Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Maytag Gas Range — gas range

I bought a new Maytag gas range with dual ovens in 2004. It workedfine until this year. In June the broiler...

Maytag Refridgeratorice maker

I bought a Maytag Fridge...side by side about 8 years ago. I immediately began having problems with the ice maker. Mainly ice freezing on the "teeth", and not being able to eject the ice...it would make this noise that sounded like a geiger counter...or a really squeaky door. It was horrible. It was covered under warranty so I had it replaced. The second ice maker had the exact same problems. By that time my warranty had run out. I went on Ebay and found another brand new icemaker and installed it myself (it was exactly what I already had, still in the box). You guessed it...same problem..creaking noises, frozen ice on the teeth things. I called Maytag for the tenth time and complained...actuallly couldn't call, had to file a complaint on their website. They told me I needed to contact a Maytag service repair man. It's been an insane problem. Unbelievably annoying and Maytag could care less. As disappointing a purchase I have ever made.

Maytagless than 1 1/2 year old stove caught fire without being used

I purhcased a new Maytag stove in late summer 2007. In the early morning of Saturday October 4, my new Maytag stove started on fire! The stove had not been used since the previous afternoon and it started shooting flames up my kitchen wall! Fortunately there was a fire extinguisher nearby and I was able to put the fire out before any real damage was done to my home. I have notified Maytag, however, they have not responded. I realize I am past the 1 year warranty, but I do believe that something as serious as this needs to be addressed and I am entitled to some type of response at the very least. I am going to have to replace this stove at my own expense for something that is obviously poor workmanship in the control panel. I would think that Maytag would not want to be responsible for what perhaps in the future would be a deadly fire because of their product.

Maytag — washing machine, poor service

Our 6 month old Maytag washing machine had some problems so we called the store that we bought it from for...

Brandon

Maytag — dryer is a lemon!

Piece Of Junk! Product/Service: Maytag Dryer 9/30/2008 Yelm WA I purchased a Maytag dryer in October of...

Yelm

2008 Maytag Washer — not working properly

I bought a maytag washer that doesn't work properly and when I went the store and asked that I would like to...

Toronto

Maytagterrible quality products

Maytag washer, model# sav515daww crapped out on me after just 4 years, paying $500, less a $30 scratch fee. After checking out this washer online, I found out that many people had the same problem with the boot having to be replaced. We had waived our warranty because of the scratch but others had tried to get theirs repaired by repairmen only to get the run around by maytag. Since, I found out that maytag is now whirlpool, so, buyer beware.

Years ago I was given a kenmore apt sized washer that hooks up to a faucet, and it was about 20 years old already. Not having a washer I was happy to snap it up. After 9 years my husband replaced the pump and we finally got a full sized washer from a job site he was working at and customer bought a new one... Had that one for 4 years, go figure, pay full price and get less out of a new product, maytag repairmen must be on vacation!! Now I found out my dryer needs a new ignition. My luck. I am off now to post a complaint about perfect flame split lid grill. Good luck ya all!!

Maytag — poorly manufactured

Would never buy this product ever again!! We purchased our maytag neptune washer 9700 model and dryer and...

Maytag Neptune And Maytag Dishwashernever buying maytag again!!

I thought Maytag stood for quality...NO MORE! Do not waste your money as I have. I bought 3 appliances in 2002...a Neptune washer dryer set for over $1800 and a dishwasher for over $500. The Neptune washer replaced a 30 year old washer that had earned it's right to die!! In 2007 the Neptune washer (Model MAH5500BWW) motor control ciruit board died and the door gasket was badly molded...we were never notified about the class action suit on the gasket however. So to save labor, we ordered parts for $283 and installed them ourselves.

Currently, the Maytag dishwasher (Model MCD5100AWW) racks are corroding and literally falling apart. Maytag says they have no record of this problem and the racks are no longer under warranty. Cost of racks is almost half the dishwasher cost. I'm so disgusted. I think I'll be going back to handwashing my dishes and who knows...maybe there is a ringer washer in my future!!!

• Do
            dorinda walker Sep 11, 2008

I totally agree. We have had our Neptune w/d set for several years now. We were also never notified of the lawsuit. My clothes smell bad, the washing machine literally jumps out in the floor and has ripped the linoleum. This set replaced my previous topload that was still working fine after 17 years(whirlpool brand). I will never buy Maytag again. Not sure the front loads are what I bargained for.

Maytagextreme dissatisfaction

I would like to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the Maytag

service group. I scheduled service on my Maytag wash machine last week.

Service was expected today between 8AM-12PM. Now is 3:30PM... up to this time, no one show up!

Because I cannot took the day off from work, I left an adult person to be at my house waiting for this service. But this person who makes me a big favor, was wasting his time, his energy and missing work.

Why? I was told by the service company, A&E Factory Service, the serviceman would call when on their way to my home. We did not receive no such call by now (3:30 PM.)

Notes: I called A & E customer services: [protected] @ 11:30AM, @ 1:00 PM and @ 3:00 PM to see what was the status of service.

They replied that the technician serviceman scheduled was finishing a call (@Howard Beach), very close to my area and I will be next; they assure me that he will be over shortly. But the last representative (phone call 3PM) said that the technician serviceman scheduled was finishing a call, have to go TO ANOTHER CALL SERVCIE and then, will be in my house .. I did not understand! Why they accomodate another new customer before me? ... Make no sense!. I start having bad feelings and I felt suspicious.. Which customer representative was giving me the right information?

I asked to speak with a Supervisor. Jennifer picked up (with no last name because she said that for security reason she is the supervisor but is not allowed to give her last name <?>) Her attitude and the tone she used to explain the delay of the serviceman was terrible!!! She NOT ONLY doesnt care about the hours we was waiting for the service, instead, she asked me if I want to reschedule. And (heard that: she informed to me that the serviceman went now to purchase supplies at Woodhaven area and to continue later with the Howard Beach appointment; When finish, he has another client to go (call #5) and then, will be my turn!!!(Now I was not the NEXT customer as previously mentioned to me; Now I was the call #6, period!). AND also, she confirmed that the technician will be working UP TO 5PM... If he couldn't make it today probably I must have to reschedule.

This company doesnt care if we (as a customers) loss salaries or waste our time...

Ah! ALSO she said that this serviceman IS THE ONLY ONE they have to provide services in our town!!! Can you believe???? What happened if the man get sick??? They have Only ONE TECHNICIAN...No substitutes!!! Unbelieve!!!

This type of unprofessional and unexpected answers infuriates me! Even when not able to meet their commitment, A&E offered no apologies.
          NOTE: Be sure if you need their services in the future, to be patient, do not make any other plans for the day of the appointment and... don't get upset with the situation (as I did it). There is NO SOLUTIONS available...

Maytagbad product

We purchased a basic Maytag washer in October of 2004 to replace our Whirpool, which we had for 14 years. In June of 2007, the transmission had gone out and the water seal had broken down, so it was throwing grease over our cloths. The transmission and seal was replace, but the labor was $120. A year later, the seal has failed again and the transmission needs replacing, again. This time they won't cover the seal kit, so the repair would be $200. I am not willing to throw another $200 at this machine. The repair guy said this model and other Maytags, have lots of transmission and seal kit problems. For my next washing machine, you can bet it won't be a Maytag.

• Valerie Jul 25, 2008

I own a set of Maytag Washer and Dryer for just turning 3 year-old. The drum of dryer was cracked! I called May tag service reps and they offer nothing toward replacement of a new drum. I believe it is a major defected. It costs $260.00 for the part; labor and diagnose estimated $400. My trusted repairman recommended to replace with a whole new brand altogether. He said he is not worth fixing with this much cost. It is not only a cheap quality products but also the service people are unprofessional and helpless. It is just too bad. While researching and writing this review, I found out how bad they stand behind their products. It is going down the hill for sure!

• Su
                SUZANNE Feb 17, 2009

March of 2008 I purchased a Signature Series W/D from Home Depot in Lexington SC. I paid for it with a new HD credit card. I paid off my credit card just 2 weeks ago before the intrest was applied and then two days later my Washer stopped working it would not spin/agitate . My clothes where sopping wet and covered in soap. What, was my washer hard wired into my checking account or WHAT.
                I went to the Maytag Website and was told when I tried to set up an appointment for a repairman to come to my home to repair it, I was told there were no repairman appintments in my area. WHAT! But they would give me the names of some in my area that I could freaking call myself. WHAT! Is that some kinda service or WHAT! Well it gets better after I called and set up an appointment with a local repairman he came by and took my washer apart told me it was the transmission and that it needed to be replaced. Okay. he also told me that it was caused by washing rugs and quilts/blankets/comforters. Okay the goof at the store told me something different. Well after a week the part was in, PROBABLY CAME FROM MARS. A WEEK. ANOTHER GEOGRAPHICAL ODDITY. Well today my part was placed and I can now wash clothes and not risk my life at the laudry mat. I loaded my washer NO COMFORTERS/BLANKET/ QUILTS NOR RUGS MIND YOU. After the washer stopped. I opened it up ready to get to the bottom of the weeks worth of laundry of a family of four when what to my weary eyes did I see my sopping soapy wet clothes. OKAY NO MORE MAYTAGS FORM ME. GIVE ME A RIVER AND A BLAME ROCK.

Maytagservice of lemon refrigerator

I am so disgusted with Maytag and their supposed customer service. I have had 5 service calls on my refrigerator between March and July, 2008, so far. The defrost mechanism on the Maytag ICE20 is faulty and continues to be so despite all pieces of said mechanism being replaced. I've had to shuttle my food between my kitchen and garage refrigerator once every 1-2 weeks, so I can defrost the refrigerator manually. Patiently, I've plodded along, telling myself the serviceman would find and fix the problem. At this point, however, it's clear that the problem is not going to be found. The refrigerator, as I've read elsewhere, is a lemon! Will Maytag declare it unrepairable? No! They need a second opinion, so they're sending out a serviceman of their choice tomorrow. And they're so proud that they put a priority on it and on the parts this time. The big question I have is will this guy actually show? The first one they scheduled didn't. I was told it was a computer problem. (Excuse my teenage response, but WHATEVER!). The bottom line is you honor your customers or you don't. Listen up, folks. MAYTAG DOES NOT HONOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. Don't be a lemon-sucker. Don't buy MAYTAG!

• Mi
                  Michelle Weeks Jul 10, 2008

jamie venteicher Sep 29, 2008

i here you. my parents bought the same fridge and it happens to them. the dealer would not fix it, said it is out of warranty, one month after boughten. my brother in law was a rep for maytag and they still wont do anything. only one solution, do not buy maytag. you send your work out of the country, find your customers in that country.

• So
                  sorayacherie Apr 14, 2010

MAYTAG SUCKS!! our fridge is doing the same thing!!!

• So
                  sorayacherie Apr 14, 2010

maytag SUCKS!!!

Maytagcrap dishwasher

We purchased a Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasher not quite 3 years ago. Now it doesn't drain, the control panel doesn't work and the handle is busted. Repair estimate is $370.

Is it really fair that consumers pay good money for these products and to no fault of our own have to replace a product 3 years later?

Maytag is willing to rebate 15% of the cost of a NEW Maytag dishwasher. My question is why would I want to spend a dime on a BRAND that has already proven to be a piece of crap? It is shame that Maytag cares more about their bottom line than making a quality product that lasts.

• Pe
                    penny Aug 11, 2008

I totally agree, it sounds like I have the twin piece of junk to this one.

• To
                    tom croll Nov 09, 2008

totally agree i bought 300 series dishwasher and self clean oven and both dont work very well says its at 350 degrees and its at 275, another 9 oclock dinner . never another maytag again

• Ce
                    celine jenc Aug 25, 2009

I had the same problem with my dishwasher . I will never ever buy Maytag agin it's a rip off . My best friend got a phone call from maytag they signed a contract for 15 8000$ for a/c heating central system she had 10 days to cancel her contrat with them and she canceled her contract before 10 days cause she found out that the seller was telling all ### lies that she would be saving heating cost that long term in 10 year it should come to the same amount as what she pays for the system. The bad thing is they started the work before 10 days so now she has holes in her ceramics, hardwood floors and basement walls .Now it's 15 days she is still waiting for them to come pick up their boxes and stuff that is taking so much place and to come fix the house as it was before, everytime she calls them they never return her calls now she has to look for a lawyer .it's ridiculous they haven't even called the bank to cancelthe loan all I know I my friend has 3 kids 2 of them babies and she has hardly time for herself and now she has to spend so much time and stress fixing up this hole situation cause maytad is full irresponsible. They are CROOKS

• Cl
                    Clint.P Sep 06, 2009

I bought a series 300 dishwasher 18 mouths ago. Now it won't drain and it is starting to make sounds like the it is shutting off and on while it is running. I think it is going to completely stop working. This thing is JUNK! Don't Buy.

• Si
                    sigal Feb 15, 2011

The worst nightmare with the products of Maytag. we called regarding damaged dishwasher after their recall for the defects, the supervisor - Reggy ID 3761 refuse to send technician, only if we pay. never never buy Meytag!!!

• Si
                    sigal Feb 15, 2011

Dont Buy Maytag. the service is the worst try to talk to the supervisor Reggy ID 3761 and you will see why.

Maytagnothing but trouble

I bought a Maytag Atlantis washer model #MAV8551AWQ in 2004 it has been nothing but trouble. Constant repairs, peace of Junk that should be recalled! Ate up the belt, black soot came out from underneath. Two valves. Two switches, two water pumps replaced. Motor replaced. Would not spin. Loud noise when washing and spinning. Twists and tears clothes. Leaves clothes wet after it is done. Is there a class action Lawsuit against this model? I know there was one for the Neptune washer. I also bought an Atlantis dryer Model #MDE6400AYQ it smells like a burning smell. Had a repair man look at it he claimed there was nothing wrong. Now it is starting to catch my clothes in the inside rim and tear my clothes!

Maytag Canadacustomer service

Worst customer service I have ever experience. From dealing with an incompetent service person to a very rude customer services manager. I do not think in today market, that one should have to wait 4-6 weeks to have something as simple as a washing machine repaired. I will never recommend that a person purchase any product that Maytag offers. The whole experience has just been troubling.

• Ca
                        CanadaMan227 Mar 04, 2011

The handle broke right off my $500 wall mount microwave in less than 2 years. I called Maytag and they took all the information including model number etc. They sent a technician out to have a look. As it turns out you cannot just get the handle, something they could have told me BEFORE coming out. Sure they were willing to replace the door for $300 plus the service call. Maytag should NEVER have sent a tech out to look when they KNEW the handle could not be replaced. Now I am out $120 for the cost of the service call and a microwave with no handle, still works just looks like crap.

• Kr
                        Kris Ho Oct 22, 2012

We have a 2000 series maytag front load washer and it puts holes in our clothes! Customer service didn't care at all! We have read many complaints about this and there is not even a recall!! Don't ever buy Maytag!

Makava May 17, 2013

Maytag has gone from being one of the best home appliance products to one of the worst piles of garbage that one can spend your hard earned money on, and it is all due to the quality of their after sales service and back up which is non existent, they simply do not care at all about the poor suckers that are stupid enough to buy the products that they build.

But what makes dealing with them so much worse is that their after sales is even worse than normal.

You spend your hard earned dollars on their product and then they have the absolute cheek to treat you as if its a privilege to deal with them or to get them to come out to deal with warranty issues, you are expected to accommodate them after you spent your money with them.

Where did we go so wrong that it has come to this, we as consumers should never have to accept such inferior products or service from anyone we are spending OUR money with.

Maytag / Icd20 French Door Bottom Freezerdefective refrigerator

The control panel on the left door of my Maytag Ice20 French Door Bottom Freezer went berserk--all the lights starting flashing and the water/ice dispenser door started flapping. I researched this problem on the web and quickly found a huge number of complaints from other consumers with the exact problem. Apparently the problem is so widespread, the Maytag/Whirlpool company is providing a free replacement control panel and in some cases free installation even after the warranty is out. This product should be recalled--it may be a fire hazard. Some consumers reported the ice and water poured out of the dispenser and could not be stopped. I turned off the water supply and emptied the ice tray. I also found a temporary solution which tells how turn off the lights and flapping door until the control board can be replaced-- http://www.fixya.com/support/t148884-maytag_ice20_refrigerator.

