Maytagmaytag washer that leaves white residue on dark clothes

K Oct 05, 2019

I have a Maytag Washer Model MVW65555DWI purchased a year ago...My whole family only purchases Maytag Washer/Dryers...but, this one I'm not happy with. This is my first "no agitator" washer and I definitely don't think it cleans the clothes properly. My dark clothes come out with "white residue" that is very hard to get off. I use a cup of bleach and use the Clean cycle, but it doesn't help. I don't think I should have to purchase another product to clean a product that is suppose to clean in the first place. I use HE dertergent, but still have white on the darks. I've cleaned the dispenser tray, still "white residue". I've just about given up...Any suggestions????? The salesman at Lowe's strongly recommended this model, as I wanted an agitator machine. I thought Maytag proprobably came out with newer, smarter technology that improved the washers, but this is definitely a step backwards.

• Updated by Kitty Heckel · Oct 05, 2019

a cup of bleach is what the users manual says . Also, i use the recommended amount of ALL HE detergent

• Updated by Wp2008 · Oct 18, 2019

Hi Kitty Heckel, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly at [protected], via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!

• St
    Steve Carew May 01, 2021

Bought a Maytag waher for cloth and fought with it for 2 years trying to get rid of the white residue. Rather than divorce I researched the market and found that Maytag is supposed to be the best so I bought another one this time with an agitator. Problem is exactly the same. In my and apparently other peoples MAYTAG MAKES THE POOREST EXAMPLE OF A SUPPOSEDLY CLOTH WASHER THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. Never buy Maytag anything.

• Ji
    Jill Thomas Apr 12, 2021

I have the same problem it's awful and ruining my clothes. My washer is also only a year old bought at Loews..Maytag what do you have to say?

• Li
    LibbyLaylon Feb 03, 2021

I too have the same problem. Regardless of the amount of detergent, softener, etc. I still have the same problem with my dark clothes. Sometimes it seems like lint, other times it seems like a powder. I use Tide pods so no dry detergent.

Any solutions?

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Oct 05, 2019

The key is finding out what the white residue is. Using a full cup of bleach is easily too much. Along those same lines, you can also use considerably less detergent - - neither should be more than 1/3 of a cup.

• Ki
    Kitty Heckel Oct 05, 2019

@Mr. Helpful a cup of bleach on the clean cycle is what it says in the users manual. i use a small amount of HE detergent