Having problems with Mediacom?

Mediacom Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 274 6753 (Customer Service)
+1 800 479 2082 (Customer Service)
+1 888 847 6228 (Closed Captioning)
1 Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, New York
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mediacom Customer Service. Initial Mediacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mediacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mediacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Mediacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Mediacom — Customer service

I had someone in the area hacking internet networks and downloading movies, so I got a letter claiming...

Mediacom Cable — Slow internet speeds

This complaint is in regard to the cable internet service provided by Mediacom Communications aka. Mediacom...

MediacomJacked up rates

Why is it that I, as a long time Mediacom customer, am NOT eligable for the current promotions with lower rates.

I pay over $170 per month for cable, internet and phone.

Mediacom is offering the same service to new customers for $89.95.

I have never missed or been late on a payment. What did I do to deserve this?

I called customer support and they are willing to adjust my rate down to about $130 per month if I agree to a 12 month term.

Why can't I get the $89.95 rate that the new customers get?? "Well, you are not a new customer."

They must not value their existing customers at all!

I may be a new customer very soon...just not at Mediacom!

• Mediacom's response · May 18, 2011

Solockthis,

I apologize for the inability of customer service to reduce your rates. While we do offer special incentives to new customers, we do value our current customers and we do not want to lose you as a customer. I would love to look into this for you and see what I can do to help you with this. If you could please send me your telephone# or account# I can look over the bill and see if I can help. Please send this info to [email protected] or join here at the mediacom official forums and message a moderator http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum.php . I apologize again for the billing issues and we want to assure you we value all our customers, new or long term.

Thanks!
      Social Media Team lead

MediacomCanceling service

I switched to Mediacom in 2009 with a very persuasive sales person named Tod, who gave me a great deal for 2 years. After 2 years, I decided to switch to another provider to save on costs. I contacted Mediacom 2 MONTHS before switching, and was told that they much have at least a one week notice & my account would be noted regarding internet/television. I was told that my new provider would call Mediacom to disconnect my phone themselves, so that my home phone number could be ported over. I was also told that the account would be pro-rated for one day (the time of cancellation to reset by new carrier). I called Mediacom again, 1 week prior to disconnection, to verify that my account was to be disconnected on the specified date and was told yes, it was taken care of. The date of disconnection rolled around - my phone service stopped the morning of the scheduled change, before the installer even got here. Luckily I still had my # when all was said & done. However, I continued to receive full billing from Mediacom! I sent a partial payment & hoped for an updated bill, but that never came. I called Mediacom less than a month after my new service had started and after receiving a bill that was OVER $400 from Medicom! I spokewith a boy named Abel who told me I had to go into the nearest Mediacom office regarding my bill. I asked him why I could not discuss my bill over the phone, said my account was canceled and wanted to know about the continuing charges. He said there were notes on my account, but he could not help me. I said I'd called twice before and he actually told me "Ma'am, you may have your notes, but that does not mean you called in'. He proceeded to tell me there was nothing he could do, so I had to go to the nearest office - I asked why. Never once did he indicate that I had to take back any equipment to this office - he did not mention any equipment at all! I told him I wasn't going to go to an office just to discuss a bill & asked that he set up an appointment for someone to come to my house. I then heard a click - he HUNG UP on me! So, I called back & spoke with a woman named Jessica. She was very nice, told me she did in fact, see the cancelation information noted on my account, that my account was to be prorated, and she transfered me
    to the Disconnect Dept. There, I spoke with a Mike, about the adjusted bill - which I was to receive in 5-7 days. My next bill came in a week or 2 - and it WAS adjusted, but not to the amount expected...my new bill was OVER $1000!!! It mentioned unreturned equipment, of which I did still have, but did not receive information on WHEN OR WHERE to return it from ANYONE I had spoken with, any time I called in. This company is the worst - I had heard many horror stories about Mediacom but did not have any issues until I had to use their CUSTOMER SERVICE, which was absolutely horrendous!!! Believe the horror stories people - and I hope you do not have to deal with this company!

• Mediacom's response · May 09, 2011

I very much apologize this has happened. We generally do not put in disconnect orders until the phone has completed the port-out. If you would like to email us at [email protected] or contact us on our forums http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

We would be happy to assist in this issue in any way possible.

Mediacom Social Media Relations Team

jodene bullis May 19, 2012

Good morning, I too have had a similiar problem with mediacom. I have been a customer for over seven years. Because of the outrageous costs and never any deals for long term cutomers I decided to terminate service also. I asked in jan 2012 when my contract was up I was told april 2012. I told the lady that I wanted the service terminated at the end of the billing cycle and she said I had to wait until one week before I said ok. March 20 2012 I went in and put the order for termination begining april 2012. I had planned on bringing the equipment in on the day of termination but was called out of town on family emergency. When I returned home all services were disconnected I returned the equipment promtly. When I received the final bill it was over 500.00 dollars I called they told me that my account was not terminated only suspended for non payment and I owed all that money. So now ofcourse I can't get anywhere with anyone telling me that there was never a order to terminate services and I told them I can not help it if there people does not do their jobs. So if anyone would like to collaborate on this issue and possible sue this entity for false practices and fraudulent billing practices please contact me at [email protected]

Mediacom — Unauthorized billing charges

We have had Mediacom cable at our vacation home for a long time. Even though it is ludicrously expensive, we...

Mediacom — Billing

Just called to find out why our bill was so high since we moved on march 23 2011 and turned in all the...

Mediacom — Bad service

The service provided to me by Mediacom is appalling. I have waited over 1 year and 3 months for it to remedy...

Gold Canyon

Mediacom Cable — Internet and on demand issues

We updated to the new 50 MB deluxe Internet package three weeks ago. MEdiacom sent a tech to the house and...

MediacomPhone/ internet service

I switched to Mediacom from Embarq 2 years ago because they were cheaper and we were trying to pare down expenses. Boy, was that a mistake. Not that Embarq was that great, but Mediacom is the absolute WORST. For the entire time that we've had their service, our landline cuts out intermittently, sometime for days at a time. Most of the time, we don't even know that the service is out unless we try to make a call. At which point, I call Mediacom and complain and they say the standard line of "we don't know why you are having these problems". They even went so far as to tell me to document the dates/times and duration of the outages and then call them back. Ok. Well, I don't have time to babysit my phone service. But, I can tell you it's very unnerving when we are out of town and cannot reach our children at home because the phone service is out. Calling neighbors and friends to go check on them... it's ludicrous. Thankfully we have cell phones. We wanted to cancel the landline service altogether, because we really don't need it and it doesn't work half the time anyhow, but the cust service rep says that we have to purchase a bundle package in order to use Mediacom services. She said they can disconnect the landline, but we would still have to pay for it. Seriously?! I can't tell you how many calls I've missed because of these outages. People tell me all the time that my phone just rings and rings. No answering machine or voice mail, just ringing. That's because it's a dead line and our service is out. This complaint doesn't even cover the service interruptions we experience frequently with our internet. That is a whole other Oprah show. grrr.
      I called Mediacom today... again... because the service was out... again... because I've been waiting on a call from a service technician for an appliance appointment, whom I have no idea if he tried to call me or not, because my SERVICE IS OUT! So, if I have to reschedule my appointment, not only have I wasted 4 hours of my day off sitting here waiting, I'll have to reschedule my appt for another day off and I've paid Mediacom for service that I wasn't getting. When I explained this for the umteenth time to the lady I was talking to today, she crabbily said she was sorry I felt that way and if there was anything else she could help me with. How about pulling your bottom lip over your head and swallowing, you ###!
      Ultimately, I'd like to just use cell phones and have internet, but we don't have that option. The town we live in is outside Minneapolis and we have only two ISPs: CenturyLink and Mediacom. And, they both suck...
      Maybe we'll go back to using notes tied to pigeons... would probably be more effective.

• Mediacom's response · Mar 30, 2011

I am sorry to hear about you problem with our service and would like to look into it for you. Please email me your account info at [email protected]
          Best wishes,
          Social Media Relations Team

Mediacom — Bait and switch tactics

I recently switched from Dish Network to Mediacom based on what I was told by one of their customer service...

Mediacom Internet ServiceSlow on-line speed

Several weeks ago I contacted Mediacom via their e-mail customer service link to complain about my slow internet service. They never responded. So I called their Customer Service a week later and they scheduled a service visit during the week...they don;t have weekend service according to the respresentative. The service provided was very courteous and indicated that there was nothing wrong with my wireless router or computer or the wires coming into the house. He indicated that this part of Sugar Grove has a 90% usage level and slows the internet down below contracted speeds between the hours of Noon and midnight. As a result the gaming software and business software that my son and I use fail mid use and indicate problem with internet connection. Service tech said nothing they can do until Mediacom adds equipment to lower the load on the system. He indicated they did this in a nearby town and service has much imporved. However he indicated that I should request a reduced service fee until it is fixed since Mediacom cannot provide the agreed upon service speed levels. Downloads should be around 12Mbps and uploads around 1Mbps. Actual speeds are intermittent between 6-11 Mbps download and 0.9Mbps on upload. So I called today to see if I can get a reduce service fee since the service bumped my software twice this evening at midnight. They indicated they need to send ANOTHER technician out to the house and look at the service again! In order to meet them I have to take a day off from work since they do not have weekend service. Needless to say I AM UPSET! I lose $400 per day and have to pay Mediacom to provide substandard service.

• Mediacom's response · Mar 06, 2011

I am sorry that you are having this problem. My name is Bill Ferrara and I am part of Mediacom's Social Media Relations Team. I would be happy to look into this for you.
            Please email your account info to me at [email protected] or you can contact me at the Mediacom Support Forum. My screen name there is MediacomBill and I am a global moderator for the site. Here is a link to the forum:

Best wishes,
            Bill Ferrara
            Mediacom Social Media Relations Team

• Mediacom's response · Mar 16, 2011

Hi Kim: If you go over to the mediacom forum at the link provided you can send me your account info privately by sending me a personal message. I will look into it for you. Bill

• Mediacom's response · Apr 05, 2011

Rheem please feel free to send me your account info either by email at [email protected] or you can go the the Mediacom Support Forum at the following link:

I will be happy to help you.

• Mediacom's response · May 16, 2011

I would be happy to look into your problem BuckFawn. Please email us at [email protected] or visit our forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport

Mediacom Social Media Relations

• Mediacom's response · Oct 20, 2011

I apologize for the troubles you have had. In most cases the buildings wiring would need to be taken care of or escalated through the property manager or maintenance for the building as we cannot generally do it without them having some form of notice or consent. I would be happy to look into the problem for you if you could email me at [email protected]

-Tom
            Social Media Relations Team
            Mediacom Communications

• Tr
            Trevor Apr 06, 2009

Mediacom Internet Service

I am a Mediacom customer for a year and a half. I have always had issues with their customer service. I always have internet outages and some of them would last for days. I have to wait atleast two days before anyone would come out and fix it. But this time, they just killed my patience. I lost internet on 12-08-2004. I have voice over IP phone, so I lost my phone as well. I told them that don't call before coming because my phone is dead.

They insisted that I have to have a phone for a technician to call. I again explained to them but the customer representative became rude and told me that he can't do anything otherwise. So anyways, the technician didn't show up on the scheduled day. So I called and rescheduled again requesting not to call as I don't have a phone. So finally he showed up on 08-14-2004. He looked at the modem and told me that I have to buy a new one or get one from Mediacom. So I bought a new one but that didn't solve the problem. I called from work to reschedule. The guy asked me to do a power cycle. I told him that I have done it.

He asked to do it right now because he has to make sure. I explained to him the whole situation that I don't have a phone and I am calling from work. I expected some sympathy but he told me that I should get a cell phone. I hung up on him and called again and rescheduled with another rep. I told the other rep that you guys should not even charge me for this month as a courtesy for all the inconvenience and anguish I faced. She started arguing with me that Mediacom doesn't do that. As courtesy I can give you credit for the time you had this outage. I got pissed and told her that what the hell do you mean as a courtesy. That's my right.

You are not doing me any favor by crediting me for the outage. A technician showed up on 12-17-2004. He ran some tests and told us that there is nothing wrong with the modem. It's Mediacom's signal that is causing the problem and it's outside of my house. He installed some booster at my house and my internet came back. Within half an hour of his departure, I lost my connection again. I am still without a connection and waiting to finally get this issue fixed.

• Di
            disgruntled0987 Aug 13, 2009

I've had the exact same sort of problems. I realize this was written three years ago, but they obviously haven't gotten any better. Since we signed up two weeks ago we've had a 3 day outage, 3 different service calls to set up our internet and cable (which still doesn't work on our second tv even though they tell us it should), and they haven't yet set up our phone. They originally told us that the tech would come in on Saturday. Ok, that's fine. Then the tech calls us on Friday and tells us he doesn't do Sunday calls, so he rescheduled us for the next Thursday. What? So Thursday comes, and we stay home from work to make sure he fixes everything. He was supposed to come sometime from 8 to noon. I go check out some noise outside at 9, and there's a folded note, soaking wet, sitting on the retention wall several feet from our sliding back door. We did not get a call or a knock. We're still waiting to see if they're going to come back or reschedule us for next week. Awful!

