 at 5:30pm, agreed, said defective water heater applied pink sticker. Told me someone else from Sears will get back to me. No one called,on 08-28-07 called 800# again, kept promising service will call and come 4 Hours of combined time on phone with more promises. No water, or toilets. 08-29-07 called 800# asked for supervisor, or manager they tell me none available. Then they begin passing me to Arizona for service I fax my receipts & Warranty to them, now they tell me 24 to 48 hours before they can read my receipts. 08-30-07 call 800# again Promise to have Service man by 1:00 pm 1:30 pm I call back, they tell me they are running behind. Call at 5:30 pm Talk to Ms. Zoua at Department 82008, she tells me I am not in the System and they are not going to honor anything, No Water or Toilets. I Will Never Give One Penny To Sears & Roebucks Again After This Treatment. R.P.G...

[Resolved] warranty scam!

I purchased a ge washer from sears with a 5 year warranty. It broke 6 months later took the 3 weeks to...

I have lost all respect for sears!

We purchased a refrigerator freezer from Sears?in the spring of 2000. It was a problem from the get go. You could grow old waiting for enough ice to come out the door to fill a glass, but would find puddles of water and ice cubes on the floor whenever it felt like dispensing them. It was serviced numerous times (probably between 6-10 times) but everyone said the same thing... there is nothing that can be done because it is just the way it was made, they are all like that? We quit trying and just learned to live with it? On 06-21-2007 my husband went to get some ice from the door dispenser and noticed what he thought was steam coming out of the chute, so he opened the freezer door? He was in shock to find the upper portion of the freezer was ablaze... Yes... ON FIRE!!! He suffered burns to his hand putting the fire out? I called sears and they said that they couldn't replace it unless a repair person came out and said it needed to be replaced. Time lost...waiting for him to come and verify it couldn't be fixed.? I thank God that our whole house didn't go up in flames.? We lost all our food and had to live out of a cooler for a week or better, but they did bring us a replacement.? Of course, it was dented and a major downgrade from our original one, but they did leave it till they could resolve the issue (and of course they took the old one with them). I made numerous phone calls to the customer service #, and would have to wait on hold every time from 35 minutes to 1 hour to get to speak to someone. They finally sent out the right model, and again, it was dented. I have called so many people, so many times, that I feel like I should be on the payroll... IT'S RIDICULOUS!!! Everytime they deliver to us, the unit is dented, warped, or scratched.?I called them once after waiting for 2 1/2 weeks, just to find out they never reordered it. Then they delivered another damaged unit. I called the store immediately and they said they would reorder. A week and a half later it was to be delivered.? They called us Thursday night (after 8:30pm) to say it would be delivered between 3-7pm the next day. [protected] came and no delivery. At 8pm I called the store and was told that they couldn't find it that morning when they loaded up for that days delivery.? "And was anybody going to let us know that", I asked.? "you mean nobody called you", they replied. "We're so sorry". By now, "SO SORRY" doesn't cut it. I called the store the next morning when the only person there that knows what she's doing (Deanna in appliances in the Sears store in Wilmington, NC) was working. It wasn't there because nobody had ordered it like they said they had. Deanna took care of the order herself and yesterday evening they delivered REFRIGERATOR#8-yes #8!!! and again it had a 3-4 inch dent in the side.? I do not understand where they are getting all these damaged units from and how difficult can it be to get a refrigerator from point A to point B? without damaging it??? I am so leary of the icemaker--it's the same kind as the one that caught on fire. They say it was some kind of heater unit in the icemaker that ignited? You can believe that I took pictures before they took the unit and have filed an incident report with the consumer product safety commission because I don't want to see this happen to anyone else!!? I don't know what else we can do but keep receiving and keep sending back the damaged units. It's just so frustrating that we have been dealing? with this for months now without a resolution. One guy in the appliance dept. once laughed and said "man that beats our record of 5" (meaning 5 damaged refrigerators). I'm glad somebody can laugh at our setting records... CAUSE IT'S NOT US!!!? Sears, I have lost all respect for you. Many years ago I would buy things from you even if they cost a little bit more because I knew if there was a problem you would stand behind it and make it right... boy how times have changed!!!

termination of an employee!

A friend of mine was just terminated because of a $60.00 mistake on a customers order and was interrogated for about two and a half hours not to mention all of the mental stress that was involved. Sears need to stop treating employees like dogs and treating them with respect, because they are not just employees they are friends and family of consumers. Needless to say I will no longer be giving my business to Sears or K-mart.

non-refundable delivery policy

We bought an expensive "new but slightly dented" Kenmore washer at an appliance outlet. (We now think that the washer had been returned previously.)The delivery men did not level it or follow installation instructions. We had to do everything. The washer would not drain during the 1st & only time that we used it. A service code kept flashing & the machine kept beeping. We called the service number in the late evening and someone with a poor command of English yelled at us and said that we should instead call the store the next day. She could not tell us what the code meant, how to stop the beeping, or how to get it to unlock. We told the store to haul it away after spending much of the night hand rinsing and wringing out the clothes, after we finally managed to get it to unlock. We are still being charged the $60 plus tax delivery charge because it is "non-refundable." Efforts to get this resolved through customer service have been unsuccessful. We had been Sears credit card customers for 39 years. Not any longer.

