Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Maytag/quiet Series 300piece of crap after 1 1/2 yr

I also bought a Maytag quiet series legacy 300. It was part of a 3 appliance package. It did not last more than 1.5 years. It is now a dish rack in my newly purchased home. What a shame. I wish I knew then, what I know now. Maytag is also a cheese manufacturer. Mostly Blue Cheese. Hope no one gets sick on that crap like the bad performance I have received from this washer. I will never and hope none of you ever, purchase this product. BTW. The replacement parts are no longer manufactured. So sucks to be us. No repair! if you find the part. It will cost you more than the friggin machine cost! Have a great day MAYTAG. Now I know why your man never does anything. He doesn't have to!!! Machines die, no repair possible, or warranty expires! Like the Maytag!!!

Maytag Neptune Dryercannot repair

Good Morning, it is too bad I have to send this email as your Brand has always been a favourite in our family's households. While I understand this is not directly your problem as the manufactures warranty has expired it is a slight on your brand which I feel you may have interest in helping resolve.
    I will not bore you with the gory details but we are currently in a battle with Comerco (extended Warranty) over replacement of the dryer purchased at Home Depot in 2006. The Dryer hashad several repairs over the short life including two drums and a control panel and finally they could not find a third drum which is out of round and again another control panel. So Comerco the aftermarket warranty compant supporting Home Depot said they would replace it and here is the last chain of emails as of this morning:
    Subject: Rush TR: VERY ANGRY! dryer replacement
    Importance: High

Good morning Mrs.
    I have transferred this email to the replacement department who is the only department that can help you when it's concerning a replacement file. Someone should be in contact with you; this email has been transferred directly to her so that she can take care of you(you are in cc).

Agente, Service à la clientèle, Centre Contact
    Agent, Customer Service, Contact Center
    comerco
    www.comerco.com
    Est-ce nécessaire d’imprimer ce courriel ?
    Is it necessary to print this e-mail?

Envoyé : 5 novembre 2009 13:12

Objet : VERY ANGRY! dryer replacement, who authorized the replacement? We have a Neptune piece of ### dryer that quit working last. They finally delivered the dryer, it is completely wrong its an apartment size dryer! The guy is just here I am not going to accept this. I have talked to Maytag and they told me to talk to you because the replacement authorization came from you. I am rejecting the delivery as we speak and I want this sorted out ASAP!
    I want a dryer and I want it now! OR I will go and purchase a dryer and charge Maytag

If you care at all about your Brand and customer satisfaction you will take notice and try to help us resolve this otherwise disregard and lose a future generation of Maytag customers.

Sorry for the long email and thanks for listening.

Maytagdishwasher mdbh945

I want to thank everyone on here who has submitted their complaints, suggestions, and irritations regarding the maytag dishwasher Quiet Series! Mine is a MDBH945, and recently it just stopped working. Actually, the START button would not acuate. The others would let me choose a program, however that much needed start button wouldn't get the game going. After a few days of lengthy research, on phone chats with Maytag techies, it was brought to my attention the control board and/0r the membrane board needed to be replaced. I was at my wits end testing all the circuits, ohms-ac/dc...I bought this machine to avoid having to work on it for God sake! Nevertheless, here I was...after reading further on this site...it occured to me that to avoid more hassel, not to mention costs, it was going to be far worth purchasing another machine by an obviously DIFFERENT company! As on last ditch effort, I decided to do the "mommy" spit shine on the ribbon that connects the the 2 boards. Who would have thought a good ole fashion finger scrub would fix the problem? My husband and I were both amazed that a bit of mommy spit on a mommy finger to clean the stupid ribbon would provide the means necessary to fix the problem! Yippee! Problem fixed~ Machine is working perfect! Oh I am sure its final demise is near, however the new dishwasher savings jar has now been implemented. Goodbye Maytag! I should charge you for simple discovery, instead of you charging me service calls!

