Having problems with AT&T?

AT&T reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Customer service/abuse was posted on Apr 14, 2021. The latest complaint rewards card was resolved on Nov 03, 2015. AT&T has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1770 reviews. AT&T has resolved 641 complaints.

AT&T Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

AT&T Complaints & Reviews

Apr 14, 2021

AT&T — Customer service/abuse

This location needs to be audited! Raymond who claimed he was a manager and Chris are extremely...

AT&TUtility pole guide wire

Last week was parking my car at the Ramsey New Jersey train station and hit a guide wire that was attached to your pole. The wire was anchored within the white lines of a customer parking space. I tried to get a pole number for a reference but your pole did not have any like other utility poles do. Where do I submit a claim to repair my bumper. Anchor should not be in a marked parking space, dangerous...

Utility pole guide wire

AT&T UverseAT&T Uverse TV & Internet Non-Credit of Payments despite proof from my bank they cashed my checks.

I spent an inordinate amount of time on the phone, getting shuttled from department to department, providing the requested documents as requested via the Payment Inquiry Website provided by Supervisor Alex Molina (Claim # 5307778, Incident# [protected]) during a 60-minute phone call on 3/30 which commenced at 2:00 pm ET.

I then spent 45-minutes on the phone with my bank in order to arrange for a copy of the requested copy of the Electronic Fund Transfer provided by my bank (Bank of America) to the [protected]@att.com email address provided by Accounts receivable Supervisor Horatio Caesar during a 45-minute phone call 4/3 which commenced at 10:55 am ET.

I have automatic payments set up through my online banking, which sends a check for more than my bill amount, to avoid any shortages based on the varying bill due to days in the month. I send this payment two weeks ahead of the due date.

On 3/13 my bank sent a payment of $155 for my March bill, due 3/27. I have attached the EFT showing you deposited my check, which my bank indicated was deposited by you on 3/21, yet I started receiving non-payment notices and termination threats. At that time, I should have had a $24.60 credit in my account.

After discussing the issue as described above, I issued a check for the $130.40, despite you having already cashed my prior check for $155.

While checking my account today, I discovered that you have now issued a bill for $282.77, still showing the $130.40 as past due, despite your now having cashed two checks totaling $288.40, and had the audacity to charge me a $9.99 late fee, despite my account being noted that a payment was already sent.

• Mi
        MidnightRain38 Apr 12, 2021

that are some of the many reasons i left at&t..i am now with tmobile and have had not 1 problem with any kind of billing.hope you get it straightened out though cause it's like pulling teeth with them

AT&TAT&T Prepaid Service

I have a prepaid phone and forgot to add minutes on my phone due to a medical emergency and lost a balance of over $200 on my prepaid phone. Called customer service and they only could give me a $50 credit. How ridiculous that a customer with over 20 years service with AT&T could not replace the entire balance to my prepaid account. I can not afford to lose this balance because I need this money on my phone to look for employment and medical needs. No type of loyalty whatsoever. It took a long time to get my balance and I always added money to my plan. So much for being customer friendly. The customer service rep was nice but it is frustrating that AT&T would do this to a long time customer. All of this happened on April Fool's Day, guess I was the fool for thinking that AT&T would appreciate my service with them, guess not.

AT&TDirectv

Someone is using my address of 25 years to try & open new service! I called customer service & talked to 4 different people for over 42 minutes attempting to get this resolved. My address is clearly marked with a reflective address sign because I am a stage 4cancer survivor and my home needs to be easily identified for ambulance service if needed !!

Atlantic Telegraph And Telephone (AT&T)Wifi modems

AT&T consistently replaces our modems and charges us for them, they become disfunctional after awhile and have to be replaced at least once a year, twice sometimes. I found out why this happens, it is because they do not place surge protectors on the broadband cable coming in from the power lines and do not place surge protectors on the power supply. I noticed that the modem starts to have problems after electrical storms in our area which can be bad here in Kentucky. I assume by now they know this to be the case in our area but do not tell us about it. I suppose also they know that this is a good means for selling us a new modem year to year.

AT&TRefund

Canceled phone and TV service. Have a refund of $102.14. ATT sent a debit card with refund. I don not want a debit card that is going to charge me $3.00 a month for not using it. I do not want to activate a debit card I will not use!
            On the paperwork it states to request a paper check go online to get your funds via paper check. Where online? I called ATT 3 times. The first time I was transferred and got hung up on after explaining what I called about. I called back and the Rep stated I had no refund coming to me. I ask for a supervisor and was on hold for over 30minutes. I finally hung up. ATT is the worst customer service ever. At least with Verizon you can go right to the top with a complaint and it is handled! Will never go back to ATT or DirecTV.

ATT, DirectvCold call, spoofed number

recieved a cold call from a spoofed number this morning at my home landline [protected]). Want to be removed from your call list permanently

The spoofed number was [protected] and Caller ID's itself as "Hospice Of Chat".

The woman on the far end had a ununderstandable accent and the only words I could make out were "ATT" and "directv".

Not very good image from a "Phone" company.

• Mi
                  MidnightRain38 Apr 12, 2021

well sometimes a spoofed number can be a scam to pretending to be them..i'm not making excuses for them but it does happen

ATTpromotional plan

My name Is Jody Schoff, 333 Eddy St. Michigan City, IN 46360

I traded in 3 phones last year 1 then a few months later 2 more for the upgrades. The promo called for $300.00 bill credit at $10.00 per month for 30 months per line. I did everything I was told to do by returning my old phones. I was given a case ID number of CM20201002 [protected]. I have never received any of the promotional agreement. I found out that the case had been closed out with resolving it.
                The phone numbers I am concerned about are [protected], [protected] and [protected].
                I returned these phones following the instructions given. I should be getting $10.00 per line for 30 months for at total of 3 lines . This should be $30.00 per month for 30 months total. I keep getting the run around or cut off, or some excuse why it wasn't paid.

AT&TAT&T billing is trying to screw me for 6 months - So Im suing them

In Sept 2020, I called in to make a payment for my bill and update my address since I recently moved.

The representative who assisted me said since I've been a loyal customer for 5 years I qualified to get "3 NEW SAMSUNG A19's for FREE". I told her I didn't need any new phones and she kept trying to give me the phones. She said all the phones are FREE and all I had to do was pay a shipping fee - it was around $35 for all 3 phones. Again she said they were FREE and I could have them in case one of my phones needed to be replaced. She also stated if I didn't like them, I could send them back. Again out of skepticism when it comes to corporate marketing strategies- I asked her whats the catch and she said there isnt any except the shipping fee. Otherwise the phones are FREE and mine to keep for being a LOYAL customer. Sadly, I fell for it.

Well we received the phones and activated one because a week before my wife broke her phone. So instead of paying $200 for our insurance to get a replacement we figured we'll try the new phone. It was not to her or my liking so we returned ALL 3 FREE phones.

We returned the phones before the 14 days they give us without penalty - even though theoretically we shouldnt have gotten a penalty because they were FREE - right? Well no, that is the opposite that has happened.

Back in October I received a bill for 3 NEW lines and the 3 PHONES we returned! I was livid, 1) for the rep lying to me and adding 3 NEW lines I never requested nor needed and 2) for being charged for phones that I was told were FREE and we returned them. So every 2 wks after that ( I am serious- every 2 weeks till today) I had to call ATT to 1) pay my monthly bill and ARGUE with them that they were sent the phones and that I didnt agree to a new contract with 3 new lines. So they took it off pending review of my case and "waiting for the phones to arrive".

Two weeks later I get a text stating I owe $2200! They were charging me for the 3 phones and 3 lines. On that call I got them to remove the lines, but continued with the problem of the returned phones they say they havent received - this went on for another month. Again 2 weeks later- the same routine. I would pay my regular cell charges and argue with them about 3 FREE phones I am being charged and did not have.

In Dec, I am back at again with them - every 2 weeks. I make a payment every month and in between, every 2 weeks I am back on the phone trying to get the extra charges for the 3 FREE phones removed. This time they started canceling my service for non-payment! I believe during that month, it was when I was told by a rep to hold my payment for about 8 days to see if they received the phones to make the adjustments to my account. I argued, thats not my problem because I dont have the 3 FREE phones! Well I was credited $600 because the system doesnt allow more. Again 2 weeks my bill was supposed to be reduced until the balance (credit) of the returned 3 FREE phones was completed. At that time they admitted to having received the phones at their warehouse in early November but cant be totally credited until it was in there system? That made no sense - right.

The new statement came and the credit was reversed and it happens EVERYTIME a representative gave me the credit! Seems that AT&T has a back stop whereas the COMPUTER over rides what the representatives are crediting customers.

Fast forward to today Mar 23, 2021-my service has been disconnected since yesterday because AT&T is saying that they've given me enough credits and that I have to pay for late and re-connection fees! So far, they have only reversed - not credited because I dont owe them squat for 3 FREE phones they admit to receiving nor am I paying the fees because it was theyre lying representative that got me into this mess. BTW that representative was let go back in November - seems I am not the only one that AT&T has and continues to screw! Ive asked them to pull the original recording of the FREE phone set-up and said they cant because that's a different department. Convenient isnt it?

So after speaking with several managers and wasting at least 2 hrs every two weeks to correct what theyre employee did - I have tried my best to resolve this amicably.

Today, I made the representative say out loud he was recording me and I recapped the fiasco that At&T is involved with cheating their customers into contracts and payments they are not entitled to receive by strong arming us.

Well, they chose the wrong client. On the recording I told the rep to forward the recording to his manager for action. I again agreed to pay what I normally pay for my monthly service he refused today, a manager refused yesterday and another rep as well because the system would not allow them.

I will be suing At&T in small claims court for - 1) False advertising 2) Predatory Marketing 3) Mental duress 4) my lawyers fees if needed.

If AT&T has screwed you - sue them!

AT&T billing is trying to screw me for 6 months - So Im suing them

AT&Twireless

1. I transfer my cell to another courier on 1/17/21
                    2. Got a bill for $143 on 2/26/21
                    3. Call ATT on 2/26 about my bill was told there was a problem with getting my phone transfer over successfully. They said there is a glitch and they were working on it.
                    4. Received another bill for $120
                    5. Call ATT on 3/19/21 was on the phone for 1 1/2 hrs and transfer 5 times.
                    6. 3/20/21 Received a call from the port department stating they has successfully transfer my phone over. Asked for the billing department to see what can be done with my bills. Which I should not never received due to it was an ATT problem. Got transfer 4 times and then they rung up on me.
                    7. I was finally able to print out my bill which I couldn't before. I see ATT still has my son's phone on the bill which he transfer over to other courier in November 2020.
                    What horrible service. As far as I am concern ATT owns me $264. I was already getting service from the other courier as of 1/17 and paying for it. Just because ATT say there was a glitch in their system doesn't mean I should have to pay for it.

AT&TAT&T Mobility and Internet

Hello,
                      We were given a quote for a package for internet, VOIP, Direct TV and cell phone from wireless agent George (from West Palm Beach FL). The attached Gmail was supposedly from the Supervising Manager, John McDonald to confirm the monthly charges for the account. But on inspection t was not from an official an AT&T email address
                      I got several red flags that this service was not going to be as discussed when I opened the email requesting authorization (attached). The quoted amounts are very different than quoted by the agent George.
                      Happy to business if can get total quoted by George, not happy with misleading quote as this is not ethical.

