Having problems with JC Penney?

JC Penney reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 1, 2006. The latest review Manager Lauren Strongsville mall Ohio was posted on Mar 20, 2021. The latest complaint arizona low rise bootcut jeans no longs! was resolved on Jan 02, 2020. JC Penney has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1230 reviews. JC Penney has resolved 144 complaints.

JC Penney Customer Service Contacts

6501 Legacy Dr.
Plano, Connecticut
United States - 75024-3612

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JC Penney Customer Service. Initial JC Penney complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JC Penney above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JC Penney. Discuss the issues you have had with JC Penney and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

JC Penney Complaints & Reviews

JC PenneyManager Lauren Strongsville mall Ohio

Extremely rude and unhelpful. Was buying a dress for my daughter which on the top of the rack said $19.99. Rang up $85. I had asked the cashier if it was on sale. She said no, it's ringing up at $85. (I had another dress orig $85 marked down to $13). I ran back to double check the sign and as I was walking back to the counter Lauren (I later found out her name and that she was in fact a manager) was also there. The cashier had told her I had said it was supposed to be on sale. Lauren looks at the dress and says something along the lines of yeah, no it's not. She couldn't be bothered to check what I was seeing on the rack. I said to both of them, I'm not lying, I'm just telling you what the rack says. She got really nasty and rude and said I never said you were lying.. Then began walking away. I asked her if she was a manager (because at this point I didn't know since the cashier called her while I was back reading the sign) as she walked away from me and she continued walking without answering. I asked the cashier also who completely ignored me and would not answer my question. I finally got an answer from the gentleman at another register behind the one I was at (the only nice employee you have it seems) and was told yes and was given her name. My cashier started rudely telling me that they were just so busy so I guess when you're busy, you're allowed to be rude to your customers. I work in customer service also and I would never treat or talk to a customer and COMPLETELY ignore one like they both did. I ended up not getting the dress because nobody could be bothered to go and look at the price I was seeing. The dress wasn't the only one on this rack, there were a couple of them. So I don't think it was even put there by mistake. It would have literally taken 30 seconds for the manager to just double check with me. Explain to me that maybe I was seeing something wrong with the sign... Instead she was rude, irritated, unhelpful, walked away, and completely ignored me. Will absolutely not be back.

Mar 06, 2021

JC Penney — Salon

I went to the salon to get a haircut and a foil, the lady that did my hair which I can not remember the name...

Mar 05, 2021

JC Penney — Salon manager

The salon manager at the California, MD Hair salon is horrible and has created a HOSTILE work environment...

Dec 27, 2020

JCP.com — Package not received.

I placed an order on 12/06/20. I didn't receive my package. I called JCP.com on 12/20/20, talked to...

Dec 21, 2020

JC Penney — I want this last part of this sale canceled and my money returned.

I have shopped in JC Penny for many years but I assure you I never will again. I was stupid enough to order a...

Dec 14, 2020

JCPenney — Rudeness from sales associate and physical harm

I was shopping at the JCPenney on Sunday, December 13th, 2020 at the Southcenter Mall in Tukwila, WA in the...

JC PenneyAccount charged a double payment

I have always paid my JC Penney bill on line. The payment is due on the 11th of the month. I went on line on the 28th of October to schedule my payment on the 11th of November. They took a payment from my account on the day I did the scheduling for the 11th of the next month and another payment on the 11th. This week it has been 1 month since they took the second payment and they still have not gotten a refund check to me. They are claiming that they sent it 15 days ago. It does not take 15 days for a letter in the US mail. It is easy to see why JC Penney in going down... worst customer service.

