Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Maytagglass top stove

Purchased a glass top stove, I have kept it clean as manufactures instruction. I know have 3 burners that have started to get burnt spots on them. some are bigger than others. Call the company and was told nothing they can do, that I must of not kept them clean. The burners are the one I use alot. Very mad at response I received from Maytag. I will not buy another Maytag or glass top stove. Their customer service stinks! Beware of Maytag glass top

Maytag — maytag centennial washer

I recently purchased a new maytag centennial washer and dryer, this is, by far, the worst washing machine i...

Maytag Dependability Plusfailure to perform

This company has given extremely poor service related to arranging for the repair of my fridge. 24 hrs after i filed a claim, I still didnt get a call from the repair shop, after my third call to them the repair shop called and said i would be charged $200 plus parts and labor because i didnt buy the appliance from them! Why did they hook me up with these people? It seems that the way they operate is to frustrate you to the point where you will give up and pay for the repair yourself!

Maytag/neptune Washera & e repair

approx. 6 weeks ago my Maytag Neptune which is just over 4 yrs old started to make a loud noise and smoke. I called Maytag right away they passed me to the safety dept., they told me that my machine was not under warranty anymore and made an appointment for repair ad said that this one time it would be under consession. A week later a repair man from A & E showed said that the entire gasket, the sensors all need to be replaced and their was water leaking, he said it would be another week before the parts would come in, in the meantime we made another appt again it took a week to get someone back here which was not convient to me, so I missed work again. The repair man shows up worked for a couple of hours said the machine is now in perfect working order. I noticed that he did not put the front panel on correctly and the door was not closng properly, and when I used it the machine was really loud considering it was quiet prior to this. I had called Maytag several times no one called back. The machine started smoking again and I finally got a human they told me that I would have to call A & E Repair well that took another week for them to come out and he said the machine is destroyed and I it will need to be rebuild and would cost an additional $1000. +, I called Maytag all they can say is it is not under warranty - orig. this machine cost $1200. and it just went over the 4 yr mark - this is a Maytag Neptune front loader which is suppose last years - Maytag said they are not responsible for this and when I said don't you think it would be cheaper to replace the machine instead of repairing it and I got if you like you pay 50% for another, I said absolutley not. Another week wqent by the A & E repair man shows up and opens the 10 large boxes sitting here and guess what the Parts are BROKEN..he than had to reorder the parts which took another week and he told me my appt was for today May 21, 2010 8-1, last night I received an automated message saying my appt was moved to 1-5, well it is 6:00pm now, I have called A & E several times and I get you are on the repairmans route you can either wait for him or reschedule - this is not only an inconvieance this is unexceptable and I have already wrote a complaint to Maytag, BBB, and now this. Come Monday Morning I will be calling my attorney if this does not get straightened out.

madrebel Jul 01, 2010

Don't forget to call your states Attorney General's office. Filling a complaint there would do more good than the BBB, although that's not bad either.

Maytagquestionable business ethics

Well now I do not feel alone with being scammed by A&E. Our saga began when we bought a new Maytag french-door refrigerator in Nov 2004 which was damaged on delivery (day before Thanksgiving) and Maytag or thier parent company Whirlpool sent A&E to service the unit. After three months we finally had a working refrigerator as it should have been. Now we hear a clicking inside and call for service, okay it is out of warranty no problem we are quoted $159 service call to INSPECT & DIAGNOSE the problem. Our technician shows, shirt untucked and smelling like day old cigarrette smoke. I kid you not, before he will enter my house he requested payment of $109. After giving him my credit card he comes into the kitchen, asks me what is the problem so I explain the clicking noise, he then opens the right door looks at the label and enters it in his laptop, NEVER did he look under the unit, pull out and look behind or play with the buttons. Next thing I know he is handing me a $740 estimate for a new compressor, yet the unit is working and running fine while he is there. Total time in my house between 2-3 runs to his van: 8 minutes! So I called A&E to ask for a supervisor and instead of lip service I got NO SIR YOU CAN NO SPEAK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER. Eventually I was transferred to a Escalations Specialist who spent more time muting her headset then listening to me, I could hear her background noise cut out when she was answering someone else. When I pointed that out she became very rude. In closing it was WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO FOR YOU? WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR FREE!
        So buyers BEWARE of Whirlpool products and then using A&E Factory Service, it is a scam! Just give your $109 to a charity and go buy the unit new!

