Menu
MAPCO Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

MAPCO
reviews & complaints

www.mapcomart.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 149 Reviews

MAPCO Complaints Summary

11 Resolved
138 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from MAPCO with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for MAPCO has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MAPCO. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

MAPCO reviews & complaints 149

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest MAPCO reviews & complaints

12:45 pm EST

MAPCO Employee / customer service

11/14, 12:27am - Mapco Winchester Rd Huntsville, AL. This lady on the night shift never (well 4 times now) has the money to change a bill higher than a 10.00.

She will rudely tell you to go somewhere else even if you volunteer to spend so much that the change will be less than 40 dollars. After dealing with her unpleasantness I actually avoid most Mapco locations now just to avoid the possibility of being an inconvenience and their employee being so mean to me.

Desired outcome: Employees need to be punished for such mean treatment to customers. Also the cashiers need to have change for $50/$100 bills In their cash drawer

K
6:57 pm EST

MAPCO ID card verification

I was informed that mapco does not accept a retired military id as a valid id to buy cigarettes. First off I do not look anywhere near 21 but I went to get my id out of car anyway to be informed that it is not a valid id. I served for 21 years in the service but can’t buy cigarettes from your stores. I’ll be sure to tell any military friends how mapco treats this country’s service members

F
9:52 pm EST

MAPCO Cats in the store

On October 28th 2023 I entered the store located at 11821 South Memorial Parkway ,between the hours of 1:00 A.M. and 1:30 A.M. As I entered the store, I was approached by an cat. I'm highly allergic and also afraid of cats. The cat approached me begging me up against the wall. I began screaming to the top of my lungs for help but no one came.The employee was in the back room with her friend and she never came out to help. This employee had more friends in the store and at that point in time, they all thought it was funny and laughed at me. I was upset and crying and when I got a chance to run from the store, I ran out the door. On another occasion the same employee had a cat and his bed in the store where you guys prepare food. This is so unsanitary and I am planning on reporting this to the health department and the BBB. I was a patron in your store spending my money only to be treated like s*** and I don't appreciate it at all.

Desired outcome: Termination of this employee because she is jeopardizing the health of your customers in the in the quality of your merchandise by the cats and the cat hair everywhere.

Is MAPCO legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates MAPCO highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 7% resolution rate for complaints about MAPCO raises questions. Diligently reviewing MAPCO's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering MAPCO's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

MAPCO earns 87% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: MAPCO near-perfect at 87% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for MAPCO. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Our scan shows MAPCO website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Mapcomart.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with MAPCO, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• MAPCO's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 7% of 0 complaints being resolved.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the mapcomart.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Mapcomart.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The mapcomart.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • MAPCO protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
N
1:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MAPCO I'm a complaining about the map code 5111 as i've done so many times before through the telephone but nobody

I I have called and called and complained about this one woman that works at Mapco 5111 eastaboga Speedway Boulevard eastaboga Alabama this woman is so rude to me and nobody from your company will listen I'm handicapped and if I park at the pumps with nobody around this lady's got something to say to me and most of the time the one handicap spot you have is taken so I have nowhere to park but a good place away from having to walk cuz I can't get into the handicap spot I will be calling and making a complaint as soon as possible. My name is Nikki goswick

Desired outcome: I want her fired she is the worst customer service rep I have ever seen in my life and has been rude to me on six different occasions now and I keep calling with no help from your company. I'm disabled.

10:16 pm EDT
Replied
MAPCO has left an official reply on this complaint.

MAPCO Cashier

I went to the mapco on the corner of hwy 70 and sawyer brown rd. It is by the publix. I had a really bad day and wanted to go home. I stopped to get 24.00 of gas paid by cash. First I had to wait for someone else. The person behind the counter pointed to the other guy. He finally came out of the office. I told him I needed 24.00 on pump 3 I laid my cash on the counter. Then he asked if I was a member told me to put my number I'm. No problem. Then set it up for credit card. I said I'm paying in cash. He said 2 times they don't take cash. With a serious look. All of a sudden when I get irritable, he says I'm just kidding. Not cool. Then I go to the pump. And he still did not turn on the pump I had to go back in again. You never know what kind of day someone has had. I think the young man that was at the register needs to know sometimes joking and playing around is not right

Desired outcome: The cashier spoke to and the situation handled. He probably has done this with others.

Read full review of MAPCO

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

T
12:48 pm EDT
Replied
MAPCO has left an official reply on this complaint.

MAPCO Charges

I was charged $174 for a stop that i did not even make on 08/01/2023.It said the transaction on my acct was for 08/01/23; then if you click on it; it said trans date: 08/02/23 and it was processed 08/03/23- something is not adding up. I live in Jackson TN & moved from Murfreesboro, but somehow have a charge for Antioch, which I have never stopped at this location. I did not lose my card or anything.

