ADVERTISIMENT
Fri:9:30 am - 9:30 pm
Sat:9:30 am - 9:30 pm

Reviews and Complaints

MarshallsFireplace gate incident

This incident happened two weeks ago but it is a very serious situation. I was with a friend looking around until I was in the blanket section where three of these heavy metal and wooden edged fireplace gates fell. (It's a gate that covers the front of a fireplace I assume; it didn't come in a box, just free standing). They fell in domino formation landing right on my left ankle. It left me two bloody deep cuts and left a terribly painful bruise on the ankle and bottom of my foot. At the time there was a family on the other side and I believe they are why it fell on me. It was a lady who was on the phone and barely paying attention, and got close to the gate and most likely bumped into it. But as soon as she saw it landed on me she and the other person with her started to help me pick them up and put them back in place. While doing so I realized how heavy they were and how sharp the metal edges were. I tried to file a complaint but it didn't go through at that time so I'm trying again but also because my ankle is still in pain!! The cuts have healed and left scars but the bruise that was on my ankle is still bruised on the inside and is still very sore. It has been swelling up and I've been having to stop put pressure on it because it gives me sharp pain that spreads from that spot to the center top of my foot where most of the nerves are. All of this has built up since the 8th of august (2021). Not to mention the manager was just following me and my friend throughout the store greeting us with a "good morning" when it was 30 minutes till 8 at night. Then as soon as something happens to one of us he disappears.
At that time I was disappointed I couldn't get help and no one saw what happened to me besides my friend. And that don't feel comfortable shopping there anymore because that manager made me feel so uncomfortable with how long he followed us, which was the moment we started looking around. I don't want to go into Marshall's knowing they have rude workers and have merchandise that's unsafe, near a children's section area and not laying down or having bubble wrap on he edges of it to prevent this type of situation from happening. September 10th and I'm still in pain and disappointed.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Us
      usellgarbage Oct 15, 2021

they sell nothing but junk!! clothes dont fit right, anythink else dont work after a few day, if its not broke when you pay for it give it a few days and it will just fall apart.

ADVERTISIMENT