Maytag Mgdc500vw0noisy dryer

Is there any data on this type of Dryer? I have it replaced already but the dryer is still very NOISY, makes a high-pitched noise when running. I bought it brand new in Home depot and all Maytag would like to do is keep sending different service people but comes out with the same problem. Is this a strategy utilized by Maytag so it is hard to track problem with their products. How many service do you have to deal before they will come to a conclusion...THE DRYER IS NOISY. My last dryer is Maytag and I know what is a normal running noise.

Maytag Gas Range — lemon

I bought a Maytag gas range model#MRG5752BDS on 8-12-08. I have had the top replaced twice. The back of the...

Maytagpiece of crap

We bought a new Maytag dishwasher 2 1/2 years ago. Twice we've had the front panel replaced. The last time was less than a year ago. The dishwasher doesn't work AGAIN. Even when it did work, it didn't clean the dishes very well. It was supposed to be from the Quiet Series too... but it is incredibly noisy! Waste of money, waste of time. Piece of crap. Not only that, the dealer was an ### too. Don't ever buy a Maytag dishwasher.

• Su
                sunnya Feb 22, 2010

We bought a Maytag washer and dryer in 2005. First the dryer quit working and now the washer won't spin! I thought this company bragged about how tough their appliances were. What a bunch of hooey! I will never buy this name brand again!

Maytag Quiet Series 300constantly needs repairs and doesnt clean dishes

We purchased a Maytag Quiet Series 300 in December of 2004 from The Brick, for around $1200 ca. We also purchased the extended warrenty program, which cost A LOT, and didnt really solve our problem of having a Lemon in the long run. The dishwasher has never really cleaned the dishes without cleaning them before putting them in. It also has many parts made of plastic, including the rollers that support all the weight of the dishes on each of the three racks and the main handle assembly, aswell. We have had the warrenty repair man here so many times, that last time he came, he told us we were at our max. allowable amount for our extra warrenty repairs. Under the "Lemon Clause" in the program we had, we were supposed to recieve a new machine once max was reached, but there was some kind of "way around it for them, this one last time". And now here we are 2 months after Extended Warrenty expires too and the handle breaks, the dishwasher is stuck closed and full of dirty dishes, the rollers are cracking, and I need to pay a repair man again at $100 an hour, plus parts! A Maytag rep. told me when I phoned to lodge a complaint that it is 5 years old, I should expect to be doing repairs on it regulary. I would understand if this was the first repair, or the second, but its been more than yearly and ongoing for the whole time I have owned it. What kind of a company cant stand behind their major household products for even 5 years??? I know my Grandma's Appliances lasted WAY longer than 5 years!

Maytag / Atlantis Washer — atlantis washer

My wife and I bought my Maytag Atlantis Washer (MAV7600AWW) and the spin and drain cycles have not been...

Maytag/msd2572vewoonon working or missing parts

we purchased a refridgerator day after thanksgiving 2009. we got the product home plugged it up "followed instrcutions" to allow 3days of ice making before we used the water n ice to clean out the lines n filter to properly flush then came the big moment to get ice, it came out crushed on all settings, a repair man showed up talked BAD about the product and HIGHLY on his pot bellied pig. he then left and for 2months nothing we contacted the store we purchased it from they ordered another one as they were rolling it out the door it rang bells from underneath the thing i had to again lug this second frig up the stairs again as i was unpacking it i noticed it was missing a shelf bracket on the lowe right hand side on the vegetable tray so again i lugged it back to the store and leaving my groceries in coolers on the kitchen floor for which were out all day so my experience with your product is very disheartning so they did give me my money back but i am out of time-money-gas and a frustrated wife on my back for this sorry quality control check point personnel that you hired to put out a great excuse me BAD PRODUCT look at the over all product the bends and folds even suck. please contact Eli @ [protected] he is the manager we dealt with he has seen exactly what i am saying in this letter to be TRUE. also you can hear the water as it flows thru the lines it burps-gurggles and pisses it sounds loud, i would like for you to contact me and let me know what changes are going to be done and how are you going to gain me back as a satisfied CUSTOMER. i can be reached at [protected] and i am Mr. J. Bean

Maytagpoor quality washing machines

I purchased a Maytag Washer (ModelMAV208DAWW) and Dryer(ModelMDE308DAYW) on 05/04/2006. On 12/27/2009 the washer went out, after looking at the machine it was decided that we needed a new motor. Well here is where the complaint begins, Why after 3yrs, 7mos, and 23 days would I have to put a new motor in a machine? I take care of the machine, keep it clean, clean under, etc.. My husband is also a Laundry Specialist at his job, so as you can see we do take care of our appliances. I was not going to write this letter but after deciding to purchase a NEW machine instead of repairing my 3 yr, 7 mos, and 23 day old machine, I got VERY angry that I was even having to spend more money. My parents have had their Maytag for over 43 years and when my husband and I went to purchase our First Washer/Dryer as Newly Weds, my parents said get a Maytag they last FOREVER!!! Well I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to... I did NOT purchase a Maytag this time around and when my Dryer goes out, I will NOT replace it with Maytag. Money is VERY tight and when you spend money on appliances, you expect them to last more than 3 yrs, 7 mos, and 23 days. I have a VERY BIG mouth and I will tell EVERYONE I know to NOT purchase MAYTAG. Thank you for your time and I hope that you work hard to try to make a BETTER product in the future so that people who work hard for their money do not have to purchase a NEW Washer after 3 yrs, 7 mos, and 23 days.

Kimberly Mooney

• Ka
                      karl rider Jan 24, 2010

We just replaced Maytag washer & dryer that were bought new in 2004, over the 5 years we had many breakdowns: timer, motor, transmission, small parts failure, pump... small household and thought of Maytag as "dependable", not for us.

• Di
                      Dianaaa Feb 26, 2010

My Maytag washer is 3 1/2 years old. We thought the belt had broken and the repairman came - charged us $70 to look at it and informed us that the seal had leaked and destroyed all the parts below it. It would cost $380 to fix it!
                      The motor is still in perfect condition but we have to scrap the whole thing. I just bought a used Kenmore. Would NEVER buy a Maytag again!

• Be
                      Betrayed Customer Jun 07, 2011

I was the owner of a the Neptune Washer and Dryer set. It is no longer a set. The washer had to be disposed of. The washer motor was burning hot even though the washer had not been in use for more than a week. The repairman diagnosed it and could replace the part at a $449 cost. The extended warranty I had decided not to repair it but to send me a replacement check for less than half the cost of the washer. My biggest concern is that Maytag was aware that this washer was defective and could have caused a fire in my home had I not unplug it. I trusted Maytag and paid more than$1, 000 for that washer. I am asking for a remedy of at least $500 and not a voucher to purchase another Maytag. I felt betrayed and mislead especially since the description claims "built to last." This claim does not reflect the Maytag reputation. The washer was not even 5 years old. Maytag is neglect for not communicating/alerting all consumers who have the washers in their home when they were well aware of the hazard and defect of the motor running hot and essentially causing a fire. There should have been a national recall and stopped the sales of these washers years ago. Good thing I purchased an extended warranty but it was not enough to purchase another front load HD. Maytag has lost its luster!

Maytag — maytag skybox fridge/ vending machine

my maytag skybox that i have is five years old, and the fan that circulates the air inside of the cooler i...

