Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] poor product

In November 2018, I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer set for my daughter who lives in Texas from Home Depot there. In December the washer had problems with the balancing (which I'm told was not recorded, the repair was done by Home Depot Care). In March the machine went down again with needing the Mother Board which was not available till the end of this month, this being told to us by both Maytag and Home Depot Service. Since my daughter has a family of six, being without a washer for a month was not an option, having to depend on neighbors and going to a laundry mat 30 minutes away with a one year old. I had to buy her a new washer last week.
I contacted Maytag to see if we could get some type of compensation for a five month old washer that that (could be repaired) just not in a very timely manner and was told, no. I feel this is very unfair and poor customer service. I am now paying for a washer that only work for a new months and I'm sure will be fixed and back in the Home Depot in Texas. Am VERY disappointed in Maytag for not standing behind it's product. and NO, waiting another several weeks was not an option.

• Maytag's response · Apr 23, 2019

We apologize about the frustrations you have experienced with your Maytag® Washer. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email [email protected] with the name of the site you were contacted on (complaintsboard), name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also include a copy of your review.

[Resolved] maytag centennial washer

I bought it brand new in 2016 from Home Depot and yesterday when I did 2 loads of wash that I had finished and started to put more things in the washer the machine started running by itself and no lights and cannot turn it off and nothing is moving inside the washer. I had to unplug it for it to stop running.. I was planning on buying the matching dryer but not now. The machine is only 3 yrs old! Now I have to get a repair man in to fix it. I am very disappointed in this washer and will not buy a Maytag appliance again

• Updated by Wp2008 · Mar 26, 2019

Dear Stephanie:
    Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at ([email protected]), with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.
    Thank you.
    Maytag® Social Care

• Sh
    Shaun R. Mar 25, 2019

Hi Stephanie.

Unfortunately even the very best appliances can break down earlier than one might expect. Maytag is a brand owned by Whirlpool. You'll find that Whirlpool owns several recognizable brands; Maytag is considered an upper end to their line.

To stay competitively priced, Maytag comes with a one year, limited warranty on the overall unit and 10 year parts, prorated warranty on the tub and motor. This is actually pretty impressive, as most manufacturers end all warranty coverage at one year.

Have you contacted the retailer, Home Depot, yet? Many retailers either offer or provide additional warranty coverage. Please let us know if, or once you've contacted them. We'd like to know what takes place.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Mar 30, 2019

Hi Stephanie.

It is our understanding that you've been properly assisted and are now a loyal customer once again.

Thank you so much for your support.

[Resolved] maytag washing machine mat15mn

Richard Jay - handling of complaint with in warranty terms and conditions, Problems begun with in 18 months of purchase.
Richard Jay located in Brisbane Australia and the Maytag service department in the US will not assist in helping me escalate my complaint and concerns.
My email address is [removed]
Please make contact via email to begin discussion about the resolution

• Updated by Wp2008 · Mar 11, 2019

Hello Richard, we are terribly sorry to hear about your concern. Please reach out to a representative in your region for further assistance. https://whirlpool.com.au/ Thank you for reaching out to Maytag.

• Resolution Statement

Completed

• Wa
    Wayne. Mar 13, 2019

Hi there, I did try this on a number of occasions however I have had no luck.

maytag top load with agitator

I hate it! I only bought a new washer because our old one left nasty residue on our clothing. This one, according to the home depot rep, had the option of "deep fill" that would permit more water to come into the washer. That with the agitator in the center, I would have no problems. Well it's been two months and it is worse than my old washer. Even on "deep fill" and "bulky items", the water level is not even visible above the clothing. I have taken pictures and will share online as soon as I have time to download them. I have had a service man come who confirmed there is nothing wrong with it technically and thus cannot fix the problem. I have to live with this terrible washing machine again!!! Home depot will not take back after 7 days, maytag will not take back and nothing can be done. I wish I had done what I had initially intended to do - find an old washing machine or a brand that allows enough water to come in to wash the cloths.

[Resolved] stove

Model#ymes8880ds0 serial# r534111057 Feb20 boughtmaytag stove from home depot spruce grove, into a few week...

[Resolved] warranty not paid

I purchased a Maytag dishwasher in September 2015..IN January 2019 my dishwasher would not drain ... I contacted online service of maytag and they directed me to an online service telling me it would cost me 5.00$ and that i could get a refund..After explaining my situation to the online service Rep. He said it was the drainage pump and i was charged 49.00 more for his lousy service..so I contacted a local service person to change the pump. he came in and tested the pump and there was no power getting to the pump and suggested it might be a connection problem on the mother board.After he checked all connections on the board he said that the board was no good and needed to be replaced at a cost of $275.00 . Or I could go and buy another dishwasher...He suggested a Bosch ...I'm very angry with Matag as they do not want to offer to replace something that is faulty with there product and this seems to be the only way to get in touch with them without being charged more..

• Maytag's response · Feb 04, 2019

We apologize for any frustrations that this has caused you. We would recommend contacting our Canada Team for assistance at 1 (800) 807-6777 between the hours of 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri.

[Resolved] dishwasher

We bought a brand new maytag dishwasher in may of 2018 for almost $700. By new year's, the top rack...

Lewisburg Appliances

[Resolved] maytag washing machine

We bought a brand new Maytag washer and dryer last month to replace our older units. We have only used the...

[Resolved] washing machine not lasting

I purchased a Maytag washing machine on 3/17/2014 for $719.99 . It was model number MVWB725BWO; Serial number...

[Resolved] rust on the tub

Maytag Top Loader Washing Machine Model MVWB750Y-MVWB800Y Serial Number C1451824 Type 580-05 Purchased...

Maytag

microwave/convection oven

We paid a lot of money for this appliance. Had it about 1 and 1/2 years and it stopped working. We called...

[Resolved] range model ymer8800fz1

AquaLift self cleaning does not work as advertised. I would like to return this item for rebate towards a...

Sarnia Appliances

washer and dryer

Hi I saw a lot of complaint about Maytag products in here. That's too bad.

I just want to put one good word for the washer and dryer those my pre-owner of house bought in 1977. Good job!

I have taken them over 2003 and have been used them until now.
I was going to change the washer this year due to rusted water leaking.
It's about time, I thought. 40 years of service... whether it is a person or a machine should be recognized for that, don't you think?

Thank you the people who made them so robust and I wish the company keep their quality work and service.

I have attached the photo of 40 years old washer and dryer for the memory of them.

Cheers,

washer and dryer

Maytag

[Resolved] maytag he top load washer model #mvwb835dw maytag electric dryer model #medb835dw

I have always had Maytag washers and would have nothing else in my home. That all changed when in June of this year I purchased a new washer. What a disappointment. Not only do the clothes not come out clean but they are a tangled mess. I have never had such a poor quality machine. I have tried every combination of settings possible to help alleviate the problem but nothing works. Even washing on the delicate cycle leaves the clothes tangled.

The dryer which I purchased at the same time is equally disappointing. The clothes come out completely wrinkled every time. It doesn't matter what type of fabric, the temperature of the water or the setting of the machine. The clothes do not appear to be tumbling but rather just spinning against the drum, between the fins. Even our bath towels are not soft and fluffed but rather wrinkled.

I certainly hope you choose to stand behind your products. Awaiting your reply.

• Maytag's response · Dec 05, 2018

We would be happy to look into your concerns, please email us at [email protected] please use Complaint Board for the title and include your name, address, phone number along with the model and serial number for each appliance. We look forward to speaking with you!

Rob S
    Maytag Social Care

washer

5 1/2 years old. Warranty ran out. Spinning cycle got real loud. Oil/dirty water? skirted out from under machine. UL out of balance continually, no matter what size load. Repairman said it was the drum, bearings were stripped. It would cost $1000.00 to repair. Really? 5 1/2 years. Just wash several loads a week. It was not overused or overloaded. The last Maytag I had lasted 30 years. Sad, very sad.

[Resolved] mvwb955fc

I have this washing machine that is just over a year old it has never ever worked properly every time we put...

[Resolved] washing machine rust on housing around tub

Maytag Top Loader Washing Machine Model MVWB750Y MVWB800Y Serial Number C14571824 Type 580-05 Purchased...

dishwasher, model mdb7749saqo

I purchased dishwasher I July of 2012 we have used this washer approx 40 times only at Xmas and thanksgiving and once a month just to keep it from setting, as of 10-22-2018 it would not work called, service man and he stated it was front control board, buttons would not work, after this amount of time and little use, I feel that those buttons are inferior. Over 200.00 to fix! Will probably not buy and more Maytag products.
Over the years I have always had Maytag products, but will stay away now.

Dennis mathew
Grumpy [protected]@ sbcglobal.net

[Resolved] bravos xl mct washer

bought new in march of 18 had delivered and set up on 18 April of 18 didn't even get 1 wash cycle and...

[Resolved] maytag washer mvwc565fw1

I bought this washer and Maytag dryer a year ago and have always had trouble with my dark loads having many...