American Standard Logo

American Standard

Having problems with American Standard?

American Standard Customer Service Contacts

1800 442 1902 (United States)
1800 387 0369 (Canada (Outside GTA & Mississauga)
1800 839 1200 (Mexico)
+1 905 949 4800 (Canada, Head Office)
+1 905 306 1093 (Greater Toronto Area & Mississauga)
1 Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, New Jersey
United States - 08855-6820
Canada
5900 Avebury Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3M3

Mexico
Carretera México Laredo Km 1011 Ciénega de Flores, Nuevo León. C.P. 65050

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Standard Customer Service. Initial American Standard complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Standard above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Standard. Discuss the issues you have had with American Standard and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Standard Gold series two stage 5 ton heat pump condenser, r410a, 15 seer, model #4a6h7060h1000a

Product was purchased in August 2018 I thought I was buying a top of the line product, but 2 years 4 months later the coil is leaking in multiple places and needs to be replaced. I have video footage of the bubble leaks and I am very disappointed in the quality control at American Standard. Yes, your part is covered under warranty, but it will cost me over $800.00 in labor to have it installed. YOUR faulty product is costing me money. I expect American Standard to mitigate these additional expenses if they want to continue to be considered an upstanding company that stands behind their products.

• Updated by tomcollins3 · Jan 05, 2021

Well I called American Standard Customer Service at [protected] and I have been on hold now for over 1:03 hrs and counting. I am a CFO at GE and when you combine a poor quality product with a poor customer service experience you lose customers. A death nail for a business... senior leadership should be fired!

American Standard Activate toilet 4000

I have been trying for two weeks to contact customer support for repairs to my toilet. It is the same issue that I have needed to repair for the third time in as many years. I have sent 2 emails and have called several times and yet speak or be able to contact anyone. At the time of writing this I have been on hold for 1 hour and 38 miutes, and holding. I previous calls lasted 1:30, and 1:10.

The three year old toilet (the most expensive toilet I have ever owned) will not flush, the sensor will not work despite changing the batteries.

The quality of the product is subpar, the quality of the customer service is lacking even more. All I want is resolution of this issue so my family can have access to a properly functioning toilet.

American Standard Central air conditioning

During the summer is 2020 my 3 year old american standard 3 ton central air conditioner stop working. The air condenser, wiring, and switchers were burned out and needed to be replaced. The warranty was 10 years for parts 1 year for labor. The labor cost to replace the parts was $1400. There was no charge for the condenser ($810) switches ($200). The repair service could not get the required condenser because it was not in stock and back ordered and it was unknown when it would be available. I had to have a new condenser unit installed during a heat wave. The cost was $3700. American standard (trane corporation) would not discount the new unit or give a allowance for the unavailable $810 condenser. I had a carrier air conditioner for 20 years before I had any problems. I would never recommend american standard or trane air conditioner

American Standard Tried every method to contact your customer service, no response

Why no one answer phone, I tried calling twice, held for an hour. I sent 2 separate emails, no response. Do you really have customer service? Pls call [protected], I need assistance in parts.
        I have a shower faucet installed 3 years ago but cannot turn the dial to hot now, it is stuck. I don't know what model it is, I can only provide you photo of my shower faucet.

Tried every method to contact your customer service, no response

Americastdouble sink

I bought this sink 20 years ago and it's now got many cracks in it and the left side the porcelain is literally peeling apart from the cast underneath and it is rusting also. Can you help me I love the sink. Charlotte Thivierge. 876 Cornwall Ave. Cheshire Ct. 06410. Email is:[protected]@att.net. Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Happy New Year to you all.

double sink
          double sink

American Standard toilets

We have always purchased American Standard toilets, yet every few years we have to get a new one in our master bathroom.
            It either isn't painted on the back, didn't flush correctly, etc., etc., ETC.
            We should receive a gift card for all the trouble every few years. We have to call and go on the website (americanstandard.com)etc... Our last name is Daniels if u need it on file.
            Ty!

D

American Standard — toilet 6.0lpf/1.6gpf

The top two toilet seat pads have crumbled; the bottom right pad appears to be compromised. Please send me...

D

Americast — kitchen sink

Lifetime Warranty on purchased sink. Sink started flaking, chipping within a couple years. Tried talking with...

American Standard 4215a toilet

Sure wish I'd have read the reviews prior to purchasing. Home Depot 's claim for this is that it will flush a bucket of golf balls. We don't flush golf balls and the volume of water flushed is not adequate to flush or even wash the sides of the bowl. We've had two plugs in the first few days after installation.

Home Depot offers to provide another toilet of equal value, but I'm too old to install and have already spent $100 on labor. And I've grown older waiting for customer service to answer.

Disgusting experience!

C

American Standard — liberation repair

I was promised that someone would come out and repair my Liberation two weeks ago and was promised I would...

S

American Standard — 4215a toilet tank

Hi - The toilet doesn't flush properly because only half the water in the tank is used to flush. Very...

L

American Standard — toilet

I purchased an American Standard toilet about 8 months ago at Lowe's and had I known I would soon have a...

American Standardtoilet leak

I bought a toilet of American Standard Champion 4 in 2012. It started a slow leak in 2014: the water refill sound came out about every half hour. I replaced the whole valve at a cost of $41.02 that year. The valve replaced started to leak again two weeks ago: the water refill sound came out about every 20 minutes as I measured this time. I called the custom service of American Standard [protected] last Friday on this issue. The service people tried to attribute the problem to the water quality at my home location or the usage problem on my side. I told her that the old toilet replaced by the American Standard Champion 4 lasted at least more than 8 years (installed before we moved in) and the valve was never an issue. She indicated that American Standard will not take any responsibility in such a case and suggested me to buy a flapper seal for repairing. It seems to me that I have to repair the valve every two years if I have to keep the toilet. This situation is very unfair to me as a consumer, I think.
                Thanks.
                Yiqun Ma
                10/8/2016
                [protected]

American Standard americast sink

I purchased an Americast Sink 38"x22" which had lifetime warranty. After awhile the outer right corner started rusting and several other little spots around the sink. I contacted them and sent pictures and they said it was discontinued and offered to give me the purchase price back. They did send me a check for the price that I purchased the sink. My problem is that they do not make 38"x22" sinks and I cannot and I cannot get the countertop anymore either. This is presenting quite an expensive project to replace the sink which was advertised to last a lifetime. I think they should be held accountable for this inferior product and the results from making this purchase. This sink was purchased in 1997 for a new home to be built in 2000. I do have the original receipt and can take pictures of the sink if anything can still be done.
                  Thanks for any advice or help you might offer to get this ugly rusting sink replaced.
                  Suzanne

American Standard americast double kitchen sink

In Feb. 2008 we did a complete kitchen remodel. Of course we installed granite counter tops. We decided to purchase a Americast composite sink model 1745. Within a year or so it was chipped and stained badly. We tried everything short of comet (we knew we were not supposed to use abrasive cleaner in it) to clean this thing. Today it is a total disaster in an otherwise still beautiful kitchen. Called American Standard and since we did not save receipt's for 8 years they will do nothing. The biggest problem is we cannot find a cast sink (in white to match appliances) to fit the hole in the granite which means about $5000.00 to change a sink. NEVER BUY AMERICAN STANDARD CRAP!

• Pa
                        Pamela Rogers Nov 13, 2016

We bought the same sink We never use the right side sink. I use the wooden cutting board that came with it. The right side is like new now the front of that sink is peeling and rusting. Do not buy american standard sinks. They are not up to anyone's standards.

E

American Standard — kitchen faucet rusted

In the process of installing a new sink [protected])and can't remove our American Standard Stainless Steel...

American Standard double kitchen sink

Kitchen double sink
                      Purchased sink from Lowes. Within a year it started chipping . When called they offered to send me matching paint for a price of approximately $16.00. I told them I did not chip it, that is was flaking at top between bowls, but they insisted I had dropped a pan or something on it. I replaced a 40 + year old cast iron sink with this horrible sink. It is brown with stain and has rubber mats so has been taken care of. I have to bleach weekly to make white again. I think this company should be investigated by consumer affairs. They do not stand up to their warranty. Worse sink ever purchased.

American Standard leaking kitchen faucet with lifetime warranty

In January 2010 I bought an American Standard Hamilton 4040SF Kitchen Faucet on clearance ($98 reduced to $74) and it was installed shortly thereafter. Came with a Lifetime Warranty. In December 2014, I had water leaking out of the stem every time I turned on faucet and water leaked in sink and behind faucet all over counter top and down back wall. I called customer service but was at work and couldn't hold endlessly. In early January 2015 I emailed customer service when I got home. Got response quickly - they need proof of purchase. I took photos of the leaking faucet, the original box standing next to the faucet and scanned in the receipt. Sent about 6 photos. Emails went back and forth. They need a physical address. I sent it. They ordered a different style faucet because the Hamilton is no longer available. Several weeks later I inquired status of replacement. I was told faucet is on back order. Several more weeks went by. Still on back order. Now I was offered the faucet in chrome instead of finished nickel. Fine I said - here's my address - send it. Several weeks later inquired about status. Chrome is now out of stock. Total of 16 emails back and forth, 3 different customer service reps (Tina, Connie, Karen) and almost 3 months of waiting for a replacement. I was told they need my receipt to process a claim. So I tell the rep I already sent the receipt in January 2015. I send it again along with some of the same photos. Now I'm going to get a refund I'm told. Great. The email states they will now forward my paperwork to the Claims Dept (almost 3 months and 16 emails later!) and I can expect to get a letter from Claims Department in a few weeks letting me know when I can expect my refund check. At this point, I'm angry. Can you blame me? I tell the customer service rep this company has quality issues, production issues and customer service issues and I just hope I live long enough to see the check before they go bankrupt! I will NEVER EVER buy another American Standard product.

G

American Standard — americast kitchen sink

Purchased an Americast sink in white for our total kitchen renovation project. Hated trying to clean it...

American Standard rude customer service

while trying to organize a warranty replacement part for a lifetime guaranteed faucet, a rude customer service representitive refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor and hung up on me.
                          the issue was the kind of documentation that was necessary for a warranty claim

Ruth and Kevin Apr 07, 2015

If you knew how to read you would see that I have negative responses to many different reviews. Then again it is obvious you are seven years old, or have the brain function of a seven year old so get someone who knows how to read click on my name and read my replies not only to American Standard (liar) but many other companies. Then come back when you are legally old enough to use this site. Does your mommy know you are lying when you said I work for this company. Would you like it if I said you only have an issue because you were fired for making sexual advances to a coworker and that is why you have a grudge against them. It is no difference than your immature childish lie that I work for American Standard. Seriously grow up. |f you were this rude on the phone that is why you were hung up on. If you can lie and say that I work for American Standard, then perhaps you were rude about being polite as well. Face it you say I work for American standard, you are dishonest and nothing you say can be counted as the truth.

Ruth and Kevin Apr 07, 2015

Maybe she said good bye because she knew she was dealing with a child. Only a child would come to the conclusion that I work for this company because I told someone who is wrong that they are wrong. Let me play by your logic. Why are you bashing this company. Were you fired? I doubt it since you are obviously seven years old. Go get a parent and have them click on, my profile. They will show you that I make negative comments for many different reviews from different companies. Have them help you with the big words(the ones more than three letters) Also I think you are lying. You lied when you said I work for this company so you probably are lying about them saying good bye as well,

• He
                              HenryFL Apr 07, 2015

No it wasn't an accident at all- she said goodbye
                              Who are you anyway? An American Standard employee?
                              You made a very negative response to the person who had same issue as me.

Ruth and Kevin Apr 07, 2015

I am sure it was an accident Henry.

• He
                              HenryFL Apr 07, 2015

I called today about my Champion 4 toilet flush mechanism leaking. I asked nicely fro a supervisor and she hung up on me too!!!

Ruth and Kevin Dec 26, 2014

Did you get your parents permission before making the call, I ask this because only a six year old would mistake being told n as rudeness. You also obviously "forgot" to mention that the reason you were hung up on was because you were rude yourself and threw a temper tantrum.