Maytag Epic Z Washing Machineparts unavailable

We purchased a MayTag Epic Z front loader washing machine in October, 2008, from Gray's Appliance in Melrose, MA. In November, 2009, the machine broke. On December 23, 2009, Gray's came to service the machine and ordered parts. It needs a counterweight, bellows and pump. Well the parts are still on back order and maybe they will be in the 1st week of February. We had owned a MayTag Neptune before buying this one. We will never buy a MayTag again. MayTag use to be quality product years ago. We also bought the five year protection contract from Expert Protection.

Maytag Washer — bleach stains

I have a Maytag Washer and last year it began leaving bleach stains on my color clothes. Sears Service...

Maytag — I want to return washer and dryer

I have had my washer and dryer since 3/23/09...I have techs out here 3 times...I have tried everything I know...

Maytag Dependability Plus (3rd Party Extended Service Plans)rip off company! be aware!!

I like many others was going to purchase an extended service contract with DEPENDABILITY PLUS; I won’t even place the Maytag name in front being Maytag has nothing to do with them They’re a 3rd party company using the Maytag name for business (which Maytag/Whirlpool should put a stop to). First off the company is a complete rip off! I wouldn't trust them to throw dirt on a casket if we were grave diggers !

I was on the Maytag website and noticed the extended contract was cheaper than what was offered when my husband and I purchased our new washer/dryer set. So we decided to go ahead and extend online. After submitting all of my information including payment I received an error message stating there was an error in getting my conformation code but it will be emailed to me within 24-48 hrs. Something seemed a bit odd so I called and spoke with the 1st rep. who also seemed a bit odd and off when she quickly looked me up and was so eager and happy to say "Oh no payment's gone through I can take that now for you!". Was she serious, I mean did she really think that I was going to pay again twice? May I add that upon calling them the 1st time I was placed on hold so too many times to remember because they had incorrect information in "their system" on me such as address, purchase date names and numbers! I couldn't figure out how the even had my address listed as a PO Box when I've never contacted them before. So after getting all of that straight (so I thought), I hang up with the off the wall money hungry rep., I wait a few minutes them I call back because something didn't seem right. Now the 2nd rep. tries to verify my mailing address for security reasons...uh this is very interesting. So after he looks up the account in "their system” I’m on hold again!

Here we go ROUND 2! Once again they have incorrect information, so I'm on hold again and all of a sudden we're disconnected. I call back for ROUND 3! Rep. Number 3 who name begins with V seems to be legit. I explain to her the issue (3rd time doing so in 1 hr). She then tells me the company has been experiencing web issues. After this blah-blah-blah she quotes me an over the top price which is obviously way more than what I thought I was paying for online. I then tell her that's way more than online and asked why. So after some more blah-blah she and a supervisor agree to honor the online price if the payment didn't go through online. I was then instructed to give it a couple of days and call back if I don't get the confirmation email. I take the reps name just in case someone all of a sudden develops a case of amnesia. Ok so I wait and wait and wait, a week later still no confirmation email. I go back to the site which doesn't even let you get further than entering what type of appliance you want a quote on before giving a website error message. Here we go again ROUND 4! I call and immediately tell the rep. that unfortunately gets my call that I would like to leave a message for V. being she took my call and was familiar with the situation.

Mr. Jarred then goes on talking about how he’s the only Jarred there and the name his name is slowly becoming popular because of the Subway guy…hush who really cares! So Jared tries to sell me an extended contract costing more than the online site and more than what all 3 reps quoted to me last week! WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS! Here we go again, after going through the entire story again he tells me they can't honor the price, I say yes a rep. and supervisor told me on XX date that it will be honored they would have to handwrite in the price. Once I say that he all of a sudden remembers...oh yeah thank you for saying that, yes they can. He puts me on hold then comes back telling me oh my supervisor says we can't. I tell him put your supervisor on the line! ROUND 5! She gets on and once again I explain the situation she says the same blah-blah, I tell her put her supervisor on because she's not making any sense to me!