AT&Tfull cost disclosure

I went in to the AT&T store to change service from Straight Talk and purchase a new iPhone. I chose the plan costing $75/month. I had to get a new number because, according to AT&T policy, I can't open a new account with the same company (Straight Talk being AT&T) and keep the same number. Why not? So I have had to notify dozens of people and companies of the number change (and I have to get new business cards and brochures). When I returned home and looked up the bill, I was in total shock. Without the payment for the phone, the monthly bill will be $133! If I had kept Straight Talk and bought a new phone, I would have spend $400 less the first year. If I had known all of the cost upfront, I would not have changed my service provider.

ATTReturn policy

Back in September I ordered a red iPhone 11 phone from Att&t.
                          We got the phone on a Friday before Labor Day and after several attempts the phone wasn't getting service. The phone being a birthday gift for my daughter and after not getting service she also said it was kind of small and would prefer a bigger phone.
                          I went into a store to exchange or send back and they would not help me. Just so you know the phone is in perfect condition and just wouldn't get service and not big enough for what she wanted. That being said we called customer service and they said mail it back and we would get refund. I have been dealing with this since September. I've never received a refund. I'm still paying on a phone we don't have. My daughter still hasn't been able to get a new phone because it shows we are still in a payment with the phone I returned. I'm so tired of dealing with this over and over again. I want my refund! I want to stop paying for a phone I don't have! After 20 some years with AT&T I would of thought I would have been treated better! I'm very very disappointed with months of dealing with this problem! I did everything right and this is absolutely disappointing how I've been promised it will be taken care of and never is!

AT&TNew Contract I-11 Need to return the phone. .And end new contract

I was un able to return an I 11 apple phone during my 14 day grace period
                            The phone lock was set automatically and I could even use the phone not even once...I bought it at your Tyvola Rd. location here in Charlotte N.C.
                            on 2-9-2021...and was told that there was a $55.00 restocking fee...This a is a 648.00 phone and, I was set for 30 months ...All would have went well if if the phone hadn't locked up on me...The agent at the store said go to best buy...the agent on the phone was confused and directed me back to the store...What a dilemma just want out of the contract and to return the phone.

I also have several recordings in the store dealing with the event.

Help
                            Armand Edwards
                            Phone number is
                            [protected]

AT&TBilling

I have noticed when the bill from AT&T is received it will have an Issue Date of Like 2/16/2021. This bill I did not receive until 3/2/2021. The due date on the bill is 3/9/2021. Due to procedure for check writing for the facility I work in I cannot get a new check in the mail until 3/8/2021.
                              We are a small church. The voucher is prepared on the date the bill is received. The vouchers are then signed the following Monday by the Financial Secretary. The secretary then prepares the checks on the Wednesday after then the checks are signed by the treasurer on Thursday so they can be mailed on Thursday.
                              If the bill is received within 5 days of the issue date there would be no problem.
                              I have called an indicated the problem and been told the problem will be fixed and it is not as you can see.

Mar 02, 2021

AT&T — Service at the store

Hi, I have recently switched to AT&T and had to go to the AT&T corporate store at 8031 Concord Mill...

AT&TService

On February 27, 2021 one of your reps change my plan to a plan that does not support my phone and I could not send any multi media messages. After numerous phone calls and talking to over 6 people and waiting on hold for over 3 hours total time even getting disconnected once am still on the phone cause no one has the ability to switch my plan back to where it was. This is the reason you will be losing me as a long time customer because of the non English speaking, incompetent people you have employed in your company. It is a shame the way I have been treated tonight and you should all be a shame of your self, your customer service suck, your people suck, your phone line and waiting sucks. Tomorrow I start looking for a new cell phone company and can only hope att goes to hell

Feb 25, 2021

AT&T — The recent experience with updating my account to firstnet at a local at&t store

I have been a customer of at&t since 2002 and recently moved to the salt lake city valley. Recently went...

Feb 25, 2021

AT&T — Landline login and bill payment

AT&T does not recognize my landline phone or account # which I have had for years. I cannot pay my bill on...