Menu

reviews & complaints

Marshalls Complaints Summary

27 Resolved
273 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Marshalls with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Marshalls has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Marshalls. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Marshalls complaints 300

Sort by:

Newest Marshalls reviews & complaints

F
8:29 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Marshells at 9:30 am on Friday feb 9 th 2024 in Knoxville TN at Parkside drive and tried to do a return. They denied an item that I knew they would take back so I requested a manager. The manager (Joseph) was extremely abusive to me he told me that he knew I did frequent returns to his store and leaned over the counter and screamed this in my...

4:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a horrible experience at the Buena Park Location. This was on Thursday Jan 17th. I called the corporate number and explained what happened and was told that the manager would call me back, I stated that I didn't want to speak to that person, I wanted ed to speak to the district manager. Since it seemed to be an overall store issue. I did not receive a...

J
9:11 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at the Marshals in Hartford CT this evening. Store was pretty empty no line, so I proceeded to casher #1 who had his light on. Upon arrival, cashier Alex said “Nah go to 7 he can help you over there” I proceed back to cashier 7. Andrew on the other hand was helpful and cashed me out wishing me a good night. Upon leaving the store I was curious to ask...

Is Marshalls legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Marshalls as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 9% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Marshalls stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Marshalls should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Marshalls earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Marshalls achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Marshalls. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Marshallsonline.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Marshalls website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Marshallsonline.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Marshalls, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Marshalls website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Adult content may be available on marshallsonline.com. It is important to be aware of potential risks and to use caution when accessing or engaging with such content.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Marshalls has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 9% of 300 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Marshalls protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Marshalls. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
G
9:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Marshall's store in Hawaii: 1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 1030 Honolulu, HI. 96814 [protected] The last several months, both the women and men's restrooms had a sign closed to the public. Why? Cause the staff doesn't want to clean it? I am a senior citizen, disabled and patronize Marshall's regularly. It saddens me that their own customers can't have access to your facilities when they buy stuff from there.

N
6:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Marshalls Store have mold in ceiling, not safe to shop

I’m filing a complaint pertaining to the mold in every vent in Marshall’s store located in Bluffton SC 29910. I couldn’t shop because I was breathing in the air which is not safe to breathe in. I held my nose the entire time at the register. It’s not safe. I started coughing after leaving the store. Now my chest hurts while breathing, I have a headache. It’s not safe, something have to be done ASAP.

T
9:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Marchall's/Homegoods on Orchard Lake Road West Bloomfield, Michigan location I walked up to the register and it looked like the head cashier was about to ring me up. She was acting super nice but was very assertive and aggressive that I sign up for the credit card. I told her 3 times I wasn't interested. She literally made me sign up in which I received a...

A
6:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good evening I am a Marshall’s credit card holder and today I went shopping for some items for my children and myself before school starts. I have to say the store was very unclean and disorganized so I just wanted to shop and leave when I was finished. I checked out and something didn’t seem right. When I returned home I realized our cashier gave me my...

J
2:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Port Chester, NY. Saturday 7/22/23 An employee at the ladies fitting room had several comments that were rude towards my daughter and me. We actually followed the policies about how to handle the amount of clothes allowed. As soon as I arrived, she organized 10 pieces for me to try and insisted that I already had 10, like insisting for me to walk in the...

G
10:37 pm EDT

Marshalls Refund for return

Recently I bought two items, both of which didn't fit or were the wrong size. Sadly, I was shamed or ridiculed by the cashier and manager( Illeana) spelling. The shoes I was accused of wearing them out, but not true. The shoes were returned exactly as I bought them. The tag was there. As was the receipt. The top I forgot the tag and left it at home. I was told I could get a refund after I brought it, so I came back, only the same manager refused. She said something about video? I am a decent person who has stopped at this very store before. I am not a person of I'll repute! I don't like being insulted!

Desired outcome: A refund for the top and an apology.

Read full review of Marshalls and 3 comments
View 0 more photos
Update by Georgette Salavec
Jul 27, 2023 4:26 pm EDT

Today is July 27th 2023 and still no answer to my complaint!

Is this the complaint board for your corporate because it doesn't appear that way? It does' t seem that your care about your customers, products or service?! But... You are a company with stock in the retail service industry, yes? Where though is the integrity and fairness? Your customers left here to squander around like castaways on a very deserted island all alone with each other--- how nice of you! I can tell with this type of caring and non attributes you shall go far but maybe just not that place you all had hoped for. It's as obvious as that look on your complaint board face. So keep up the not so good work and you too shall indeed get that outcome you justly deserve in that place called bankruptcy court or a pile of ashes that used to call Marshalls retail store.

3 comments
Jul 27, 2023 4:46 pm EDT

I'm speaking to Marshalls--- come in Marshalls where are you?

Jul 27, 2023 4:42 pm EDT

You didn't post my other reply, why? Too many words? I give you benefit of doubt, more that was given to me.

Jul 27, 2023 4:39 pm EDT

What's with no service, no reply? Tell me why?

D
3:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Harlem store at 105 West 125 street woman’s bathroom is always dirty and no toilet seat. When I spoke to the manager he said the bathroom is cleaned every two hours but I was in the store at 11:00am and then he said the other stores bathroom are closed. The people in Harlem are spending their money and the restroom needs to be clean period. The toilet...

C
4:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got a part-time job at Marshall's over a month ago in the interview, but didn't hear back for weeks. At the interview, I made it clear that I was not available on weekdays until after 5:00, because I work a full time job. I was told that this was absolutely okay and that they would be able to easily accommodate that request. However, once I heard back...

