Rogers Communications company logo

Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints
Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

275 complaints
159 resolved 116 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Rogers Communications customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Rogers Communications Go to website

Rogers Communications reviews & complaints

Rogers Communications complaints 275

Rogers Communications - Ignite move

I tried for 7 days, hours each day before I got answered. Today I find my tv that worked for the past year, is not, message says ignite box needs activating. Hours again on phone, no reply. I had service for a year yet my details say no mac id available? Tech supports cant help and puts on hold. I bet my house move goes wrong too. There is no excuse for no phone support, rogers retail shops won't help and say call.

Desired outcome: PERSONAL CALL AND RESOLVED SERVICES

C
Jan 08, 2022

Rogers Communications - Wireless billing

On Rogers website it clearly indicated that if one upgrade a smartphone, customers get $125 accessories credit. I upgraded two so I qualify for $250 accessories credit. I visited a Rogers store to get accessories and a salesperson acknowledged me that I qualify $250 since I've upgraded two phones. A week later, I checked my new bill and it charged for accessories financing instead of credit. I phoned Rogers customer service but I was told they cannot fix the problem and I have to go to the store. When I revisited the store, I had to wait an hour but still the problem has not been solved. Another salesperson told me I need to call back a few days later to check whether the problem has been resolved or not. I summarize problems here. First of all, there is no coordination between store and customer service centre. Secondly, the store salesperson doesn't know how to do. Moreover, their attitude to customer is very disappointing asking call back instead of they will send me an email notification. I've been over 20 years with Rogers but they are not good at all to customer and not professional. I strongly recommend not to use Rogers if you can.

Rogers Communications - Unauthorised charges, unprofessional behaviour

Account # [protected], Phone #[protected], Email: [protected]@gmx. us Sometime in late 2020 I contracted with Roger.com for services including: internet, TV, and phone lines. Of the 4 phone lines I...

I
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Extortionate prices, unethical bullying behaviour...

I signed up for rocket hub services and quickly decided to return the device within the guaranteed time frame 14 days...I believe I had the device less than 10 days...return was okay apart from the ridiculous covid measures in place at the store...
I received receipts to state that the device and all services had ceased and that my balance on the account was 0 and have kept those receipts...
Then I receive warning notices of unpaid bills...Bills I never received...
the first bill on the 29th December and then another on the 31st double the amount...extortion I don't know where they get the numbers from...gouging for a service I do not have...It is made extremely difficult if not impossible to talk to an actual person and not a bot, leaving me with no option other than to go online to find this complaint process...I can state that this company leaves a lot to be desired...Needless to say I will not be paying these bills...
If I were to leave a review and I have not ruled that option out I would be giving the company less than 1 star...I can also see that a huge number of complaints on this forum have not been addressed so I will not hold my breath for a response...and will seek my day in court if it comes to that outcome...The company is a disgrace with their bullying tactics and lack of representatives, I would strongly suggest people avoid dealings with Rogers...
I have tried to upload the emails but could not, if someone were to get in touch with me I can forward to them...

Desired outcome: An actual person to resolve my complaints without waiting over 2 hours

M

Rogers Communications - Television

I have tried my best to escalate a problem of my cable tv to rogers for over a year. Three times a tech has come out and done the exact same thing witch has never resolved the problem.
The channel problem has become progressively worse and have been told that it will be resolved. Unfortunately this has not been done and yet my bill must be paid for a service witch I do not receive.