Desired outcome: Please Refund money

View 0 more photos

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

1:48 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MAPCO Meter readings is not displaying on meter

My meter reference number is [protected]. The display is not working and it's not showing meter readings and meter display is not showing numbers and it's blank. it's a request make a visit and solve the issue as soon as possible.i will be very grateful to you.My home address is Street no 02 house no 33 Gulberg Residence near Toyota Royal Motor's Rahim yar khan. I will be very thankful to you and request you to solve the issue as soon as possible.

S
12:49 am EDT

MAPCO Night shift employees

At 11:40 pm I entered the below described location of Marco to purchase a Juul device. I waited in line and watched as an employee got disrespectful and demanding to a customer that was denied service for purchasing an alcoholic beverage due to his ID being on his phone and not in the physical form - the customer proceeded to leave while the employees (both) demanded he put back the beverages - customer refuses stating he was denied service and left. I disregard and approached to purchase the JuuL, had to instruct the employee on where to look and locate the item, he then proceeded to take my physical ID 3 times which will clearly be seen on the camera, because he was not scanning the ID correctly - on the third attempt he proceeds to ask if I knew where he was supposed to scan the ID - at this point I’m flustered at the situation and say to him they should train you guys better on how to do your job - I am not a cashier and do not know which barcode is intended to be scanned - the individual then starts acting like I’m being rude to him and instigates an argument which almost lead to a fight. Bottom line is these bottom fed individuals should not be working customer service and need to be stocking/sweeping/mopping/ brushing toilets/ anything other then speaking or dealing with customers. It makes your establishment seem like a crime scene waiting to happen. Let that be a warning.

Desired outcome: Fire or demote the individuals or place a superior there to watch over their remarks and interactions with customers. We all come to get good service not to deal with their attitude because of their own personal issues.

A
4:12 pm EDT

MAPCO Treatment

In December of 2022 I was a manager at Mapco on James st. I was with the company for 3 years. I was waiting on my bonus check for the previous months that I never received. While at work I was bitten by a brown recluse spider I followed the chain of command. And hospitalized for 9 days not only did I miss Christmas Eve Christmas and new years with my family but I was not getting paid my pto time when I requested it in Dec for Jan. when I was released from the hospital I was told I could not come back to work until mapco approved it scene I was out for 5 days! I noticed on my last check not only was my pto removed but they paid me by the hour and not what I was suppose to make salary I’ve tried contacting everyone you can think of and no one has helped me matter of fact they did not pay any of my medical bills or workman’s comp and 1 bill alone is $42,000.00 and when I signed up for unemployment they told they state of Tn I was still employed with mapco even thoe they sent me a separation notice and it was denied so now I have o e $120,000.00 medical bills no,120 hours of pto time taken and now no job and when I asked Ben Johnson why was I fired he said r because I did not follow rules I said I’m confused I’ve only been back for 2 days? And would not let me get anything that I personally brought or belong to me. I never thought 𝙢𝙖𝙥𝙘𝙤 would do me wrong, but I was wrong

Desired outcome: I want my pto time of 120 hr back and my job I didn’t deserve to be treated

J
6:45 pm EDT

MAPCO Borden Milk

On May 27, 2023 I bought some milk at the mapco in Ashland, Alabama at about 9:05 pm. I got home my 11 yr. old fixed him some cereal. It made him sick. I should've looked at the date but I didn't. I really didn't think they would have milk in there 10 days out of date and soured. I called back up there and the guy working told me to bring it back and I told him I would in the morning because I didn't have a ride back right then and he said ok. Well I tried to take it back today May 28, 2023, the woman working said she couldn't exchange it for me or give me my money back because she wasn't the one working. I don't think that should matter, they should've gave me some more milk. And on top of that the guy working that night told me on the phone that he went and looked and all the rest of the milk in there were all bad. Now what does that tell you about the workers at that location.

Desired outcome: I want an apology, and some more milk. My 11 year old is still sick today from drinking that rotten milk. The date on the milk is May 18, 2023

Y
8:26 pm EST

MAPCO Customer service

This lady closes the store at 8 every night until someone comes and when she does have the store open she don't want to do her job she the only big girl work there at night so I'm sure you know who I'm talking about on Danny Thomas and frayser yesterday she refused me service because someone was late for shift today she refused me service saying she couldn't supply changel

Desired outcome: Relocate her

D
7:09 pm EST

MAPCO Customer service

My name is Derek Goodgine and I'm at your 2115 21st ave, Nashville Tenn location your clerk has the doors locked with a sign sayings cleaning the restroom and it's been 45 minutes you've got a line of people out here that need to get in the store and it's freezing cold two people can't leave because they need gas they're about to run out this is the most rudest establishment and experience that I have ever seen in my life it does not take an hour to clean a bathroom, and the phone wrong he answered the phone with the gloves on that he's cleaning the bathroom with you can see him through the window that is disgusting customers are leaving this location because they're tired of waiting in the code however I can't leave this location because I will run out of gas I'm a furious customer who just got off of work who needs gas and wants to go home to his family thank you my contact information is [protected]. Saturday Nov 19 2022 530pm.

Desired outcome: Hire employees who care about their customers

1:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MAPCO Unable to use my loyalty or phone number at the gas pump to redeem my cents off per gallon. Unable to call and speak with anyone at Mapco.

I called the number listed on Google in two places [protected]) attempting to contact Mapco customer service; the number will not even ring. It's like someone answers the phone and breathes into the phone and then you get a busy/disconnected sound and it disconnects.

If a Large company like Mapco does not have a direct line of customer services; I don't understand that especially with the Mapco rewards cards/usage.

I eventually gave in and sent email which I believe is the only way to Contact them, but will have to wait probably days for a response back.

Name: Debra Dexter

Phone: 850.407.0788

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: To be able to call and speak with a live person with Mapco customer service. I would like a working phone number to contact them with account issues.

H
12:48 am EDT

MAPCO Employee working 3rd shift on hwy 31 nort in decatur alabama

Upon walking in the store about 15 min after 11 the colored lady working was very rude to me and told me she has the right to refuse service to me bc of last night and pointed and told me to leave.

Well last night I went to mapco just as I do almost every night when I go I almost always spend in neighborhood of $20 I was with a friend and we walked his dog that was thirsty so I sat on sidewalk with my friend and dog and ate my pack of donuts and was just getting up when she came out door saying it all rude about how you have to leave so I was getting up and told her she need not be rude to me bc I'm a customer and if I wasn't homeless she probably would not be rude to me.

And if that was the case why were 2 men standing up by the door not being customers prior to this they (we're hanging out) and need made attempt to leave as I was and are still out front now 30 min later.

Desired outcome: Her fired or her to publicly apologize, to me

9:13 pm EDT

MAPCO District manager of 2214 whitten road memphis tn

The district manager is allowing his family memeber stephen at be park and mt moriah to steal lottery and his nephew or stepson malachi at stage get phone scammed several times. Also he runs off every employee he gets by moving them and using them for food and gas money. If you cant see that this is a problem only in justins district. He is stealing he charges off over 850 packs of trail mix at stage and walked to the garbage can put it in his car to take home. That is against company policy. Check your cameras check your system. Justin is a snake and hates ryan mcelroy

Desired outcome: Justin emeka odeigah investigated

J
11:27 am EDT

MAPCO Manger

Manger fired me because I got sick on the job one time ( 5 months pregnant )

Desired outcome: Mean

A
12:36 pm EDT

MAPCO gas truck driver

driver cut accross 3 lanes of traffic into an occupied turn lane and almost hit me while on my way to work. i was in the turn lane already when he tried to merge. incident starts at 5:50 in both videos. front and rear dash cam

Desired outcome: at least a wright up and defensive driving classes

8:02 am EDT

MAPCO Manager

I have been a loyal customer of mapco at this store 3546 Cleveland highway Dalton Georgia 30721 for several years however the new manager there seems to have a problem with people who buy lottery tickets especially me she does not like to sell them to me complaints about it and she does not like to cash the tickets in that I win from. On one occasion she even followed me to the ice machine outside so that I could get my [censored] with a babysitter she made me feel as though I was a thief and it was greatly unappreciated she is rude not only to me but to other customers as well she has said that she doesn't like or approve of the lottery so everyone who purchases lottery from this store is hassled by it and felt as if they are I appreciated it would be greatly appreciated if you could handle this matter move her from the store or have her to check her attitude at the door her job is customer service as well as everyone else's so with that being said thank you and I do expect you to handle this because this is my second complaint and there has been nothing done about anything

Desired outcome: Retraining on customer service refresher on policy about selling entire rolls of lottery tickets reminded that there is no place in retail for judgement of people especially by a manager.

T
2:25 am EDT

MAPCO Service

Anytime this guy is in here he tells me they are closed, I have come at 1am, 2am, 3am no matter what time, he will say he's closed. I have never heard this from Mr. Charles who works the same hours. Thursday/ Friday is the day I fuel up, however I can not even fuel up and get a snack after work when he is here.
3227 Point Mallard Pkwy SE
Decatur, AL 35603

G
11:48 pm EDT

MAPCO Cashier

You have a cashier that works at the mapco on 431 in Golden Springs Alabama that is rude and tells people what they have to pay with I came in the store and all I had was a hundred and was told I had to use something smaller because she wouldn't break it and tonight I brought a friend to get cigarettes and gas and was going to hand her a 20 and the cashier said it was close to changing shifts and told my friend that she had to use a 10 I've worked in several gas stations and never wants to be told a customer how to pay for their purchases I hate coming to this store when she's working

Desired outcome: i just hate coming to a store with rude cashiers

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

MAPCO contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with MAPCO?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MAPCO Customer Service. Initial MAPCO complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MAPCO above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MAPCO. Discuss the issues you have had with MAPCO and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.