• Ti
            TiredAndUpset Oct 07, 2010

I have had so many problems this last few years with down time, that I think maybe they should change their name to Mediacom-Less... And they could help their advertisements by saying that they offer "virtual" Internet service, meaning it's not real. We made the mistake of purchasing our phone service with them along with Internet, well, guess what? When the Internet goes down, you can't call and complain! I am now opting to go with a backup Internet Service Provider so that when they do go down, I will still have Internet. It will cost me an arm and a leg but since I work from home, at least I will have service. What's truly sad is that they basically have a monopoly in our area so my only alternatives are to go satellite or microwave...

Chuck Diesel Two Oct 07, 2010

Mediacom is quite easily the worst internet service provider that I know. It seems that a small percentage of Mediacom customers have rock solid service, but the rest of us suffer with their MediocreCom service. For the past 3 years, our internet service has been giving us troubles. At best our service only goes out for about 30 minutes a day. At worst, our service will be out for days. The outages happen at least daily. We have called them countless times. They send a tech, who comes to our house, sees the service is not out (because naturally there are no issues when they come) and they leave saying "there is nothing wrong with the line, call us back if you have trouble". We have had at least 10 technicians say the exact same thing every time. Sometimes when we call them, the technician (on numerous occasions) tells us that our distribution block of about 60 users are down along with us. So I am almost certain that their service is just as crappy.

Add to this the fact that Mediacom owns the only ISP in our area aside from satellite. So they literally don't care at all. If you have a choice, avoid Mediacom. They accept your hard earned dollars, but do nothing about their horrible service. We are their boss, not the other way around people. We pay their paychecks. We keep them in business. If a company is not providing 100% satisfactory service, we have the duty (as responsible consumers) to either demand better, or FIRE THEM. Let them go. Send them packing and give our hard earned money to someone who wants to provide service that warrants our hard earned dollars.

• Zi
            zilla2033 Oct 23, 2010

I am in an area where Mediacom pretty much runs the internet landscape, and I WISH there were another provider in the area.

At this point, I am convinced that Mediacom purposely disrupts internet service between a half hour and an hour every day to random customers to save costs, and (on a smaller scale) pretty much disconnects the service for longer periods (up to a month in my case) to some people just to get a free billing cycle out of them.

During the end of April/beginning of May 2009, we had our service out for a month. That's right, an entire MONTH! We asked the neighbors how their connections were and they said it was fine. Meanwhile, they had a few technicians run out and say nothing was wrong, because when they were there the internet (rather magically I must say) worked. Then it went out again an hour later. Strangely enough, two months later, one neighbor told me he was having the same problems with his internet. All I could tell him was my story and that our internet was working. Now, just last month, our neighbor on the other side of the house said her internet wasn't working when ours was fine. Let's just say, thank the good lord for cell phone companies and their satellite based internet. I swear our entire neighborhood is using them now, because Mediacom is a fraudulent company hell-bent on stealing every penny from every home they possibly can.

• Kk
            kkjerome Mar 13, 2011

Bill Ferrara I am in Chanhassen, MN and my speed last night was reduced to 1.38 Mbps down fron 12Mbps!
            Can you help me too. I am not looking for compensation, I am however looking for the truth, either you are regulating / throttling or suffering from inadequate infrastructure. I need to know this as I take my internet usage as serious as i do my money and can go back to DSL if this is the case and this continues.
            Kim
            Chanhassen MN

• Rh
            Rheem Apr 05, 2011

I am from Sugar Grove, IL as well. I have been dealing with very slow DL and UL speeds with mediacom. During the evening hours, my DL speed goes down to 1 to 3. We are paying for a service for DL speeds of 12. Unfortunately there is no other competition here, and despite my compalining about this problem to Mediacom with multiple calls over the past couple of months, they still can't tell me when the problem will be fixed. I think there are laws against monoply, and I am not sure how Mediacom has prevented other competition in Sugar Grove, or whether they have a secret agreement with Comcast. Needless to say, I am very frustrated and upset! We need a different cable provider, period!

• Bu
            BuckFawn May 16, 2011

I'm from Bloomington, IL and I keep playing this same game with Mediacom. Call, go through the automated menu to try to fix on your own, get to a rep, they send out a person who says the problem isn't at the house, I re-contact Mediacom & they admit to a more global problem... no discount, time off from work, & not even an apology.

Biggest frustration is in mid-March they finally admitted to a larger problem and gave me an ETR of 5/1 - that was after AGAIN needing to take time off from work because a problem "may" be at our house; of course non found. Waited until 5/14 and still was having DAILY problems. Contacted them again, now the ETR is 8/17... BUT they see something on the line and need to send someone out - AGAIN. The repair guys know us by first name, they have been out so many times - NEVER a problem found here.