Desired outcome: Fix the problem

Rogers Communications - Lack of contentment

I have had unacceptable issues with Rogers staff and lack of value while receiving repeated price increases. My account #[protected]
My current issues begin with:
Someone added a a cell phone to my package in August. I has created confusion and no one will separate this person from my account and it occured without my consent. After an hour on the phone with a helpful person I was told that a superior would oversee that switch as it should not have occurred and I have already made a payment towards this account, for which no one has offered to refund. I have not received a reply and it's been 7 days.
The person turned out to be my daughter... she does'nt return calls and regardless, I want her off my account as it was not approved and my account is already a mess because Rogers holds the mail a lot longer than three days.
Since then I received a notice from collections, that I now owe $600 due to unreturned equipment that was sent three weeks ago.
The impertinent person that did not assist me was brutal, assumptuous, entitled and outright worthless. Regardless of my requests to NOT PUT ME ON HOLD AGAIN, she simply did so with a total of one hour and six minutes while I attentively awaited. I the end she the resolve was:
I shipped via Purolator as dictated, using your return box and labelling and though the package is surely within Roger's building.. it just hasn't been received so the best thing for my credit rating is to pay the bill now and wait as it is Covid and we are currently ineffective and that has become my fault.
Considering the past years of Roger's service and lack thereof, I request that someone with vision, imagine what it like being a Roger's client and allieve my frustration by finding my equipment, crediting my account, ADVISING me of this and assisting me in finalizing my account as paid in full and terminated.

Sincerely,

Michael Blom
31 Jasper Drive Aurora
[protected]

bb

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Phantom over - billing of my mobile account, cannot get action from rogers

Customer: Robert Fitzgerald 701-15 Gale Crescent, St Catharines, ON L2R 7G3 Rogers Comm has added 90.00 phantom billing to my "Infinate" account they refuse to fix. Contacted Rogers Live 12/07/21...

Rogers Communications - Both service and billing

2 weeks of torture trying to get service at my new address..5 phone calls.. Total 5-6 hours on phone 2 techs..1 supervisor.. And still not satisfied 2 days trying to hook up modem and found out...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - I am complain about rogers communications - cable tv.

About November 12, 2021, my Lobby channel became not very clear. I reported it to Rogers cable TV and they said they will fix it. Look I am living in Toronto Housing Corporation and to see my lobby...

Rogers Communications - Roaming

Was charged for roaming like home despite turning off roaming services in the US. On the call, the rep LIED saying that our bill was incorrect (that there was data being used because they had "more details in their back end system", despite no data being used). I offered to send a screenshot of the bill, and they said "the bill is incorrect, we have the correct data". The lying was very blatant, and the agent quickly jumped off the phone when he realized that he'd been caught. Calling attention to this case so that the recording is reviewed.

G
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Not honoring service agreement and poor customer service

I discussed my home internet bundle with a Rogers agent and agreed with the bundle price on November 6, 2021. I received the Residential Service Agreement from Rogers on the same date. The bill I received on Dec 4 was not aligned with the agreement at all. I called Rogers and talked to an agent for for 3 hours this morning (Dec 5) to try to resolve the billing issue. The agent suddenly cut off my line. When I tried to call back, I was told that I need to wait in line for another 50+ min. How does that make sense?

When I asked the agent for his name/employee ID, he refused to provide. So, I cannot even trace who I talked to.

My account number is [protected]

Desired outcome: Adjust the bill to reflect the agreed terms on the agreement

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Identification conflict, poor service, and poor internet performance at insane price points

My home internet price jumped from 70$/month to 135$/month in september without any notice. Upon calling I was offered a new promotion of 84$ monthly + smartstream service which required a new modem. When the operator was close to completing the sale I was informed that my identification on the account was incorrect and that I would have to correct it in person before completing the sale. Upon confirming identification and calling again, the same problem occurred and I was told that I was considered as an international student even though I am 65 and have been with rogers for over 10 years, we are now in november with the same issue. Upon further calls in November, I was informed twice that an internal investigation was to be done on my account for any malicious activity or errors and that I would get a call back within 3 days upon this matter. It has now been a full month since the first mention of this and 3 weeks since the second call informing me this. Rogers' in store assistants are unable to do anything on this matter since "everything gets done by phone" and the phone operators consistently run into the same problem and request and investigation which never gets completed. It has now been 3 months since our initial problem, not only are we paying more than our original 70$ for our internet service (currently paying 90$) but our service is also incredibly poor with constant service outages and general poor speed for our price range.

Rogers Communications - Sales Reps

November 29, 2021

I'm writing this to complain about your door-to-door sale reps. I don't appreciate being hassled and pushed by these people to purchase Rogers services/products.

I had a sales rep come to my door 3 times today, pushing me to switch from my current provider to Rogers. He showed up at 4:30pm, and he said was the rep for the Courtice area. I told him I was not interested. The same person came back around 7pm and my husband told him the same thing - not interested. He then came back a third time about 7:15pm! I'm really not impressed with this. If this is how Rogers runs their business, I'm glad I'm not a customer and quite frankly will never become a customer. No means no and it would be best if your sales reps learn that!

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Samsung s20 fe device rebate adjustment requested based on july 2021 promotional plan on phone # 9975

Case # C [protected] ….. Fido / Rogers request, already documented (escalated 2x to the Office of the President)
I filed a complaint last Friday Nov.26 regarding device rebate on phone number ending 9975.

I received an email that the recipient box was full. Does it mean that my complaint was not received?
Do I have to resend my complaint?
Please let me know.
Lilia

Desired outcome: Device rebate for the per contract agreed on July 16…over billed for October and November.

V
Nov 22, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - My second (2 financing arrangements for my moto edge 2021 and circumstances surrounding.

I have never been mistreated and shown up front disrespect when engaged in a financial transaction the company such as yourself in size and stature!

Upon on bated breath, I waited for your Rogers Go wrap to come up to the elevator of my suite and deliver my brand new Motorola Edge 2021.

I open the door and with a big smile I forget her name possibly it could be Shannon.

Being so unused to so much company
I.e. yet only one other person in my home in such a long time, I almost forgot my manners.

Getting to the point, she brought out my phone we sat in my kitchen, and I honestly felt like I was being taken care of with a nice warm comfy blanket so to speak by your company not being Rogers Wireless.

She at the conclusion almost of our meeting, open up her laptop and then inform me just how well of a credit score I even have with you guys which made me feel obviously loved lol.

She started looking around and seeing since I am Canadian armed forces 8-year combat engineer veteran amongst other titles.

Or at least that's kind of the atmosphere that you're representative introduced her next proposal.

She kept doing some water typing on her laptop and looking at me going I'm trying to answer as many promo codes as I can to see whatever else you qualify for since you're such a high credit stature with our company etc

That being Rogers Wireless.

Quick note to the reader, I may not be fully versed on the exact company name or division of Rogers.

She looks at me and said well since you have such credit you get a free tablet!

Some HTC second rate lower a company tablet but sounds good.

I specifically remember asking her as a rebuttal to that, how free is it?

And I looked in her eyes when I asked this question.

She said it's completely free, all you're going to need to pay is approximately $7 and change for per month for data there will a $50 activation fee.

I don't 100% remember all the details. if things get more serious if I don't find resolution this as you will clearly deduct from for the reading.

So I got my tablet and she said goodbye everything's cool and we both when are separate ways on our own individual journeys for the day.

I after the first month's bill on my Rogers app not the browser.

I noticed that under the phone number of the tablet that the SIM card that this representative gave me, there was a finance fee of approximately $7 and change and my name was on the financing of the tablet for that amount!

I say again, I looked at the bill and on the tablet's SIM card phone number on the bill. There was an amount of approximately $7 and change to FINANCE the tablet per month!

AND NOT THE $7 IN CHANGE THAT THE REPRESENTATIVE INFORMED ME THAT I WOULD BE PAYING PER MONTH FOR THE USE OF THE DATA.

There is way more to this story but that is the main COMPLAINT.

And that is Ladies and Gentlemen.

That in my opinion, if one individual proceeds to, in the Victim's Name something like Monthly Financing Charges.

For example..

Without the victims expressed consent or Knowledge there's nothing short of FRAUD.

Actually it's fraud in my humble layman's terms, whilst representing your company and very much on the clock at the time.

Suffice to say, there is more to this but I'm already probably not allowed to even write all that I've written.

Guess we'll see.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Before I make up my mind whether I may or may not go to the courts and/or
CRTC to further my complaint.

I am somewhat aware that I will be advised or maybe advised.

If I have tried to resolve this matter at the lowest level.

Hence this letter...

If you made this far, you have my everlasting gratitude.

I await your reply.

Yours Truly and Respectfully,

Adam Z. Stefaniec

MCpl (Rtrd)

Desired outcome: Redo the original Sales/Financing contract

Rogers Communications - Rogers voicemail communications from [protected]

I have received at least six recorded voicemail communications from from [protected] since September. The most recent email which accompanies these recorded communications states: "You have a new...

N

Rogers Communications - Rogers wireless iPhone 11 Labour day special

My husband ordered a cell phone upgrade for an iPhone 11 on Labour day when they had a really good deal. They processed the order and then 3 days later they sent an email saying the phone was on back order for 4 weeks. we waited 5+ weeks but still hadn't heard from them.
On October 13, we phoned Rogers to inquire. They told is they didn't know when the phone would be in stock and then spent time trying to get him to agree to a different phone that cost twice as much. This is called a "bait and switch".
It is important to note that they are still advertising the iPhone 11 on their website, with no indication that you can't actually get the phone. You only find that out days after you order.
I have been a Rogers customer since 2007. I find this to be disgusting behaviour. If they don't have the phone in stock, and they know they cannot fill the order for weeks or months, they should say that on the website when ordering.
We were looking at other companies deals at the same time we ordered Rogers deal. I feel they did this on purpose to keep us from taking advantage of other deals from different carriers, knowing full well that they could not honour the deals they offer.

Desired outcome: Give a time for iPhone to arrive, or offer same deal for a higher iphone

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - no way to contact them when the cable is cut

thursday October 7th our cable was accidently cut therefore had no telephone internet or television. there is no way to contact them to get it repaired.
THIS IS WRONG PEOPLE HAVE COME TO RELY ON PHONE SERVICE .
fortunatly Bell canada is having there new fibe service install underground where I live and the staff of the contractor came by and made a temp repair now I have wasted probably 15 hours on the services trying to locate the repair department of rogers THE PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO BE A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY bit liking looking for a needle in a haystack.
CAN ANYONE HEAR ME I WANT THE CABLE REPAIRED SOON THIS IN NO GAME NO SERVICE ON PAYMENT
sharon coppin
40 munro cres
uxbridge ontario
sharon.[protected]@outlook.com
[protected]

Rogers Communications - Support telephone support avoidance /excessive delays

I have a SIM in my android that has stopped working, but the device itself has not.

This has precipitated 2 diostinct complaints!

Prelimianry:

The account associated with this is a very old grandfather that i have been keeping as it is unreplaceable.

1) Communication responsiveness:

After an exorbitant amount of telephone run-around, I was told that the account was archived (albeit without my permission or notice).

Attempts since to contact rogers have been far from adequately responded to. example: the last attempt pt me in a queue said to be 3 hours long with no callback option. This is useless!

2) It is very possible that this now non-working account is still being billed, hence there is a financial import.

Impleaded:

1) That Rogers resurrect the grandfather and sort out the problem, as much on principle as the account.

2a) If this proves truly and technically impossible, and ONLY then, that that account be terminated and any charges related to the time from its last use (circa October 1, 2021) be refunded and that account finally closed.

2b) That I be formally assured that no sort of veiled repercussions on regard to any and all accounts that I may hold with Rogers or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates precipitate in respect of this, akin to the principle of witness protection applied to witnesses in cases of criminal law.

Clearly it is not my intention to let this case be discreetly de-escalated to state of having been unrespected, however the expected amount of any improper charges is expected to be small, likely less than $100.00 CAD.

This complaint has also been announced to a select list of other authority figures, in the interest of holding all responsible, each for each, for their roles in the solution in case further difficulties should arise.

Hopefully this will be sufficient to prevent further acrimony or « vacarme! »

Best wishes,

Bruce Martin

Desired outcome: `Rogers Communications (Canada)

A
Oct 04, 2021

Rogers Communications - poor tv service

i had a rogers tech come out after spending an hour or so the guy tells me he can't fix the problem i'm having & to make it worse he took off channel 23 the weather Network so not only now i can't get the Family Channel 51 or even channel 25 YTV but now i can't even get back the Weather Network where does Rogers get these guys he tells me i have to wait 2 whole weeks & then i have to call Rogers again to tell them he was unable to fix it which means they have to send another guy out to replace both next boxes holy cow is the whole company going down the tubes or what

1 2 3  ...  14