Having problems with AJ Madison?

AJ Madison Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 570 3355 (Customer Service)
+1 718 532 1800 (Head Office)
3605 13th Ave.
Thu10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
SatClosed
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AJ Madison Customer Service. Initial AJ Madison complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AJ Madison above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AJ Madison. Discuss the issues you have had with AJ Madison and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

AJ MadisonCanceled order and no refund

On 04/23/2020 I ordered a vent fan from AJ Madison. They gave me tons of excuses for not delivering and finally cancelled the order. The amount I paid was $1951.67. I have tried to contact them and they leave you on hold for about 45 minutes and then disconnect you. This is FRAUD and thievery. How can they get away with this?
I have filed a dispute with my credit card Bank of America but they also say because I have paid the bill and it was so long ago that they (April of this year) that they cannot tell me anything.

Jul 21, 2020

AJ Madison — Appliance purchase and delivery

-Delayed delivery without notification. -After holding for 40 minutes was told a missing part was holding up...

AJ Madisonge dryer gtd33easkww

Door was dented upon delivery and will not stay closed. I need another door or repair on this one. I can not use this dryer because the door will not stay closed. It was either damaged enroute or the delivery men did it accidentally. Washer was fine, but the dryer is unusable. I would appreciate it if you would correct this situation.

Please advise on what you intend to do about it!

Ken

RESOLVED

• AJ Madison's response · May 17, 2020

Hello Ken,

Please contact our customer service team with your order number and they will be able to assist you in resolving this matter.

You can also send us a message to our help center for no hold times.

Thank you and our team looks forward to resolving your issue.

Sep 11, 2019

AJ Madison — horrible customer service

Purchased 8/28/19, received order confirmation email 8/29/19 with ship date of 8/29/19. 8/29/19 11:23am...

AJ Madison — I won't be shopping here again

Customer service is awfully annoying. Maybe not them themselves, because I never talked to them, but the way...

Deale

AJ Madison — Damaged Appliances

ordered 10, 000 appliance order for new house. Recieved shipment with all boxes in great shape. We took...

AJ Madison Appliance StoreHuge mistake to choose them

Ordering appliances off this company's website is a huge mistake. They contract their deliveries out to a third party so, if something goes wrong with the delivery, you can't get any help. We gave AJ Madison specific instructions about the phone number to call prior to delivery and then sent as an email confirming the number. However, the delivery company called the wrong number and, thus we missed the delivery. When questioned about this, both AJ Madison and their sub-contract delivery company blamed the other for the mix up and so neither would give us compensation (including re-delivering the appliances in less than six days).
      I called and spoke to a customer service rep three times about this issue and, each time was told (after being put on hold multiple times) that they were going to "look into it" and call or email me in a couple of hours, which never happened. I have also sent messages to their customer service email and received no response. Then, when they were supposedly going to get back to me, they called my husband on his phone to inform him they had rescheduled the delivery at a completely inconvenient time for us, showing they clearly had no intention of working on my problem at all. When I got very angry and said I would like to cancel my order for being treated like this, they informed me that I would have to pay all the return shipping and hefty restocking fee.

So, I'm now stuck with useless appliances (the guy who was supposed to hook them up was scheduled to come five days after delivery not six) that I can't even return. Also, they seem to close very early and, thus, are even harder to reach. I realize they're based on the east coast but they do service the whole country so being closed by 3pm central time seems a little unreasonable.

• Ab
          Abrece Mar 02, 2012

Purchased a Maytag washer in January 2011, which arrived visibly damaged. I accepted the machine and I contacted customer service. I was given a small discount and I had to wait two weeks for replacement parts to arrive and be installed by a Maytag service repairman. I have had problems with this machine repeatedly (five service calls since February 2011). Both Maytag and AJ Madison have continued to refuse to honor my request for a replacement washer, despite the inconvenience of waiting for repairmen, replacement parts, and having to go the laundromat.

They seem to be more concerned with not wanting to lose the cost of a washer. They have actually spent almost as much money on repeat service calls and parts. I am disappointed with the lack of customer service provided by Maytag and AJ Madison. I have asked AJ Madison to file a complaint with the company that delivered the machine and to send me a replacement. I have become very frustrated with this company. They do not seem to value customer satisfaction.

