Having problems with Afrihost?

+27 116 127 200 (Local Support)
+27 116 127 300 (International Support)
376 Rivonia Blvd
Thu7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Afrihost.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 05, 2020

Afrihost — Mailbox of [protected]@afrihost.co.za

To whom it may concern, I have been a client of afrihost for over 10 yrs now. I have never experienced any...

AfrihostAfrihost south Africa

Afrihost deducted the monthly amount from my bank account at the beginning of September 2020 but did not pay MTN hence my internet connection was discontinued. I sent a number of messages to indicate that I was discontinuing my contract with them and have stopped all further payments. I have since made other arrangements for my internet connection but Afrihost are still demanding payment for a service which they don't provide. I wish to have no further contact with them but they still invoice me. Is there any way to get them to stop .

AfrihostNew customer

Can you please phone me back as I have a problem with your Courier company Afrihost is using.

I was told by one of your sales consultants that I would have my sim card on Friday (Today) I got a call from your Courier company and they will not deliver the package today. What is going on here??? Who is lying to me??? Is this how Afrihost does business? Your whatsapp support people don't know the process with verifying the account.

I have now gotten an invoice from Afrihost for R325.73 and I don't even have any service yet from Afrihost.

I would like to speak to someone before I take this further to these people Paul Madondo
    Artur da Silva, Ronny Mgiba, Jacques du Toit, Corrie Armstrong, Mark Maritz, Carel Folscher
    ...
    Seeing nobody is interested in helping me I will be proceeding with a formal complaint to ICASA's Consumer Protection Unit (https://www.icasa.org.za)

AfrihostLow quality Internet connection

A rock has more support then afrihost staff. The technical department cant even log a support ticket to octotel without messing that up as well.
      I have phoned them everyday for the last month and no one can help me.

My internet is slow and I cant even think of using the internet after 7 pm.
      I get up to 10% packet loss and internet ping spike till over a 1000ms.

By the way this is pure internet joy!!!

Low quality Internet connection

AfrihostOpenserve installation / afrihost not calling back

Contract with Afrihost.
        Openserve installation: Openserve not willing to take responsibility to replace the paving to original state after trenching. Not willing to take responsibility to ensure other services are not damaged.

Afrihost: Requested Afrihost to please call me and explain telephonically one of the technical feedback mails from Openserve forward from Afrihost to me. No call received. Have to follow up about daily as I dont receive feedback. Eventually requested process of cancellation the contract.

Is there any other fibre provider that is willing to ensure the paving that they lift is just put back to the original state? And secondly that can ensure that no other damage is done to other services? Are they willing to put it in writing for body corporate approval purposes that they will take care of the above when trenching? Any fibre provider that is willing to take responsibility for their work?

AfrihostFibre line down once a month with no warning, explanation or support

since the commencement of my Fibre line contract with Afrihost, I have received nothing but a lack of service.

There has been a Fibre line outage for 3-4 days at least once every month.

Recently and as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, I was forced to confront the issue as I now work from home.

As a small business, have lost more in the past 2 weeks and my business has been crippled because I rely on my connection to keep in touch with my clients. When I bring this to their attention, they show a complete lack of empathy and simply scapegoat TT Connect for the break in fibre. That, or they simply ignore requests for support, keep me on the phone for hours and promise to phone back, but don't even have the courtesy to return my calls.

This is the worst experience of my life. Afrihost has, in the literal sense of the phrase, taken food out of my mouth.

I am disappointed and frustrated and I do not recommend them as a a reliable, transparent and ethical service provider.

May 21, 2020

Afrihost — Unethical overcharging

We are private domestic users in Rondebosch Cape Town. At the end of April, (almost a month ago) quite by...

Afrihostfixed lte

I absolutely disgusted with the service I received from Afrihost.

We have a Mobile LTE account and have been out of service since the 1st April 2020.

I have been on the phone with 8 different people at the call centre over the last two weeks and all I get is empty promises and apologies.

I have paid the R799 for the service, wrote and left messages for the management who don't even have the decency to contact me back.

Here is the problem, I'm still without internet, and no it's not a slow connection " I have non "

It's the 10th today and I have subsequently cancelled this account, and managed to get internet from another service provider.

I'm sitting with 398 gigs on this account which I'm unable to access and obviously not use due to the time limitation end of April.

I would like for the R799 to be paid back to me, as this service has now become useless to me.

Afrihostkept giving them my address. so after several calls they still did not have my correct address.

E mail my Tswane electrical bill but still haven't heard anything . ???

Mar 04, 2020

Afrihost — internet connectivity

I have logged over 7 complaints with afrihost about connectivity issues, which they have to escalate to...

Afrihostfibre

We had a 10mbps download and upload line, but struggled with buffering after 5pm, then upgraded to the 20Mbps package to try and remedy the problem, buffering is even worse, logged numerous tickets, did numerous tests on your request and still no improvement, you claim your packages are uncapped, but I am convinced you throttle us or you do not have sufficient broadband, goodness what else do we need to do to get this fixed? You came highly recommended, but I am not satisfied with your service at all. Please my money does not buffer into your account when it comes to paying on time, your service is below standard, if you are interested in solving our problem please contact my husband on [protected]

Jan 08, 2020

Afrihost — customer service

I really hope someone at Afrihost is reading this. My internet went down on 26 October 2019. I reported thi...

Afrihostfixed wireless

really disappointed by Afrihost its just a bunch of lies.
                  I bought fixed wireless. what they call plug and play you can move with it around but then I realised its not true every time you move the device around you have to phone them to unlock the device and connect it to the new location.
                  then they said don't worry you can reach us 7 days a week, our whatssapp team is available until 8 pm so we can connect your device but its another lye because Friday 4 pm WhatsApp is off line, call centre the same ...
                  Saturday same story still no one to contact ..all lines off ...
                  Afrihost is just waste of money and pure lye

Afrihostafrihost/fiber

Our internet just stopped working on the 11th of November 2019 at 11:00. I phone Afrihost and it was confirmed that there is a problem with the line. A call was logged. I phoned again this morning and another call was logged. I have just spoken to several consultants who says that the Technician must first establish a few things before they can look at the problem. This is already the second day? How long does that take?
                    I could not work for 2 days already and my daughter has got online exams to finish. Now I'm told that I have to wait. This is ridiculous. I have to work and lost 2 days already.

Nov 05, 2019

Afrihost — unethical behavior and bad business practices

I've called on numerous occasions regarding the same matter. When I signed up I requested to be debited on...

Nov 04, 2019

Afrihost — it

The afrihost structure was easy and straight forward until they added security where an account is getting...

Oct 29, 2019

Afrihost — internet fibre down - call logged - no resolution

Fibre line down 2 weeks now. Logged call and was told TT line down & that it would be reported. Follow up...

Oct 22, 2019

Afrihost — lte mobile data

Afrihost cheats their clients out of data and charge you extra. I am unable to see how much data I have used...

Afrihostreleasing our line

AFrihost really has the worst customer service and don't deliver at all. We had a fiber line with them. Firstly we did not get service in terms of internet as they advertised.

We have decided to cancel our line with them and continue with a new provider. However in order for this Afrihost needs to release our line. It has been more than a week and we have been calling and fighting for them to release our line and to date they have still failed in doing so.

They do not call or put in any effort to resolve any problems and we have to call them, email them and to date we still have had no luck in having our line released!!!

Afrihostfiber

We have tried to cancel my Afrihost account since 1Jule with big promises to have a time to help us offered month free just to experience the same poor connection with being forced to pay for a another month. After paying and waiting for another month to cancel now we can't move to a new service provider because Afrihost refuses to remove there line.
                        Now we stuck without internet for 7 days already after following their procedure and just to support or effort to have this resolved.