Having problems with Esso Extra?

106 W Queens Rd
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada - V7N2K3

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Esso Extra.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 09, 2019

Esso Extra — use of washroom

I stoped at this gas station today and started putting gas into my vehicle and my friend went to use the...

Esso Extrarefund

Hi all,

Me and my family put gas on esso station in italy florence on saturday, 14 september. The site Id is: 08708.

As you can see at the receite, I paid for the gas 50 euro and the machine does not gave me back the change that deserve to me.

What can I do with that?

The receite attached here, with all the details of the day, the Name of the gas station and the time.

My email: yair.[protected]@gmail.com.

Thanks.

refund

Mar 11, 2019

Esso Extra — customer service

Worst customer service ever, I love coming into a store being a paying customer and getting accused of...

Nov 23, 2018

Esso Extra — car wash / customer service

I purchased a luxury wash at the finch & weston location. The car infront me drove in the wash without...

Oct 18, 2018

Esso Extra — prepaid gas not adjusting to actual gas received

On Oct 17th at 3:38 I prepaid for $40.00 regular gas but the tank only to $33.73. As of today my bank account...

Chestermere

Oct 16, 2018

Esso Extra — car wash

I purchased a luxury car wash in August. The line was really long so I decided to come back another time. I'm...

Burnaby

Esso Extraprice at gas pump and gas display were different

Hi there, so this morning at 2:30am ( Oct 6) I saw the sign at the Esso gas station at 144.9 on 64th ave and 120th street in Surrey. I went in and punching in my card and all and just as I was starting to pump I noticed the price at the pump was 157.9. I quickly stopped and went inside to talk to the associate. He was cleaning and restocking at this time at the front of the store. I told the associate the issue and he went behind the counter and changed something in his machine. So I asked if he fixed it and he said it is $157.9/litre. I was confused because when I was filling the display on the big board on the street was $144.9 ( I have a pictures). He said well I forgot to change it. I told him I should be paying the priced displayed as that is what was advertised. He said he is new and has to call the manager. He called and came back saying, he does not have any authorization so he can not do anything. This was very disappointing. This is false advertisment and cheating because most of the time people do not double check the price at the pump. I explained my concern so he called his manager JasKaran. He come back and said come and talk to my manager during the day. I can not do anything. I got his name which is Navdeep and the manager he spoke to was JasKaran. I went back the next day and expalined the situation to JasKaren and he brushed it off. He said Navdeep was about to do it but that was when I came in. Things like this happen and I should understand. I told him that was incorrect because Navdeep was restocking and cleaning when I came in. He called Navdeep and then came back. Jaskaran said nothing can be done and he pumped some where once and it happened to him and he was understand and paid the higher price and did not create an issue. This was rude and a waste of my time. I mentioned the cashiers code of conduct and how I should be getting $10 off. He brushed me off saying he is the assisant manager so he cant do anything. Manager is away in Victoria, BC. I was very upset at the way this was being dealt with. He then went to the back and called his manager Sukhjinden. According to him Sukhjinden said nothing can me be done. I asked to speak to his manager as he is unable to do anything. He said come back on Monday Oct 8th because that is when he will be back. I dont think I should have to keep going back just to get the gas at the price they advertised. I already used my gas to come in today.

To be honest this is ridicules. I can not believe such a big company that I have been a customer for for over 10 years is treating me like this. And that they do not honour the law and code of conduct. I am emailing you now because I am in hope that you will be able to help me in resolving this issue.

price at gas pump and gas display were different
    price at gas pump and gas display were different

RESOLVED

This was intended to be for Esso’s head office not to be posted like this. It was my mistake. I tried getting this complain deleted but complaintboard refused to help me with that. Anyways, Esso is taking the appropiate action to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Esso Extragas leak/no help from attendant

My father (who is a senior) was filling up gas today (Sunday August 26th) at the station at Yonge and Finch in the Pickle Barrel Plaza at approximately 1:30pm. The pump did not stop once the tank was full but rather began overfilling, spilling all over the ground and my father's legs and shoes. He did not even get a receipt because he was trying to wipe off the gasoline and rushed home to shower. Before he left, he informed the attendant of what happened who responded by saying "I start working at 6am and this has never happened before." Not only did he neglect to ask if my father was okay or offer to help him in the slightest but instead he just left to go get something to clean the spill on the ground, leaving my father to fend for himself. My father came home in pain, soaked in gasoline and I am just thankful that he lives close enough to the gas station that he was able to quickly go home and shower. I am shocked and disgusted that this happened and he was not offered a helping hand by your employee. To request a refund would be an understatement as I initially advised my father to sue. He simply does not have the energy to do so and would rather me just fill out a complaint which I am doing now so I truly hope he is fairly compensated for this horrendous experience he has endured.

Jason Md Mar 20, 2019

The service at Yonge and finch is really bad, especially the cashiers, there is a fat black women always yells at customers, looks like everyone own her a billion dollars.

Esso Extragas

My name is Leonardo Miliziano.I live in Montreal Quebec and recently visited an Esso gas station for gas. When I received the bill it showed that I selected supreme instead of the usual regular. I always put regular. There is something wrong with the gas pumps at 9600 Murice Duplessis, Montreal Quebec H1E 1H2 when paying with your credit card. I expect you to take action for this is theft. The people working there don't even know what action to take in this case and I was easily dismissed being told that i should come back when the owners where there if ever. Please respond at [protected]@videotron.ca

Feb 17, 2018

Esso Extra — rude bonnyville esso

I was at Esso in bonnyville Alberta, I went to fill up, I walked in to see how you pay the gas or what, I...

Bonnyville

Esso Extra — imperial

at 5:00 am on APR 30, 2017, I pulled into Esso gas station at 250 the queensway, etobicoke, ON. M8Y 1J4 ...

Esso Gas Mavis And Burnhamthorpecheck what gas you're buying

Please make sure you check the button hit when getting gas! Apparently it's really easy to hit their Supreme Plus with the hose and you end up paying for that instead of whatever gas you are actually trying to fill. Please check your receipts! I'm not sure if this happens regularly at this particular station as this is the first time I've used this station. I've never had this happen at any station in my life and believe me when I say I fill up alot.
          I'm worried that others are getting taken advantage of as most people don't check their gas receipts routinely. I certainly wouln't have noticed except for the fact that I put in the numbers on my gas cubby app and file for business purposes.

Please check and don't let this happen to you. They shouldn't be able to set the system up so that you're taken advantage of.

Esso Gas — fraudulent charge

Fraudulent charge for gas AVOID this station We selected grade 87 (92 cents a litre), but when receipt came...

Mississauga

Esso Oilcustomer service skills

Upon getting a car wash I started to clean the inside of the car. I tried to use the vacuum machine but the machine took the money and did not turn on. Unlike vending machines, this machine did not return the coins it did not like. It needed 2 $1 coins, but never turned on even after the coins were inserted.
            I walked to the cashier and informed him. He shrugged and said that the machines were not his responsibility and I will have to call the company that owns those machines that are located on the property of this gas station.
            There was no sign stating that by the vacuum machines.
            I asked him if he was sure and tells me, "you are begging me for $2, here are $2".
            Totally rude. Would never go back there!

• Fr
                Fred314 Jul 13, 2014

He said he didn't own the machines. You took his 2 dollars. You should return his money and apologize, when you go back to find the phone number you were supposed to use to report the machine out of order. The poor man probably doesn't own anything, just working in a bottom level job, trying to get by. You sound very self-centered and cruel.

esso canada — dishonest self service car wash

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, I went to the Esso gas station (Yonge & Steele) for the self service car wash...

Thornhill

esso canadagas tanks runs with no gas forthcoming

had to pre pay with credit card for gas at the esso located at St Jean and Blue Haven in Dollard des Ormeaux, Que. Put down $35.00 dollars and started pumping but when it hit $27.00 no longer felt gas cursing thru pump line. When I checked my tripodometer there was no way I could have filled $35.00 dollars as my gas tank when filling gas was more than half full and I only have a 52 litre gas tank. When I went in to discuss this with the man behind the counter he informed me that I didn't know what I was talking and he did cause he worked in a gas station. I've worked in a doctor's office but that doensn'tmake me an expert on illnesses. Will never go back to this gas station feel it's a complete rip-off.

esso canada — rude behaviour

After having an issue with my bankcard, I was unable to provide payment for my $10 of gas. After immediately...