If the service I provided to my customers where half as bad as the level MediaCom provides, I would be out of business. This is why competition is SO important.

The funny part about it is, this problem is wide spread with MediaCom. I have co workers who have MediaCom as their provider - in all directions from me ranging from 10 to 70 miles away. They are experiencing the same things - slow service, multiple complaints, staying at home for a repair person to show and diagnose a problem in their system, given an ETR that is missed, no discount for bad service, etc. etc.

Who regulates cable & internet providers in Illinois, is it the Illinois Commerce Commision?

Rob
            Bloomington, IL

• Kk
            kkjerome May 16, 2011

Bull, you are NOT being honest! It is about having the proper infrastructure of which you are lagging behind. Yes I can get fast speed on weekday mornings, however that is not when I need it.

You say that you will come out and do what? Fix what isn't broken on my end... on a weekday, ohh that's right that's when I don't have a problem. No I switched and expected 8, 9 or 10 meg and during peak... I don't, instead I get 3.5 mps.

Tell People the truth... when do you think you will upgrade in my area, Chanhassen, MN?

Kim J

John Theobald Oct 18, 2011

I cancelled service because Mediacom failed to provide the agreed upon consistent internet service, and I will not pay a disconnect fee. The last time I needed service I went without any for a week, before Mediacom’s technician could come. After that I again had intermittent service. I am not willing to wait extended periods without service nor spend half a day waiting for a technician when they finally come after a week or more, nor am I willing to spend hours trying to get through their automated phone set up. This intermittent service, with periods of no service, is not what I signed up for. Mediacom knew ahead they should not have provided contracted service to this address, as they knew previously that it could not function properly. I can obtain a sworn affidavit from the previous resident attesting to the fact that he also had continuous trouble and intermittent serve. He was finally told by Mediacom’s own technician that the problem could not be corrected due to problems with the building wiring. Mediacom’s signing me up for service, while knowing they could not deliver, and then attempting to collect disconnect fee constitutes deliberate fraud.

MediacomThe bottom of the barrel

Mediacom is the only provider of "high speed internet" to my address, having somehow kept away competitors who are available within less than one mile. I signed up with them in September of 2009, getting a package which included TV, Internet, and telephone service. Almost immediately, I began having internet outages--the phone always goes out at the same time as both services run through the same router--lasting from one hour to nearly 24. When during one outage, I used a friend's cell phone to call customer service, I got a recording which said "if you have experience a sudden interruption in service, you probably have a service outage" (!).

10 days ago, my "high speed" internet access slowed to a crawl (at times, around 200 kbps--I'm supposed to be getting 16 mbps) and the phone began to misbehave as well. Earlier this week I notified Mediacom Customer Service via e-mail (after being unable to reach anyone by phone) and was told that they were "aware of service issues" but that repairs would take an estimated 16 days.

I wrote back saying that I found this unacceptable as I have been paying full price (and a rather high price) for next to no service for nearly two weeks and apparently will for another two weeks. I am disabled and sometimes urgently need telephone contact with emergency services. I explained this also.

By way of reply I received an e-mail from a "Curtis S." stating: "Repairs for utilization issues involve more than just a tap on a pole or in a pedestal. It involves hardware at the headend, trunk lines in the network and amplifiers in the next. This takes time to identify which components are bad vs which need retuned, order replacement parts where needed, and finally install replacement parts". Am I to believe that Mediacom does not employ competent technicians with appropriate testing equipment and spare parts?

As to the problems with my phone, "Curtis S." suggested that I get a cell phone. If I had a cell phone, I wouldn't need them, would I?

I am taking my complaint to corporate headquarters and encourage others to do the same. You might also wish to contact your state's Attorney General, the FCC, and the Federal Trade Commission. If this is the sort of service Mediacom expects to provide as a public utility, they should be held accountable to the same standards as any other such organization.

Mediacom certainly will not have my business any longer than absolutely necessary. With any luck, 4G and 5G networks will make cable companies obsolete within a year or so (fingers crossed!). During five years of getting DSL through Qwest, I received higher speeds at a lower cost and experienced ONE outage of less than an hour. Alas, Qwest is mysteriously unavailable to me, though their service is available to people who are literally across the road from my location.

• Mediacom's response · Feb 22, 2011

Hello,

I am sincerely sorry that this happened and would love to help. This is not the way this should have been handled and I will address that immediately. If you could please reach out to me via email or forum I will do all I can to help get your speed issues straightened out as well as the phone. You can reach me at [email protected] or live on the Mediacom forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum/index.php .

