Having problems with Mediacom?

Mediacom reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 23, 2007. The latest review Service was posted on Aug 3, 2021. The latest complaint Cable tv and internet services was resolved on Oct 26, 2017. Mediacom has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 88 reviews. Mediacom has resolved 60 complaints.

Mediacom Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 274 6753 (Customer Service)
+1 800 479 2082 (Customer Service)
+1 888 847 6228 (Closed Captioning)
1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, New York
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mediacom Customer Service. Initial Mediacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mediacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mediacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Mediacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mediacom Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

MediacomAbuse and lies

Recently had a very bad experience to the point of cancellation. MediacomChad on this site has only made things worse.

The company advertises free HD, no mention of Credit check by sales. I order HD. (Only after I played phone tag with sales. Internet Sales goes straight to a voice mail box, and even though they tell you leave a call back time, they don't listen to them)

Tech comes into house and bullies my wife and refuses to do a complete install. - Including HD and placing a compression fitting on the end of there line for me to move the modem to after they leave.

When I arrive home Tech is still at my house and shoves ( I have bruises)me off my wet / Icy steps. Refused to contact supervisor until I threatened to file assault charges.

Mediacom refuses to give an honest / sincere response, and provides no means of escalation. I was already advised by a supervisor that nothing was going to get done, and yet "Chad" and his team keep telling me that the Supervisor is dealing with it.

• Bh
      bhm Dec 02, 2010

I'm not sure I understand what resolution you want? Do you want the employee fired? Or is it the service you are unhappy with? What is your expectation to resolve this issue - just someone to hear your issues?

MediacomLies and poor customer service

Another unhappy MediaCom customer.

Called last week to set up to add Cable to my prexisting internet service. The date was set for Nov 23 between 8 and noon. I wait till 12:30 and nothing. So when I call to inquire about where the tech is I was told they "Called 3 times" After informing them I had 0 missed calls and no messages I am told they don't leave messages. She puts me on hold and I get disconnected.

After I call back I'm told he called 3 times and left 3 messages ... Strange given I was just told they don't leave messages. I am then told that they will have to reschedule (this is at 1;30) ... I see no reason why the tech who alleges he came to my home can't come back at the end of the day and solve this problem.

I Get disconnected 3 times during 2 hours of being placed on hold, transfered, and told Im a liar. What have I to lie about? I'm a paying customer of 1 year who'm waited a week to get cable service and took the morning off work so that I could be home during the window they requested I be home.

At 4:15 I call and get ahold of someone in CS who says she'll call Illinois (Chilicothi I think she said) which is allegedly where the dispatch center is located and try to get me answers. She insures me she will call me back in 10 mins. I think thats unreasonable and didn't expect her to so I wait and wait and wait and of course nothing

Finally at 4:45 I call back and this time the CS rep has a new fiction tale for me and I am told that he left a Service tag on my door the first time he was at my house... Oh yet another Lie. I then ask my elderly neighbor who sits in front of her window all day if she saw a truck outside. Of course not. I guess they come, call, leave a tag, leave and keep calling? Nonsense. My 4 year old can tell a better lie than these people

And with that 15 mins before the close of business I am told I must wait until AFTER thanksgiving ... A FULL WEEK to get cable.

Of course I have no options except to spread the word to the public and I plan to file a complaint with the BBB

RESOLVED

• Mediacom's response · Nov 29, 2010

I want to apologize for the experience you have had. Mediacom strives to never let a customer endure treatment like you have described and I will do everything possible to make sure this doesn't happen again. I would also love to look at the account so we can find a way to compensate you for the hassles and to do whatever it takes to regain your trust in us as a company.
        Please email us at [email protected]
        My sincere apologies,
        Chris

• Vi
        Vic Nielsen Jun 14, 2011

Comments: I would like to have a e-mail address to send to someone there to show them picture's of the fine install your tech's did here years ago. And I had a Tech here last Friday showed him and he just drove off, didnt even repair it just laughed and shoud his shoulders, shook his head. I found damage from outside moisture in our lower part of our basement and couldnt understand why my feet was always cold in the winter. When I replaced my compute desk this spring I found two hole's and you could see all the way through the hole and see the outside. I want this cleared up .Now

Response was:Thank you for your recent email to our Customer Service Department. To ensure the privacy and security of your information, we ask for you to please contact our Customer Service Department at [protected] to discuss your account. Please have your social security number ready so we may verify you as the account holder. We appreciate your time and cooperation in our continued effort to protect your information.