Here we go ROUND 6! This lady whose name I won’t mention but it does begin with MAR and end in LENE. So she gets on the phone trying to say whatever while cutting me off whenever I try to speak! Now by this time I have an outer body experience and let her have it while still being the professional that I am. I tell her it's time out for her to be talking to me she needs to listen because I'm the paying customer! She gives me the same old blah-blah then says a reps. word doesn't hold up...uhh ok! I let her know that I will add to the 200 something complaints already placed on their company within the past 4 months to the BBB. I also let her know that I hate handling business over the phone especially when the person on the other end isn't in the same state or location because you always get the round around and that I like to say what I have to say in your face so nothing gets twisted. She apologizes for me feeling that way and says she will discuss this at the morning meeting to see what can be done but doesn't guarantee anything...well go freaking figure! By the way they never put me through to Valerie's line saying at first they couldn't when I was told they could, then after I pointed that out to them they tried to say they didn't know who she was then covering that up by saying well she's not in today.

ROUND 7! So Marlene calls me back the next morning with more blah-blah, when she finishes I then try to tell her that It's ok because my we've decided not to go with their rip off company and will contact BBB she tries once again to cut me off so I say what I have to then as politely let her discuss anything further with my dial tone!! TKO I'm so done with those idiots and will write a complaint on every complaint board that I can find! My advice read the complaints and DON'T PAY THEM ANYTHING, THEY ARE RIP OFFS!

Maytag Quiet Series 300broken door latch and wont clean dishes

I also have a maytag quiet series 300 and I am having the same problem.. Door latch broke 2 yrs after buying it and it doesn't clean the dishes well you would figure after running heavy cycle for 2 hrs you would be able to see yourself .. We bought it at homedepot im not happy with this product and we paid the extra because my old one was a maytag and older than the hills so we figured maytag was a good name pffft..

• Sy
                            sye Dec 27, 2011

EXACT same thing happened, nearly 2 years of moderate use and the door latch broke last week. As of today, it's completely shot. It heats, but won't spray water. I really want to encourage anyone else who's stuck with one of these to go on Twitter and Facebook to let the world know what crap Maytag cranks out anymore. They used to be a brank to be trusted, but no longer! NEVER again will I buy their brand and will share my experience with any and everyone.

Maytag Mah8700 Washerlots of problems

We bought this washer about a year and a half ago. I paid alot of money for it. We have had one problem after another. The problems started a few months after we purchased it. It won't drain alot of the time. Sometimes the door locks and the clothes sit in water and you can't get the door to unlock to get them out. It will say nd and not drain. I have had the pump replaced. That did no good at all. It still doesn't work. I can't put more that 4 towels at a time in it, if the door unlocks, then when you pull them out the water is running off of them and I have to wring them out by hand to put them in the dryer. It will say suds and shut off. I have to turn it back on several times to rinse/spin only then hope it will drain. Their is standing water in the washer. It also has a swampy, moldy smell coming from the washer and makes the clothes smell. I paid alot of money for this washer, and it is junk. They had a recall on this washer saying they were having problems with water leaking into the components causing fires. They sent us a GFI plug to plug to put between the washer plug and the electric outlet. They didn't fix the problem (possible water leakage), they just put a band aid on it. What about all the other problems with this machine? Maytag should stand by their products and reimburse us for the washer or give us a new one that works.

• Bo
                              bob7777777 Jan 03, 2010

Well, just experienced the water leaking and shorting problem. Any one know what I just blew up. I heard and smelled something electrical short and now the washer MAH8700 won't work. Any tips from anyone?

• Kw
                              kwilson18 Jun 22, 2013

I have all the same problems with mine as well. Bad smells even though I clean it two times a month with vinegar and leave the door open faithfully. Most expensive washer I have ever had and yet it is the worst quality and most problems!

Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasherdoesn't clean dishes

We have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher and it does not clean the dishes. How can you get the bottom strainer off to clean the holes. They are all gumed up.