Menu
Boston Market
reviews & complaints

Boston Market
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

148 complaints
2 resolved 146 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Boston Market. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
7:07 pm EDT

Boston Market - Food service

I had ordered food delivery from the Boston Market on Boston Road Springfield Ma. I got a call back from there saying that they didnt have my food that i ordered so i cancelled the order. Door dash was delivering it which is fine the door dasher understood why i cancelled the order. I told the person i talked to on the phone from boston market i would like to get my money back to my debit card and he said that was fine he was going to do that right away. The order was for 27.96 I still have not seen the money back on my card because that is a lot of money to pay for food and not receive it. Can you please contact me back with a solution I really need that 27.96 back. Thank you

Signed

Lori Moody

Desired outcome: refund

8:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just came from the Boston Market off of Sheridan and 92nd. This was actually the FORTH time I have walked in that restaurant and there were three young Hispanic guys working at the front counter. Only one of them actually seemed to be working. I patiently waited, saw there was no spinach nor mashed potatoes. VERY MUCH the usual there... NO, we don't have...

P
12:50 pm EDT

Boston Market - Food

Used to be a family favorite but they've discontinued everything that was worth going there for to order. The food is terrible, and they frequently don't have the work force to keep it going; they've virtually given up. Time to close the doors permanently and let another company buy the buildings to offer decent food. I don't see the Boston Markets ever coming back again; they've just given up what built their popularity in the first place.

Desired outcome: I don't expect anything anymore. I hung in there hoping for a long time, but I'm just done with them now.

11:03 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Compre pollo Ayer y hasta el dia de hoy estoy malo me dio infection y no se que mas quiero me resuelvan esto pues estoy perdiemdo trabajo y pague doctor a mi Correo [protected]@gmail.con o Al tel [protected]. Boston chicken lawndale

2:13 pm EDT

Boston Market - covid propaganda

i actually enjoy Boston market and like eating inside whenever they have staff. However im getting sick and tired of hearing the covid safety protocol over the sound system...Covid is still here and mask, vaccines and social distancing haven't stopped it.. If i continue to hear it i will stop eating there..This particular restaurant is in Mentor Ohio but im sure its nationwide

Desired outcome: stop playing it on a continuous loop

1 comment
Jun 23, 2022 2:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

depending on your state/county they might be mandatory or not. if they are not mandatory then it is upto the discretion of the corporate/franchise/store location. as for the PA announcement is required higher up the chain of the company. i am on the county bus in my area and it still goes off here, though its not mandatory.

"Covid is still here and mask, vaccines and social distancing haven't stopped it" um true but that is because some have not [by choice or miss information] been vaccinated or don't wear a mask [it is a choice to wear one but public safety should be considered]. this is manly from information that we know about how viruses work. transmission is by accidental spread that has been verified by many sources in the virology field.

J
11:56 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So went to go to your store on route one in saugus mass, got there at 9:33 and sign on door and telephone message when you call say open till 10:00 as I said got there at 9:33 after reffing kids football that thursday 6/9/22 and it is closed with 3 employees telling me they are closed. I called yesterday at 1:00 to ask the manager why if the door say...

A
8:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

on may 28th 2022 i purchased a half chicken meal for my 76 year old mother and the chickeen was half done very disappointed

J
7:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Boston Market - Your new "sweet thai garlic chicken" very tasty but the word "spicy" should be added to the discription.

I am a frequent customer at our Boston Market in Tamarac on University Drive. Really like the food and especially the coupons. I'm a senior citizen so the coupons are really helpful. Anyway, today I bought the "Sweet Thai Garlic Chicken" dinner for myself and my daughter. It is very tasty BUT it should also say that it is spicy. Many people do not like or are unable to tolerate spicy food. It just needs to say,"Sweet Spicy Thai Garlic Chicken".

Thank you for taking this under consideration. It will save you some headaches and complaints.

Desired outcome: A change in the description of the chicken.

G
11:51 am EDT

Boston Market - Food not ready

The Boston Market here in Brandon, FL opens at 11:00AM. I went there to get a couple of Pot Pies. I arrived at 11:15AM and ordered them. I was told they were not ready. I asked; Don't you open at 11:00? And aren't the food items supposed to be ready at 11:00AM when you open? She responded that they had to thaw them out and cook them and it would be 20 minutes.

I left and went to KFC right down the street. There's were ready and delicious.

Desired outcome: Explanation as to why food items weren't ready when the store opened. Is this a regular occurrence?

W
2:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Boston Market - I repaired 2 roofs, approved by Melissa Hardin, Regional Mgr. Have not been paid.

I repaired 2 roofs after I received the "go ahead" from Melissa Hardin. Melissa and her boss, Mousa, approved my invoice and said the check would be sent. They are not returning texts, emails, or phone calls and the check has not arrived. The repairs were for a location on Shadeland Ave (Indianapolis) and another location on US 31 in Greenwood, Indiana. This is my first repairs done for Boston Market and it's not a good relationship at this point. I did EVERYTHING requested of me. I have the emails confirming my estimate for service AND my final invoice. I'd appreciate ANY help with this. I've called multiple numbers to corporate to no avail. Please return my calls at: [protected]. This is Wayne A. Radous, Jr. Owner of Integrity Construction Solutions. Thank you

Desired outcome: To be paid for my services

3:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a complete family meal with two family chickens and you can see the product I received. Basically 1 and 1/2 chicken.

P
12:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

5/3/2022 cooked and opened. There is no meat at all in the package. The Beef Potroast frozen dinner was purchased approximately 4/29/22 at Publix at Tradition in Port St Lucie, FL 34953.

5:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store# 2272 Irving, Tx 75038 Order ID# AAAMZKQNAEAB (I have no idea who this person is, but this was on my receipt. Today April 1, 2022, at 10:47 am, I ordered a 1/2 White Thai Chicken 2 sides and a drink. My total was 19.79. So I ask the very nonchalant older African American man with the grey goatee why was my bill so high? I was told that the white meat...

O
7:00 pm EDT

Boston Market - Boston market on central Avenue Scarsdale, New York

My family and I have been to this Boston market and other locations many times, but have never been treated with disrespect and incompetence, until today. The server raised his voice at me and spoke rudely to me, because I asked him to change my order about a minute after placing it originally. The cashier wouldn’t give me eating utensils or napkins. She also told me that Boston market doesn’t have water and therefore she is not giving me a paper cup. The server contacted her and told her to give me a cup, but only a small size. She gave me 1 cup although I ordered 3 meals. I had to point it out to her in order to have a drink. The place was disorganized and unsupervised. This is the last time we are going to visit this specific location.

W
11:25 am EDT

Boston Market - Dining room hours

Friday night about 6:30 we visited the restaurant on Friendly Ave. in Greensboro, NC. After we had ordered our dinners and paid for them, we noticed that the dining room was blocked off with chairs and an employee was mopping. We asked what the deal was, and the cashier said "We close at 8:00 and the dining room needs cleaning.". We had no choice but to take our food to go. Also, my chicken pot pie had very little chicken in it. We will not be back.

5:50 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Happened 2-6-22 at @ 6PM. Ordered dinner from DoorDash. Got a call from the driver who was at the location, and he stated that the restaurant was out of corn and they didn't have the family brownie I ordered. What family restaurant runs out of corn? I advised him to just get me a credit, as I was hungry and wanted my food. Order arrived late and was left on...

H
2:15 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We need to file a class-action lawsuit against this company. they are refusing to give a refund and they will let it go past the 30 days and will lie and tell us we don't have your information or it's not on their computer. What liar.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had gotten three of these frozen dinners there were no potatoes and the beef steak on two was like stones one was just breading

View 0 more photos
T
2:14 pm EST

Boston Market - Catering Order

Hello,

We placed a catering order for our company Christmas Party with the local Boston Market in Charlotte NC. We were told our food would be delivered between 6:30-6:45pm on Saturday December 11, 2021. However, Doordash delivered the food and delivered it after 7pm. The food was cold and we did not have any plates, napkins, serving utensils or silverware. We had to go purchase those items for our employees. We called to put in a complaint that evening and was told that someone from Boston Market would be calling us back that evening but haven't heard back from anyone. As a matter of fact, we have tried reaching out several times throughout the week with either a busy signal or just to be told a manager would have to call us back to speak about this. We are definitely disappointed as this was suppose to be a fun company Christmas party and it was a disaster. We would like to go about getting a full refund. Can someone please contact Melissa Falcone (owner) or Tracy Oxendine (Administrative Assistant) for Falcone Crawl Space to help us resolve this?

Our order number: [protected]

We can be reached between 7-5 Monday-Thursday this week at [protected].

Kindly,

Desired outcome: Full refund

View 0 more photos
B
1:17 pm EST

Boston Market - catering

I ordered a Thanksgiving catering service for my family ([protected]). It cost almost 400 dollars. One of the family is a cancer patient, a detail I will soon dive deeper into. On the morning of the order, I called to confirm the time of 12:15-12:30. Well this time came and went. Then 1 then 1:30. I called the Boston Market hotline to find out the status and they said it was on the way and to call Doordash number they gave me. When I rang that number, they said the order had been canceled. I then called Boston Market back and they said they couldn't do anything for me for 3-5 days. My husband, the cancer patient, as well as two elderly parents, were all on medication that needed to be taken with food. We were sitting there for several hours with no food and Boston Market couldn't even refund the close to 400 dollars I'd spent. I am thoroughly disgusted with Boston Market. They tried to blame Door Dash but they can't do anything because the order originated from you all. All I know is that we needed to consider frozen pizzas for Thanksgiving. I am letting my friends know never to bother with Boston Market any longer!

Desired outcome: Refund the order

1 comment
C
May 20, 2022 7:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Went to my local store to find, they had no turkey just dried out chicken, stale corn muffin, no gravy for the potatoes. I checked on line to make sure they were open till10pm. So you runout of food at 5 snd stay open. Threw it in the garbage. Never again !

Boston Market contacts