JC PenneyDolante collection tufted bed

I ordered the Dolante collection bed set on November 28, 2020. I received only the head board to the bed. No side boards or footboard arrived with this order. The problem I'm experiencing is when I call customer service to inquire when or if the rest of the bed will arrive, they look at order number and tell me it has been completed. No one, as of yet, has communicated back with me or helped me locate the rest of my order. I want the bed, however at this point, its probably best to get a refund or pay par shall payment for headboard as I cannot return such a large item due to difficulties in packing and shipping. I really would like some help in this matter and resolve the issue.
      Nancy Lucero
      Order Number [protected]
      [protected]

JC PenneysFine skin serum

I received a promotion about jc penneys closing and that they were liquidating beauty products. Answered a couple questions (age, sex) and a product was selected for me. I just had to pay shipping of $4.95, which I did (no where in the small print did it say there would be reoccurring charges). Then a few weeks go by... I never received anything in mail... But, I did receive another charge on my card!!
        I was charged the $4.95 and then charged $90.76. This company is stealing money from people.
        Now the fight begins to dispute these charges. Ghrr!

Sep 16, 2020

JC Penney — Hair service

Does good customer service even exist anymore? I was scheduled for a relaxer service with Jimmy at the JC...

Aug 28, 2020

JC Penney — Unethical behavior

This is a terrible experience and nightmare with JC Penney "in home custom decorating." On February, 2020, we...

JC PenneyWebsite

Your sales would probably skyrocket if you would spend what you have to fix the neverending broken website!!! Very pissed when I try month after month and can never order anything or if god forbid it works then your out of stock after spending hours just trying to get to said item!!! Have been a customer for over forty years... Fix the damn site!!!

Jul 31, 2020

JCPenney — Return not credited back in a full month

Order Date: June 19, 2020 Order Number: [protected] Part of an order was returned via UPS. The proof of...

JCPenneyStore manager

I've had issues with the manager before
            Not until now I decide to speak up
            I have had to call out or exchange days that I'm scheduled to work due to my child care provider being closed due to covid

When I do have to call out I text my manager directly because she is the one that does my schedule.
            She gets upset/bothered when I do have to call out and acts rudely towards me, examples; she won't speak to me directly she completely ignores me and lets me know that she's bothered by ignoring me to my face. She will not greet good morning when she's upset and it's something she does constantly even when she's having a bad day
            I'm here to speak up for myself
            I have gone to human resource as well and he spoke to another manager and said they would handle it.

JC PennyReturn of boots and blouse

I returned a blouse and boots on my personal visa/ debit card with receipt and all tags boxes etc. This was on March 1 st. No money has been refunded to my acct this is now March 2 nd. When I made the purchase it immediately was taken from my acct. You have the merchandise... and my money. I' ve read jc penny does this to people in their chsrgfv
              Deborah Ott
              [protected]@outlook.com

Jc penny’sCustomer Service

Both Audrey and Jeri were incredibly rude separately to my friend and I when checking out. They were angry with my friend for having a return and a gift card. Would not let her use a gift card and get 20% off if she used it. Also, jeri turned to Audrey and complained about gift cards. What the heck? Pay is pay. Not kind, not what you want as your representatives.

Feb 25, 2020

JC Penny — Returned item

Back on 12/20/19 I purchase a men's travel kit with colon samples for a gift at the Sephora counter . I...

Arizona Jean CompanyArizona Jeans

Purchased a black pair of jeans in August 2019 at JC Penney in Clarksburg, WV. They were only purchase to be worn to work which is at a grocery store. Did start wearing them until September as he was off due to a broken leg. About a month after wearing them, the butt of the jean by the seam was ripped very badly. The jeans were not roughly treated. A second pair either purchased in August or at Christmas time, was just taken out of the washer today, February 24 and they're ripped by the right back pocket.

Feb 19, 2020

JC Penney Company — service in the men's shoe section

On Sunday 2/16/2020 I went to the store to purchase a pair of penny loafers for my son. I asked the floor rep...

Feb 09, 2020

JC Penney Company — sales associate

My name is Terri Harden and on Jan 3, 2020 I purchased a pair of shoes at Monroeville mall. I told the...