One person on the above site also tells how to do a self repair of the board.

I also have Maytag front loading washer and dryer. The control panel on the washer was defective and had to the replaced the first week after the washer was installed. I will never buy Maytag again--they no longer have quality products.

Maytagpeeling plastic, moldy, dented easily, chipped paint already,

two years ago we bought a maytag refridgerator and maytag gas stove... both are VERY poor quality. The stove grates are chipped and we have used it less than we usually would because we have been away a great deal. the stove grates are very difficult to clean when one follows the instructions. The grates will not fit in a sink and they are heavy to lift, something we should have noticed before buying. The refridgerator is already dented and the plastic is peeling and the place where has a slight dent is rusted because the paint came off. immediately when a frozen vegetable box hit it! The lift to veg compartment broke and cannot be repaired aand was attached by teensie pieces of plastic...On top of all that the drawers seem to mold because of the dampness?! I have no idea what THAT is about!! We have never had any problems with our appliances in the past. we have never bought Maytag before and we NEVER will again. We paid a GREAT deal for these products and are VERY unhappy. Enraged would be more appropriate...

Maytagtechnician from a& e repair never show up

We have Maytag washer which is still under warrnaty and making a noise. We called Maytag and they diverted us to "A & E Factory Service" for repairs. We called "A & E" and they showed up once to check that status. After checking the machine, technician suggested to do repair and order parts (Outer Hub etc.). Then they said schedule appointment after you receive parts. We did that. But technician never showed up for replacing the parts. We have to wait for morning 8.00 am till evening, but no body showed up. whenever we call they said "technician" is on his way. We have to take day-off from work to wait for customer. This is happened 4th time that we schedule next appointment and no technician turned around. When we call "Support" number, it was the same answer. No body from "A&E Factory Service" bother to give us status.

We have since many complained launch against this company on internet in different states. We strongly suggest not to choose "A & E Factory" service for any repairs as this company does not know how to statisfy customer or what customer service is.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 06, 2012

Hello Ms. Carlton. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information toMaytag.[protected]@maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Je
                              JEFF DAVIES Jul 16, 2008

MAYTAK WIDE BY SIDE WATER AND ICE DISPENSOR MY MOTHER HAS THE SAME ONE, THEY STOP WORKING RIGHT AT 4 YEARS OLD. SOMTHING ABOUT THE PANEL LOCATION AND FREEZING. SEEMS THIS IS A KNOWN DEFECT. NOW TRY TO GET SOMONE AT THE HOUSE TO FIX IT, THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER COMPLAINT...SEARS SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Joy Jul 24, 2008