Again I apologize for how this was handled and would love to help,
              Social Media Team Lead

MediacomPoor service

Mediacom phone service has been out for 4 days now. They promised a technician would be here last Friday between 1 and 5 but he was a no show. What do you think the chances are the tech. tried to call and be sure I was home before coming to fix the phone?
            I provide care for a special needs grandson and a phone is essential. When and if they show up to fix this phone my first call will be to cancel their service. I'll go back to using a cell phone as our principle telecom service.
            In my personal opinion Mediacom is inept, unreliable and a waste of money.

• Mediacom's response · Feb 10, 2011

I apologize for the ongoing service issues and I would love to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Will you email me at [email protected]?
                I will work with the local supervisors to get these weather related problems repaired and do whatever it takes to ensure your service issues are resolved.

-Chris

• Mediacom's response · Feb 14, 2011

Mr. Bechtel, I apologize again for the service issues you have experienced and I hope that everything has been working to your expectations since we spoke.

I believe all the service issues have been resolved, but if you have any other problems please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]

-Chris

• Bb
                BBBechtel Feb 09, 2011

I have had nothing but trouble with my cable TV, internet, and phone service with Mediacom. I have their VIP service (joke) which bundles all 3 for a discount. When I have trouble with the TV or Internet I usually have no phone as well so I can't call to complain. The phone service is unreliable often dropping calls or not accepting outside calls. The cable TV experiences tiling, loss of picture, freeze frame during "ON DEMAND" programs. Whenever we have bad weather we will have days of poor service with all 3.
                If you call (and the phone works) they try to get you to use their automated trouble shooting system which prompts you to perform various tasks on the equipment. This is a joke because their system doesn't accept or recognize your responses to their queries. Technicians take a week or more to schedule a site visit.
                In summary this is the worse Cable Company I have ever dealt with.

• So
                S.O.L Feb 10, 2011

I think it's all part of a certain Mr Louis Gibson's plan to take over the world...

MediacomAsleep at the wheel managers

Up until Thanksgiving the service was good when it was up, however, I frequently had to call customer service and have them reset the modem. A few days before Thanksgiving Mediacom service arrived to replace the modem but he was not given a moden, all he was allowed to do was test the signals. Something was running hot, I was getting download speeds over 15MB and was only paying for 12MB. So he fixed it so that I would only get 12MB and the modem was deemed repaired. Since Thanksgiving I have waited and called because my speed download was typically 3MB. Prior to Thanksgiving I was a huge NetFlix fan, since Thanksgiving I cannot get enough bandwidth to watch movies. On Thursday the replaced the modem and things may be better, EXCEPT they left with the AC adapter to my Hard Drive and left their moden AC adapter. This company is a circus and unfortunately, living in a small backwater place like Jefferson City MO, there are few other options. Probably have to settle with 8MB ADSL. Oh and am I the only person that questions 12MB service is reallly at best 10MB?

• Mediacom's response · Feb 10, 2011

Hi,

My name is Chris, I work for the social media team for Mediacom Communications. I apologize for the poor service and will do all I can to make this right for you. If you would like to send me an email at [email protected] with your information or a phone number I could contact you at I will do all I can to resolve these issues.

Thanks

• Ju
                  judith Britez Feb 23, 2012

My name is Judith Britez and I sent you an Email 3 times with my name, address, phone, and my bill but no one has called me yet. I am still trying to call media com and no luck getting through just more numbers to push and then a busy signal. Please Call me at [protected]. My email address is [email protected] I am a senior citizen and I don't understand a lot of this mumbo jumbo but I do have an senior citizen help attorney. I guess I will have to call him at least maybe he will answer his phone. I really need this help with my bill. It is very hard for me to go in to the office and deal. I can't drive in bad weather and I have been ill and my bill is due. I would like explanations and also why I am paying for a phone thatcher I can't even get a dial tone.

Judith Britez

Mediacom — Early termination fee

I uses mediacom Internet for a few months and then moved to a new address. I called to transfer my service to...

MediacomInstallation

I recently moved to Valdosta and transferred my cable and internet services with Mediacom to my new address. My outlets at my new apartment are in the wall so a cord is needed to connect it to the television and the same cord is required to connect the internet. The technician told me i had to buy the cord myself to connect it? I was astonished!! Why should i have to buy the cord that is required for the service, im thinking it should come complementary because without it there is no service! When i called customer service to see why i had to buy the cord the first rep. stated it was a hazard and i had to do it myself and when i didnt agree with that she hung up. I called back and the next rep. stated to go out and purchase the cord and when the installer comes back return it to the store WHAT IN THE WORLD KIND OF ADVICE IS THAT!! I just scheduled another installation, so needless to say im still without cable and internet unless i go purchase my own cord!! The picture of the outlet is attached...Why wasnt i provided the cord?

Installation

• Mediacom's response · Dec 15, 2010

I apologize for the issues. I am not sure why the first tech did not supply the cable and will definitely look into this. If you want to message me your account# or telephone#, or email it directly to me at [email protected], message us on twitter @mediacomsupport or post to us on the forums http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum/index.php I will look into this now and get back with you as soon as possible. I am very sorry this happened and would love to make this right for you.

Social Media Team Lead

• Bu
                    burri8 Dec 11, 2010

I would cancel my service with them. I have had similar issues with Mediacom not wanting to provide services for their equipment. But in your case, when I left to move I would have taken the wire from the old place to the new place. It was yours anyway. I would switch to Knology. At one time they weren't reputable but they have really changed in the past couple of years, better customer service and service.

• Ca
                    cabledogg Dec 13, 2010

Actually, your problem has nothing to do with Mediacom. Most installers would give you a wire or a splitter to help you out, but they’re really not supposed to. That’s the same for any cable company, they take care of wire to the house, and your prewired house which has the wiring in the walls is your responsibility, including the wire from the wall to the TV/Modem. You said, “Why should I have to buy the cord that is required for the service, I’m thinking it should come complementary because without it there is no service!” There’s no service without a TV, should the cable company provide you a TV as well? My guess is the tech didn’t give you a cord because you were a pain in the butt who thinks the world owes you something. Just a guess.

• Ki
                    Kimberly.D Mar 07, 2011

@ Cabledogg i was not a pain in the you no wut until i was not provided with the essentials for my overpriced services! As you can see below your comment it was sopposed to be provided i am not a dummy like you i am well educated and they were required to come back and fix the problem!! Your 2 cents was not required! @ Chris thanks a bunch!

MediacomAbuse and lies

Recently had a very bad experience to the point of cancellation. MediacomChad on this site has only made things worse.

The company advertises free HD, no mention of Credit check by sales. I order HD. (Only after I played phone tag with sales. Internet Sales goes straight to a voice mail box, and even though they tell you leave a call back time, they don't listen to them)

Tech comes into house and bullies my wife and refuses to do a complete install. - Including HD and placing a compression fitting on the end of there line for me to move the modem to after they leave.

When I arrive home Tech is still at my house and shoves ( I have bruises)me off my wet / Icy steps. Refused to contact supervisor until I threatened to file assault charges.

Mediacom refuses to give an honest / sincere response, and provides no means of escalation. I was already advised by a supervisor that nothing was going to get done, and yet "Chad" and his team keep telling me that the Supervisor is dealing with it.

• Bh
                      bhm Dec 02, 2010

I'm not sure I understand what resolution you want? Do you want the employee fired? Or is it the service you are unhappy with? What is your expectation to resolve this issue - just someone to hear your issues?

MediacomLies and poor customer service

Another unhappy MediaCom customer.

Called last week to set up to add Cable to my prexisting internet service. The date was set for Nov 23 between 8 and noon. I wait till 12:30 and nothing. So when I call to inquire about where the tech is I was told they "Called 3 times" After informing them I had 0 missed calls and no messages I am told they don't leave messages. She puts me on hold and I get disconnected.

After I call back I'm told he called 3 times and left 3 messages ... Strange given I was just told they don't leave messages. I am then told that they will have to reschedule (this is at 1;30) ... I see no reason why the tech who alleges he came to my home can't come back at the end of the day and solve this problem.

I Get disconnected 3 times during 2 hours of being placed on hold, transfered, and told Im a liar. What have I to lie about? I'm a paying customer of 1 year who'm waited a week to get cable service and took the morning off work so that I could be home during the window they requested I be home.

At 4:15 I call and get ahold of someone in CS who says she'll call Illinois (Chilicothi I think she said) which is allegedly where the dispatch center is located and try to get me answers. She insures me she will call me back in 10 mins. I think thats unreasonable and didn't expect her to so I wait and wait and wait and of course nothing

Finally at 4:45 I call back and this time the CS rep has a new fiction tale for me and I am told that he left a Service tag on my door the first time he was at my house... Oh yet another Lie. I then ask my elderly neighbor who sits in front of her window all day if she saw a truck outside. Of course not. I guess they come, call, leave a tag, leave and keep calling? Nonsense. My 4 year old can tell a better lie than these people

And with that 15 mins before the close of business I am told I must wait until AFTER thanksgiving ... A FULL WEEK to get cable.