• Lu
    Lukroi Feb 18, 2013

Why do you people cry about how long you've had a sears credit card when you have a problem like that makes a difference? The store you had the issue with should have replaced the item or serviced it for free. You simply didn't ask the right questions and the associates at the store did not properly guide you to do so. Delivery fees at any retailer are non-refundable since little or no big box retailers operate their own delivery company. The outside delivery service must be paid for the work they did. The store should have taken the hit of the $60 in the form of a price adjustment on your purchase. I agree your purchase was not handled properly by the store, but your expectations about delivery are a bit off as well.

lousy customer service and repair!

Four years ago I purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite in addition to an oven/stove combo which totaled over $7,000 from Sears. Yesterday, I scheduled an appointment for the refrigerator that is no longer working, which I certainly didn’t expect since Consume Reports had extremely high ratings – the very reason for the purchase. (It's internal temperature is a steady 58 degrees.) I scheduled a service call for 9/13/07 I was told the technician would be at my home between 1pm and 5 pm, and that he would call before arriving. If there was no answer he would not service, and I would have to reschedule. (Which put me in a position to have to speak to solicitors all day.) At 4:00 pm, a Sears representative called to inform me that NO ONE would be showing up to fix the appliance, and that I had to “reschedule”. I was astounded!

The next closest appointment was 6 days away on 9/12, and then I have to be available ALL DAY! I was told since SOME of the parts are still under warranty, I am unable to call any other repair service, so I am technically held hostage by Sears. Everything that was in this state of the art refrigerator which we paid a couple of thousand dollars for has now spoiled.

I called to speak with the sales person who received the handsome commission from our purchase and it was no surprise that he was no longer there. I did speak with the Large Appliance Department Manager, Chris Devans, in the Danbury, CT store, who when I pleaded for assistance, told me, “there’s nothing I can do, it’s not my department.” Nice! Well guess what, I will NEVER purchase another thing from ANY department in Sears, and I don’t recommend any one else to shop there either as they don’t give two cents about you once you’ve purchased the item. They may have made money on this sale, but they most definitely LOST any future business from me, my friends, family, and any one else to whom I can relate this story.

ordering from sears.com was a big mistake!

We ordered a stove and microhood from Sears.com and picked it up at West Lebanon NH store. The stove and microwave were both malfunctioning from day 1. The microwave made a chirping noise whenever we would use it and the front door on the stove could not be removed due to an improperly functioning hinge. We called Sears to come fix these problems. Big Mistake.

Visit 1: Repairman comes to assess the situation. Orders a hinge for the stove and a new motor for the microwave.

Visit 2: Repairman comes to work on stove and determines that the wrong hinge was sent. He can not work on microwave, because he doesn't have the work order. He tells us that we need to uninstall the microwave anyway for him to change the part.

Visit 3: We uninstall the microwave before this visit. Another repairman comes and is confused as to why the first guy thought we needed to uninstall it. He replaces the microwave motor and does not test the microwave before leaving. He uses a hammer to remove the door from the stove and installs the hinge in the stove that the previous guy thought was the wrong one. He then breaks the outer glass on the stove door and reinstalls it.

Now he leaves. I test the microwave and it turns out he installed the wrong motor in the wrong place and now it not only chirps, but the turn table is broken. The oven door does not stay closed enough to turn out the oven light. We called Sears.com and they agreed to replace the appliances, which is great! It then takes two days of going between Sears.com and the store we picked up the appliances from getting the run around and being sent in circles to finally get to a point where someone at Sears.com finally figured out what needed to be done and took care of it.

Bad product

I bought a Sears Kenmore side by side model # [protected] based on the Consumer Reports recommendation. I did not have it home a week and the first Jabil controller board burnt out. They replaced that, but 20 months later, it burnt out again. The repairman said boards almost never burn out...so what are the statistical odds of it happening to my refrigerator. He wanted to blame the home's electrical system, but the refrigerator I have prior survived 15 years without a problem. Now, Sears wants $350 to fix the board and/or $160 a year to guarantee I won't have this problem again. What kind of business are they running and what happened to the Sears that used to stand behind their products?

fraudulent activity, unreal customer service

Sears Saint John, NB

Don't shop at this location! They actually charge your credit card when you return a fridge under warranty and then you have to fight to get your money credited back once you receive the warranty replaced fridge. Also their customer service representatives at the 1800# will hang up on you when you request to speak to a manager.

Here is the what happened to us: This is pretty close to fraudulent activity and the customer service people, unreal!!!

We returned our fridge under warranty as it had cracks in the internal walls, that went well as the new fridge came and old one left. HOWEVER, sears actual charged my MasterCard for the full price of the replacement fridge and then said it would be a week for the credit to be placed back. Well 6 weeks later were still waiting and when we call the store or customer service they lie and say "It will be on your CC tomorrow" tomorrow never comes. We are taking them to small claims court and contacting our local media. Also when you ask for a manager or supervisor the reps hang-up on you!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices