Menu
Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints

Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

290 complaints
174 resolved 116 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Rogers Communications customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Rogers Communications. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:47 am

Rogers Communications - Lack of contentment

I have had unacceptable issues with Rogers staff and lack of value while receiving repeated price increases. My account #706702065
My current issues begin with:
Someone added a a cell phone to my package in August. I has created confusion and no one will separate this person from my account and it occured without my consent. After an hour on the phone with a helpful person I was told that a superior would oversee that switch as it should not have occurred and I have already made a payment towards this account, for which no one has offered to refund. I have not received a reply and it's been 7 days.
The person turned out to be my daughter... she does'nt return calls and regardless, I want her off my account as it was not approved and my account is already a mess because Rogers holds the mail a lot longer than three days.
Since then I received a notice from collections, that I now owe $600 due to unreturned equipment that was sent three weeks ago.
The impertinent person that did not assist me was brutal, assumptuous, entitled and outright worthless. Regardless of my requests to NOT PUT ME ON HOLD AGAIN, she simply did so with a total of one hour and six minutes while I attentively awaited. I the end she the resolve was:
I shipped via Purolator as dictated, using your return box and labelling and though the package is surely within Roger's building.. it just hasn't been received so the best thing for my credit rating is to pay the bill now and wait as it is Covid and we are currently ineffective and that has become my fault.
Considering the past years of Roger's service and lack thereof, I request that someone with vision, imagine what it like being a Roger's client and allieve my frustration by finding my equipment, crediting my account, ADVISING me of this and assisting me in finalizing my account as paid in full and terminated.

Sincerely,

bb

R
5:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Rogers Communications - Phantom over - billing of my mobile account, cannot get action from rogers

Customer: Robert Fitzgerald 701-15 Gale Crescent, St Catharines, ON L2R 7G3 Rogers Comm has added 90.00 phantom billing to my "Infinate" account they refuse to fix. Contacted Rogers Live 12/07/21 on their internet site and spent two hours online a week ago was told the charges were for overseas long distance, which was not true. Then they said it was for...

Rogers Communications - Both service and billing

2 weeks of torture trying to get service at my new address..5 phone calls.. Total 5-6 hours on phone 2 techs..1 supervisor.. And still not satisfied 2 days trying to hook up modem and found out service not even connected outside as I was assured when told it would cost me $150.00 to have tech. Come hook up. Can do myself... Well that didnt work out First...

A
5:36 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Rogers Communications - I am complain about rogers communications - cable tv.

About November 12, 2021, my Lobby channel became not very clear. I reported it to Rogers cable TV and they said they will fix it. Look I am living in Toronto Housing Corporation and to see my lobby entrance (who is calling me or who is coming in) I must (which I do) pay monthly cable TV to have a lobby channel and therefore my safe living. Isn't thi...

U
12:22 pm

Rogers Communications - Roaming

Was charged for roaming like home despite turning off roaming services in the US. On the call, the rep LIED saying that our bill was incorrect (that there was data being used because they had "more details in their back end system", despite no data being used). I offered to send a screenshot of the bill, and they said "the bill is incorrect, we have the correct data". The lying was very blatant, and the agent quickly jumped off the phone when he realized that he'd been caught. Calling attention to this case so that the recording is reviewed.

G
11:21 am
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Not honoring service agreement and poor customer service

I discussed my home internet bundle with a Rogers agent and agreed with the bundle price on November 6, 2021. I received the Residential Service Agreement from Rogers on the same date. The bill I received on Dec 4 was not aligned with the agreement at all. I called Rogers and talked to an agent for for 3 hours this morning (Dec 5) to try to resolve the billing issue. The agent suddenly cut off my line. When I tried to call back, I was told that I need to wait in line for another 50+ min. How does that make sense?

When I asked the agent for his name/employee ID, he refused to provide. So, I cannot even trace who I talked to.

My account number is 567522727

Desired outcome: Adjust the bill to reflect the agreed terms on the agreement

F
12:04 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Identification conflict, poor service, and poor internet performance at insane price points

My home internet price jumped from 70$/month to 135$/month in september without any notice. Upon calling I was offered a new promotion of 84$ monthly + smartstream service which required a new modem. When the operator was close to completing the sale I was informed that my identification on the account was incorrect and that I would have to correct it in person before completing the sale. Upon confirming identification and calling again, the same problem occurred and I was told that I was considered as an international student even though I am 65 and have been with rogers for over 10 years, we are now in november with the same issue. Upon further calls in November, I was informed twice that an internal investigation was to be done on my account for any malicious activity or errors and that I would get a call back within 3 days upon this matter. It has now been a full month since the first mention of this and 3 weeks since the second call informing me this. Rogers' in store assistants are unable to do anything on this matter since "everything gets done by phone" and the phone operators consistently run into the same problem and request and investigation which never gets completed. It has now been 3 months since our initial problem, not only are we paying more than our original 70$ for our internet service (currently paying 90$) but our service is also incredibly poor with constant service outages and general poor speed for our price range.

C
7:42 pm

Rogers Communications - Sales Reps

November 29, 2021

I'm writing this to complain about your door-to-door sale reps. I don't appreciate being hassled and pushed by these people to purchase Rogers services/products.

I had a sales rep come to my door 3 times today, pushing me to switch from my current provider to Rogers. He showed up at 4:30pm, and he said was the rep for the Courtice area. I told him I was not interested. The same person came back around 7pm and my husband told him the same thing - not interested. He then came back a third time about 7:15pm! I'm really not impressed with this. If this is how Rogers runs their business, I'm glad I'm not a customer and quite frankly will never become a customer. No means no and it would be best if your sales reps learn that!

L
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - Samsung s20 fe device rebate adjustment requested based on july 2021 promotional plan on phone # 9975

Case # C 171638900 ….. Fido / Rogers request, already documented (escalated 2x to the Office of the President)
I filed a complaint last Friday Nov.26 regarding device rebate on phone number ending 9975.

I received an email that the recipient box was full. Does it mean that my complaint was not received?
Do I have to resend my complaint?
Please let me know.
Lilia

Desired outcome: Device rebate for the per contract agreed on July 16…over billed for October and November.

View 0 more photos

V
2:54 am
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - My second (2 financing arrangements for my moto edge 2021 and circumstances surrounding.

I have never been mistreated and shown up front disrespect when engaged in a financial transaction the company such as yourself in size and stature!

Upon on bated breath, I waited for your Rogers Go wrap to come up to the elevator of my suite and deliver my brand new Motorola Edge 2021.

I open the door and with a big smile I forget her name possibly it could be Shannon.

Being so unused to so much company
I.e. yet only one other person in my home in such a long time, I almost forgot my manners.

Getting to the point, she brought out my phone we sat in my kitchen, and I honestly felt like I was being taken care of with a nice warm comfy blanket so to speak by your company not being Rogers Wireless.

She at the conclusion almost of our meeting, open up her laptop and then inform me just how well of a credit score I even have with you guys which made me feel obviously loved lol.

She started looking around and seeing since I am Canadian armed forces 8-year combat engineer veteran amongst other titles.

Or at least that's kind of the atmosphere that you're representative introduced her next proposal.

She kept doing some water typing on her laptop and looking at me going I'm trying to answer as many promo codes as I can to see whatever else you qualify for since you're such a high credit stature with our company etc

That being Rogers Wireless.

Quick note to the reader, I may not be fully versed on the exact company name or division of Rogers.

She looks at me and said well since you have such credit you get a free tablet!

Some HTC second rate lower a company tablet but sounds good.

I specifically remember asking her as a rebuttal to that, how free is it?

And I looked in her eyes when I asked this question.

She said it's completely free, all you're going to need to pay is approximately $7 and change for per month for data there will a $50 activation fee.

I don't 100% remember all the details. if things get more serious if I don't find resolution this as you will clearly deduct from for the reading.

So I got my tablet and she said goodbye everything's cool and we both when are separate ways on our own individual journeys for the day.

I after the first month's bill on my Rogers app not the browser.

I noticed that under the phone number of the tablet that the SIM card that this representative gave me, there was a finance fee of approximately $7 and change and my name was on the financing of the tablet for that amount!

I say again, I looked at the bill and on the tablet's SIM card phone number on the bill. There was an amount of approximately $7 and change to FINANCE the tablet per month!

AND NOT THE $7 IN CHANGE THAT THE REPRESENTATIVE INFORMED ME THAT I WOULD BE PAYING PER MONTH FOR THE USE OF THE DATA.

There is way more to this story but that is the main COMPLAINT.

And that is Ladies and Gentlemen.

That in my opinion, if one individual proceeds to, in the Victim's Name something like Monthly Financing Charges.

For example..

Without the victims expressed consent or Knowledge there's nothing short of FRAUD.

Actually it's fraud in my humble layman's terms, whilst representing your company and very much on the clock at the time.

Suffice to say, there is more to this but I'm already probably not allowed to even write all that I've written.

Guess we'll see.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Before I make up my mind whether I may or may not go to the courts and/or
CRTC to further my complaint.

I am somewhat aware that I will be advised or maybe advised.

If I have tried to resolve this matter at the lowest level.

Hence this letter...

If you made this far, you have my everlasting gratitude.

I await your reply.

Yours Truly and Respectfully,

Adam Z. Stefaniec

MCpl (Rtrd)

Desired outcome: Redo the original Sales/Financing contract

Rogers Communications - Rogers voicemail communications from 18557047980

I have received at least six recorded voicemail communications from from 18557047980 since September. The most recent email which accompanies these recorded communications states: "You have a new Voicemail Message from 1-855-704-7980 received on Tuesday October 26, 2021 at 6:32 PM. To play your Voicemail Message double click the attached file. From...

N
3:42 pm

Rogers Communications - Rogers wireless iPhone 11 Labour day special

My husband ordered a cell phone upgrade for an iPhone 11 on Labour day when they had a really good deal. They processed the order and then 3 days later they sent an email saying the phone was on back order for 4 weeks. we waited 5+ weeks but still hadn't heard from them.
On October 13, we phoned Rogers to inquire. They told is they didn't know when the phone would be in stock and then spent time trying to get him to agree to a different phone that cost twice as much. This is called a "bait and switch".
It is important to note that they are still advertising the iPhone 11 on their website, with no indication that you can't actually get the phone. You only find that out days after you order.
I have been a Rogers customer since 2007. I find this to be disgusting behaviour. If they don't have the phone in stock, and they know they cannot fill the order for weeks or months, they should say that on the website when ordering.
We were looking at other companies deals at the same time we ordered Rogers deal. I feel they did this on purpose to keep us from taking advantage of other deals from different carriers, knowing full well that they could not honour the deals they offer.

Desired outcome: Give a time for iPhone to arrive, or offer same deal for a higher iphone

S
12:12 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rogers Communications - no way to contact them when the cable is cut

thursday October 7th our cable was accidently cut therefore had no telephone internet or television. there is no way to contact them to get it repaired.
THIS IS WRONG PEOPLE HAVE COME TO RELY ON PHONE SERVICE .
fortunatly Bell canada is having there new fibe service install underground where I live and the staff of the contractor came by and made a temp repair now I have wasted probably 15 hours on the services trying to locate the repair department of rogers THE PEOPLE WHO PRETEND TO BE A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY bit liking looking for a needle in a haystack.
CAN ANYONE HEAR ME I WANT THE CABLE REPAIRED SOON THIS IN NO GAME NO SERVICE ON PAYMENT
sharon coppin
40 munro cres
uxbridge ontario
[email protected]
905 852 6062

Rogers Communications - Support telephone support avoidance /excessive delays

I have a SIM in my android that has stopped working, but the device itself has not.

This has precipitated 2 diostinct complaints!

Prelimianry:

The account associated with this is a very old grandfather that i have been keeping as it is unreplaceable.

1) Communication responsiveness:

After an exorbitant amount of telephone run-around, I was told that the account was archived (albeit without my permission or notice).

Attempts since to contact rogers have been far from adequately responded to. example: the last attempt pt me in a queue said to be 3 hours long with no callback option. This is useless!

2) It is very possible that this now non-working account is still being billed, hence there is a financial import.

Impleaded:

1) That Rogers resurrect the grandfather and sort out the problem, as much on principle as the account.

2a) If this proves truly and technically impossible, and ONLY then, that that account be terminated and any charges related to the time from its last use (circa October 1, 2021) be refunded and that account finally closed.

2b) That I be formally assured that no sort of veiled repercussions on regard to any and all accounts that I may hold with Rogers or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates precipitate in respect of this, akin to the principle of witness protection applied to witnesses in cases of criminal law.

Clearly it is not my intention to let this case be discreetly de-escalated to state of having been unrespected, however the expected amount of any improper charges is expected to be small, likely less than $100.00 CAD.

This complaint has also been announced to a select list of other authority figures, in the interest of holding all responsible, each for each, for their roles in the solution in case further difficulties should arise.

Hopefully this will be sufficient to prevent further acrimony or « vacarme! »

Best wishes,

Bruce Martin

Desired outcome: `Rogers Communications (Canada)

A
3:03 pm

Rogers Communications - poor tv service

i had a rogers tech come out after spending an hour or so the guy tells me he can't fix the problem i'm having & to make it worse he took off channel 23 the weather Network so not only now i can't get the Family Channel 51 or even channel 25 YTV but now i can't even get back the Weather Network where does Rogers get these guys he tells me i have to wait 2 whole weeks & then i have to call Rogers again to tell them he was unable to fix it which means they have to send another guy out to replace both next boxes holy cow is the whole company going down the tubes or what

2:41 pm

Rogers Communications - tv shows

Hello... I have been a Rogers customer for many many years and seriously considering moving onto Bell. You keep charging more on my monthly invoice yet the service and choice of tv programs are getting worse and worse. You ran 3's Company for about 2 years over and over... Everybody Loves Raymond for years as well and substitute stupid tv programs like...

10:20 am

Rogers Communications - Comment made on radio station in Halifax 95.7

Mr. Todd Vienotte once again manage to make inappropriate comments on the radio. Calling People Clown is bullying, he has been calling people over and over during his presence on the Rick Howe show. enough is enough, when will he be removed from the chair? he has bullied, abuse his power, discriminate people on daily basis. If someone has a concern, he will hang up on them and call them name after wards. is there a need for this kind of attitude when you are sitting for someone elses show?

Desired outcome: have Mr Vienotte remove from the air or take an ethic course

D
11:34 am

Rogers Communications - The Tech People

I guess that Rogers don't take there complaint very serious at all when I put a complaint in against there 2 tech people who came to my house to move one simple cable in the ground. Plus the two tech people were very rude also when it came to the work in was very nice to when they say rude things towards the home owner. As far as I am concerned that I am think about switching to a satilite dish with free to air at least I would be getting better service then Rogers.

K
10:30 am

Rogers Communications - internet

I have been a Rogers customer for years, I have had an ongoing problem with intermittent internet. I have had at least 12 or more Rogers Techs in my home. The cable from the pole to my computer has all been replaced and is all brand new, I have had my Modem replaced at least 8 times in 3 years. Just before Covid I had a Tech here and told him my story . I asked if the problem could be further down the line and he said that he was checking that to see, He told me I was right that it was either down the lines away from my home or all the way back to the Rogers depot in London. For over a year during Covid my internet worked fine and now since May 2021 my internet is screwing up again. I called once again and I'm being told I should upgrade to a Ignite Modem and I will save 30 dollars a month for a year and I will only pay $74, 95 a month. I only pay $66.66 a month now and I live on a Disability Pension so I can't afford to pay anymore then what I am already. Is this just a ploy to get people to pay more for their services. Why can't Rogers actually fix this problem without costing me more money. Do I need to get a different Internet supplier or can Rogers actually FIX THE PROBLEM.

Desired outcome: Fix My Internet

5:37 pm

Rogers Communications - Channel Guide Information

Has anyone noticed that Rogers has stopped providing the date of production/release and featured players in their channel guide? This information had been provided previously.
If a listing doesnt contain this information how are you to know for example if the Dragons Den episode is from 2019 or from 2021. Today TCM showed The Misfits and the channel guide didnt mention the stars.
By omitting this information the channel guide provided by Rogers is nothing more than a listing of the various shows in their time slots, no real information provided.

Desired outcome: It would be best if Rogers, as before, provided date of production/release and featured players in their channel guide.

Z
Jul 25, 2021 3:51 am

Yes -Rogers has had the worst and most inconsistent show descriptions since a major change several years ago - and now this!

0 0