Menu

reviews & complaints

Chevron Complaints Summary

89 Resolved
287 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Chevron with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Chevron has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Chevron. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Chevron complaints 376

Sort by:

Newest Chevron reviews & complaints

F
8:50 pm EST

Chevron late fee on current statement

acct. no. [protected].

We got our statement this month with a late fee of $31.00,

is there any way you could waver it. we have done business with you for 53 years. We did not get our statement in time so we were a little late in paying.

In 53 years we have never been late before.

I believe you give me some consideration by waving this charge.

Thanks very much for your help.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Chevron representatives only. If you are affiliated with Chevron, please claim your business to access these details.

J
8:41 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chevron Customer service from a chevron employee

I went to the chevron off travis bld in fairfield, ca 94533 today on 11/6/23 around 4pm and the black employee yelled racial slurs at an older white gentlemen because he brought in his own cup for a refill. He said to the customer "you people have all the money and wealth and think you can do whatever you want all the time" my brother was also there and when he tried to tell him stores do allow customers to use their own cups he lashed out at him also and he said other words cuss words I dont feel appropriate to type.

Claimed loss: we don't feel safe going there as customers anymore and it's sad because we don't feel safe around him and ain't playing roulette whether or not if he'll be in there or not

Desired outcome: terminated or suspended with write up would be nice but we'll let you take care of that

A
9:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi There, At around 5:40pm Oct 28, 2023, I came to the 2281 NW 185th Ave, Hillsboro, OR, 97124 location. Prime rush hour, my gas tank was near empty. I parked and saw a Chevron employee helping someone fill their car, as this is a full service place. I waited 5 minutes no one came, so I decided to pump my own gas. It read the card and I picked the type...

Is Chevron legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Chevron as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 23% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Chevron stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Chevron should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Chevron earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Chevron achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Chevron. The company provides a physical address, 27 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Chevron's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Chevron.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Chevron website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Chevron.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Chevron have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Chevron and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Chevron's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 23% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the chevron.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
B
4:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just got gas for my car which was $15 and when I got in my car and started it my gas gage didn't even go up one bar, I told the attendant and he just said, the gas was just running slow but it still was given to me and my car. I looked at my mile range and it didn't change either, so I went to Valero in Universal City because San Antonio is known for thi...

J
8:29 pm EDT

Chevron Gasoline

On September 2nd I purchased fuel from a Chevron. A minute later my car broke down. The dealership I took my car to told me my gasoline was bad. I haven't had a car for a couple of weeks. They had to empty the fuel twice to try and get as much of the bad gas out as they could. I had to take vacation time and pay for rentals while I haven't had my car. I saved the gas for examination. I contacted the weights and measures to have the gas tested at the station. I will adding 2 more pictures when I receive them from the dealership which is the bad gasoline and the estimate for damages. Thank you and let me know if you need more information.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate reimbursement for the cost of repairs, rentals, gas purchased, vacation time used and whatever you can help with pain and suffering. Total reimbursement would be 1658.42 plus pain and suffering.

Update by jdalmazan
Oct 05, 2023 4:20 pm EDT

These are pictures sent by the dealership of the gasoline and the bill which was not very expensive luckily but having to take time off and rent a car was very expensive and inconvenient.

S
1:16 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to address a matter of concern regarding an incident that occurred during my recent visit to your car wash facility, Chevron, located at 1704 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129. On 09/11/2023 around 7:30 p.m., I brought my vehicle, a white Audi Q5, for gas and a carwash. Regrettably, during the car wash, an...

H
10:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to file a complaint concerning my visit to the Chevron tonight, 9/7/2023 from 8:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. I made a purchase and the cashier a young foreign man accidentally made a mistake with the total. I was helping a customer who did not have enough funds to pay for an orange soda in a glass bottle. When I received my change, I realized he did...

6:12 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I come in every night to this establishment and normally have a good visit. Tonight I go in like I do every night after I get off work at 2:00 AM and the employee as I walked in was talking very loudly on his phone and ignored my presence, I proceeded to come to the counter and ask for what I needed on top of buying my energy drinks for the next day. The...

L
5:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the Chevron Fast 'N' Esy to fill my car with gas. When I put in my phone number to use the gas rewards, an invalid message appeared. The attendant says that means zero gas rewards are available. I paid the full price of $5.19 9/10 per gallo n. When I returned home, I checked the Vons website. It says that I have 19 gas rewards available. Is something illegal going on?

7:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was in the Maple Fuels General Store (Maple Fuels Wash a Ton) and have never been treated so disrespectfully. The restroom was out of toilet paper and paper towels. I advised management to which the lady (name tag said Crystal) told me "to use my [censored]ing pants, I'm busy" this lady was so rude and flippant it was disgusting. I will never go there again.

1:35 pm EDT

Chevron Service / employee at station

Chevron station located at: 12900 SW 87th Ave, Miami, FL 33176

Date and Time: July 11, 2023 at 1:15pm

Paid for vehicle wash and machine did not work. Entered location where 2 employees were working, middle aged woman with badge and middle aged bald hispanic male with no identification. When advised about issue, male employee interrupted and stated, "too bad you can't get your money back...why do you keep coming here if you don't like it, go to another gas station".

Employees with such atrocious manners and behavior should not be Chevron employees. Incredible that customers can be treated in such a manner and money taken without service that was paid for and no refund.

Numerous other times at this location employees abandon position and leave door locked during operating hours for over 15 minutes at a time. There is never receipt paper in the machines outside and unable to obtain receipts needed for work purposes due to abandonment of position.

Receipt is not handy, but is filed at my office if needed for verification.

Desired outcome: Originally wanted my $3.99 back. At this point it would be better for the neighborhood, and for Chevron, that this employee not be employed for this position.

H
2:28 pm EDT

Chevron Theft and assault by employee

Yesterday I came to Chevron and purchased 2 Red Bulls. The price of 2 Red Bulls is $4.50, without scanning the product, the employee just said $6.00, so I paid but I was suspicious that the price wasn’t $6.00 because I had purchased it from there before and I remembered paying less before but I wasn’t sure so I didn’t say anything. Moreover, there was a gentleman’s in front of me who was of the same ethnicity as the cashier and the cashier told the customer that he can pick an item in front of him for free, and he did. But, I ended up paying for it essentially. Today I came to buy Red Bull again and fill up gas and it was the same cashier, for the same number of Red Bulls, after scanning the items, she said $4.50. I told her she had overcharged me yesterday at around 3:00 pm, she became combative and denied a FACT, something I was 100% sure of. I don’t care about the $1.50 but giving a customer an item for free just to overcharge the next customer is disrespectful and illegal, it’s theft. And she did it knowingly. Today, after I stated that what she did wasn’t right, she yanked the Red Bulls out of my hand in an aggressive manner and refused to serve me and while walking back to the register, intentionally, she assaulted me by slamming her shoulder against me. What this employee did is utterly disgusting and dispicable. She pretty much stole my money and assaulted me. If her superiors watch the camera footage, everything I said can easily be confirmed and verified without a doubt. The first incident occured on 6/15/23 at around 3:00 pm, between 2:20 and 3:05. The second incident occured today, 6/16/23 at around 11:00 am. Please contact me at [protected] or email me at [protected]@gmail.com and let me know how you will de resolving this theft and assault that was committed by your employee, a representative of the owner at this location and of Chevron in general. What she did SHOULDNT be done to ANY customer. Now my shoulder is hurting due to her attack.

The location of this theft and assault was at:

1101 N Mission Rd

Los Angeles, CA 90033

Desired outcome: For justice to be served and for her not to steal money from other customers and then assault them.

9:14 am EDT

Chevron Rude behavior

I went into the Chevron on Hwy 80 in Pooler, GA, across from the Western Sizzler. I have received good service from all the staff there except for this one young female who claims to be the owner. You would think, if she is actually the owner, she would have at least as good an attitude or a nicer one than her staff. I am not sure exactly what her problem is with me, if it's the way I look or the way I speak or what. She had a rude attitude when she first saw me in the store years ago, and at the time I had never even spoken to her or had she heard me conversing with anyone else or speaking in general. I am an owner of a 3 bedroom 2 bath home that is paid for free and clear and for some unknown reason she chooses to have a rude behavior and talk to me as if I am a bum off the street. I have seen her be nice to other customers but I can ask her a simple question not using any abusive language and she will respond and rudely. It's just mind bottling to me how a store owner could act this way.

4:52 pm EDT

Chevron Chevron station car wash 808 E Baseline Rd Tempe AZ

The car wash damaged my car and Chevron owner will not give me ANY information regarding their insurance and they hang up on me when I or a friend calls to ask for insurance information. I have complained on our neighborhood app and have found out this has happened to many people!

Is this the type of people you have representingChevron?

I have also heard they are selling cigarettes and vape products to minors!

Can you give me their insurance info, if they are insured?

C
4:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chevron Gas station attendant selling viva la hemp products

On 5/7/23 I stopped by Store 0384590 in Hoover, Alabama to grab a Viva La Hemp vape from the store and was sold a defective product as it did not power up at all like it states on the packaging it would. I attempted to bring it to the attendants attention as this is the third defective product I’ve been sold at this location and was told that I could not replace my item because it had not been tested out in the store. The attendant is aware that this is a problem as I have brought it to his attention before. I will no longer bring any business to chevron.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a full refund for the product that I could not use.

M
6:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Monday May 01, 2023 at 6:25 pm PST, I fueled my 1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 at Chevron gas station #82 located at the corner of Warner Ave and Magnolia st in the city of Fountain Valley, CA. This gas station is operated by G&M Oil. I bought a car wash with the car wash code 49166. I was driving my vehicle into the car wash area, and while the brush system...

11:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello ma’am, or sir I’m calling to complain about the store in Temecula California. I refilled my car and waiting for attendant to show up and I’m telling you every time I come here there’s no tenant inside. The store branch is as if he left the store locked up. I was unable to purchase items inside the store due to the fact that it’s always locked in it...

1:53 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chevron terrible service at your location every time i come to your establishment.

I live right by the chevron on durango and grand teton dr. On durango in centennial hills nevada. 8356 grand teton dr. 89143 is the zip code. I am some tired of being racially profiled and disrespected when i come to your location.. As a consumer, your employee always seems to find a situation with me amongst all the white customers in the store.. Very disrespectful to me time after time.. She slams all my product on the counter, she takes my id and drops it on purpose on the counter and i still be nice because i just wana get make my purchase and leave.. She told me "not to come to that location because they dont want me there"

she tried to say that i threatened her so she could call the police.. I never said anything to her but she wana act like that around other white customers.

Someone please contact me back about this serious issue that you have with your employee at 702.936.0894 tony.

We will be taking futher legal action regarding this issue!

thank you..

Desired outcome: HUMAN RESOURCES NEED TO HANDLE THIS ABOUT RACISM THAT YOUR EMPLOYEES HAVE. thats why we are are sending this message today! HERES MY EmaIL: [protected]@gmail.com

11:08 pm EST

Chevron Its the clerk tran#1027922 csh; 5 2.6.2023 7;38;17 pm

First im staying at motel studios 6 irvinhton. So I go to this store often. I didn't get his name thats why I put the information under product. I have lucky strike coupons and the website said that I get a $1.50 off my pack for signing up with lucky strike so I showed it to the clerk and he said that he couldnt take the $1.50 off without a scan code, so I looked on the site for the store #es801 3535 e irvington and couldn't find the store so I bought a pack of lucky strike gold at $6.23 per pack I called the store because the reciept didn't reflect the $0.50 off coupon on the pack clerk said the computer takes off the coupon. I asked clerk a question..."how much is a pack of lucky strikes?" he rudely answered back $0.50 more seeing that he was so rudei wanted to know the regular actual price not some smart * (%&^&^ (answer) normal people wouldve just giving me the actual price obviously its 50 cent more the point I was tryiung to make is that with out taxes or is there a differnt price becuase all the lucky strickes didn't have a coupon on them hence my question. I was a trainer for customer service reps, and had an emplouyee been so flippent with a cust well when I train people they actually know better than to get smart with a customer. Unlike this clerk whatever the young manse name is he had dark hair. And he was just about to change sjhift.

Desired outcome: I'D LIKE MY $1.50 OFF MY NEXT PACK SINCE I COULDN'T FIND THE COUPON OPNLINE FROM LUCKY STRIKE.IM GOING TO WRITE LUCKY STRIKE ABOUT HOW THIER PRODUCT IS BEING REPRESENTED BY THIS STORE TO THEIR LUCKY STRIKE CUSTOMERS.

6:16 pm EST

Chevron Cashier (young adult)

I have been going to my local Chevron for over 25 years. I usually go 6-10 times per week. I never have an issue except for the young adult male that works there - 16256 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, WA 98008. I am 50 years old and look way past 18 years old, but this cashier mouths off to me while always asking for my ID for tobacco products. I usually wear one of 2 different work attires and am easily recognizable and he usually says something smart alec after he has my ID in his hand, which tells me, he knows what he's doing. Also, this cashier will ring everything up as taxable...even food items which are suppose to be tax free. Today, I tried to pay for a lottery ticket with rolled up coins. It was marked and I made it easy for him to take and it wasn't like I was trying to buy a bunch of tickets with loose coins. He told me he won't accept rolled up coins and was very mouthy about it. This cashier has on a regular basis made racist comments towards myself and will even do so with other customers around. Most of the time, other customers will look back at me in disgust or shock look on their face. Once, another customer spoke up on my behalf and told the male cashier that wasn't accepted and he just laughed it off. I am Asian and understand that these times the past couple years have been challenging for everyone, but I feel this employee is way out of line.

Desired outcome: I have already drafted a letter to the City of Bellevue and considering other options. I have recorded his poor behavior now 4 times. My name is Mr. Todd Akiyama [protected]

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Chevron contacts