Maytag Dryer Model# Mde4806aywservice contract non coverage

I purchased my Maytag Dryer Model# MDE4806AYW in Dec. 0f 2005 (less than 4 years ago). 2 days ago is started making a screaching, grinding noise (like metal on metal). I called the number indicated on my service contract and was told it was not covered because it was still functional. Because it would still dry my clothes, I was supposed to run it until it no longer functioned, with the possibility of a causing a fire. I am totally appalled at this. I will not be renewing my contract when it comes due in December. What a waste of money!! I thought Maytag was supposed to be so dependable...buyer BEWARE! No wonder the Maytag repair man isn't busy...he never gets sent out on service calls because it's not covered.

Maytag Service Contractsdid not provide protection

We purchased the Maytag newptune approx eight years agao. Within a month, the mother computer board went. Within the first year the mother board went again. Both times it was serviced promptly but because of these problems, we purchased the Maytag Dependability Plus Extended Service Plan. We have had occassion to use it about three times in the last few years. On the last renewal of the plan (previously bought two one yr plans for approx $76 each), we purchased the three yr plan for approx $300. I called because the machine sounded like a freight train going thru the house. I was told until it stopped working it wasn't broken and would not service it. I waited a couple of weeks and called back and told them clothes were not wringing out. The tech came and said the machine could not be fixed. The drum was almost totally disconnected from whatever it is suppose to be connected to and it needed ball bearings. With the Plan, it would cost us $1000 approx to get fixed. I don't get it "why would this cost $1000 with the plan". I consider my $300 stolen by an unreputable company. This washer was a piece of junk from the beginning and so isn't the Maytag Dependability Plus Extended Service Plan.

Maytag Dehumidifierwarranty

I purchased two "Maytag" Dehumidifiers. They both had 5 year warranties. In less than 5 years they both quit working with compressor problems. When I contacted Maytag, they said the dehumidifiers were made be Fedders under the Maytag name. Fedders has gone bankrupt and Maytag will not support the warranty. In the fine print in the user guide it says the warranty is a Fedders, not Maytag warranty.

Beware of buying anything Maytag! You have to read the fine print to find whether it is a Maytag product. If it's not Maytag, they won't support the warranty. They have done this with more than dehumidifiers. I have also learned that they have done it with air conditioners among other products. The Maytag name in a product doesn't mean it is manufactured and warranted by Maytag, now a part of Whirlpool.

Maytag Quiet Seriesdirty dishes

How to resolve the problem with dirty dishes if you own a Maytag Quiet Series 300.

I am submitting this in the hope that it helps people who are having this problem and it is a relatively easy task to do.

1. Disconnect the applicance from power. (Very Easy)
              2. Remove the dish racks. (Very Easy)
              3. At the base of the unit remove the fixtures which hold the cleaning blade. (Very Easy. You can also take a digital picture or a marker if you have any reservations where to put the screws back)
              4. Pull out the filter. It is a circular rim about 9 inches in diameter.
              5. Clean the filter with some strong acidic cleaning fluid. Please note you have to squirt the cleaning fluid into the filter as it does not open. This is very easy as there are two inlets. Please spend the time to clean the filter until it is as clean as you can get. This is ever so easy but it is essential.
              6. Assemble the dishwasher back.
              7. Power on and you should be set.

Alternatively you can look to buy a new filter. But save the money and clean it yourself and do not call a serviceman in and waste $65,

If this works for you please email me and let me know. I would be bvery pleased to hear that it helped.

Maytag Appliancescam charges

I was given Maytag Appliance Services' number(by Thermador) to contact to service my Thermador extractor. They said it was $137.95 for the service call which would be applied to the repair job.

The repair man said he would have to return because it was a two man job and they would have to order parts.
                Five weeks later having not heard from Maytag I called and was told they would check on parts and call me back within twenty-four hours.

Two weeks later having still not heard from Maytag I call and am told one part is in and they will check on the other part and call back.

One week later having again not heard from Maytag I call and am told by a supervisor, much to my astonishment, that Maytag no longer service Thermador and no parts were ever ordered! However, I am told someone will call me with a solution.

The next day Maytag due actually call me and leave a message (which I still have) on the answering machine stating that they will credit the charge back to my credit card. Three weeks later I call Maytag and ask them why the charge still has not been credited back to my card.

Maytag tell me that they are unable to credit the charge back to my credit card and that they must send my refund in the form of a check! Furthermore since they mail their refund checks out on a Friday and it being Saturday and furthermore I should allow seven to ten days for the check to reach me!

