Maytag Dependability Plusdoes not honor warranty

M

We have a Jenn Air range stove and the grill portion was not working properly. We had purchased the Dependability Plus Warranty. We called and they suggested cleaning out these small holes which were clogged. We tried to do this and it didn't work. They told us to have someone come out and this would be covered. We had someone come out and they fixed it for $117.91 and said it wasn't covered. He was there less than 5 minutes. I then called Maytag Dependability Plus and they said that it wasn't covered and were making excuses saying it was our "abuse and neglect."

Do not purchase this warranty. It is not worth the paper it is written on, and the personnel will tell you parts and service are covered until you actually make a claim.

• Ha
    Happyroadrunner Dec 28, 2019

Maytag washer model MVWX655DW2 on the normal cycle does not have enough water to get all the clothes wet. Maytag's response is use the deep water cycle. My response I want the machine to operate as designed. I was told by a maytag representative that's the best the machine will do. My advice is to steer clear of maytag products.

• Ju
    Julie-the silent Dec 21, 2019

Hello,
    We bought a brand new, Maytag washer a few months ago, and ever since it has been showing problems, the water temperature is always warm and hot. It won't work if I put on cold. After soaking, it doesn't wash, and after rinse/spin, sometimes it's still soaking wet. They can send a technician out, charge $175, it's still under the warranty

• Ri
    Rich52 Nov 25, 2019

You told me you was cover bill didnt pay when washing machine got fixed lied i will never buy another whirlpool product dont stand behind merchandise all do lie make folks buy your stuff dont service when still under warranty

• Tr
    Tracy Hastings Oct 21, 2019

The panel board died after only 1.5 years and costs more than the washer to repair!!! My washer before this lasted 8.5 years!!! I bought my Maytag through Home Depot along with the matching dryer. I read that this model is one of the top brands, however it only lasted 1.5 years...

• Bl
    blynch663 Jan 22, 2019

For years I have been washing small loads because the spin does not work properly. I'm now finding out the Centennial Models are essentially "lemons". What can be done to get my machine to run properly?

• Ji
    Jim1 Aug 20, 2009

Total discust. I will never buy another Maytag product.

• Ji
    Jim1 Aug 20, 2009

I purchased a Maytag Dependability Plus warranty for our washer and dryer on 11/4/2008.
    On 8/3 2009 our dryer stopped working. After about 6 feeble atempts to repair it Maytag said we exceeded the cost of the dryer and too bad for us as they would pay no more.
    However their website states that they will repair or replace the appliance with purchase of the warranty.
    I have sent a letter to the attorney general consumer protection agency. I also complained to the better Business Bureau along with an e-mail to Dan Rodericks of the Sun.

• Li
    Linda Smith Jul 29, 2007

We purchased a refrigerator in 2001 and bought the extended warranty at that time. Recently something happened to my icemaker I called extended warranty and they had no record I had bought the extended warranty. I sent Maytag a copy of my original receipt showing I had purchased this, but they will not honor this. The dealer has gone out of business, Scotts Maytag... Which leaves me with nothing,

johnny Apr 14, 2007

Does not cover if you exceed the cost of the appliance. Worst extended warranty.