Having problems with Cogeco?

+1 855 701 4881 (Customer Service, Ontario)
+1 866 261 4447 (Shopping & Moving, Ontario)
+1 866 428 3517 (Billing & Account, Ontario)
+1 855 208 5854 (Customer Service, Quebec)
+1 866 921 5792 (Shopping & Moving, Quebec)
+1 800 665 5151 (Billing & Account, Quebec)
+1 877 822 5831 (Business Solutions)
+1 855 494 5853 (Business, Customer Service)
5, Place Ville-Marie, Office 1700
Sat9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

suggestion. not a complaint

Hello, I and my neighbors live in Chatham Kent, Ontario, N0P 1W0. We are limited to Xplornet internet...

channel down for two days or more

Channel 133 MSNBC went down Sept 30 (or earlier?) and is still not up as at Oct 2, 1 a.m. The message on the screen says the channel will appear shortly. Hah! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! Please restore MSNBC! (I was told my message was too short, so now it's longer.)

Billing

I had service cut off even though I was paying $100.00 mo. for service charges. I was informed by Cogeco...

return cable box

I returned a cable box in April 2019. I received a bill the following month with an additional $300 on it ...

telephone service

Hello, In regards to 1411 Constance Dr. Oakville Ontario
I phoned to have an appt. [ July 5th ] to install a cable line & phone jack for my Mom's TTY phone @ there to be new address. This was just for an installation!! The phone at there current address was to be transferred over to the new address on July 11th. The tech. called me to say he was onsite & taking care of the work & that there may be a temporary phone line disruption. OK. I had the phone checked at current address & was told that it was not working?? [ remember this was'nt to be transferred till the 11th ] So now my exercise in frustration began. I've spent over 4 + hrs. dealing with various depts. only to be informed this AM that the problem may not be resolved for the next 48 - 72+ hrs? The phone line is hooked into my parents 90 & 86 yrs. old Lifeline system. ie no phone line no emergency support for my parents I've already paid someone to be at the residence & now will have to return from Montreal till this phone issue is resolved. I can't believe the lack of support from your staff etc... Do they not comprehend the possible liability situation that this puts your company in if there was an emergency and 911 or other assistance can not be reached because your personnel botched up a SIMPLE INSTALLATION, why in the hell did they switch the service to the new residence?? You messed it up you should fix it. Apparently others peoples time & money is of no consideration to you. I'd really appreciate it if you could resolve this issue ASAP!!
Overall unimpressed Dave A.

listed my telephone number when it was supposed to be listing.

Cogeco was unfair and discordant to me. I received telephone service with them and stressed strongly to make my number unlisted. They made and error and it was listed. They blame everyone else but themselves. The twisted the dates around and the stories around but they did make this enormous error. It caused many problems and very costly ones too. They did not give a damn. They were difficult to get hold of so I kept emailing them only to be told I am emailing too many times. Obviously they got my emails. When I spoke to a lawyer friend they advise me to take them to court. So I mention this to them only to find after months of trying to get hold of them they sent me a letter telling me they were going to cancel my services. I am disabled and they are doing this to a disabled person especially when they goofed and caused many problems for me. I have a large amount of credit on my account and they will not give me my money back too. I have never in my life have been treated so poorly and disrespectful than this company. After being with them for so many years they treat you like trash for a mistake they did.
Part of the letter from Cogeco:

Furthermore, as it is clear from the many contacts you've had with our customer care agents that the services you receive from us are not satisfactory to you, we hereby advise that effective August 1, 2019, we will no longer be providing services to your address. Please make arrangements with a different provider in order to avoid complete service loss or interruption.
Also, note that Cogeco personnel have been instructed to continue forwarding any communication from you to my attention. This, therefore, means that you will not be successful in your attempts to reach or speak to anyone else at Cogeco. Should you have a legitimate service or billing issue, OTHER THAN THE UNLISTED NUMBER ISSUE, your calls or chats to our call center will be redirected to------------------.

internet

I am writing to complain about cogeco internet repair.
My internet provider, Start booked a repair with cogeco on Saturday June 22, I had to wait between 8 am and 5 pm for the cogeco tech to come and service the problem. Since cogeco owns the lines the must service them to other smaller internet companies.
Although me or my wife were home the whole day no one showed up, nor did they call.
I called start but they told me that cogeco does the repair and they have no way of checking on this issue.
I called cogeco but they were of no help at all telling me that since I am not there customer they cannot give me information on why thier technician did not show up.
This is not the first time this has happened to me, when I was with cogeco it also happened.
Is it right that they can hold me hostage all day, without even a phone call to tell me that they are not showing up?
Where we live in hamilton I have no other choice for high speed internet since no one else provides high speed internet service.
We spent a rare sunny day waiting for a service call with no response as to why they didn't show up.
And now I must wait another 5 days take another day of work and hope they come.
What can I do about this.
We have no computer, no television or phone now for 4 days and not sure if I book another day off if they will show since they demand you wait the whole day for them.
Can you help me out.