• Wp
          Wp2008 Mar 02, 2012

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Maytag. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance. If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at [email protected] please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with. Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records. Thanks

• Ak
          Akene Mar 13, 2012

AJ Madison — poor customer service

Ordered an entire kitchen appliance set in April with the intent of having it delivered mid May. Was told...

AJ MadisonAtay Away and Beware

placed an order on June 15th. was calling and calling their customer service for a week and was told that the order was shipped, however, they failed to provided me with a tracking number. today, I'm on week 3 now and have been calling AJ Madison every day to get the tracking number - every time they say that the system is down and to call back the next day. they are liars and shisters. STAY AWAY AND BEWARE!!!

AJ MadisonWon't replace broken appliance

Bought two Amana heat pumps. One arrived with broken fins and bent copper cooling pipes, but because I waited more than two days to report it, AJ Madison refused to replace it, so I've spent $600 on an AC that was shipped broken. So buyer beware -- check your purchases as soon as they arrive or you'll be sorry. Terrible service. Wouldn't dare buy from them again.

AJ MadisonBroken Merchandise

I don't even know where to begin- they sold us a faulty Whirpool oven and sent a microwave that was SEVERELY damaged. All attempts to reconcile have been met with horrible customer service and they have continuously tried to get us to keep the broken microwave and take a "slight discount." After multiple phone calls and over the span of 28 days they finally agreed to send the new microwave which wasn't shipped for another week.

They were supposed to send someone with the new unit who was to pick up the old microwave at the same time- but they did not. When I called the woman was blatantly insulting, rude and all but hung up on me mid-sentence.

I've had to make countless 20-30 minute phone calls, missed 3 days of work having to wait for shipments that came insanely late and now will have to miss another for someone to come pick up the old microwave.

The entire process has been a complete nightmare and they made it painfully evident that they had no problems sending out broken merchandise and presumably have been getting away with forcing them on lesser-aggressive customers.

These people make me absolutely sick.

Broken Merchandise
            Broken Merchandise

ajmadisonscrewed up delivery and no extended warranty service

I bought 3 appliances from the in 2008. The original shipment was screwed up and we only recieved 2 of them. I called them and they said there was a mistake, that they would follow up and get back to me. The remaining appliance (a dishwasher) showed up several weeks later.
              The same dishwasher, which I bought an extended warranty for has now gone out. Called AJM and was told that I should have mailed in a warranty card that was supposed to come with the order but didn't. They looked up my order, found the extended warranty purchase but said it didn't matter that they had a record of it. They said the small card stated that it had to be sent in to the warranty company within one year for the extended warranty to be honored. How the heck was I to know that if I never received the card!!! I asked if there was anything that could be done about it, and they basically told me I was out of luck, that I should have seen the small card and mailed it in. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CROOKS AGAIN!

AJ MadisonDon't do business with them

Sold me a $2500 hood range from a virtually unknown company that they told me would work with my range. Did not work as they said it would. My kitchen filled with smoke, etc. I called to tell them it did not work and want to return it. They said no. "Too bad it's your problem now". Don't trust them. They promise knowledgable sales reps. They are actual crooks. After having this issue with AJ Madison I called another company and asked whether they would advise Futuro Futuro hoods for a Wolf griddle range. They said no, but if I did buy it and it didn't work that they would take it back within 14 days. AJ Madison are real crooks!!! BEWARE.

AJ Madison — Buyer Beware

Ordered an LG Washer and Dryer on November 16th because they were not available locally. They didn't...

Ajmadison.comDon't be suckered to buy from them

Don't be suckered to buy from them - I tried to purchase 2 air conditioner heaters for a apt complex and got a reciept that said shipped with an email confirmation, a week later i had not heard anything so i called and it was then they were suppose to be delivered, but to my surprize they are now on backorder. I tried to contact them for them to send me a comparable unit for the same price but the only thing they wanted to do was to sell me a more expensive unit. They will not work with you no matter what even if it is their fault.They tried to blame it on amana, but i called them and they told me which unit to tell them to send which is comparable, but i called aj madison and they said they would call me back but i havent heard anything yet, so when i tried again they were already closed. If this is the customer service you want deal with these people if NOT do not buy from them and maybe they will figure it out that customer service should be number 1, espacially when its their fault for not letting me know earlier or working with me.

AJ Madison — Non performance

Not a good company to do business with. We ordered a Kitchen Aid dishwasher on Jan 13, 2010. Two weeks later...

Darnestown

AJ MadisonBait & switch

Beware of a company that promises to match a price that is actually employing bait and switch tactics. Here is the story.

GE Cooktop JGP970BEKBB is the item
                    HomeEverything sells for $992.99 including delivery and taxes( if any)
                    AJ Madison advertises for $1144.00 including delivery and taxes (if any)

I call Madison and ask them to honor the following policy on their website.

"Do you match competitor's prices? Yes, AJ Madison will match any authorized dealer’s price!
                    If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery from an authorized dealer, contact AJ Madison with the competitor’s details and we will match that total price.
                    When contacting AJ Madison at [protected] or emailing mailto:[protected]@ajmadison.com you must provide all information, including shipping, handling and delivery date. AJ Madison reserves the right to require that a quote of a lower price from an authorized dealer be sent to us in writing.
                    Exclusions
                    AJ Madison will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. AJ Madison will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match. AJ Madison Price Match Policy does not apply to parts or accessories, AJ Madison licensed partner websites or digital services. AJ Madison will only price match guarantee will be valid prior to your order shipping out, once your order has shipped, we will not match a lower price. AJ Madison reserves the right to revoke this policy at any time."

Madison refuses to match the price citing the last line of the policy.
                    "AJ Madison reserves the right to revoke this policy at any time."

So, lets review, AJ Madison will not match the price regardless of the policy because the policy will be revoked as soon as you meet the requirements.

They did offer to lower their online price by a marginal amount. That is the definition of bait (the matching policy) and switch (no matching policy).

Are you following this????

Stay away...stay very far away from this company.

AJ Madison, Inc.Horrible Customer Service

On June 13, 2008 I ordered the below listed items from AJ Madison. Order# 1244402

1 KitchenAid KHMS2050SSS 2.0 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven with 1, 200 Cooking Watts, 16" Turntable, 10 Level Variable Cooking Power Control, Inverter Sensor Control & New TruCapture Ventilation System: Stainless Steel 649.00

1 KitchenAid KUDK03FTSS Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 4 Cycles, Optimum Wash Sensor and 54 dBA Whisper Quiet Plus Sound Insulation System: Stainless Steel 849.00

1 KitchenAid KESS908SPS 30" Slide-In Electric Range with 4 Radiant Elements, Self-Cleaning True Convection, CleanBake, Sabbath Mode, Front Tap Touch Controls & Warming Drawer: Stainless Steel 1, 859.00

Order Total: 3, 087.00

ALL 3 ITEMS WERE DELIVERED IN DAMAGED CONDITION! The dishwasher had a large gouge in the front from, what looked like a forklift. The range had a chipped glass top and dented face cover. The microwave had a dent to the top.

AJ Madison was initially helpful in attempting to resolve the issues. On July 8, 2008 Customer Support/Michelle offered the following in an email: "AJ Madison will give you 15% discount on the entire order and a 5 year warranty on the 3 units please email me back conformation that you accept the offer." An immediate acceptance was sent via email.

The damage to the microwave would be concealed when installed, no other corrective action was sought.

After 6 months, on November 7, 2008 AJ Madison decided that it could not repair the dishwasher and replaced it.

On the same date, November 7, 2008, AJ Madison was finally able to order the correct parts to have the range repaired.

They still had not issued the refund -OR- the warranties as promised.

Some time in December/January the 15% refund was issued, but only on the range and the microwave, as the dishwasher had been replaced. AJ Madison refused to honor their written promise of 15% refund on the ENTIRE ORDER as written in their email of July 08, 2008.

On January 26, 2009 after sending another of MANY emails to AJ Madison, I was told the Warranties had been processed and given a registration number and a website to go to. The registration number was for only ONE appliance.

To date (May 02, 2009), (Yes, nearly a year later) I am still waiting on the remaining warranties and I was told that I would not be getting the additional refund as promised. Never mind that I had a damaged dishwasher sitting in my house for 5 months that could not be used, or that they made a written contract with me and did not honor it.

• Ti
                          Tim Emery123 Sep 04, 2018

Run, do not walk, away from this company. Lots of salespeople, but heaven forbid you have a problem with their products. They won't help. Endless hold times and they finally just say no.

Stay far away from this company.

AJ Madison — Liebherr Refrigerator

We are customers who received a damaged, defective Liebherr domestic frig CS1600 on February 3, 2009 from AJ...

AJ Madison — Customer service

Sold me some grill station access doors as "Professional quality". Upon arrival I could see it was very...