Having problems with Esso?

Esso Customer Service Contacts

P. O. Box 4654
Houston, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Esso Customer Service. Initial Esso complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Esso above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Esso. Discuss the issues you have had with Esso and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Esso Complaints & Reviews

EssoGas card rip off

On Saturday December 19 at approximatly 12:00 I went into the Esso Station on the corner of Highway #3 and Highway #140 in the city of Port Colborne to buy a gift card for my son in law for christmas. I paid cash for a $50 card and left without a receipt(not smart).My son in law tried to use it on December 28 and it was empty!!!I dont expect a refund because I wasnt smart enough to get a receipt, but I wanted you to be aware of the actions of your
employees.
Pat McIntyre
2518hwy 3
Port Colborne Ontario
L3K 5V3
[protected]@gmail.com

Jan 08, 2021

Esso — Rude staff, poor, treatment, broken, car wash trapped, refuse to reimburse

Jan8th 5 : 42 pm, got gas and bought car wash, car wash broke as soon as it started, I was trapped and had to...

Dorval

Essopoint system no phone # in there system tryed a couple of times we just left ..

you think ya go to the store to buy food for yourself you take your stuff too the counter the attendent ask for your phone # you give it to him he punches that number into the so called machine that they have and before you know it it magicly disapers ..the station at the corner at 64th ave and scott rd in surrey bc canada beware of this store as they won.t honner whites or native people, only cater to there own... there so called points system is slow as so is the workers who operate that store. if the #is not in that system then how did i get the points before i have been attending this store for 2 years

Dec 11, 2020

Esso — Customer service

On Dec 9, at around 10:10 PM I went and pump gas in 80 Colborne St West, Brantford. It was in the time they...

Nov 27, 2020

Esso — Touch less car wash

Purchased a premium wash and it barely cleaned my car and they don't give enough time for you to dry off...

Cambridge

Oct 24, 2020

Esso — Car wash and customer service

We got our car washed at super wash at ESSO on 5585 Winston Churchill road, the wash turned out to be very...

Mississauga

EssoTouch less car wash

I purchased a full wash with my fuel purchase on Oct 2, 2020. The wash did not clean the surface at all. It rinsed the loose dust off but left all residue behind. The spotted dirt left behind is considerable. I returned to the store and they credited me with a free Full wash Which I did immediately. It still did not clean the surface at all.
      I am not happy spending twelve dollars for a wash and the car is a dirty as it was to start with. Picture attached not the best due to sunlight. However it was taken after the second wash.

Touch less car wash

EssoMy card was charge twice

On Sept 7, 2020 I purchase gas at your station in London ONT. (940 Hamilton Rd East London). I went inside to pay for my gas using my debit card, I tap once but was charged twice. I called the location to inform them, and I was told to send the information, I did that and got nothing back. I'm appealing to the company to look into this as the POS may have a glitch and that's the reason for the double charge. The amount of my gas was $60.01.
        Thank you, and I hope to hear back from your department as soon as possible with some positive outcome.

My card was charge twice
        My card was charge twice

Sep 06, 2020

Esso — Employee behavior

A man with a black baton chased me out of the store after I went inside carrying a couple plastic bottle...

Jun 29, 2020

Esso — Staff service

My name is Holly Giugovaz, my phone number is [protected]. I want to report an incident happened today (June...

EssoPoints card

I travel through Deep River Ontario on a regular basis. Every time I go to the service station in Deep River they always say machine not working, or system down or whatever excuse they can come up with. Esso needs to put a sign saying we do not take points card at this location, then people can go somewhere else.I suggest you put someone in the store who can facatuliate customers. Why have a card if you cannot use it. In times like this cash is slim. I have had this card for years and this is the only place this happens on a regular basis.

Mar 13, 2020

Esso — Optimum phone number not working at pumps

Hi, it seems forever since you launched the Optimum Rewards Points accumulation and the the acceptance of...

Burnaby
            Mar 13, 2020

Esso — Outdoor property

I would like to complain about litter scattered all over this particular Esso gas station on its property...

Mar 11, 2020

Esso — Gas station attendant

I was waiting to use the washroom but the attendant he did not allow me to use it and he misbehaved with me...

Toronto
            Feb 29, 2020

Esso — Customer service

[protected] 10am. I'm old man and I'm Esso customer more than 10 years. Today I have some problem to...

Richmond Hill

EssoPoints inquiries

Reference #: [protected] i had some points but now there's zero now.why?Email address: [protected]@hotmail.com

Member Id: [protected] Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 2:34 PM
            To: ESSO Customer Service /SM
            Subject: Category: Points inquiries

Thank you for taking the time to contact Imperial.

For further assistance with this or any other issues, please call us at [protected]; a Consumer Care Specialist will be happy to assist you between the hours of 9am to 7pm EST, Monday to Friday.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Sincerely,

Fany why can't they help me by email ?

Feb 25, 2020

Esso — Customer service

I visited Esso gas station tonight around 10pm located at 2611 Lawerence Ave, Scarborough, ON M1P 2S2. I...

Feb 13, 2020

Esso — gas theft

My wife was accused of 3 gas thefts by your franchisee owner from the tillsonburg station last night...

Tillsonburg

Essobad system

Privileges card, point card, optimum card, Esso extra card, none of these cards work at the pumps, I have tried at multiple stations, I have had attendants try and get them to work and never do. Why can't you simplify these cards and just make them work or use points to pay for fuel or any of them, I get emails stating I have deal to earn more points and never does. I have over $50 available to redeem and I can't access it, nor the stations. What a waste of space in my wallet.

Essocharged too much for fuel on my mastercard

When I got gas, the fuel pump said I put in $50.60. The pre authorization I gave was $70.00. But the service station put the full amount of $70.00 on my mastercard instead of the pump total of $50.60.
                The following is the information from the receipt:
                Date: 2019/12/26
                Term #: [protected]
                Record #: 004047
                Host Invoice #: 0004382
                Host Seq #: 1004662
                Auth #: 026812
                HTS#: [protected]
                Merchant copy

I did not get a copy that said "customer copy" showing actual purchase price of gas.

I would like to receive a refund on my mastercard of $19.40. Plus I would like the service station investigated as to why such a thing is being done. Am I the only customer they have done this too or are there others.

Jeanne Cooper