I agree customer service stinks. It's been about a year and my deluxe model Whirlpool Duet Large capacity front load washer has still not been repaired or replaced. We endured about 10 service calls and waiting for more than 20 different parts over the year including an overhaul taking almost 4 hours service time in attempt to fix it but they can't get it to work properly. Problem breeds problem. A and E repairmen (authorized factory rep of Sears, Whirlpool and alot of different manufacturing lines) called the stack line and reported it as not repairable after the 1st overhaul attempt failed but Whirlpool refuses to replace the machine or offer a reasonable monetary compensation. The machine was 3 yrs at our first service call and now has problems much worse with each repair and still not resolved (Initially we heard a noise during the spin and wanted to nip any problem in the bud so we called for service to check it out but the machine worked). After they made attempt over attempt to fix constant problems following this 1st repair we complained because we were without a properly working washer after so many attempts to repair and never mind the mess in my home from malfunction following a repair, thats a whole other story. They offered a 20% discount on a new machine by the first rep and when we said this wasn't satisfactory were offered a 10% discount by a supervisor not knowing (or knowing and being nasty because we were not satisfied with 20%) as the orginal rep offered 20% prior. I don't think this is fair for a 3 yr old $1, 200 washer. Please note it has been used very gently by a couple of older folks in their 50's with no children left in the household not a public laundermat . I am saying this costly machine should be expected to give 10 years service or possibly more. Mean time we used 10 days from work and countless hours on the phone trying to get this machine fixed. I think these big companies know the individual consumer is helpless to do anything and they take advantage. Thats the history. Today the service man was supposed to be here between 8 am and 12 noon after a 3 month wait for all the parts on back order to arrive ( filling my garage and preventing our car from it's home). They are offering an other overhaul costing more than the machine rather then replacing the machine despite the advise of their own repairmen . They call first so you have to leave the phone free as well as wait. No show. I call and am told it won't be longer. 2 pm in the afternoon and still no service. I call again and again. It's now 5pm. I am so frustrated. I am writing this in hopes the consumer can bann together and gain more protection against this mistreatment. I do remember when appliance companies were service and product oriented. Consumer affairs had power or at least time to get involved and protect the individual customer. Companies were not comglomerates (Jennair, Whirlpool, Kitchen aid, Maytag all the same company now) and needed to be competitive by maintaining the integrity of their products and consumer service.
                              Whats a consumer to do? We need representation and advocacy. No working washer. No show Service. Lost wages. Unending calls. Problem time over a year.

• Ka
                              Katherine Carlton Feb 01, 2012

I bought my washer less then a year ago from Home Depot in Fullerton, Ca. A Maytag washer. The door latch went bad, and the tech was suppose to come back out when latch was mailed to me. I was set up a second appointment with A&E for service on [protected] between the hours of 12pm-5-pm. On [protected] at 1530 hours I called A&E to find out the status of when the tech will be at my home to repair my washer. I was told the tech had to go to the hospital. No one would be showing up. They scheduled for [protected] between 12pm-5pm. I have been in contact with Home Depot where I purchased the washer from, and spoke with a Christine who says A&E is the only contractor maytag deals with. I told her at 1550 hours the tech has not yet arrived and I will be calling at 1700 hours if the tech did not show up. If the tech does not show up, I will be taking the store and A&E and maytag to court . Christine said she is keeping track of my calls. Update...Tech just called 4:10pm, stating he is on his way. I will never buy another maytag product.

Maytag Service Contractnot worth the price or reputation

Convection & regular oven work the same. It doesn't matter what I'm cooking or what temperate & you pay extra for that! The porcelain is so thin it has chipped off at each point the grate touches or rubs. The pullout draw has 2 gauges in the porcelain from screws in the oven door above it. Poor insulation leaves outside frame pretty hot with normal bake temperatures.

The microwave above doesn't vent (pull out smoke, heat)anything and the installation was ok'd by appliance service.

Jenn-air/Maytag never responded to written complaints except to send me app for extended warranty services. I've bought enough service warranties to cover the cost of a new range. no more Jenn-air for me.

Maytag Neptune Clothes Washerwhat a joke!

I have a four year old Maytag Neptune washer that has a worn out spin bearing and I am looking at anywhere between $500 to $700 dollars of repair because it is such an involved repair. After checking on the web, this is a very common compliant about Maytag's Neptune. Maytag customer service--what a joke--only could offer me a 15 percent voucher the purchase of a new clothes washer--what arrogance. Maytag engineers must know of this flaw. I checked Consumer Reports and they rate the Maytag Neptune the highest in repairs of any washer tested.

• Di
                                  Diane Wotherspon Jan 31, 2009

We had a Maytag neptune purchase in June 05 and it would cost us 600 to have it repaired -we purchase
                                  a new one in the 3000 series i'm hoping it will last longer . Just 2 people in house using it . If I start having
                                  troule with this on -no more chances. We were stuck between a hard rock because we would have owed the service co over 300 in repairs they wiped it clean. But still on the fence whether we did the right thing.

Diane

• Bi
                                  Bill Martin Mar 29, 2009

Our Maytag Neptune has also been troublesome with a spin cycle that wouldn't complete without changing it to the extended spin setting.

Now, it makes noise, but won't do anything and the feedback on the units scares me. Should I even both with the repair of this thing?

Bill Martin