Maytagmaytag washer mvwc565fw1

M

I bought this washer and Maytag dryer a year ago and have always had trouble with my dark loads having many white spots of lint all over the clothes after washing. I have tried everything I could, used less detergent, used two rinse cycles and even tried wetting the clothes before I turn on the machine to try to trick it into thinking I have a heavier load so it fills with more water. I know a big part of the problem is because the water level has a sensor and the tub is not filling up enough to even cover the clothes. Many times I have taken the clothes out to put in the dryer only to discover some parts of the clothes are still DRY! Now I looked on line for a solution only to discover there are hundreds of complaints with the Maytag and Kenmore washers with the same lint problem. The issue is obviously due to a defect in the machines. What is Maytag doing to fix this problem?

• Maytag's response · Oct 23, 2018

We are terribly sorry to hear of your concern with your Washer. White residue on washed items at the end of the cycle that could have various causes, including but not limited to excessive detergent use, improper loading, wrong cycle, body soil – detergent reactions, wash temperature, and/or soil level selection. If white residue appears chalky and occurs mostly when powdered detergent is used or when detergent overdose is suspected, rewash using the warmest water appropriate for the garment. Do not use additional detergent. You may view our troubleshooting link as well. http://producthelp.maytag.com/Troubleshooting?startid=2625 . At Maytag, we are constantly working to improve our appliances and our service, and it is only through feedback from customers like yourself that we are able to do so.

• Go
    Goblue_2004 Apr 06, 2021

18 months old and dead. complete piece of garbage. buying Speed Queen

• Br
    Brenda Galaz Sep 22, 2020

Well, I guess we all have forgot how to use a washing machine apparently. That Maytag thinks that their simple solutions is the problem. I to have had my washer for about 18 months. I should have take it back to the store after the first wash. We don't live close to town and loading it back into the truck seemed so daunting. My clothes don't look, smell or feel clean. I use pods in mine so maytag am I using to much soap too. Plus some of the clothes are still dry when I pull them out. I have to use one cycle only so the tub will fill up to the highest level of water just so the cloths are submerged in water. It takes over an hour per load of laundry, I don't have all day to wash cloths and they still come out dirty looking. This is a horrible designed washer and they should be recalled, it's a lemon. You can tell us all about how you are trying to improve your products but this doesn't help us that bought this lemon of a washer. Please advise.

• Sh
    shawn mahan Jan 12, 2020

Maytag washer mvwc565fw1 18 months old last time used it ran the full cycle now a week later no power no lights I have confirmed power at the outlet