Now I did do the math and I did realize that this would put me just beyond the ninety days that the credit card company gives you to dispute the charge but inspite of the "run around" Maytag had already given me, the operator sounded soo sincere and I still could not believe that a company as large and as I thought at the time, reputable, would stoop to such unethical practices as to continually lie to a customer in order to string them along past the ninety days so as to not have to return money charged for a service they chose not to perform.

Maytag Washer, Pav5000 — service contract

Your appliances are not what they used to be. I wish the Maytag man can come to my house to repair my...

Maytag — maytag aka whirlpool washer

I purchased a supposedly brand new Maytag washer aka Whirlpool and Maytag dryer from Home Depot on the 6000...

Leons / Maytag Washerhorrible service

Wow...

Never, ever... Buy an appliance or anything at leons that required extended warranty! My maytag s. S. Dishwasher went on the fritz on may 15th and I still have not had it fixed or returned and today is july 21st!! They don't have their own technicians, so all warranty work is done by second or third party. Not only were they rude and abrupt, but they could care less about you as a customer. I swear, if I didn't have a family to support, I would take that pos maytag dishwasher and launch it through their bloody front window!!

Never again...

Maytag 2561 — french door - right hand door pops open

If you have a maytag refrigerator with french doors and the right hand door pops open when you close the...

A&e Warranty Repair Service / Maytagcan not get repair service

I purchased my first, only, and last Maytag product, a refrigerator in December 2008 from hhgregg. The door is not closing correctly so on July 9, 2009 I called their warranty repair service, A&E, for service. They told me the first available date for service was July 17, 2009 and I could select between the hours of 8-12 or 1-5. I chose 1-5.

On, July 17, 2009, at 12:15 I recevied a call from Celeste of A&E advising that they would ahve to cancel and rechedule my appointment because my appointment had been "FORCED" on them when they had no appointment avaialble. I told her I had not forced anythign and had taken time off from work to have this repaired and she told em that there was nothing I could do because when an appointment is "FORCED" they can cancel it. I then spoke to Marco - a manager who put me on hold tto call the routing area, then disconnected me.

I then called back and spoke with another lady, who told me the first available service date was July 31, 2009, TWO WEEKS from today and over THREE WEEKS from my original service call! I told her unacceptable. She told me thay had canceled the serive of over twenty other cusotmers that day because the tech manager deceided he was not paying overtime. She transferred me to Regina in their Customer Interactive Services division. We were disconnected and I called back and spoke with Adele who after much conversation explained to me that Celeste didn't mean that I had forced the appointment she meant that their customer service center had forced the appointment and she didn't know how that could be since the appointment was made over a week a ago. She also told me that they had been forced to make cutbacks due to the bad ecomony AND that they had fired all of their "grouchy" technicians in order to IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE...I told her that apporach was not working! She said that after this masssive firing they were trying to hir enew, friendly technicians since they had a lot of customer complaints about the grouchy ones. She also advised that after the technician manager saw 20 extra calls after having his group reduced decided to cancel the calls. I told her I did not know how my callc was an extra call since it was made a week in advance, but their sesrvice tech manager Mr. mason made the call as to who was canceled without regard to who had made the appontments first. She told me they would place me on the sooner service list if anything comes available and had FORCED a service call for July 22, 2009 and I told her I was not available for that date, so she told me it would have to be Friday, July 31! So that's where we are.

No more hhgregg...no more Maytag!

Maytag Washerpoor warranty service

I too, have a complaint and A&E factory service personnel and deceptive practices. I have a 2 month old front load Maytag washer. All the fancy buttons and cycles. The on/off and the pause/start buttons stopped working. I called one Maytag repair service company and when they found out it was warranty work, they said to call somebody else!!. I then called Maytag and got A&E number for warranty repairs. They came out promptly the first time, determined it was the "motherboard" (or something equivalent) and ordered the part. They said they would be back in 10 days with the part and repair. BUT, if I wanted it repaired quicker, while the repair was covered under the warranty, the expediated shipping was not, so I could pay $28 for the part to be FEDEX'd and they would be back on Saturday. (4 days). Thinking, I will pay that much and have to go to the LaundryMat, I said okay. They gave me a card with an 800 number on it to call when the part arrived. I diligently watched for the package on my porch and on Thursday night the part had arrived. I called the number (all automated) and all was well. They even had an automated system call my cell to confirm they would be back on Saturday. I got a call on Saturday saying the technician was at my house, even though I had requested a 15 minute warning call to run home from work. I made it home in 7 minutes, but no one was at the house. I called the number back and got a different operator and told him no-one was there. He stated, no he would be there in 15 minutes! (okay get your stories straight, people). I waited 30 minutes and called them again. This time he stated that the technician was "still waiting" for me to get home. No, I replied, he is NOT at MY house and confirmed the address for the 3rd time. They insisted he was indeed at my house 4 or 5 more times. Finally, with me standing in the middle of the street, I see the van drive up. Driver stated " the GPS directed me 2 blocks over" and when questioned what the street sign said, he replied that he never looks at the green signs. OMG! Now, I acknowledge that I am definitely unhappy at this point. Then he gets in the house, opens the box that FEDEX had delivered and stated, "Nope, not the right part, where is the other box?" We only received one box. He called the "shop" and was told the other part was on backorder.

I haven't heard from them since. Now I am looking for another company to fix my Maytag washer.

• Sd
                          sd1821 Mar 08, 2010

First and foremost I have to say that I have never had a worse experience with a company that I was paying to do a repair. I found the customer service rep & Manager in the call center HORRIBLE as well as the Field tech was very unprofessinal. I set up and appointment for Sat 3/6/2017 from 1-5pm the tech call to advise he was on the way however he needed to confirmed that i could pay for the charge for the visit and the parts. The tech came in and took the front of the washer apart and ran a full load. Why he took the front of the washer apart I'm not sure because my ticket stated that the leak was in the back of the washer. The tech was in my home about 25 mins and informed me that there was no problem with the washer, he closed up the washer and was out of the house within 45 mins. Saturday evening I went to use the washer and within 15 mins of running the washer I had water running from the back of the washer. I called A&E and requested to speak to a supervisor because I didn't want to take out my anger on the CSR. The rep gave me to a supervisor by the name of Robert Galvin I explained the situation to Robert however he went on to tell me that they dont have service visit on Sunday but he would give me an appt for Monday between 8a-12p. I requested a call from Robert manager Aron McDaniel (it's now 9:25pm 3/7/2017 & I've yet to get a call from Aron. 3/7/2017 I received a automatic call to remind me that I had an appointment set up for 3/8/2017 8A-12P. I was so upset I called the horrible call center again and I was treated so bad I finally just asked that the tech be sent today. The same DUM Tech came back again and advise me that he had to charge me another 45 for a part and it would be 48 hrs before the part would arrive. To sum up this horrible treatment I received I paid 174.00 to be treated like ### and my washer is still broke. I'll be following up with Maytag to advise them of the service I received from there Contracter.<br />
                          DO NOT USE A&E Factory Service if you have appliance repair. request another contracter because these people do not belive in CUSTOMER service!

• Co
                          colleen attencio May 04, 2010

we bought a maytag washer 7 yrs ago and it never worked properly from day one. we/ve had a repairman out almost yearly and always told me just run it till it breaks. (we had a warranty) well, now the transmission is shot and it's been three weeks waiting for the part. I WILL NEVER BUY A MAYTAG OR FROM SEARS AGAIN AS THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES. I HOPE THIS GETS TO THE BIG SHOTS UPSTAIRS, BECAUSE ANYONE I KNOW WILL HEAR ABOUT YOUR SERVICE. my husband has been a sears customer for 50 years and we will not be customers anymore.