Of course I have no options except to spread the word to the public and I plan to file a complaint with the BBB

• Mediacom's response · Nov 29, 2010

I want to apologize for the experience you have had. Mediacom strives to never let a customer endure treatment like you have described and I will do everything possible to make sure this doesn't happen again. I would also love to look at the account so we can find a way to compensate you for the hassles and to do whatever it takes to regain your trust in us as a company.
                        Please email us at [email protected]
                        My sincere apologies,

• Vi
                        Vic Nielsen Jun 14, 2011

Comments: I would like to have a e-mail address to send to someone there to show them picture's of the fine install your tech's did here years ago. And I had a Tech here last Friday showed him and he just drove off, didnt even repair it just laughed and shoud his shoulders, shook his head. I found damage from outside moisture in our lower part of our basement and couldnt understand why my feet was always cold in the winter. When I replaced my compute desk this spring I found two hole's and you could see all the way through the hole and see the outside. I want this cleared up .Now

Response was:Thank you for your recent email to our Customer Service Department. To ensure the privacy and security of your information, we ask for you to please contact our Customer Service Department at [protected] to discuss your account. Please have your social security number ready so we may verify you as the account holder. We appreciate your time and cooperation in our continued effort to protect your information.

If you need further assistance, or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via e-mail and we will be happy to assist you. Please be sure to include your original email for reference. You may also contact us through our Customer Service Department at [protected], open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.

Like that really helped my problem and it showed lets pass the buck again, thats Mediacom for ya here are the pictures of there fine work.I had to seal it up myself that is why you see sealant on it now.

Mediacom Internet — Return of equipment

I signed up for Mediacom internet service in 2004. The modem I had never worked right, and after calling...

Mediacom InternetA customer rip off company

I had mediacom cable and internet for almost two years, in order to cut my cable bill I decided to disconnect the cable service and only live with internet service. Mediacom CS rep told me that my price for 12 mbps internet will be 47.95 a month and with the tax it will be around $55.00 and never mentioned any other charges. But when I received my bill there was an EXTRA $15.00 charge for Basic Line charge, I called Mediacom and asked about what this charge is, and I was told that since you canceled your cable service this is the PENALTY you have to pay every month for subscribing only the Internet. The two CS reps I talked to earlier they both LIED to me and never mentioned this charge. I consider it as CHEATING. Please be aware, this is company has a very bad reputation and a lot of unhappy customers.

• Me
                          MediacomJoel May 31, 2010

Sid Zid, I apologize you weren't informed about the additional $15 HS Basic line fee when you subscribe to our internet by itself. Please don't feel you were lied to, however there is still no excuse for our agents not explaining that additional fee. In most of our areas the internet package is billed at a flat rate of $62.95, and that's for our 12mbps service ($47.95 for the internet package and $15.00 for the HS Basic fee for having internet only). Mediacom does offer a 3mbps service for 29.95, with the additional line fee brings it up to 44.95, again when you have the internet by itself. I understand you probably have other choices for you internet service, and we do value your business. If there is anything I can do to help you, please send me an email... [email protected] - Thanks! -Joel

• Ro
                          roninohio Jun 23, 2010

I also was not told about the fifteen dollar penalty by the rep I talked to.I started out with only wanting high speed 12 meg.I was quoted a good price for a year.I decided to add the phone service as an after thought, I asked the rep if I could cancel my phone with out losing the deal, he said yes.So I decided after a few months to cancel my phone, surprise I now am paying 15 extra on my bill.I really dont know what the deal is, this is not the way to treat a customer.But I guess thats the way of the business world

• Gf
                          gforce9 Aug 07, 2010

I am a mediascam mediacom customer I subscribed to 20mbps internet service and I only get at the very best 6mbps, most of the time it is 1.5mbps.
                          Come to find out after a service call to residents with tech saying there is nothing he can do, that all the lines and equipment is good.
                          So I make another call for service telling I am unhappy with service they want to send another tech I wait two weeks the tech doesnt show. I call them, they say the service call was cancelled because there is no reason to send someone that there is no 20mbps service available to me.
                          WTF! So how in the hell can you advertise and then sell it to me if you cannot provide me with the service. What a scam. I paid the extra fee's for the upgrade for 4 months until I found out that I was getting ripped off by these scoundrels. If they knew I couldn't get these speeds in my area then why did they say I could and sell it to me?
                          Thief's that is what they are.