If you need further assistance, or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via e-mail and we will be happy to assist you. Please be sure to include your original email for reference. You may also contact us through our Customer Service Department at [protected], open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

Like that really helped my problem and it showed lets pass the buck again, thats Mediacom for ya here are the pictures of there fine work.I had to seal it up myself that is why you see sealant on it now.

Mediacom Internet — Return of equipment

I signed up for Mediacom internet service in 2004. The modem I had never worked right, and after calling...

Mediacom InternetA customer rip off company

I had mediacom cable and internet for almost two years, in order to cut my cable bill I decided to disconnect the cable service and only live with internet service. Mediacom CS rep told me that my price for 12 mbps internet will be 47.95 a month and with the tax it will be around $55.00 and never mentioned any other charges. But when I received my bill there was an EXTRA $15.00 charge for Basic Line charge, I called Mediacom and asked about what this charge is, and I was told that since you canceled your cable service this is the PENALTY you have to pay every month for subscribing only the Internet. The two CS reps I talked to earlier they both LIED to me and never mentioned this charge. I consider it as CHEATING. Please be aware, this is company has a very bad reputation and a lot of unhappy customers.

• Gf
          gforce9 Aug 07, 2010

I am a mediascam mediacom customer I subscribed to 20mbps internet service and I only get at the very best 6mbps, most of the time it is 1.5mbps.
          Come to find out after a service call to residents with tech saying there is nothing he can do, that all the lines and equipment is good.
          So I make another call for service telling I am unhappy with service they want to send another tech I wait two weeks the tech doesnt show. I call them, they say the service call was cancelled because there is no reason to send someone that there is no 20mbps service available to me.
          WTF! So how in the hell can you advertise and then sell it to me if you cannot provide me with the service. What a scam. I paid the extra fee's for the upgrade for 4 months until I found out that I was getting ripped off by these scoundrels. If they knew I couldn't get these speeds in my area then why did they say I could and sell it to me?
          Thief's that is what they are.

• Ro
          roninohio Jun 23, 2010

I also was not told about the fifteen dollar penalty by the rep I talked to.I started out with only wanting high speed 12 meg.I was quoted a good price for a year.I decided to add the phone service as an after thought, I asked the rep if I could cancel my phone with out losing the deal, he said yes.So I decided after a few months to cancel my phone, surprise I now am paying 15 extra on my bill.I really dont know what the deal is, this is not the way to treat a customer.But I guess thats the way of the business world

• Me
          MediacomJoel May 31, 2010

Sid Zid, I apologize you weren't informed about the additional $15 HS Basic line fee when you subscribe to our internet by itself. Please don't feel you were lied to, however there is still no excuse for our agents not explaining that additional fee. In most of our areas the internet package is billed at a flat rate of $62.95, and that's for our 12mbps service ($47.95 for the internet package and $15.00 for the HS Basic fee for having internet only). Mediacom does offer a 3mbps service for 29.95, with the additional line fee brings it up to 44.95, again when you have the internet by itself. I understand you probably have other choices for you internet service, and we do value your business. If there is anything I can do to help you, please send me an email... [email protected] - Thanks! -Joel

Mediacom InternetBad service

Mediacom Internet changed their email this week. Lots of troubles, I couldn't send email for 2 days. Many regular emails never did come in for those 2 days. I went to the local office today, 12-11-09 to complain. Of course they tried to feed me a line of bull. Plus as usual, management hid in their offices leaving the nice women at the payment counter to take any heat from pissed off customers.