Cookstown

esso canadarude behavior

Recently I went to an Esso gas station to fill up air in my car's tires at Sheppard/Don Mills location in Toronto.

I had a very bad experience there with the Esso gas station staff.

When I used the air pump, I found that it was not working, and instead, the tires got deflated.

When I went to tell the Esso gas station staff, instead of listening to what I was saying, I was offered $1 (which I put into the air pump) and I was interrupted.

All I wanted to tell was if for some reason the air pump was not in operation, they should have told/warn me about it before I started to use it.

I then went to another gas station, where I found a sign displaying the "pump not working".

Then I went to Canadian Tire, where the staff helped me fill the air free of charge.

Definitely, the behavior of that Esso gas station's staff is rude. I may not go to that location again.

• La
                    ladybell Sep 19, 2008

i want to know why the gas prices are fixed here in the norfolk county they say cause torrist area, niagara falls more tourist then here. yet we have higher gas prices then them. prices in brantford are now at 113 here we are 12 cents higher this may be due to price fixing at the pumps please help

• Df
                    dflksfhfdjf Jul 26, 2011

don't go there again, so wat, so u think anybody cares, its ur loss u have to drive to a farther station to get gas

• Ve
                    Verisimilitude Jun 17, 2012

Rudness is an employee qualification Esso looks for when hiring. Oh, and the ability to treat customers like dogs.
                    My one and only experience with Esso was quite minor but noteworthy for its suprising level of appalling customer service. I too went to fill a tire and found an issue with the air pump; it may have been me doing it wrong or the pump itself, I will never know because I received no help from Esso staff. I went inside to ask for help and was told, in shredded English, that they had only the one uniform and didn't want to get it dirty and it might be raining so they won't come outside and "ask that guy" (a trucker who happened to pull up, and NO he did not work for ESSO). The manner in which this was spoken was in dismissing me, a mere female, and brushing off my request for assistance.
                    I did ask the trucker, who was a GENTLEMAN and the answer was simple, took less than 30 seconds and no more No, I will not give ESSO nor its affiliates my business. That was my first and last experience with them and, after reading these myriad of customer complaints against them, I will notify friends, family, coworkers about their penchant for hiring/selling a franchise to the most disgusting, half-witted, animals one can encounter.

• Ve
                    Verisimilitude Jun 17, 2012

Correction: **Rudeness** and **surprising** ; sorry, I type too fast.

• Kl
                    klak Jul 29, 2012

@ osspasha:
                    Your comment is rude, belligerent, obnoxious, small-minded and disgusting.
                    But wait! What is this we see? A quick check of osspasha's comments shows that he says HE IS A MANAGER OF AN ESSO IN OTTAWA.
                    Thanks for proving everyone's point.

• Di
                    divaharan Aug 30, 2014

I had a very bad experience today [protected]) in esso gas station. At 4530 erinmills parkway esso, I pay the money for the gas, and the cashier try to play the money, and he wants me to pay again. and his rude behavior and he wants to call the copes on me. Then they check the camara and found the money. Manager name Vivian [protected] I hope you will look this matter and hired a matured person...

esso canadasmoking at gas pumps

I finish gasing up and notice that two guys are chatting on the other side of the gas pump -- and smoking!! I tell the attendant inside that this is very dangerous, especially given they are smoking within 5 feet of two gas pumps ...and my 2 year old daughter is strapped in the backseat of my car...should anything ever happen. The attendant asked me what I wanted him to do? I replied that telling them not to smoke beside the gas pumps would be appreciated so that my daughter would not be in harm's way. A flurry of abuse erupted from the attendant who finally complied with my request. His great insight was that he had never seen a gas station catch fire due to people smoking around the pumps -- Exactly genius, that's because every other gas station does not let its client smoke at the pumps...only you!

Thanks Esso Canada for providing no means to register a complaint. Does it take a gas station to blow to get you attention?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices