Menu
McDonald's
reviews & complaints

McDonald's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2154 complaints
399 resolved 1755 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of McDonald's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Upon traveling 2 weekends in a row we stopped at both of these McDonald Restaurants locations and experienced the absolute worst service every recieved. Both drive-thru and indoor service was pittyful. They were so slow for a so called "fast food" restaurant that you have lost my entire family as customers. The hot items were recieved cold and the cold...

7:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Due to my kids, we go to your store frequently. But this time I was very very dissappointed. I bought 2 No.7 trios, 1 mini mac and 2 snack wrap. The amount should be "(5.99*2 + 1.99 + 1.99 +1.99)+tx = 17.95+tx = 20.26$. But the bill was 20.72$. I asked their manager, he told me that computer would always be right and never made mistake. When I third time...

1:11 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

For the attention of the HR department – subject grievance Employee no. 02121457 Dear Sirs I am making this complaint as a former member of staff from Donnington McDonalds in Telford. I would like to raise the issue of the treatment I received whilst I was working at this restaurant when I was under your employment. I have worked for McDonalds for over...

B
9:38 pm

McDonald's - rude employee

Today I went to McDonald's to get my whole family dinner and no one else wanted to go with me.I work at a fast food restaurant and I know how frustrating it is when people have huge orders in drive throughs so I went inside to order.I ordered two #3's all with Coke, a #1 with a Dr. Pepper, two McDouble's, two McChickens, two large fries, 2 XL Coke's and two large Oreo McFlurry's.

I expected it to take a while to receive since it was a big order.I got the order sooner than I thought I would but there were no McChickens and only one large fry.I went up to the employee and kindly told her the situation and she said "Ha yeah right, just go home!"I told her again the situation and she just stared at me like I was crazy.I asked to speak to the manager and she got the manager for me.

It took a while for the manager to come out because the employee I guess told her that I called her a ### and that she should go to hell.The manager said "Hello ma'am please don't talk to our employees that way!"I explained to her what happened and how I had missing items and she goes "Well still please don't talk to an employee like that!"I told her I didn't say anything to her except that I had items missing.

The employee started yelling at me from behind the counter and calling me names.The manager is just standing there giving me a dirty look and letting her employee talk to a customer like that.I got really mad and raised my voice saying "I want the items that I am missing and I want them now!I have been nothing but polite here."

The employee took someone else's order and the manager didn't do anything about it.I just walked off and went to another McDonald's to get another large fry and two McChickens and I told the cashier who was the manager what happened at the last one and she said "Yes ma'am that McDonald's is really messed up."Then she gave me all of it for free including the other stuff I ordered from the previous one because it was getting cold.

I won't be going back to that McDonald's ever again and stick to the one I went to afterwards!

T
Dec 22, 2010 8:04 am

even if you wanted to, you had a right to order it at the drive thru. There are plenty of people with huge orders...its not that big of a deal. Yes call corporate, though they probably won't do anything about it since no one does but at least get a refund. Mcdonalds always employs classless idiots and jerks...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I went to mcdonalds this morning to purchase a strawberry and banana smoothie. The clerk behind the counter handed us a yellowish drink with a red tint to it. After some debate she ensured that it was in fact the proper item. Upon arriving at work i tasted the product only to be unpleasantly greeted by the awful tart taste of lemonade with some...

G
5:03 pm

McDonald's - discrimination

I use to eat at this mcdonalds, but got tired of being harrassed & discriminated against. I stop eating there because they don't like to wait on africain american customer's. they are very rude.One time I went in there and had a Hundred dollar bill with me, The young man who was working the cash register refuse to take my money.He did not use the marker so you can determinewetheror not it was real.he told me he was"nt gonna take it.another time I use to be in there and see that every time Africain American customers come in the dinning room and eat they send someone out to sweep while thier eating right in the direction where thier eating.so they can get them to hurry up and leave.another incident happened where i ask for a cup of water and was givin water from the dirty faucet where the employees 's wash thier hands when i complained i was told to go down to the sonic resturant down the street.they look at you very very evil and when a africain american customer complains they call the police to punish them for complaining.I have since spoken with the owner and tried to go back in there but nothing has changed. how can you better help me.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom ever this may concern : July 28, 2010 Time: 11:11 I go to McDonalds on all most daily for French vanilla Iced coffees. I went in to the store spoke clearly to the cash tender telling her what I would like and also if they would make them a certain way. I asked for 3 and got 2. The Manager asked if I would like for him to ring up another one. I...

11:22 am

McDonald's - food and service

I am a vegetarian due to religious and emotional beliefs, and my and my friends consider Mcdonalds to be a treat, so we decided to pay a visit to the Evesham branch of Mcdonalds. I ordered a Spicy Veggie Deli meal. They served me and I sat down to enjoy my meal. I took a few bites, thinking it tasted rather strange, so I asked my friends what they thought. It turns out, they had served me Chicken. I was, obviously, very distressed so we went to complain. They did not even give me and apology, then, when I asked for a refund, the manager said she couldn't give me one. They were not treating us with respect, and we belive this is because of our age, as I am only 15 years old. I was extremely angry and carried on asking until she gave me a refund, when they didn't even refund me for the whole meal. I am extremely angry and upset as this will also lead to physical implications. Me and my friends vow to never visit Mcdonalds again and we will be writing to head office.

5 comments
Apr 05, 2010 7:04 am

I noticed Mickey D's has a habit of closing the local branch 15 minutes ahead of the actual scheduled closing time (11pm). This same branch also switches the apple turnover order for cherry when it gets near closing time and they probably have a lot of cherry flavored pies leftover. They also shut down the milk shake machine early too. On one sandwich I bought, you could see the cheese slice sticking out of the edge. Upon closer inspection when opening the bun, one finds there is only half a slice. Seems they think they can get over at the drive through with little tricks like this. I might add that this same branch is the only one I had ever gotten sick on more then one occasion. Needless to say, I dont go there anymore. Old US30 and Hilcrest Dr in Wooster, OH.

N
Jun 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I believe the Evesham Mcdonalds is one of the worst in the country. You only have to look at what they pay their staff ( minimum wage and/or 5 pence over) and the extremely hot and busy working conditions there to see how unloyal and unfair the franchise is...
It is not even run by McDonalds - therefore it doesn't follow all their standards. As a franchise, they create their own rules which differ somewhat to McDonalds' Restaurants as a company..

D
Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Two weeks ago me and my family went to McDonalds Jordan, Mecca branch... we were surprised to find bad potato chips in my daughter's happy meal! we took the potato to one of the Mc. team and she ansered that it is normal .. and she said SHALL I EAT IT?! it was really a bad answer. i have attched the pictures of the potato..

We have been attending McDonalds since our childhood... but now ther will be other choises on our list appart from Mc. i will never visit MC. again. please see pic. it was real disappointing

cell1: [protected]
cell2: [protected]
land: [protected]
email: [email protected]

Jul 30, 2010 9:15 pm

How did you not see the chicken? You don't deserve respect when i am positive you didn't treat them with any. You are 15, go eat some crackers and shut up.

Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

I don't find the local mcdonalds at fault here. You should of checked your food before eating it cause they would of corrected the order.

N
1:04 am

McDonald's - india winner of £1,000,000.00

McDonald's Incorporation
PO box 1010, Liverpool
L70 1NL, United Kingdom.

Batch: 24/00319/IPD

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that you have won Ј1, 000, 000.00 British Pounds prize money from the Annual 2010 McDonald's Lottery promotion which was organized by the McDonald's Incorporation, United States in conjunction with the World Wide Web email system company's i.e. Microsoft, yahoo, gmail & custom mails. A random selection was made from these company's consisting of 12(TWELVE) Winners from 6 (SIX) different Continent, These company had combined and provided a software for McDonald in which 12 ACTIVE email address was chosen. This software randomly picked all the 12 email address of different individual that are active online among millions that subscribed to Hotmail, Yahoo, G-mail and other various Windows Users, McDonald's has chosen 12 Winners through electronic balloting system without the winner applying for this award.

These are your Identification Number:-
(*) Nationality: India
(*) Region: Asia
(*) Reference Number: XYL/26510460037/05
(*) Batch Number: 24/00319/IPD
(*) Winning Number: YM/09788
(*) Lottery Held: Liverpool, United Kingdom
(*) Month Held: July 22TH, 2010

To File for your claim, please contact our payment/release order officer below :-
Please contact:-
- COUNTRY:-
- WINNING DETAILS:-
PAYMENT APPROVAL PROCESS:
-------------------------
Submitted Form will be manually verified and processed by the assigned Claims Manager. The Processing of your form will be completed within the next 24 hours of receiving your LOTTERY CLAIMS APPLICATION FORM-C. You will receive an update on the status of your application once completely processed.
DENIAL OF APPLICATION:
---------------------
Please be informed that the following listed Country have been banned from participating in the lottery. South Africa, Nigeria, and if you are a resident of the listed country you cannot file claims for this lottery prize. Please delete this Notification, as your prize processing will be annulled without notice.
Once again, accept our congratulations on your prize winning. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

Congratulations from me and members of staff of the THE McDonald's Lottery.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Robert DandyLocks
Online coordinator
(Sweepstakes International Program)
The McDonald's Incorporation
PO Box 1010, Liverpool
L70 1NL, United Kingdom.
====================================
2010 McDONALD'S ONLINE PROMOTIONS. All rights reserved. Offer valid to winners who are at least 18 years of age. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to claim winning prize. See web site for details. You will need to meet all of the steps to redeem as outlined in the Terms & Conditions before you can receive your promotional prizes. To receive this promotion, you must: 1) submit email and mailing address information 2) select one of the option listed for receiving prize 3) check your email inbox for "Redemption Notification" 4) follow Redemption instructions. You can unsubscribe from our promotional updates. © McD Inc ®

7:12 am

McDonald's - parking charge notice

Received a parking charge notice from MET Parking services of £50.00 when parked in McDonalds car park in which I was using their facilities, I met up with my mother and daughter in which I had not seen for a very long time so thought that time eating in a restaurant would not be restricted to how long we were in there having a bite to eat. I never left the premises in the 109 minutes I was there and feel that this notice should of not been given. Can I point out I live in Dorking Surrey so Middlesex is very new to me so not knowing the area I did not realize there was a time limit you could park there.

I hope you can help me out with this matter and look forward to your reply

Kind regards,
RH4 2NR

L
1:41 am

McDonald's - bad chicken nuggets

Went to the drive-up and ordered 10 McNuggets. They were dry, chewy, cold, and the crust wasn't crisp. These criteria indicate to me the nuggets were old.

Shame on fast food restaurants (especially drive-through service) that pawn off the stale, cold food that was cooked ahead and not sold to peole that will probably not complain.

I guess they get away with it most of the time, because the patron has already driven off by the time he/she discovers it isn't fresh.

Jul 14, 2014 6:59 pm

McDonald's is a FRANCHISE operation, and the person who holds the franchise is the person who is liable for any problems with the product which exits their drive up window OR their in store counter . I personally eat at McDonalds several times each week(breakfast, as well as lunch.) I have purchased the Chicken McNuggets myself many times, and have YET to get any that were not done, or any that were dried out. I would however suspect that wherever it happened the incident should be reported to the local FOOD SERVICE PROVIDERS INSPECTION BODY of the County Board of Health. If they find violations of the existing food service laws the franchise holder will be CITED.

T
2:08 am

McDonald's - whats going on

I would like to know who keeps tabs on what goes on at the mcdonalds in samoa. So many times that I go there to get a soft serve the icecream is truely soft and served to you in a cup with the cone perched on top. If I wanted liquid I would order a shake. On a weekly basis, if you order any burger or chicken wrap that has lettuce, you will get either a burger full of cabbage or a mixture of cabbage and lettuce. If they run out of fries, they then serve you their own version, which are much thicker than normal fries. I went there tonight and recieved a big mac which was full of cabbage, fries that were not fries and a coke that had been sitting there for only God knows how long because all the ice was melted. I went with my children 2 days ago for a cone, needed to use the restroom and found that I couldnt because they were busy tiling the restroom. They are trying to renovate and at the same time keep the place open, therefore the place is dirty, dusty and no airconditioning, to sum up the place is a pathetic excuse for a mcdonalds and I am totally sick of putting up with it. I have complained many times but it goes nowhere. Also twice now, I have been waiting in the drive through and have seen a particular staff member wiping his face with the serviettes and then leave them on the counter for the next person too unknowingly put them in someones food bag. I told them and they just looked at me, like there was nothing wrong and they pre-make so many burgers that then sit there for ages. Surely there is a time limit on how long food products can sit there. Anyway, this has been going on for so long now, that I as a consumer am sick and tired of it and want something done about it. This mcdonalds has to be one of the most pathetic mcdonalds that exists. Please do your job and do something about this or we the consumers will have to see where we can take our worries and believe me, there are many of us here that have had more than enough of this place. So, please, please help us make them abide by the standards that all franchises are suposed to abide by. I would appreciate a reply from you asap, letting me know what you are going to do. Thankyou for your time.

3 comments
E
Sep 02, 2007 12:00 am

I am waiting in line for 20 min. to get my order taken. The help are slow! No one seems to care.
The high chairs are not clean there is food and drinks dried on the sides of the chair and there
is no changing table in the restroom. It needs some attention . Thank you.

Sorry hate spell check the food is only there for 20 minutes or less

C

I worked at mcdonalds and we throw away food that has been made for i love you more then 20 minutes and we keep the food hot in a oven. But your mcdonalds sounds like they need help

10:18 am

McDonald's - they refuses to acknowledge the poor performance of their manager

MACDONALDS in niagara falls, ny refuses to acknowledge the poor performance of their manager named nadjia. headquarers has refused to address this problem hich has been ongoing for abourt two months now. I get along famously with other members of her family, but this individual does not seem to appreciate my input about her performance, and this may be the reason for her incomprehensible behavior.

K
8:14 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I don't know how, or with what, McDonald's makes their iced mochas, but I tried one over the weekend and had a severe allergic reaction. I am not allergic to any sort of nuts, etc. However, about 1/3 of the way through the mocha I started sneezing violently, for 5 minutes straight, with the longest break between sneezes being 20 seconds. My eyes watered and...

G
5:17 pm

McDonald's - the place was absolutely filthy, dirty tables, food all over the floor, the drink station and ketchup dispenser were disgusting

Recently the old McDonalds location in Mexico MO was closed and just a few feet away a brand new one opened. I had not had time to take my son to check out the new one (opened last fall). While out the other evening after a late school function, we decided to give it a try and check out the inside! Outside looks great, new and fresh and retro. Inside...still retro to an extent but HOLY COW! The place was absolutely filthy, dirty tables, food all over the floor, the drink station and ketchup dispenser were disgusting. There was obviously not a staffing issue, the young man that waited on us was very nice but the others working with him were standing around laughing and having a good time. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for work being a good time as well but when there are at best maybe 6 customers in the whole place and it is a brand new location and looks like a garbage dump...YUCK. Do any adults work there at all? Who is in charge? I had ordred my food for dine in but we left instead, leary of the food even then. This really wasn't what I had expected at all and when I said something to the kids standing around they said, Oh, OK, and just kept talking. Maybe the kid in making out with his girlfriend in the corner booth was the supervisor? Not something I need or want my 7 year old to witness as he eats his dinner in a "family" place. Don't think I'll be going back anytime soon, if at all!

7:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a Disabled Navy Veteran and College graduate who finally got a 12 hr per week minimum wage job (after nearly 2 years of being unemployed)at McDonalds only to be given no (Zero) hours work over the past month. This, while the Manager (Black) has hired at least 4 new employees (black) and given them 20 hrs or more per week. I need this job to keep from...

10:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to McDonalds for lunch with my kids, sister, nieces and parents. When my dad and I were at the counter and my kids and nieces were sitting at a table, seven middle school girls went up to my kids and dumped their trash on our table. My oldest daughter (17 years old) got up and took the trash back to the bullies but the group just laughed at her. Then...

7:04 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

McDonald's - custome survey, receipt information

1. Went to McDonalds' at Wal-Mart in Mount Pearl, NL (Merchant Dr)

2. Decided to do the customer survey on line

3. When I did I could not see any of the numbers that I needed to put into the computer, because of the grease on the recepit.

4. Was upset because I could not complete because the number were wore off from the grease. My children love McDonalds, so I thought that
I would enter the survey to see if I could win the weekly prize.

5. Would like to suggest to McDonald that if you want people to take part in your surveys, please make sure that the paper that you print the recipt on does not take the numbers off when they come in contact with grease.

6. I trust that I wil be hearing from you soon

S
Sep 11, 2014 7:13 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree... this has happened to me more then once..usually low ink not making part of the receipt readable, other times was smudged in any case. Could not fill out survey..

Another complaint is..using the survey number on the order cancels out this order for taking the survey..says on top in large black letters PROMO where the order number should be.why ? After all still went to your establishment, received service and spent money..guess need to do two orders when using this number with the additional order..

12:11 pm

McDonald's - horrible work experience! avoid, avoid, avoid!

Worked in this hellhole during the summer of 2009. Worst decision of my life. I always thought this particular McDonald's made especially good food, so maybe they would provide a positive work atmosphere.

I don't think "positive" is in these people's vocabulary. Actually, calling them "people" would be a compliment. These subhuman beasts, likely denizens of the ninth circle of hell, prey upon the souls of their "Team Member" underlings. Whoever had the nerve to call the cashiers, drive-through runners, and deep-frier operators a member of a "Team" probably has a brain disorder. The only "Team" in McDonald's is comprised of the hellspawn managers. On my second day of training, a shift manager named Robin told me to "pick up those [expletive]ing fries." What a lovely team atmosphere! You can cut the love here with a knife! Oh wait, that's not love, that's oppression.

Then there was Tina. Oh man. Whenever I set foot in that door to work and saw Tina bossing people around I knew it was going to be a rotten day. Ugh. Evil incarnate. Harpy queen. [censor]atron 9000. Call her the nastiest name you can think of, and you're nowhere NEAR the evil this woman exhibits on a secondly basis. From flipping off her own kids to insulting new workers, this lady a living, breathing reason to call in sick. To top it all off, she looked kind of like the girl I liked in high school (who, looking back, was also a [censor]atron 9000), but aged roughly 600 years.

Then there was Shelley. I can't tell for the LIFE of me what gender he/she was. Sounded like a guy, looked like a guy, was referred to as a "she." Questionable gender aside, he/she/it was one of the nicer managers.

The only nice people there were the Mexicans. Anyone who claims to hate Mexicans needs to meet the ones here. They were laid back and generally friendly. If the Mexicans at the other McDonalds' across the nation are anything like these guys, I demand a promotion campaign.

In short: PLEASE STAY AWAY. Good food, but these horrible managers do not deserve your money and CERTAINLY don't deserve the work of those looking for a productive environment to earn some cash in.

Jul 19, 2016 10:17 pm

I still work here.

I deal with favoritism, unprofessionalism, and just bad communication. Best managers here are Carrie, Kody, Bri Justin and David.
I work overnight shift and I am desperately trying to find a different job.
Training was ok.

A coworker badmouthed me to another coworker. FOR NO REASON. Then another coworker badmouthed me to a MANAGER. How is this ok?!

12:54 pm

McDonald's - undelivered

My team ordered foods from McDonald's (Bel-Air, Makati) 11:15pm. They are supposed to deliver it 30-45 minutes to our office which is just a block away. Our break schedule is 1:00am but the foods were not yet delivered and me and my teammates are already starving extending our break. We cancelled our order instead. They did not even apologize. What a BS! We ate around 1:45am. McDonald's really pisses us off. This is the first time we ordered something we did not get. We will order pizza and other foods not from McDonald's anymore.

McDonald's contacts