I was informed that with the new email, new customers will be limited to 1 email address. They did allow up to 11 email addresses per account. This amounts to a reduction in the value of their service with ever increasing price charged the customer. I also emailed the company, asking to talk to someone at the corporate level. They sent me a generic response, not worth anything.

MediacomE-mail

I HATE this new and IMPROVED (bull s$(t it is improved) email system MediaCom put in place. Now all I get is f*cking spam!!! I don't get any of my real e-mails, just f*cking spam!!! F*cking MediaCom the old system was MUCH better

• Mo
              moronchecker1 Apr 14, 2010

because you have to enter @mchsi.com ...GET A ###ING LIFE! IT'S ###ING! F-U-C-K-I-N-G

• Fa
              fawk mediacom Dec 17, 2009

I couldn't agree more. The fawking email is ### right now. I can't even get all of my email accounts to setup so I can log in from one spot. I have to manually enter the fawking @mchsi.com ### on each of my accounts. Piece of ### Mediacom, Comcast here I come.

• Gl
              Glenn A Dec 16, 2009

Yes, so true, but not a problem like this before. This is no way to run a "'Air Line".
              MANAGEMENT, should have never allowed a up- grade, to be performed, at this time of year. I am thinking about the customers who may use this, as part of their business. To close to Christmas. No need for the ** and stuff.
              Glenn, in Delaware

Mediacom / Cable, E-mailOutage due to upgrade

So much for the December 2009 "seamless" upgrade of Mediacom Cable's e-mail service - down for 2 days now with no end in sight. Mediacom must be soooo overwhelmed - when you call their 800# they have an automated response that says, in effect, "don't call us ... where too stupid to fix this, but eventually we'll smack two rocks together enough to make fire!". However, just a note of scarcasm, their autopay feature still works. By the way guys - I'm in the midst of a job search so that I can continue to pay my bills - get the @#$%-ing e-mail fixed now!

• Un
                unhappymediacomuser Dec 19, 2009

I just got off the phone with Mediacom AGAIN. Last week I was able to finally get through after more than 30 minutes on hold, and was walked through changing my Outlook settings to match the new server setting Mediacom is going through. We got about 98% of the way through and then when it still wasn't working they told me that I just couldn't use Outlook for now (I ended up doing research online after the call and resolved my own issue by just checking "one more box" on the settings page that the rep didn't know existed apparently).

Now after about 5 days of actually being able to send and receive mail again, I started getting Mail Delivery Status Notifcations (80 of them since last night!! Once an hour for each email I sent yesterday!) - stating that my emails weren't being delivered to certain email accounts, but that Mediacom would keep trying. So I called back to Mediacom, and after holding for better than 30 minutes again - was told that their new server is being blacklisted because of not complying with SPAMMER issues by email servers such as MSN/Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, and any other email service that is supported by similar spam management capabilities.

So what is the resolution for this one?:
                Mediacom has to remove the SPAM issues from their servers, THEN then have to negotiate with the other service providers to remove them from their blacklist, THEN we have to wait for the other service providers to complete the update. Which of course Mediacom couldn't give me an estimated time/day for resolution.

I did ask if they would be giving their customers a credit for the unavailable internet service that we have been paying for for the last week, and I was told that "once ALL the issues were resolved" I could call back and request a credit. Unbelievable.

After 3 years of staying with them, and paying way too much for their services, I am cancelling my account on Monday and changing to our local telephone provider who now offers internet and digital TV services - for about $100 less a month...and they are reliable.

Mediacom - you should have planned your cut over better and done better testing; and now you should be much more proactive in your customer service over this - try reaching out to your customers and tell them how you will make this right for them - don't make them wait on hold for 30 minutes to be told there is no ETA and that if they want a credit they will need to initiate it - you should make that happen automatically. Poor, Poor Service.

Mediacom Hs InternetSlow and interrupted conection

I try to watch news videos and youtube, but it contiuously starts and stops. Connections are way beyond slow. This company is screwing everyone who uses it.

Mediacom Cable Company — They suck

We had mediacom for over 2 yrs. It was horrible. If you were on the internet the phone didn't work, if...

MediacomTerrible quality internet

My internet is supposed to be up to 128 times faster than dial up and up to 5 times faster than dsl. Last year, 2008 my RCA modem started going off beginning in April. Over a period of 4 months it was off daily 3 to 4 times. A new modem was installed in August 2008 and the internet worked fine until April 2009. The same problem began daily. Tech support was here 6 times since April. They switched out the modem again and it worked fine for 3 days. Now it don't go off all the way it just slows down to no speed at all. Web pages won't display, mail can't be sent, Yahoo Messenger stops responding. I use this instant messenger program to communicate with my family all over the US. Mediacom has promised they will reduce the amount I pay each month, I will have to wait and see on that issue. I had a technician who works for another company tell me they have sold too many broadband accounts for this small town and when it is in use by a lot of people the modem will just stop or slow down dramatically. Yesterday I was downloading a 4 MB program that slowed to less than dial up speed 16.2kbs. I just wish there was somebody to work with. I get so frustrated because they just keep sending out a tech and nothing gets resolved.

RESOLVED

• Mediacom's response · Apr 15, 2011

I apologize for any ongoing or repeat issues you may have at this time. If you would like to email us at [email protected] or contact us on our forums http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum.php we would be happy to help resolve any problems you may have with the service.

• Cl
                    Clay Parker Aug 15, 2016

I am supposed to be getting internet speeds of up to 100Mbps. I have had mediacom since may 2016. I have NEVER seen my speeds reach over 40 Mbps, as a matter of fact, most of the time i only get Kbps. Have in mind ive called numerous complaints, and they changed my wifi box twice! Still have never seen the speeds they claim i get with my plan. PURE LIES FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!IT'S A MONOPOLY!!!

chart47 Apr 14, 2011

When I originally signed up for Mediacom outages were very frequent. For months internet connectivity would occur less than an hour a day. Eventually repairs were made to an area hub however as connectivity times were significantly increased speed dramatically reduced. Prior to hub replacement speeds were averaging 10Mbps for the advertised 12Mbps. After the hub was replaced averages dropped to less than 5Mbps and at times dropped well below 1Mbps which would then begin to affect my digital channels since I subscribe to both digital cable and internet through Mediacom. Shortly after the hub was replaced the modem would crash resulting in having to reset it numerous times. A replacement was ordered however it did the same. On many occasions the same technician was sent out to my house and finally discovered a high signal dB rating was the cause of the modem issue. He also replaced the coax cable that leads to the house and much of the coax that is in the house however this did not fix the slow speed issues. Due to the tech having to come out on many occasions after calling Mediacom again with the same issue, slow speeds, they told me the tech filed a report on me claiming I was reporting false claims which was untrue. I filed a complaint against the tech and asked for a different one but the same one was sent out yet again. This was months ago and the speed is still averaging less than 4-5Mbps. Even at low usage time, midnight to 6am, I still get slow speeds. I pay for 12Mbps and being an electrical engineer I know that the full 12 is not guaranteed however to average well below HALF that speed is absolutely unacceptable. I’ve complained and complained to Mediacom with no solution. I find it odd that before the hub was replaced, when we had connectivity, the speeds were high and sometimes even over the advertized 12Mbps however after the hub was replaced the speeds dropped significantly. To summarize I pay for 12Mbps and receive on average less than 5Mbps with highs in the 6Mbps range and lows, which are more common than highs, well under 1Mbps. I’ve also complained to Mediacom on numerous occasions with the situation unresolved only to have a tech criticize me for monitoring my speeds.

MediacomCable

The television signal has cut out several times. We can only get our movie channels on one television. The HD channels do not come in and when they do the picture quality is [poor at best, they have made several service calls to my home, only to have the problem back again in several weeks. I have visited the local office several times and as to speak to the service manager, he is never in the office. On the last visit I was given in business card with his office number, e-mail and cell I have never received a call or a e-mail.

• En
                      enbalmingfluid Jun 12, 2010

Well I must agree, mediacom sucks! I got the hd box and eventually it stops recording when I call they tell me this is an extra service and will cost me an additional 9.95$ Excuse me, I pay for the hd box and I have to pay for the dvr service too. It wouldn't be so bad if the Hd channels all came thru but for most of them (maybe a total of 12) I gert a message that says, " Channel will be available shortly". Never happens!!

• Rd
                      rdeano16 Mar 03, 2010

The worst customer service I have ever seen. Not to mention the cable service is about as poor as you could imagine. Half the time, the channels go in and out of signal. It shows the channel for a second, then goes to a blue screen saying No Signal! The sad thing about that is, I got rid of the box, and just use regular cable. It still doesn't work. I am shocked at the lack of effort and concern for the customers. It's a joke!

• Fo
                      forfuturegen Aug 31, 2009

I am the person you called today for help with your service.
                      You yelled at me for half an hour and I allowed you to. You said, “don’t take it personal, and I’m not mad at you - per say - but” than go on to belittle and berate the company I work for. I must tell you that I take it very personally because as you ranted and raved for more than fifteen minutes, you are eating up the eight minute per call allotment laid down for me to spend on each call. I can get fired or written up, not because I was not able to help you, but because you just went over my eight minute per call restriction, or maybe you called and it carried over into the time that I was scheduled to take one, of my two daily breaks (which can change on a moments notice in our scheduling program and which must be followed to the second, and I mean second or it goes against our grade) - so I say to you don’t take it personally if I try to cut you off while you rant and rave to try to get to the heart of your problem (keep to the problem and leave emotions out). My company is grading me on every movement I make over my ten hour day – from how much time I take to speak with you, to how many seconds I put you on hold to check on your issue (if an issue that only a high level group has access to). This grade is what can get me fired or give me a good enough grade that my work day week might be scheduled to be between 7am – 4pm (very few exists) with the weekends or a (as in one) weekend day off. Yes, I to have a family that I am trying to support and also spend time with.
                      This is what you, the public, my customer, need to understand about the US call centers. In a day I am given so much time to relieve myself, although if I use that time it goes against my grade. Like other workers in the work place, we acquire sick days but if we don’t give a twenty-four hour notice that we are going to be sick that also goes against my grade. You were surprised and astonished that you were hung up on by the last two representatives you spoke with, you probably reached that magical eight minute mark that someone in the/a corporate office decided would allow the workers to move on to another customers problem, in an effort to try to address that number one customer complaint - the hold times are to long. So it’s a lose - lose situation, for you the customer that I really need more than eight minutes to solve your problem, and for me, if I take the time I need to get your issue resolved. We are told it should all even out – that the customer (your Grandmother who might have just had a stroke and now has a hard time relaying information – understandably) I spend a hour with, will even out with the caller I spent four minutes with, but realistically speaking there can only be one number one, the representative who makes the grade that then allows that representative to chose their weekly schedule, the one that might allow them time with their family, and maybe the representative you are speaking with does not want to take the chance of spending more than eight minutes with you, (maybe they have young children at home and would like to be home with them while they are awake).
                      We – in the United States call centers are competing with other countries, and in order to compete with their sweet shop call centers, the company you are doing business with is turning your support representatives work place into a sweet shop, because – well – they can always move our jobs to India or the Philippines. (Speaking personally I would rather speak with someone in the United States about my issue if the company is located in the United States.) I would like to help you and I know just what I need to do to help you, but forgive me (don’t take it personally) If I like the last three representatives you spoke with hang up on you after eight minutes.
                      I am also a consumer and even though I work for a company that has no regards for my most basic of human requirements (penalizing its workers for using the bathroom or being unexpectedly sick). I have got to think of those who come after me and what kind of work environment we are allowing these companies to create for the future generation. You and I are not taken on a personal basis, so as much as I would like to solve you’re problem on a person basis, that is not how the company you just called will be productive and/or make money. We as call center representatives perform company imposed triage and must move on to shorten call times, it has nothing to do with help and support we do our best, and I for one would really like to help you. In closing I can’t help but wonder if that scary word UNION would help us both. We certainly need a champion because its only going to get worse!!
                      I sign anonymous, because my company would like to keep the public in the dark about the policies I must follow to keep my job, and that’s PERSONAL.

• Dl
                      dlakers Jul 31, 2009

So who fed your cat while on vacation?

• Ka
                      kate jonson Jul 31, 2009

We have not been happy with Mediacom for years but they are the only cable company in our area. The satellite companies don't have internet service out here so we are stuck. Mediacoms prices are horrible and keep going up. The latest problem is that while we were on vacation 6 movies were charged to our account. When I called about them, the girl said that they are ordered by our remote and the confirmation process is thorough so we should not have any mistakes. Well, considering there wasn't anyone home except the cat...They were willing to cut the cost in half with us! Not bad for movies we DID"NT EVEN ORDER!!! And they were adult movies, that our family never watches. I have tried to get other services with satellite companies but they, too, are expense, even if they would be available in our area. Also, the sales people I have talked to are from India or wherever and are very rude. What are we to do do?? Mediacom has nothing but complaints from customers all over the country. You would think they would get the message or go out of business!!

Mediacom Cable & InternetCustomer service and charges

I went back to being a Mediacom customer in January. I have had nothing but problems from the start. I rejoined Mediacom with a buy-back special. They promised to pay the bill for breaking my dish company contract. To get the refun took three months and numerous phone calls and trips to the local office.
                    Within a week of having a DVR it went out and I was not even able to watch cable. They were unable to come and fix it until I returned from a trip out of state. When I returned I found my bill that arrived for service included PPV/On Demand movies. I called to speak with them about this and explained that it was impossible for me to have ordered these movies as 1) the cable box did not even work and 2) I was out of state and not even home to order them. After much debate they took the charges off and told me to make sure I put in a lock code to prevent them from being ordered. When the next bill arrived I found that there was another movie charged to my account the very next day after I had put the "lock code" into place. I once again called and was once again told that the only way for movies to be ordered was through my remote and that I had to be ordering them (basically that I am stupid). I then began taking the batteries out of the remote when I was not home and stacking items in front of the box. After a trip to the local office for a different remote and another charged movie, I took the whole DVR system in and made them replace it. Each contact with the company, both by phone and in person, I was told the same thing, this is your fault. I thought the problem was fixed until I got a bill last month with two more movies charged and one more again this month. I have once more called and once more been told that this can only happen with my remote ordering them in my home and only one movie would be credited. This has become a very frustrating issue and will probably only be resolved by cancelling my cable and internet service. As Mediacom is the only cable company in our very large city, I guess they can do what they want.

Mediacom — Fraudulent services

I just signed up with mediacom to recieve cable service. I got my first bill on Feb. 22 and paid with a money...

Clarinda

MediacomWrongful claim

I cancelled my cable with Medicom in January 22, 2009 and continued to receive bills, even up to last week, and had to keep calling to get it corrected. I was told that I didn't return my modem, which was returned last year at my local office, when I cancelled my internet service. Now they have sent a bill to collection that I don't even owe. When I called today, I was told that I had a credit balance. They have already sent a bill to collection and they owe me money. Hope this will be taken off my credit. I have been a customer since 1998 and this is how they treat their customers that wish to cancel. I am very displeased with Mediacom

• Ke
                          kebzb8 Nov 09, 2009

I've had a similar problem with mediacom. After being with them for a year we cancelled our service because we were moving. I went in to schedule a time to have it disconnected, and to pay the last part of my bill. At that time I was told that my balance was zero, and that I did not owe them any money unless I didn't turn in my equipment. A few weeks later I turned in the equipment, and again was told that I did not owe them any money. After 3 months I received a bill from Mediacom for $50 that I did not owe them, in the same pile of mail I found a notice from a collections agency that said I was to remit the payment to mediacom along with $10 for collection fees. I talked with 5 different associates over the phone and there was never a supervisor to speak to, each time I was told that a supervisor would call me back. I never received any calls back from them. They have the absolute worst customer service, I am now paying $60 to mediacom that I do not owe them because they ###ed up.

Mediacom — Outgoing caller id

We have mediacom cable/internet/phone. So far no real problems, but a very big annoyance. When we call...

Mediacom Cable Service — Horrible service

I want to laugh and cry about Mediacom's cable service. I read an obvious Mediacom employee rebuttal who...

MediacomEmail

If you do not mind signing in to your email account and finding out your entire history and contacts have disappeared, then by all means use Mediacom. If you are perhaps retired and dont mind sitting on the phone for hours a month trying to get your phone and internet repaired, definitley use Mediacom. If you do not mind losing your entire email and contact history 2 times in one month I would suggest you sign on with Mediacom. If you are satisfied with no explanation for these problems then may I suggest Medicom! Ohyes, I have no phone and need to replace over a hundred email contacts, but what else do I have to do, right?

• As
                            Ashley Mize May 13, 2009

I was wondering why my phone is still out of order, even with my cable restored. I am in Herrin, Il.

Chawlie Mar 16, 2009

Were you using Webmail, or Outlook, Outlook Express or some other email program?

Mediacom — Scam charges

After having Cable through Mediacom, It was time for me to move out of my apartment. I called Mediacom to let...

MediacomPhone service/ voice mail charge

Well, mediacon has done it again...

I received notice this week that mediacom is now going to charge *extra* for voicemail service. It's not very much $1.93 extra a month, but for someone who already gives those rat # $140 a month you would think they wouldn't charge anything extra. Of all the 13 calling features that are offered 'free of charge' with the phone service the only one I use is the freekin' voicemail and now I have to pay *extra*. Next thing you know mediacon will be charging to use the remote to change the channel on the cable.
                          ~ I hate these people!!! ~

• Mo
                              Monica Oct 30, 2008

WELL GIVEN I AM A MEDIACOM EMPLOYEE IM GONNA TELL U RIGHT NOW WHY WE ARE CHARGING FOR VOICEMAIL, WE ARE LOSING MONEY GIVING FREE VOICEMAIL OUT, AND HALF THE CUSTOMERS DONT USE IT, AND HONESTLY A DOLLAR AND NINETY-THREE ISNT BAD...

MediacomDigital cable is awful

I am only writing this review here because Mediacom does not provide any opportunities for customer feedback on their website. Call them? I did and waited over 20 minutes for Customer Service to pick up. To try and get rid of me, they made a big deal about security because my wife set up the account. When I provided the information required, they couldn’t find our account. When I asked to take the Customer Survey, they hung up on me. I wasn’t about to call back.

Never mind that we had to wait a week to have our service hooked up, Mediacom's customer service and digital cable product are terrible (phone is OK, internet and installers have been very good)! There is a long pause between channels, the on-screen guides stink and the signal is often intermittent. The DVR, while a convenient option, is inferior to those offered with satellite. We have ordered two on-demand movies and in both cases they stopped in the middle and could not be re-started; while Mediacom did refund the cost of the movies, it is very frustrating. If Mediacom is your only choice, don’t bother with a HD television- they only have a few channels and the reception quality is so poor that the picture actually looks better on a traditional set.

We don’t have any other choice where we currently live, or we would certainly switch back to satellite. Google their CEO’s name and he actually mentions it as part of Mediacom’s business strategy in several recent articles. It’s obvious to me that Mediacom’s Pledge to Customers is pure fiction.

• Sp
                                sprzybel Sep 15, 2014

I have had nothing but à headache since becoming à customer 2 years ago. I don't know which service is worst. Its à toss up between internet and DVR service. Who wants to wait a week for a service tech just to be able to hear their tv

• St
                                steven bridgeman Sep 26, 2008

I disagree with anybody saying that mediacom is the worst customer service because we are all human and we all make mistakes. As a company we have decreased our hold times and are doing the best we can to answer every person in a timely matter