billing for returned item

House in Parry Sound put up for sale August 2016. Service cancelled. Bill paid in full September 7/16 account #[protected].
Contacted by Cogeco for return of digital box, digital box retrieved and mailed with expedited mailing label provided by Cogeco, by first week in October/16.
January 2017 received invoice for digital box. Contacted Cogeco to tell them it was returned.
Started getting collection calls September 2017. Contacted Cogeco again about return of digital box. Collection calls stopped.
Collection calls started again Fall of 2018. Have made numerous attempts to contact Cogeco...on hold 25minutes plus, transferred on hold again, repeat, repeat...
Wrote complaint on the website. Return email said to contact another department.
This digital box was returned as per Cogeco instructions. We cannot seem to get through to ANYONE to resolve this.
Please clear this account. We owe you nothing!

customer support: technician cancelled/missed appointments

Technician did not show up during scheduled time. When I called Cogeco to check on the status of the technician, I was told that no one was home so the technician was not able to resolve my internet issue. That statement was 100% false; I was home and I have a security system that alerts me when someone enters my property! The technician clearly did not attempt to come to my house. When I asked Cogeco to provide proof that the technician attempted to come to my house, I was told that was a privacy issue and they couldn't/ wouldn't do that! I then rescheduled the service call. At the time of the reschedule time, I received a call stating that my call was bumped for a commercial account (I have residential service). Clearly Cogeco doesn't value all customers equally! I have without internet service for 5 days with no end in site. I'm very dissatisfied with their technical support.

credit on my account not received

I have a credit on my account (account #[protected]) of $46.18 and have been calling 4-5 times to receive this. Always being told that it is on its way - what a terrible way to treat a customer! I have been waiting for 8 months now!!! Unbelievable! Worse customer service for a company! Very dissapointed and will never be a cogeco customer again! Will you just frieken send my cheque out already!!!

cable channels

upgraded to the Hollywood pkg. for six dollars a month then I lost the movie encore channels 785-786 was told of change took effect nov1 2018 if I wanted it back on it would cost 4 dollars per mth. when I talked to a technician at cogeco. he told me I should have been grandfathered in because it was part of my pkg tranfered me to billing were they said nothing they can do if I wanted the channels back I would have to pay for them I said for the fun of it how much after 10 minutes waiting they said 8 dollars a month for the channels I said I was quoteded 4 dollars per mth for those channels that I already pay for put me on hold for another 15 minutes and then came back and said they could do it for 4dollars a mth. but I had to make up my mind right away what games are these people playing I feel very abused by a system that its take it or leave it policy being a elder pensioner I may just call a lawyer. to see my rights this company gets away with this because there is no other competition in this area I just want back what I paid for give me my two channels back that are supposed to be in my pkg. thank you...

lack of information to customer

On November 13, 2018 Cogeco installed a home phone and cable internet at my home located at 14 Springbank...

no customer service

I have never hated a company like I despise Cogeco, and that includes Bell and Rogers. I put in for a "simple" seasonal disconnect, yet month after month after month, call after call after call, I am still connected and the money comes out of my account every month.

Calls, in which you are on hold endlessly, go nowhere. Every single one "swears" this will be taken care of. I get their names, their bag numbers ... all to no avail. It does not matter.

I have literally lost hours of my life to Cogeco, and the company could give a hoot. I'm forced to stay with them due to our location and have been a customer for 10 years. It's customer "service" has NEVER improved - in a decade! It's beyond terrible.

If you have ANY CHOICE go elsewhere, don't get sucked into the hell of Cogeco.

billing

I signed up with Cogeco at a home and garden show at Westbrooke Ont. I was given a promotion for a year that...

all of it

worst company I've ever had to deal with garbage customer service nobody is qualified to do their job I wa...

almost anything cogeco has a hand in.

All of the complaints re billing, service etc. are legit. Here is how I solved it. I use MagicJack for home...

poor installation times/lied to by technicians and service advisors

Extremely displeased and disgusted with service!. Myself and my father have been with cogeco for 10 loyal...

customer service / ticket escalation procedure

I had my service installed under the builders promo of 6 months free. Nothing is free I have spent 10 week...

billing error

cancelled my service 9 months ago, returned equipment, ( i have return receipt from canada post) cogeco started billing me for unreturned equipment almost $500. After numerous annoying calls to them they finally said they made corrections and credited back to my account . They just notified me they are sending to collections if not paid in 48 hours.

set up and billing

We have a new service installed in July and have had nothing but issues with the office . Initially we had no...

Burlington Products & Services

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices