Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

spin cycle won't empty all water

Maytag atlantis MAV8600 won't pump all the water out when spinning. Replaces pump, belt and pivot...

dishwasher is junk

Bought a Maytag Quiet Series 300 at Home Depot. Worked okay but a year and a half it died. The problem is in the power switches. I am an engineer by proffession. I should have done some research before I bought it - but hey, our last dishwasher lasted 15 years and it still worked when I replaced it. Matag ought to be penalized for making crap. Not acceptable! From now on I will do my homework and Maytag will never be a part of that equation.

• Kl
    kleanns Mar 29, 2009

Ours will be 3 years old this coming August. It did the same thing last week. Just died on us...now we are having to buy a new one. This is not okay, these things are supposed to last for years. Crap!!!

• Pf
    pft May 26, 2009

Mine has lasted one month. They sent out a repair person that could not fix. They order the part to fix it and they were to come back a week and a half later. Called me the AM of the Appt and said the part was backorded for 4 weeks. Recieved the wrong panel and they overnighted the same wrong panel again. Now I am on hold with maytag to get the right part sent to me. 20 minute and counting on hold.

sambud Jul 06, 2009

Mine just died as well- 2 yrs old- lights not working, wont start, all plugs working- it never cleaned right either. PIECE OF CRAP. And who the heck can afford a new one in this economy!!?? Never ever again will i even consider maytag!

• Mi
    Miss-mic Oct 31, 2009

I have one too and after a year it died. Control panel is faulty. They tell you it is under warantee for parts, however it cost 200 to install the control panel. JUNK!!!

neptune mah7500

Purchased a Maytag front load washer from SEARS in July 2005. There was always mold forming in it and a...

buyer beware

Maytag washer, model# SAV515DAWW crapped out on me after just 4 years, paying $500, less a $30 scratch fee. After checking out this washer online, i found out that many people had the same problem with the boot having to be replaced. we had waived our warranty because of the scratch but others had tried to get theirs repaired by repairmen only to get the run around by Maytag. Since, i found out that Maytag is now Whirlpool, so, BUYER BEWARE.

years ago i was given a Kenmore apt sized washer that hooks up to a faucet and it was about 20 years old already. Not having a washer i was happy to snap it up. After 9 years my husband replaced the pump, and we finally got a full sized washer from a jobsite he was working at and customer bought a new one... had that one for 4 years, go figure, pay full price and get less out of a new product, Maytag repairmen must be on vacation!! Now i found out my dryer needs a new ignition. My luck. I am off now to post a complaint about Perfect Flame Split Lid Grill. Good luck ya all!!

refrigerator model #mtb1956ge

I bought the above Maytag refrigerator May 2004. An auxiliary motor broke today and the food was no longer...

bad high speed bearin

washer is only 3 and half years old high speed bearin is gone... this is on the Neptune model #mah5500bww...

gas range

I bought a new Maytag gas range with dual ovens in 2004. It workedfine until this year. In June the broiler...

ice maker

I bought a Maytag Fridge...side by side about 8 years ago. I immediately began having problems with the ice maker. Mainly ice freezing on the "teeth", and not being able to eject the ice...it would make this noise that sounded like a geiger counter...or a really squeaky door. It was horrible. It was covered under warranty so I had it replaced. The second ice maker had the exact same problems. By that time my warranty had run out. I went on Ebay and found another brand new icemaker and installed it myself (it was exactly what I already had, still in the box). You guessed it...same problem..creaking noises, frozen ice on the teeth things. I called Maytag for the tenth time and complained...actuallly couldn't call, had to file a complaint on their website. They told me I needed to contact a Maytag service repair man. It's been an insane problem. Unbelievably annoying and Maytag could care less. As disappointing a purchase I have ever made.

less than 1 1/2 year old stove caught fire without being used

I purhcased a new Maytag stove in late summer 2007. In the early morning of Saturday October 4, my new Maytag stove started on fire! The stove had not been used since the previous afternoon and it started shooting flames up my kitchen wall! Fortunately there was a fire extinguisher nearby and I was able to put the fire out before any real damage was done to my home. I have notified Maytag, however, they have not responded. I realize I am past the 1 year warranty, but I do believe that something as serious as this needs to be addressed and I am entitled to some type of response at the very least. I am going to have to replace this stove at my own expense for something that is obviously poor workmanship in the control panel. I would think that Maytag would not want to be responsible for what perhaps in the future would be a deadly fire because of their product.

washing machine, poor service

Our 6 month old Maytag washing machine had some problems so we called the store that we bought it from for...

dryer is a lemon!

Piece Of Junk! Product/Service: Maytag Dryer 9/30/2008 Yelm WA I purchased a Maytag dryer in October of...

Yelm Appliances

not working properly

I bought a maytag washer that doesn't work properly and when I went the store and asked that I would like to...

Toronto Appliances

terrible quality products

Maytag washer, model# sav515daww crapped out on me after just 4 years, paying $500, less a $30 scratch fee. After checking out this washer online, I found out that many people had the same problem with the boot having to be replaced. We had waived our warranty because of the scratch but others had tried to get theirs repaired by repairmen only to get the run around by maytag. Since, I found out that maytag is now whirlpool, so, buyer beware.

Years ago I was given a kenmore apt sized washer that hooks up to a faucet, and it was about 20 years old already. Not having a washer I was happy to snap it up. After 9 years my husband replaced the pump and we finally got a full sized washer from a job site he was working at and customer bought a new one... Had that one for 4 years, go figure, pay full price and get less out of a new product, maytag repairmen must be on vacation!! Now I found out my dryer needs a new ignition. My luck. I am off now to post a complaint about perfect flame split lid grill. Good luck ya all!!

[Resolved] poorly manufactured

Would never buy this product ever again!! We purchased our maytag neptune washer 9700 model and dryer and...

never buying maytag again!!

I thought Maytag stood for quality...NO MORE! Do not waste your money as I have. I bought 3 appliances in 2002...a Neptune washer dryer set for over $1800 and a dishwasher for over $500. The Neptune washer replaced a 30 year old washer that had earned it's right to die!! In 2007 the Neptune washer (Model MAH5500BWW) motor control ciruit board died and the door gasket was badly molded...we were never notified about the class action suit on the gasket however. So to save labor, we ordered parts for $283 and installed them ourselves.

Currently, the Maytag dishwasher (Model MCD5100AWW) racks are corroding and literally falling apart. Maytag says they have no record of this problem and the racks are no longer under warranty. Cost of racks is almost half the dishwasher cost. I'm so disgusted. I think I'll be going back to handwashing my dishes and who knows...maybe there is a ringer washer in my future!!!

• Do
    dorinda walker Sep 11, 2008

I totally agree. We have had our Neptune w/d set for several years now. We were also never notified of the lawsuit. My clothes smell bad, the washing machine literally jumps out in the floor and has ripped the linoleum. This set replaced my previous topload that was still working fine after 17 years(whirlpool brand). I will never buy Maytag again. Not sure the front loads are what I bargained for.

extreme dissatisfaction

I would like to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the Maytag

service group. I scheduled service on my Maytag wash machine last week.

Service was expected today between 8AM-12PM. Now is 3:30PM... up to this time, no one show up!

Because I cannot took the day off from work, I left an adult person to be at my house waiting for this service. But this person who makes me a big favor, was wasting his time, his energy and missing work.

Why? I was told by the service company, A&E Factory Service, the serviceman would call when on their way to my home. We did not receive no such call by now (3:30 PM.)

Notes: I called A & E customer services: [protected] @ 11:30AM, @ 1:00 PM and @ 3:00 PM to see what was the status of service.

They replied that the technician serviceman scheduled was finishing a call (@Howard Beach), very close to my area and I will be next; they assure me that he will be over shortly. But the last representative (phone call 3PM) said that the technician serviceman scheduled was finishing a call, have to go TO ANOTHER CALL SERVCIE and then, will be in my house .. I did not understand! Why they accomodate another new customer before me? ... Make no sense!. I start having bad feelings and I felt suspicious.. Which customer representative was giving me the right information?

I asked to speak with a Supervisor. Jennifer picked up (with no last name because she said that for security reason she is the supervisor but is not allowed to give her last name <?>) Her attitude and the tone she used to explain the delay of the serviceman was terrible!!! She NOT ONLY doesnt care about the hours we was waiting for the service, instead, she asked me if I want to reschedule. And (heard that: she informed to me that the serviceman went now to purchase supplies at Woodhaven area and to continue later with the Howard Beach appointment; When finish, he has another client to go (call #5) and then, will be my turn!!!(Now I was not the NEXT customer as previously mentioned to me; Now I was the call #6, period!). AND also, she confirmed that the technician will be working UP TO 5PM... If he couldn't make it today probably I must have to reschedule.

This company doesnt care if we (as a customers) loss salaries or waste our time...

Ah! ALSO she said that this serviceman IS THE ONLY ONE they have to provide services in our town!!! Can you believe???? What happened if the man get sick??? They have Only ONE TECHNICIAN...No substitutes!!! Unbelieve!!!

This type of unprofessional and unexpected answers infuriates me! Even when not able to meet their commitment, A&E offered no apologies.
NOTE: Be sure if you need their services in the future, to be patient, do not make any other plans for the day of the appointment and... don't get upset with the situation (as I did it). There is NO SOLUTIONS available...

bad product

We purchased a basic Maytag washer in October of 2004 to replace our Whirpool, which we had for 14 years. In June of 2007, the transmission had gone out and the water seal had broken down, so it was throwing grease over our cloths. The transmission and seal was replace, but the labor was $120. A year later, the seal has failed again and the transmission needs replacing, again. This time they won't cover the seal kit, so the repair would be $200. I am not willing to throw another $200 at this machine. The repair guy said this model and other Maytags, have lots of transmission and seal kit problems. For my next washing machine, you can bet it won't be a Maytag.

• Valerie Jul 25, 2008

I own a set of Maytag Washer and Dryer for just turning 3 year-old. The drum of dryer was cracked! I called May tag service reps and they offer nothing toward replacement of a new drum. I believe it is a major defected. It costs $260.00 for the part; labor and diagnose estimated $400. My trusted repairman recommended to replace with a whole new brand altogether. He said he is not worth fixing with this much cost. It is not only a cheap quality products but also the service people are unprofessional and helpless. It is just too bad. While researching and writing this review, I found out how bad they stand behind their products. It is going down the hill for sure!

• Su
    SUZANNE Feb 17, 2009

March of 2008 I purchased a Signature Series W/D from Home Depot in Lexington SC. I paid for it with a new HD credit card. I paid off my credit card just 2 weeks ago before the intrest was applied and then two days later my Washer stopped working it would not spin/agitate . My clothes where sopping wet and covered in soap. What, was my washer hard wired into my checking account or WHAT.
    I went to the Maytag Website and was told when I tried to set up an appointment for a repairman to come to my home to repair it, I was told there were no repairman appintments in my area. WHAT! But they would give me the names of some in my area that I could freaking call myself. WHAT! Is that some kinda service or WHAT! Well it gets better after I called and set up an appointment with a local repairman he came by and took my washer apart told me it was the transmission and that it needed to be replaced. Okay. he also told me that it was caused by washing rugs and quilts/blankets/comforters. Okay the goof at the store told me something different. Well after a week the part was in, PROBABLY CAME FROM MARS. A WEEK. ANOTHER GEOGRAPHICAL ODDITY. Well today my part was placed and I can now wash clothes and not risk my life at the laudry mat. I loaded my washer NO COMFORTERS/BLANKET/ QUILTS NOR RUGS MIND YOU. After the washer stopped. I opened it up ready to get to the bottom of the weeks worth of laundry of a family of four when what to my weary eyes did I see my sopping soapy wet clothes. OKAY NO MORE MAYTAGS FORM ME. GIVE ME A RIVER AND A BLAME ROCK.

service of lemon refrigerator

I am so disgusted with Maytag and their supposed customer service. I have had 5 service calls on my refrigerator between March and July, 2008, so far. The defrost mechanism on the Maytag ICE20 is faulty and continues to be so despite all pieces of said mechanism being replaced. I've had to shuttle my food between my kitchen and garage refrigerator once every 1-2 weeks, so I can defrost the refrigerator manually. Patiently, I've plodded along, telling myself the serviceman would find and fix the problem. At this point, however, it's clear that the problem is not going to be found. The refrigerator, as I've read elsewhere, is a lemon! Will Maytag declare it unrepairable? No! They need a second opinion, so they're sending out a serviceman of their choice tomorrow. And they're so proud that they put a priority on it and on the parts this time. The big question I have is will this guy actually show? The first one they scheduled didn't. I was told it was a computer problem. (Excuse my teenage response, but WHATEVER!). The bottom line is you honor your customers or you don't. Listen up, folks. MAYTAG DOES NOT HONOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. Don't be a lemon-sucker. Don't buy MAYTAG!

• Mi
    Michelle Weeks Jul 10, 2008

jamie venteicher Sep 29, 2008

i here you. my parents bought the same fridge and it happens to them. the dealer would not fix it, said it is out of warranty, one month after boughten. my brother in law was a rep for maytag and they still wont do anything. only one solution, do not buy maytag. you send your work out of the country, find your customers in that country.

• So
    sorayacherie Apr 14, 2010

MAYTAG SUCKS!! our fridge is doing the same thing!!!

• So
    sorayacherie Apr 14, 2010

maytag SUCKS!!!

crap dishwasher

We purchased a Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasher not quite 3 years ago. Now it doesn't drain, the control panel doesn't work and the handle is busted. Repair estimate is $370.

Is it really fair that consumers pay good money for these products and to no fault of our own have to replace a product 3 years later?

Maytag is willing to rebate 15% of the cost of a NEW Maytag dishwasher. My question is why would I want to spend a dime on a BRAND that has already proven to be a piece of crap? It is shame that Maytag cares more about their bottom line than making a quality product that lasts.

• Pe
    penny Aug 11, 2008

I totally agree, it sounds like I have the twin piece of junk to this one.

• To
    tom croll Nov 09, 2008

totally agree i bought 300 series dishwasher and self clean oven and both dont work very well says its at 350 degrees and its at 275, another 9 oclock dinner . never another maytag again

• Ce
    celine jenc Aug 25, 2009

I had the same problem with my dishwasher . I will never ever buy Maytag agin it's a rip off . My best friend got a phone call from maytag they signed a contract for 15 8000$ for a/c heating central system she had 10 days to cancel her contrat with them and she canceled her contract before 10 days cause she found out that the seller was telling all ### lies that she would be saving heating cost that long term in 10 year it should come to the same amount as what she pays for the system. The bad thing is they started the work before 10 days so now she has holes in her ceramics, hardwood floors and basement walls .Now it's 15 days she is still waiting for them to come pick up their boxes and stuff that is taking so much place and to come fix the house as it was before, everytime she calls them they never return her calls now she has to look for a lawyer .it's ridiculous they haven't even called the bank to cancelthe loan all I know I my friend has 3 kids 2 of them babies and she has hardly time for herself and now she has to spend so much time and stress fixing up this hole situation cause maytad is full irresponsible. They are CROOKS

• Cl
    Clint.P Sep 06, 2009

I bought a series 300 dishwasher 18 mouths ago. Now it won't drain and it is starting to make sounds like the it is shutting off and on while it is running. I think it is going to completely stop working. This thing is JUNK! Don't Buy.

• Si
    sigal Feb 15, 2011

The worst nightmare with the products of Maytag. we called regarding damaged dishwasher after their recall for the defects, the supervisor - Reggy ID 3761 refuse to send technician, only if we pay. never never buy Meytag!!!

• Si
    sigal Feb 15, 2011

Dont Buy Maytag. the service is the worst try to talk to the supervisor Reggy ID 3761 and you will see why.

nothing but trouble

I bought a Maytag Atlantis washer model #MAV8551AWQ in 2004 it has been nothing but trouble. Constant repairs, peace of Junk that should be recalled! Ate up the belt, black soot came out from underneath. Two valves. Two switches, two water pumps replaced. Motor replaced. Would not spin. Loud noise when washing and spinning. Twists and tears clothes. Leaves clothes wet after it is done. Is there a class action Lawsuit against this model? I know there was one for the Neptune washer. I also bought an Atlantis dryer Model #MDE6400AYQ it smells like a burning smell. Had a repair man look at it he claimed there was nothing wrong. Now it is starting to catch my clothes in the inside rim and tear my clothes!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices