Having problems with Popeyes?

Popeyes reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 9, 2007. The latest review Food service was posted on Sep 22, 2021. The latest complaint i'm complaining about the area manager. was resolved on Jul 11, 2018. Popeyes has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 603 reviews. Popeyes has resolved 46 complaints.

Popeyes Customer Service Contacts

400 Perimeter Center Terrace NE Suite 1000
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Popeyes Customer Service. Initial Popeyes complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Popeyes above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Popeyes. Discuss the issues you have had with Popeyes and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Popeyes Complaints & Reviews, Page 29

Popeyes Chicken — employee

I have been to popeyes on Thinderbird and 83rd ave several times to see illegal activity going on with...

Popeye's Chickenawful customer service

We visited Popeye's in the Providence Place Mall--Providence, RI on Th. 12/17/09 at 4:45. The girl at the counter was far removed from greeting customers in a friendly manner. She was in a slouched position, looking sideways--no greeting whatsoever. After being greeted in this manner, I said, "Are You Here?" She barely responded to me--took our order in rote fashion--didn't set it up for takeout as requested-- in addition the second side was missing. In general, the experience was miserable. With all of the people out of work these days, it would be good to have better representation of Popeye's and the services available to your customers. We are not frequent fast food buyers, but customer service elsewhere is far superior.

Jamil Rhodes Apr 09, 2010

I purchased a 3peice breast and 2 large Redbeans no rice my total was around 16.00 dollars for my food when I got home my food was old and cold I called and asked the manager for a replacement meal the person I talked to told me he was a manager but after hearing my complaint he said he was not a manager and there was not one avalible so for almost a week I finally spoke with a manager named Shawn she apologized promising to replace my 3 breast and sides when I went there she didnt do what she said instead gave me a wing, thigh, and drumstick without replacing the sides her response was
      there wasn't anything wrong with your sides sir because I had no receipt but remember its been a week later and she already said no problem she'd replace the whole order still leaving my unsatisfied

Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits — cold & bad food

Goodevening, My name is Steve wise, today, December 16th 2017, my wife & i order food from the Popeyes in...

Popeyes Chickenpathetic service at drive through window

I visited popeyes chicken at 350 hwy @ raytown road on today and I sat at the menu in the drive through after being acknowledged and told she'd be with me in a moment. Ten minutes later i'm still waiting for someone to take my order. The drive through is horrible at this location as once you've entered and reached the speaker to place your order you cannot get out of the line until you've driven completely around the building past the window to pay. I drove on through with the intent of just leaving without placing an order as at this point I no longer wanted to patronize the restaurant. I drove around to find another customer at the window with what appeared to be a complaint as well. I sat behind that vehicle for exactly 23 minutes before the car pulled off but it didn't leave the establishment it just pulled out far enough that I could get out. I stopped at the window to voice my complaint with the fact that I sat in that line for a total of 33 min not to have ever been afforded the opportunity to even place an order nor could I leave. I believe that any customer at that window should be asked to pull up or come inside if they are unable to resolve a dispute in a reasonable timeframe. 33 min in a fast food drive through window is utterly ridiculous and I plan not to go back again, especially since my last visit about a week ago was not good either. I ordered a wing combo and the menu stated it's price as $5.99 but I was charged nearly $8 as the gentlemen working the window disagreed with me telling him the price of that meal. He finally spoke with a manager who clarified that indeed the price on the menu was correct and instead of refunding me the price difference they offered me a larger drink. I just want someone to look into how this store is being operated as popeyes is losing business at this location due to the mis-management of the restaurant.

Popeyes Chickenbad service

after working a 6 day week and not getting home untill 6:30 on saturday from work i decided to order popeyes chicken for dinner, for my family. I ordered the food and after an hour called to see where it was. They said the delivery guy left 15 minutes ago, i only live 5 minutes away. so after another 20 minutes the food arrived... when i checked the food it was cold as ice, and they forgot to give me my shrimp that i ordered... When i called them the girl said that she packed the shrimp herself and to check again... that pissed me off even more because i already checked and a box of shrimp could not just disapper, any ways i told her my food was cold and she said that the delivery guys do not speak english and they had alot of complaints, she said the shrimp was on the way, another hour passed no shrimp, i phoned she said that there was a miss comunication and she thought i did not want it and they were gonna give me a free one next time i ordered ... now how is it free when i paid for it and still never got it.. well i wanted to speak to the manager, she said he would be in tomorrow i said okay missed him on sunday because he was attending a popeyes chicken meeting... i guess they really thought i was stupid bottom line there giving me 8 peices of chicken and free shrimp... i never want to order from them again... and by the way how is it free shrimp when i paid for it and still did not get it ..., ...

• Md
          mdntrbaa Sep 28, 2011

popeyes has the worst service ever, i expect to expect the same specials from any of the popeyes, then im told im not cuz they are ind. owned, thats not my concern, i want what the other popeyes is offering. then the 8.00 an hour worker blocks me from calling the store, sorry, im taking this all the way too the top

Popeyes Chickenth chicken

Isent my daughter to get me a three piece, dark meat meal with a red beans and rice side, I also asked her to make sure they were all thighs. She did as I asked but what she brought back was not three thighs, wht she brought back instead was three pieces of thighs that had been cut in half and sold as full pieces of chicken, THATS CALLED STEALING, I want my money back and please believe that the next complaint letter I write will be to the BBB. If you guys can't afford to be in business without stealing from your customer, you should close up shop. Stealing from your customer is never the answer, perhaps you guys should try installing some good business practices into your corporation and training your staff on how to make ends meet. Stealing from your customers will only result in loss of business and possibly a class action suit. I am a restaurant owner in Southfield Mi., and more than that, I am a decent human being with the common sense to know that the people who pay my bills, (the customers), are not stupid, they know what food is supposed to look like, and I also know that anybody dissatisfied with my product can and will spread the word quickly.Popeyes have been around for a long time, maybe you think you can do anything you want to your customers and they will continue to patronize you. Well I am one of those people who want exactly what I paid for and I am not just a stupid, blind consumer who will except anything. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Please know that I will never shop at another Popeyes again, I will complain until I get satisfaction, I will let everyone I know about what the Popeyes Corporation is allowing to happen, and I will inform the Better Business Bureau of your activities. If you would like to respond to this letter, my name is Renitta Wicker and my email is [protected]@yahoo.com.

Popeyes Chickenservice

Went up the counter to order, the girl behind the counter does not say Hi, just looks at me and does not say a word... After a minute or two of just looking at each other I ask about the combos and she just points to the menu and does the same after I ask what side orders they offer. I ask for two sides then she tells me it only comes with one. Gives me my total and that was it, not a thank you or enjoy your meal. I paid almost 9 dollars for 2 little wings and a breast and a side, what a rip off. I was amazed to see that this young lady with no guest service skills was a manager in training, WOW! Won't be long before they close the doors on this one.

• Va
              vascuk Jan 04, 2014

My husband & I just went to Popeyes and the cashier was very unprofessional, without a personality at all. We waited 20 minutes for our food and the place was not even busy. It was the dirtest place I have ever been to and the chicken was old and they did not have any coleslaw. I don't understand what's happening in the food industry but find this a lot in the fastfood business where the workers are very unprofessional and lazy! I wish I knew how to offically complain and actually see a difference and postitve changes in how this Popeyes is run. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to hire people with respect for the customers and to keep a place clean!

Christiansaved32 Sep 21, 2010

This complaint is about not receiving customer satisfaction or a receipt with purchase. The incident happened at store #192 in Atlanta Ga. I understand employees not being happy while at work however, people need to remain courteous and professional while in uniform in front of customers. This incident took place on September 10, 2010 around 10 am. I decided to place my order at the drive thru window. I placed my order and the sales associate failed to give me a receipt. I noticed and gave her a second chance to reply. She replies with attitude and an strong neck roll of anger stating that store 192 has not been passing out receipts for the past week because all of the machines have been broken. I decided to ask for her name and store number . I even pulled over and parked so she could give me her name. As an valued customer I believe in Total Customer Satisfaction. Popeye's Restaurant is a huge franchise that makes enough profit to keep each store running properly and effectively. I also believe management should really start paying attention to their inventory, cash flow, and profit sales. I have field a complaint by calling the 1800 number however I have not received closure, apology, gift card nothing!

This is for F.Y.I Purposes,

not satisfied customer

• Mk
              M Kovac Sep 03, 2009

Ordered 8 piece dinner. Side was large mashed potatoes and gravy. When order arrives we don't have any utensils given to us. Had to go back and ask for them. Also not given a container to put our mashed potatoes on to eat. Went back again and we were given small boxes to eat from. Totally unacceptable. Went back again and insisted on individual serving cups. Derek who waited on us needs to be taught how to deliver your product, and the utensils that go with it. Extremely disappointed with Popeyes'

Popeye's Chickenfraud

April 22nd 2009 Popeye's advertised 8pc chicken for $4.99. I went there after work and as expected everyone and their mother were there to take advantage of this offer. There was a Popeye employee outside taking names of customers who were unable to receive their orders because they had run out. We were told by the young lady taking our names that we have to redeem our orders within one week. We were asked if we wanted one or two boxes. I said two. I called Popeyes on Sunday 04/26/2009 to verify they would honor their raincheck. I planned on using it today since I had invited company over and had planned to supply company with 16 pcs of Popeyes chicken. I was told by the mgr that corporate office has to program their computers or registers so that they will ring up orders at the $4.99 price and that we can only redeem the orders on Tuesday. This is a lot of baloney. Anyone with a bit of common sense would have expected a turn-out like they had when you offer a deal that they advertised and should have had a contingency plan prepared knowing that possibly these stores may run out of product. Popeys as far as I'm concerned used false advertising, they did not honor their rainchecks as I was told by one of their own employees that we would have to redeem our chicken within one week. I wish they would honor their rain check per the info given by their employee. Not everyone is available to run down to their store this Tuesday.

Popeye's Chickenscam alert

I visited your store at 2710 lee blvd on june 8 2009 at 5:23 pm in le high acres florida. I drove a half of an hour to get chicken for my families dinner because of the wonderful chicken you make. But was very upset to find there was no chicken to buy until late that night after 10:00 pm when the truck came in. The kids working were very sorry but what kind of mangement does not have chicken at dinner time to sell? I live in toledo ohio and was visiting my daughter and family and rave about your chicken. I just think thats poor mangement for a chicken place to be out of chicken at dinner time when there the most busy, don't you? What a incovenience for me!!

• Wp
                  Wpayton5599 Mar 22, 2011

My God!! You drove a half hour just to get Popeye's chicken?? Wasn't there an old tire nearby that your family could share? J/K...That is bad that they didn't have any chicken...They can't really call themselves Popeye's Chicken now can they!

Popeye's Fried Chicken — employees with attitude

I went get dinners for my employees today 8/5/09 I had ordered a 8 pc meal with an order of fries. Well when...

Popeyes Chickenpoor service/wrong order

I passed two other chicken establishments to go to Popeyes because I wanted spicy chicken. I went through the drive-thru and had to tell the person three times what I wanted to order. When I got to the window, I had to tell her again twice what my order was. She then said they were out of spicy and did I want to wait. I said I would wait, so I paid and she said pull around front and they would bring it out. They brought out my food and I took it home without checking the order. Needless to say, they had my husbands order wrong. This particular restaurant has bad service which is why we very seldom go there, and after today, I probably won't go back. Are two simple dinner orders that hard to understand? And where do you find such stupid employees?

• Ly
                    Lynn Howard Jun 03, 2016

Went to Popeyes Chicken yesterday order sweet tea and the sweet tea had a awful smell. I want my money back. The expire date had 0613.

• Hh
                    Hharryoo Jun 03, 2016

Went to drive up order a 3 piece dinner with red beans I did not get the beans could not go back at that time when I call they said that my name will be put in a book so I will have a problem 3 days later I went to get the beans my name was not in the books I have to wait 30 min they make feel like I was trying to steal a side of beans I just wanted what I paid for I left I do not play does type of games I never got what I paid for I did not wanted chicken and biscuit or beans 3 days later I wanted a 3 piece dinner with red beans at the same not 3 days apart.

• Un
                    Unhappy Musline Customer Aug 04, 2009

I am a muslim and eat halal meat. However, I whole heartedly agree that some of the Popeyes chicken outlets have the worst customer service one can imagine.

Since these are franchise outlets and the outlets are run by the owner and mostly by the family members of the owner, the team does not have any regards for cusomer service. Bad mouth, poor attitude, slow service and wrong orders are normal.

I had a personal experience with the popeye outlet on Matheson near Heartland Town center in Mississauga. I ordered chicken and the girl on the register continued to enter wrong order and i had to repeatedly correct her. She got annoyed and retaliated by stating that she knows what she is doing and does not need advise. The order was entered and took what i ordered home to find that biscuits and fries were missing. I went back to the store and spoke to the supervisor on duty who dumped the two items on the counter and commented "When people want more they come back with complaints". The same girl on the register also started shouting. The complaint was filed with the head office, who responded that since these are franchise outlets there is not much they can do.

Popeyes Chicken And Biscuits — wrong order

My name is carla moye. I have a complaint from friday, june 19, 2009 when my mother and I stopped by popeye...

Popeyes Chickens — very disgusted

I visited your new location on a friday night about 900pm. The restaurant was a mess and when I asked for...

Brantford

Popeye's Restaurantterrible place

I have been to this Popeye's location a few times, but lately the service has gotten worst and worst. During the Holidays, my husband and I went through the drive-thru and placed a large order. When we got to the window it was a young african american male asking us to just give him a certain amount of money and we could get the food. Meaning that he was giving us our order for a lower price which was about $20 dollars less. We thought that he had lost his mind and we paid our normal price. After this, we have been to the inside dinning area to eat-in and both times we have had to wait for about 30 min. for our food and we kept seeing other people getting their orders. We did not say anything until last night. We were a total of 11 people, 4 adults and 7 children. We went to this same Popeye's simply because is the closest to my house that is open late and we arrived at around 8:15pm to this place. We placed 2 separate orders which mine had the 16 piece meal with sides and some other things. When we arrived, the trays of chicken were full. The young lady who took my order continued to take other orders and I stood by the counter for about 10min, then I sat down and my husband stood there. I realized that since we had placed our order not one item was put on a tray to start our order, but I saw other people getting their orders and leaving. Lastly, after a good 30 min. my husband calls me to the counter and tells me that the young lady told him that there was no more chicken and what was on the trays was all there was...

I got so mad at the fact that we waited for so long and these people saw us the whole time waiting for our food and not one time told us about this situation and mind you that the trays of chicken were full when we got there and all the people that were getting their food before us that had left already. I feel discriminated big time because even the girl that served us had a smirk on her face the whole time as if this was so funny and not one time I heard an apology or any concerns. Something needs to be done about this!!!

• Lc
                      lcbranch711 Aug 23, 2011

Terrible place is not the word, if you wants to be disrespect and get treated like dirt, work for Popeye's Restaurant, Popeye's managers treats their shift manager and crew members like a piece of crap, I would not advice any one to work with Popeye's Restaurant if they want their dignity.

• Ca
                      carol wooten Apr 16, 2011

I recently went to popeyes drive-thru used my debtit card and got charged twice! I just happened to check my bank account and caught it. when I call the restraunt, they denied it! No "I sorry" nothing! That is the last time for Popeyes. I dont want to check my bank everytime I go there.

Popeyes Fried Chicken — false advertisement

I went yesterday to avail for thier promo.. 8pcs chicken for $4.99.In the drive thru theres a note that the...

Popeye's Chickenrudeness to customers

An advertisement was presented on local as well as national TV stations announcing a special of 8 pieces of mixed chicken for $4.99 in honor of administrative professionals day on 04/22/2009.

Upon my "attempted" patronage to the Rayville, LA Popeye's to participate in this wonderful deal, I was met with rudeness and curtness the likeness I have never experienced before. This particular franchise chose not to honor this deal - which I can respect however; upon my asking why, I was met with hostility and rudeness by a couple of the staff that frankly baffled me. A simple courteous answer explaining that the owners have the option of honoring any specials or not the franchise may offer would have be sufficient and I would have been satisfied and ordered my chicken at the regular price. However, it was not presented as such and confirms with me that good customer service is something of the past.

Based on the treatment I received, I choose not to patronage this particular Popeye's ever again and will seriously think about going to other Popeye's in the future. A business of this nature should recognize that repeat customer satisfaction is a necessity if they expect to continue to be in business.

Popeyes:#7037terrible service

Tonight I waited in line for 15min. Then proceeded to drive up after no response and then was told my order couldnt be made until chicken was cooked, which brought my wait too approx. 25min. All the while the manager at the oldmilton. Alpharetta. Ga. Location named:kizmer, cursed me out shouting mf, and god damn. Calling me stupid because I need a seperate order. This was shocking and very very upsetting to me. I wont stop my complaint until im satisfied. I was unable too eat dinner and was rudely treated. I eat popeyes every week and have put up with slow service always but ive never complained. This was absolutely the straw. Something must be done immediately.

Popeyesterrible service

I stopped at the drive thru after work at 8:10pm and there was a very long line waiting. The line barely moved for 20 min. At least 4 cars left the line, probably tired of waiting. When I finally got up to the speaker to order, I ordered two 3pc dinners. The girl who waited on me was not very friendly and told me there were no biscuits. I asked her if they were substituting anything and she rudely said "no". I decided to order anyway. For the sides I asked for cajun fries, they were out of them also! I finished my order and continued to wait at least another 15 min! So after a 13 hr day at work, and wanting a popeyes chicken dinner, waiting at least a half hour in the drive thru line, no biscuits or cajun fries, I gave up and left the line. I decided to go to wendy's instead - I pulled in line, ordered, and had my food in about a 5 min waiting period! The staff even smiled and said "have a good night!!" that's how a fast food drive thru is supposed to be...
                        The restaurant is open until 11:00pm, at 8:00pm, they should not be out of biscuits and cajun fries! And a friday night no less! I will make sure I don't stop at this particular popeyes again, and will tell my friends about this so they won't end up going thru the same thing.

• Ga
                            gatortracks Jun 04, 2012

What is a chicken stripe? Is that a cross between a chicken and a zebra? Or would that be a zhicken stripe?

• Al
                            AlexLawton Jun 04, 2012

My boyfriend & I enjoy going to popeye's for a quick bite to eat but the past few times my order has been completely wrong (I was given popcorn shrimp when I simply ordered chicken stripes). also this past saturday we went in for a bite to eat before I had to go to work & it took 25min to get our food & we were the only ones in the restaurant. when we finally got our food it was cold. I am not very happy at all about how they took so long & the customer service was terrible.

• Lc
                            lcbranch711 Aug 23, 2011

Popeyes General managers treat their crew members like crap with no respect or diginity, never go there for a job if you value your respect and dignity.

• Sh
                            Sharon Wrench Nov 12, 2010

I agree with all of your comments. Apparently, Popeyes is not concerned about losing customers and this must be a nation wide problem. We took our lunch hour today to go to popeyes and the place was dirty and the workers were rude. When we called the 'complaint' line, the girl taking the complaint was as rude as the workers at Popeyes. We will not go back and so far today, we have advised others not to go there. With the economy the way it is, it seems as though the owner or manager would want to see his business prosper, not fail due to poor customer service and a filthy environment. Monticello, AR

• Mp
                            mpereira Dec 27, 2009

On December 27, 2017 I visited the Popeyes restaurant (drivethru) in Riverdale Georgia Highway 85. First, the service at the drive thru was poor because of the quality of the intercom so I had to repeat my order to a very rude staff member at the other end. Her attitude was one of someone wasting her time. When I finally got to the window to pay and was handed my drinks the lady handing me my drinks said to me, " I know you not snatching from me!" I expressed that it was very rude and unprofessional of her to say such a thing to a paying customer even though it is some what difficult at time to maneuver oneself at a drive thru when the windo is so far away. When I asked for a manager and told her the incident she was unresponsive and did not take care of the situation all she said was, "ok, well you have a nice day anyway". They are the rudest unprofessional people I have ever encountered and will never go back there again. I will tell all of my friends about my experience.

• Wi
                            window2clean Nov 01, 2009

I stop at popeyes at darien ill at 75 th and cass ave on octb 25 th order a 3 piece dinner got a 2 piece dinner call bachatk when i got home the order was wrong they said i order a 2 piece dinner but they charge over 8 dollars for a 2 piece dinner nthey wouldn t explain it why they charge that i sent a e mail to there company no responds i never go to any of there stores ever plus everyone i know will know the way times are now you shouldn t be doing that if your abusiness plus there chicken not that great

• Qu
                            quebebran Jul 18, 2009

I went to Popeye's to get a 5 piece strip combo and was told that the strips wouldn't be defrosted until later that night or the next morning. So, a chicken restaurant doesn't even have chicken defrosted? I walked out and went elsewhere.

• Ad
                            adriia richardson Jun 12, 2009

I agree about alot of what is being said. I live approx. 25 miles from the nearest Popeyes and the last 2 times I have been there the customer service was sorry. The orders were wrong each time and the last time I had chicken my friend brought it to me and she had to go back twice and they still had it wrong. I was not the only customer that was not satified that day and they let it be known. the drive thru was backed up and inside was crowded too. If you order spicey that was not what you received and it got upsetting to have to complain each time. I live in Temple. TX near Killeen/Fort Hood TX and it may not be a long ride, but driving using gas is enough in it's self so we should be satified. Please give us some kind of response to this problem

• Me
                            mea Jun 07, 2009

I agree, I went through the drive-thru and even before I got to order I was asked to wait for a few minutes even though there was no one ahead of me. I put that aside because I have worked in hospitality and I know that sometimes things come up. I ordered a 12 piece family chicken with the 6 biscuits and 2 sides (Mashed potatoes and Cajun fries). After an extremely long wait and repeating my order about 3 times to the suspiciously stoned looking employee, I received my order and just headed out. Half way home, I saw something that I didn't think belonged in my order, and it ended up being Cajun rice. Turns out, I got no biscuits and no mashed potatoes. So I say Popeyes pretty much sucks and not only was I very disappointed, but my family was as well. Also, I went on their company website to complain, and even that service sucks because it leads you to some other website that does not help at all.

Popeyes Chicken — quality control

I ordered two of the chicken liver lunch combos at the drive thru on 2/1/09 at 12:06. I was ask what drink I...

Popeyesbad service

Purchased chicken at your Blue Island Il. store.

I got a 14 piece meal. The part by the tail was cut

off and counted as a piece. I thouht is was 2wings

2 breast 2 drumsticks & 2 thighs. 8 parts

Not 10. I got 4 of the smaller parts counted.

The company is not giving the total piece count you should get . Purchased date was 1/11/09. In this

day and time we all need as much for our dollar as we came get. The best value for our money. Thank

you Popeyes also my hungary fanily thanks you.