Maytagawful company

Maytag Model #MMV4205 This model was bought less then three months before the heating element burnedout. Maytag would not exchange. Told us they would send a repair person to fix. 5 days later rerpair man comes and says he cannot fix it since he did not have the parts. An order is placed to order the parts. A week later one part shows up broken. When the Maytag repair man shows up he says that parts is no good and that the two other parts were backordered and would not ship for a month. We call there response number and request to get this resolved quickly and do not want to wait another month to get the microwave fixed. The person (jeff) at customer service tells us that he can not do anything but put an expedite in for the parts. We inform him that the repairman had already tried to put an expedite on the part and that he was tiold that because this is a new model that they cannot get us a part till then. The customer service person tells us he does not believe this and says that an expedite will be put in and that we have to wait for the part. This is the worst service I have dealt with. We spent over $400 on a microwave that is supposed to be the top of the line and instead the problems make us feel as if this was the worst decision to buy this model. Customer service (Jeff) was informed this complaint would be put in and he dergards are frustration does not help us. All we want is to have a working microwave. A replacement model would have sufficed which they could do immediately but instead they make us wait and go without a microwave for who knows how much longer.

Maytag, Freezer On The Bottomcyclic thaw and freeze

My bottom freezer, french door fridgerator, is going to cyclic thaw and freeze.During the course, We hear it going to through "whine and one click" for day or two and the whole fridge and freezer stop working, all the food is thawed and warm.We call the repair guy from the home owners warranty.By the time he comes, it two or three days later and it is back working on its own.We pay the guy to tell me that there is nothing wrong.We have gone through in loops with the warranty company and Maytag.No solutions yet, but losing money on the repair guys and the food that is thawed and thrown away.
                          We were going to buy Maytag washer and dryer, but we settled for Fisher and Paykle.
                          As We read all the letters from vexed up Maytag customer, we should have class action suit against Maytag

Maytagdangerous products

We purchased a Maytag dishwasher, purchased the top of the line metal tub etc. they never informed me of the potential to burn down my house. Yes it almost did. After the sparking incident I Found out about the recall I called the company they said mine was too new and not on the list .

I explained that the repair man that came was a retired whirlpool -Maytag repair man and it should not have sparked like it had and I was lucky that we were home and I cut the power. Or it would have burn down the house.

Now after 3 weeks of trying to get them to do something finally a repairman of their choice came out . He said it was one of the worse he had seen the entire wire harness was fried. And he would have Maytag-whirlpool send the appropriate parts to repair and prevent from happening again. Why are they not informing the public and correcting the problem before they sell these dangerous products. This leaking into the wiring hazard issue: has been going on for quite some time.

Maytagpoor reliability

Re the Maytag Performa sise by side refrigerator. Ice maker quit after warranty. Now the freezer has quit . Model PSD243LGRQ. Very disappointed in the unreliability for such a brand name.

• Su
                                  sundberg Jul 16, 2009

New Maytag Dryer - Purchased at Best Buy, took 30 days for delivery - that was with repeated calls to both Best Buy and Maytag to take 14 days of schedule (originally scheduled for 14 day delivery). Worked for 3 months then blower moter went bad. Have waited over 2 weeks for part with Maytag repair shop unwilling to give any kind of date when part will be available to them.
                                  Not a satisfactory situation

• Kw
                                  kwansik Dec 17, 2009

On August 2009. May Tag dishwasher, dry machine and washer made purchase from Home Depot at Torrance California. time lapsed 4 months. since beginnig, time adjustment is malfunction, impler is malfunction, time cycle is mulfunction. service men say he will replace the parts. I requested HOME DEPOT of taking back all my appliace. they refused my return. it has been hadache. I have no choice throw away all of my appliance, I got a buy LG appliance. Please give me any idea, Can I bring the issue to small claim court ? MY e-mail to kwansik @ sbcglobal.net

• Em
                                  emarson Jan 30, 2017

Ups model no gxtmt+2k off kar ke charg me lagane par ti ti ti ka aawaj hota hai aur on karne par aawaj band ho jata hai.

Maytag Fridge Model Rsw22eoI enterd web site to ask about fixing a refriderator. they charged my credit card, but never sent an e-mail on what to do.

I entered fixya.com web site to find out fix a maytag refridgerator model rsw22eo. they charged my credit card, but never sent me an e-mail back in response. I think they should refund me the $14.99 they charged me. gary claybaugh at [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Maytag Refrigerator — recall

Maytag voluntarily recalling about 1.6 million maytag and other brands refrigerators because of fire hazard...