D
6:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Marshalls at 1623 Avenue Y, Brooklyn N.Y. 11235 Receipt # T11319PMW11E119JG4AXHCW Saturday 06/24/2023 7:20 PM On the Date and Time I had to do some Spare Of The Moment Shopping at your Marshall's Department Store. Being that it was a Spare of the Moment Purchase, I did not have my TJ Max Mastercard with me for the Purchase, But I did Have the Card Number...

P
11:11 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Marshalls Complicated avenue of rabbit holes to report a unauthorized charge made on my opened new account.

Wrong Questions on automated answer service. Almost 2 hours wasted to

complete a report of billing error. Had poor contact with first live person, (couldn't hear me) transferred to another person who put me on silent hold for 20 minutes, had to hang up & call again. Again had to go through the same gauntlet of wrong automated questions. Transferred 3 time to the fraud Department. Tried to explain the error had to be at the check-out at Marshalls

in Osage Beach Mo. Our Receipt, "I thought", only listed the amount we charged that day. It took about 24 minutes to complete the new credit form and part of the holdup was Clerk could not complete the ring up. A supervisor had to rework

the Register and explained that the previous customer hadn't been cleared.

One month and 5 days later I get the billing showing a charge of $194.98 made in Scottsdale Arizona the very same day we opened this new account here at Marshalls in Osage Beach Missouri. I didn't keep my receipt as I didn't plan to refute anything. Now I am upset and cancelled my card and I want to return the Item for a full refund on this account. Store Manager cannot locate a copy of transaction? said to bring in billing. This store is located 29 miles away from home in Gravois Mills Mo. What is my compensation? What is being done to correct this kind of error?

4:08 am EDT

Marshalls I'm a worker at 100685 store in Rego Park Queens NY

I have been a employee for over 6yrs of faithful service my employee number [protected]. The company is cutting my hrs and giving more hrs to new hires. It bad enough I have been overlooked and they want to keep me as a cashier in which I didn't apply for. I was hired as a store associate they appointed this position to me cause I have great customer service. New cashiers and others positions in which I have done in the past they giving the hrs to them. The cost of living done went up and the company has been unfair to me. Please investigate there putting me in harms way please look into it. There are new employees who have more hrs than me that has to stop unfair labor practice thank u

Desired outcome: I need more hrs to survive in NYC

N
3:42 pm EDT

Marshalls Im complaining about the change rooms at West Edmonton Mall

Saturday June 3/23 @ West Edmonton Mall...

I went in to try on clothes in the change room and when I came out I noticed that there was young men in there going into the same change room as women. It would of been nice if the girls at the front of the change room would of let me know that it was a unisex change room/ or signage stating it was unisex. Also the girls managing this area were very unfriendly. This made me feel very uncomfortable...

T
8:37 pm EDT

Marshalls Clothes ordered

I placed two orders on 4/2/23. I have NOT received anything! I have tried emails and calling. NOTHING. The telephone # that they provided is no longer in service. I have come to believe that this company is no longer in service. The tracking # is ZLEUS6100003229YQ. The order #’s that were given me are 4338 and 4378,$43.28 and $41.05. The orders were placed 10:03 am on 4/2/23. I called the number listed for them [protected]. Nothing.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund. It has been on my charge card since 4/2/23

9:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir or Madam, On Thursday, Apr. 27, I visited Marshalls on 50 West 225th Street, Bronx, NY 10463 around 4:05pm ET. Upon entering the store, I grabbed a shopping cart but within seconds I was approached by loss prevention agent Louis. Immediately, Louis accused me of changing merchandise price tags. Not only was I confused by his false accusations, but...

E
5:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I was shopping at Marshall's last Saturday, 4/15/2023 between 3:30-4:30 PM PST. I came in the store with a 3.5 carat diamond tennis bracelet on my wrist. I tried on clothes and purchased $118 dollars with of clothing and I proceeded to leave. About 10 mins. after leaving the store as I'm driving down the street, I realized my bracelet was gone and...

3:21 pm EDT

Marshalls Service

We finished Marshall’s 3695Midway Drive, San Diego California on 04/06/2023. Cashier was Jessica G. Very professional over the phone and in person. This was our first visit store was set up

Nice but, lost prevention was evil! When we arrived we seen an Spanish later in blue jeans and a black tee shirt on fusing with two white homeless people telling them to leave the store! I asked her where is the children section she pointed out the area and she started following my family around the entire store! We was very uncomfortable and my children start asking questions like what’s wrong why is she following us. I have two receipts . We had no reason to steal. I spend 272.85$ than 403.94$. She finally stopped following us once a white man stole something out the store. We was racially discriminated against on our first visit. We will not return to that location. We meet another customer in a wheelchair and he told us she does that to him. Know your target don’t harass shoppers. She needs to be fired for her actions! Or written up. Thank you. If you need further information please contact me at [protected]

Desired outcome: Cashier told me to do a survey on my experience she apologized. Cashier Jessica G. Very nice

K
4:56 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 2/31/23 at 9pm I tried to purchase a rug that was clearly marked as clearance for 199. The manager Kate I believe her name was would not sell it to me and stated it was marked incorrectly! In my opinion this is a case of false advertisement and the marked price of the rug should’ve been honored! I feel like it was late in evening and they were to lazy to get rug down and sell it!

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Marshalls contacts

Phone numbers

+1 (888) 627-7425 +1 (800) 646-9466 More phone numbers

Website

www.marshallsonline.com

Most discussed Marshalls complaints

Refund for return
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer